Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Looking to connect with people who understand my loss

bethscholz31

• Members
bethscholz31

I am looking to connect with others who know the pain of losing a brother or sister.I lost my older brother almost 4 years ago and the pain has never gone away.If you want to chat with me drop me a line.

• Members
DawnFisher

Dear Beth,

You will get a better reply by posting your letter in the thread "Loss of a Sibling" and joining in on that conversation rather than starting a new thread.  The regular users are very faithful in reading/posting on threads that are already established and have a base of participants.  So look for the topics that have several people posting and you will find several people who have lost siblings - they will welcome you to the group! 

I took down the other post you put up yesterday because it directed people out of our site.  I also could not get the link to work.

I'm sorry you've lost your brother - but I'm glad you've found Beyond Indigo.  None of us ever wanted to "qualify for membership" to this forum - but we are so thankful for the friendships and support found here.

Take care,

Dawn

Beyond Indigo

• Members

hello beth my name is katie may i live ky  i just happen to c what u wrote and i know what u are going throgh. i lost a sister may7,2007 just a year ago  and i have often wonder if the pain goes away.ells me that time will mend the heart. i know its not been that long for me. my sister was 40 yrs old , how old was your brother  if u would like to write me back that would be great  again sorry for your lost   katie may

• Members
jackiewitter

Hi Katy & Beth

I have not been on in a few days, but ran across this and wanted to share with you and let you both know that I am here if either of you wish to contact me.  If you are not comfortable with putting everything on a thread here then you may contact me either by email (it's in my profile) or you can send private messages from this site as well. 

It has been almost 2 years since I lost my brother suddenly, after reading about both or your losses it seems that I can relate to both of you, in the age of my brother (43) as well as his behavior.

I wish you both well and Beth, while it saddens me to know that 4 years later you do not feel much more peace, I am not surprised, I guess I really didn't expect the paing would get any better...just perhaps not as often.   

Prayers to you both, peace & blessings,

Jackie

Archived