Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

dads suicide

dannyelle85

• Members

my dad committed suicide in febuary this year and im havng a really tough time with it,

i guess ive walked arund in shock for the last 9 months but boy has it hit me now!!

i dont have any family really my mum was never maternal and dont have a relationship with her and the rest of the family dont really spk to each other anymore its drove us all apart!

me and my partner are having a relationship breakdown at the minate, prob coz he cnt cope with my errational behaviour, he doesnt understand i think he thinks its been 9 months get over it,

i have 3 children and if it wernt for them id be in bed all day everday, i hate waking up in the morning thinking i have to go through another day of feeling like this, i cnt sleep i have nightmares

how the hell do you try to deal with all this because my heads gonna explode

• Members

Dannyelle, I am so very sorry about the loss of your father. Nine months is certainly not enough time at all to properly grieve the loss of your father. Perhaps a trip to the library or bookstore to find a book on loss, or a Google search for some literature on grieving may help your partner to understand the healing process for a profound loss can take years. For now, you can join a self help group for loss (try asking at a local funeral home or Hospice center for one in your area), seek some professional counseling, start journaling your feelings (very, very helpful), and continue to talk about them with us. I am going to move your post to the Loss of a Parent forum (just scroll down the page), so others who have lost their parents can help offer you support and encouragement. We can be here for you --ModKonnie

Archived