Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New member- my dad died

rebecca16128

• Members

Hello everyone. I'm not too sure what the etiquette is for this, but I found this website through google and just wanted to find some people to talk to. My dad died this July (16th) aged 53 and I was 22. He died of a heart attack really suddenly with no warning. I was away for the weekend before it happened on the Tuesday morning and the police and my mum came and met me off the train to tell me. I just feel like its not real and that I'm living in a nightmare that I will eventually wake up from but every time I think about the fact that I won't be able to wake up it just hits my even harder. I'm an only child and my parents had been together since they were 16 so I feel like its so much harder for my mum so I can't be sad around her. I also feel like that a lot of my friends can't understand this situation because its not meant to happen at this age. I just feel really lost and alone. How do you cope with this feeling? I just feel overwhelmed all the time, and especially with Christmas coming I feel like all I see is adverts about Dads and I just miss mine so much.

• Members
littlesunshine87

Im sorry for your loss. Im 26 and just lost my dad on the 27th of november,he was only 56. I can relate of exactly what you are feeling,i feel just as lost and lonely. I watched my dad in hospital for 13 weeks deteriorate and get worse till i was with him at the end when he took his last breath. Its still sinking in that i will never see him again,in this life. I was always a daddys girl and always will be. Take care of yourself xx

Archived