Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a Friend

losthope

• Members

dear ash,

hi i'm sophie, i lost my best friend from age five a few months ago, i never got over it and i never will. I'm sure you feel like all you want to do is be with him, i know thats how i felt. Well a good friend of mine told me that you don't ever get over these situations, all you can really do is live your life, just like your friend would of wanted you too. I still feel as if my best friend died a few days ago, but when i become sad what helps me cope is listening to the fun, happy music that we both loved and danced to, or i look at old pictures and always keep in mind that she is here watching over me, and one day ill see her again. I pray that you get through this tough time, and i know nothing i say will really help 100% but i know what your going through, and theres really no certain way you can cope, eeveryone has there own ways. I hope i helped you and if not im sorry<3

love,

sophie

p.s. im sooooo sorry about your lose

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hello -

I am posting Kelly's original post from the home page of www.beyondindigo.com/forums under the "Please Tell Us" thread "Beyond Indigo Reunion."  I thought that many of you might not have seen it there.  If you are interested in atteding a Beyond Indigo Reunion - or would like to help us in the planning stages...please post on that thread.

Thanks!

Dawn

Beyond Indigo

Hello all,

We are thinking about hosting a Beyond Indigo Reunion in Peoria, ILL next spring. It would allow people to meet other Beyond Indigo members in person. Could you please let us know if this would be something that would interest you? We would have social events by type of loss (child, parent, spouse etc). If this is of interest for people we would also be looking for "hosts" for each type of loss to plan events for that loss group. Please chime in!

Thanks

Kelly

Kelly Baltzell

President

Beyond Indigo

• Administrators

[align=center]SAVE THE DATE!![/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center] [/align] [align=center] We are excited to meet you!! Come join us at the Beyond Indigo Reunion!![/align]  When: August 14th through the 16th,   2009. We suggest you arrive the night of the 13th.

Where: Minneapolis, MN

For Who?: All Beyond Indigo members and people healing from grief and dying journeys. This means YOU! If you know someone who is not a member invite them along!

We will be having speakers, social networking, opportunities to remember our loved ones and just a plain good time.

More details (schedule, pictures of the location etc) will follow in the next 7 to 14 days.

We need at least 25 people to make this event possible. We hope to see as many of you who can make it!!!

Have questions? Please post in the Beyond Indigo Reunion Forum at  http://beyondindigo.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=83

Kelly Baltzell, MA

President

Beyond Indigo

• Administrators

Guess who is traveling the farthest to our reunion?

It's Trudi.

Trudi is traveling all the way from Australia to Minneapolis, MN for our Beyond Indigo reunion in August!

If Trudi can make it, so can you! 

Come check our reunion page: http://www.beyondindigo.com/reunion/

Hope to see you there!

• Administrators

The family and friends of Beyond Indigo would like let everyone know that Dawn Fisher (moderator of the Beyond Indigo message boards) lost her husband on Wednesday morning.  JD's death was an unexpected complication of surgery to remove a tumor.  Our most heartfelt condolences go out to Dawn and her children.  We know that there is no better place for Dawn to receive support than through these boards.

The online obituary for JD is here: http://fisherfamilyfuneralhomes.com/obits/obituaries.php/obitID/307941

If you'd like to send her condolences, you could send her a private message on the boards, visit the above obituary and sign the guest book (starting on Friday) or send materials to

Fisher Funeral Chapel & Cremation Services

1801 Chase Road

Logansport, IN 46947

• Administrators

Hi all,

We are getting down to five weeks to find out if we can hold the reunion or not. Could you please let us know if you will be attending and register online? We need 25 people total. This is an amazing opportunity to make something special happen. Just click the big banner at the top that says REUNION and follow the steps.

Love to hear from you.

Kelly

• Members

Hi, sorry to jump in here, but I lost a friend just over 2 weeks ago, but I actually got told of his death last week, about 6 days ago.  He had problems and I wish I was there for him more, I wish I'd have listened to him when he wasn't well.

When I first heard of his death I had a panic attack (I was dealing with other previous things before that were also stressing me out, and I think this was maybe the last straw, hence the panic attack), I went from the housing office where I found out about his death, to another friend's house, I was crying, shaking, almost being sick, I felt like I was going to faint.  I wasn't even related to him and yet I reacted this way.   But I suppose it was my body's way of telling me to rest.

I miss him, I keep looking at the flat (apartment) where he used to live.  He wasn't too good the last time I saw him, he looked troubled and I wish I'd have listened to him more.  I can't believe he's gone, it's so weird.  I was hoping he'd get more help with his problems, he did at one point then I think he stopped.  His brother died last year and I think he sort of went downhill, on and off from there.  But that last time I saw him, he wasn't well.  At least he's out of pain and suffering and reunited with his brother in heaven.  I miss him though. Just have to plod on...I want to do things in his memory, like the things we used to do as friends, like shopping or just talking etc.

Sue

• Administrators

Hello!

Could you take a moment out of your days and elect Beyond Indigo for the spotlight program for American Express? You have to register but then you can vote for us. We need 50 nominations by tomorrow night Midnight!! If we win then we receive 100,000 dollars which I want to put towards a site administrator for this website. Can you please help and pass the word to the others?

Just go to http://shinealight.ivillage.com/, click nominees and type in Beyond Indigo and our name will pop up. The direct link to the page is here at

http://shinealight.ivillage.com/nominees/?PerPage=10&Order=&x=0&y=0&Search=Beyond+Indigo.

Let's shoot for 50 plus nominees by tomorrow night! Thank you for your help.

Kelly Baltzell

Founder

Beyond Indigo

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.- Facebook and Twitter Integration- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it. - Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible. 

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other. 

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

Archived