Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ericafara

• Members

A lovely new friend of mine called Deborah recently commented that she was extremely afraid that as time goes on she will forget or not be able to remember the sound of the voice of her son in spirit. She said she cries just thinking about it.

I completely understand this and have felt the same way. But I have learnt that this kind of thinking is just a worry that is caused by a feeling of disconnection. It is a fear and only a fear. Nothing is ever lost. All our memories are imprinted in our souls, eternally.

I remember standing in my kitchen not long after Lily had died and I too had been worrying about losing memories of her. Then out of the blue, I felt her with me. I stood there holding on to both the tea towel and to the feeling that surrounded me. It was my daughter. And in that moment I realised that if you stay present and open, easier said than done – but possible, then you don’t need to “remember” them. They will just “be” there with you. All at once who they are, their essence, their beingness will surround you and everything will come flooding back.

I do not believe that we need to hold on tight to the memories of our loved ones; I believe we need to take the time to breathe, to relax, to sit and wait for them to come along and sit beside us. I believe we can wait in that stillness until we feel a familiar presence with us. We can “zone out” with them, tuning into them like we would a radio station that we wanted to listen to, delicately turning our attention to the frequency of them or if that is too hard, tuning into the frequency of our love for them. Sitting and contemplating how much we love them actually connects us with them. Sitting there basking in that love we receive inspired messages from them. Sitting there basking in that love we receive inspired memories of our togetherness that they particularly want to enjoy with us. And they will sit with us until we remember. Lots of love. xx

post-348134-0-83460500-1385241214_thumb.

• Members

Thank you. That helped. I was feeling so sad tonight and reading your posting was the gentle reminder I needed tonight. I miss my Amy so much. It's only been three and a half months but it's been torture living without her.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

I do believe that is one of them most spirit filled...comfort infused...knowing...messages I have ever read...if you could please post that on the site of 'Loss of Adult Child' it would give so many a lift in their downfall in grief....and balm for their shattered hearts.

Thank you and Bless you....

As we know....when we say 'child' that has nothing to do with chronological age....for they are our child if they are ..unborn...still born...2 months...2 years...16....18....25....32....or 42.....

• Members

So beautiful - thank you - xoxoxo

A lovely new friend of mine called Deborah recently commented that she was extremely afraid that as time goes on she will forget or not be able to remember the sound of the voice of her son in spirit. She said she cries just thinking about it.

I completely understand this and have felt the same way. But I have learnt that this kind of thinking is just a worry that is caused by a feeling of disconnection. It is a fear and only a fear. Nothing is ever lost. All our memories are imprinted in our souls, eternally.

I remember standing in my kitchen not long after Lily had died and I too had been worrying about losing memories of her. Then out of the blue, I felt her with me. I stood there holding on to both the tea towel and to the feeling that surrounded me. It was my daughter. And in that moment I realised that if you stay present and open, easier said than done – but possible, then you don’t need to “remember” them. They will just “be” there with you. All at once who they are, their essence, their beingness will surround you and everything will come flooding back.

I do not believe that we need to hold on tight to the memories of our loved ones; I believe we need to take the time to breathe, to relax, to sit and wait for them to come along and sit beside us. I believe we can wait in that stillness until we feel a familiar presence with us. We can “zone out” with them, tuning into them like we would a radio station that we wanted to listen to, delicately turning our attention to the frequency of them or if that is too hard, tuning into the frequency of our love for them. Sitting and contemplating how much we love them actually connects us with them. Sitting there basking in that love we receive inspired messages from them. Sitting there basking in that love we receive inspired memories of our togetherness that they particularly want to enjoy with us. And they will sit with us until we remember. Lots of love. xx

• Members

Thank you so much for your comments. Yes, I will share on the other page. I am actually having a book launch that ends today. If anyone would like an uplifting read to help you through your grief, please check it out. It is officially a best selling ebook on amazon. Much love

http://www.amazon.com/Soothe-your-soul-grief-inspiration-ebook/dp/B00GG630KE

• Members

Hayley...

Your beautiful boy will never slip away. He is with you all the time...just like I know my son is with me as well. Sometimes life just allows us to get away from the pain a little and that's ok. Everything about him is in your heart and the good memories will always be there for you when you need them.

I see that you are from Blackduck. I grew up in Littlefork. We are in this place for reasons we will never understand, but I will be here for you to listen and let you know you're not alone.

Prayers and thoughts flowing your way...Wade

Archived