Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Hallowed ground

angelgirl63

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Guess who is traveling the farthest to our reunion?

It's Trudi.

Trudi is traveling all the way from Australia to Minneapolis, MN for our Beyond Indigo reunion in August!

If Trudi can make it, so can you! 

Come check our reunion page: http://www.beyondindigo.com/reunion/

Hope to see you there!

• Administrators

The family and friends of Beyond Indigo would like let everyone know that Dawn Fisher (moderator of the Beyond Indigo message boards) lost her husband on Wednesday morning.  JD's death was an unexpected complication of surgery to remove a tumor.  Our most heartfelt condolences go out to Dawn and her children.  We know that there is no better place for Dawn to receive support than through these boards.

The online obituary for JD is here: http://fisherfamilyfuneralhomes.com/obits/obituaries.php/obitID/307941

If you'd like to send her condolences, you could send her a private message on the boards, visit the above obituary and sign the guest book (starting on Friday) or send materials to

Fisher Funeral Chapel & Cremation Services

1801 Chase Road

Logansport, IN 46947

• Members

The work of Easter is to affirm in the face of death, grief, sadness and isolation the power of love to heal us. Alleluia, Amen and blessed be.-unknown

Easter moments-when the hope in our hearts is resurrected out of our tears and despair-unknown

May you have joy this Easter, a joy born of a life well-lived. May you love stronger than death bringing healing and new growth into your life where it is dark.-var. Judy Mannheim

• Members
angelgirl63

220px-Sassoferrato_-_Jungfrun_i_b%C3%B6n.jpg 

"Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again"              

resurrection-of-christ1.jpg

• Administrators

Hi all,

We are getting down to five weeks to find out if we can hold the reunion or not. Could you please let us know if you will be attending and register online? We need 25 people total. This is an amazing opportunity to make something special happen. Just click the big banner at the top that says REUNION and follow the steps.

Love to hear from you.

Kelly

• Members
angelgirl63

840b9f7e981c8096

Prayer against Depression - by Saint Ignatius of Loyola

O Christ Jesus,

when all is darkness

and we feel our weakness and helplessness,

give us the sense of Your presence,

Your love, and Your strength.

Help us to have perfect trust

in Your protecting love

and strengthening power,

so that nothing may frighten or worry us,

for, living close to You,

we shall see Your hand,

Your purpose, Your will through all things.

By Saint Ignatius of Loyola

• Members

Caitsmom, I dont know what to say, the threads are all started by someone just like you and me, Moms who have lost their dear children, no one has chosen to start a thread about any other religion.... yet.  I post on "Loss of and Adult Child' although my daughter was only 17 when she died, there are no rules about where to post, perhaps you would feel more comfortable posting on a thread that does not discuss religion at all and leans more towards discussing our losses, our accomplishments, and just plain sharing our children with each other.  Just a thought.

Hugs, Marcia    Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members

Thanks, I deleted my post. There's a problem with my browser or something. I wrote that post in response to a message that seemed to engage another parent in "proving" her religion wrong. And that upsets me. I had trouble posting, so I went "back" and then I was able to read the current thread. So, my response must have been to a very old post. Don't know. That's it.

Peace,

Caitsmom

• Members

Caitsmom, sorry......thanks for clarifying, I posted to your post and then yours was gone... I thought I was loosing my mind, you seemed genuienly upset... then once i posted ---------- your 'upset' post was gone..   :?

• Members
angelgirl63

Prayer to St. Anthony for Emotional Healing

St. Anthony, dear friend and heavenly guide, be present to me now, and let me know your compassion. Pray to our dear Lord for me, that I may experience calmness and peace in my emotions.

Help me to grow in faith and hope. Protect me from all that displeases God, and obtain for me serenity of mind and spirit.

I place my confidence in you, St. Anthony, and I pray for mercy, grace and God's gentle goodness. Amen.

Dearest Aurora, I thought of you when I found the prayer of St. Ignatius. I'm glad it came at a much needed time for you. Be comforted in knowing that we have many friends in Heaven holding us up in prayer.

Pax Christi

• Members

Angelgirl, thank you also for St. Anthony's prayer. It too was very comforting. I'm glad to see you are back and were not chased away. A

• Members

There is something I would like to say. Catholics are Christians too. At this time our grief should be bringing us together and it should not be fractionated by other viewpoints. We are all grieving and hurting. The main point is that this forum is to support and hold hands with others in grief, not dispute religious differences.

• Members

Lord, thank you for all the guides and teachers you have put into my life. Help me to be wise enough to learn. Amen

Lord, please help me remember all the ways R impacted my life. Help me realize how his life impacted this world. Help me know that he lives on forever in spirit. Amen

Indian serenity prayer

God grant me the strength of eagle wings, the faith and courage to fly to new heights, and the wisdom to rely on His spirit to carry me there.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Aurora, The only dispute of recent months here was having to do with posts made on this particular faith-based thread that seemed coincidentally to be dated and referenced in direct negative and derogatory response to what someone else posted on another thread (which had NOTHING to do with religion whatsoever.) For example, a mom on another thread was sharing about a tattoo she was thinking of getting or had gotten. The next post here was a set of scripture along with some quite negative and judgmental personal commentary about tattoos. THAT, in my humble opinion, is the kind of activity on this web site that is totally unnecessary and demeaning. This, I believe, is the exact thing that recent commentary on this thread was pointing to...not that "Catholics" are right or wrong about anything. In fact, the demeaning post to which I am referring was deleted by the BI staff, which makes a black hole in the conversation that certainly can create some confusion as to what took place.

Sorry that something of this nature caused you pain or discomfort in thinking that your faith was being attacked. No one visiting BI needs that, nor do they need to be stalked and judged for what they share---which was the point of what was posted here earlier on. No one wants to find that what they are sharing elsewhere on another thread earnestly from their heart is being mocked and/or attacked on another thread, regardless of what religion it encompasses.

I hope you sincerely know that you and your faith are respected by all here, regardless of what you believe or don't believe. Faith is never the problem...........

Blessings and much HOPE for the journey through the wilderness of grief and loss, and may the peace of the Lord fill your lamp with oil along the way...

Love, Claudia

• Members
angelgirl63

Thank you for visiting this thread, Claudia.  I don't really post that much anymore but I'm still here, from time to time. Since the specific topic about tattoos has been broached by you again - allow me to add that I was quite saddened and surprised when such offense was taken by some, yourself included, when I tried to offer another grieving mother a biblical verse, while she was deciding whether she should or shouldn't get a tattoo 'memorializing'  her daughter.  I thought that if she was anything like I am, it wouldn't matter what mere Men thought about the subject, but what God thought and that simply sharing a relevant verse from Holy Scripture could be helpful  - assuming she would even read this thread. 

As you have already stated, administration deleted the scriptural verse I posted, per your request.  The post I wrote, though, can still be read in its entirety in your own cut and paste of it, before it was deleted. It bears witness that I only shared a simple verse regarding tattoos for our dearly departed, nothing less, nothing more.  Certainly nothing negative or judgmental, like you claim that it did. It was just a verse from the Holy Bible.

I'm sorry if this scriptural verse struck a bad chord with you or anyone else. Again, my intention was merely to help another grieving mother, like a friend helped  me, with this exact verse. Personally interpretting my intention as anything else, couldn't be further from the Truth.  

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Let's all take a deep breath now and try to recall a happy memory.  My wish is that it carries everyone throughout their day.

Pax Christi

• Members
angelgirl63

Dearest Aurora,  I will remember you in my prayers tonight, like I have on so many nights when I read your posts! xoxoxo!

• Members

The Presence of the Light-A.S. Kline

For the presence of light,for its' place in your life,for love, for gratitude,in the name of the word. Say to me all of it,all of the pain that comes if I speak to you in the name of the word. In the time, in the truth,in the spaces of light, for courage, for pity,the name of the word. For the power that flows, for the moment that dies to become the new moment, the name of the word. Loving is loving, and kind is kind, no violence,no object, but you, in the name of the word. For the beauty of light, for its' presence in your life, for pure empathy's flight, in the name of the word.

Celtic blessing-Deep peace of the running wave to you~~Deep peace of the flowing air to you~~Deep peace of the quiet earth to you~~Deep peace of the gentle night to you~~Moon and stars pour their healing light on you~~Deep peace of the Light of the World to you, today, tonight and forever. Amen

The thought God holds of you is like a star, I keep in my heart the love of the past For there it was planted forever to last-unknown

• Members

For the presence of light, for its' place in your life, for love, for gratitude, in the name of the word. Say to me all of it, all of the pain that comes if I speak to you in the name of the word. In the time, in the truth, in the spaces of light, for courage, for pity,the name of the word. For the power that flows, for the moment that dies to become the new moment, the name of the word. Loving is loving, and kind is kind, no violence,no object, but you, in the name of the word. For the beauty of light, for its' presence in your life, for pure empathy's flight, in the name of the word.

Celtic blessing-Deep peace of the running waves to you~~Deep peace of the flowing air to you~~Deep peace of the quiet earth to you~~Deep peace of the gentle night to you~~Moon and stars pour their healing light on you~~Deep peace of the Light of the World to you, today, tonight and forever. Amen

The thought God holds of you is like a star, I keep in my heart the love of the past For there it was planted forever to last-unknown

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

Let me do my work each day; and if darkened hours of despair overcome me, may I not forget the strength that comforted me in the desolation of other times. May I still remember the bright hours that found me walking over the silent hills of my childhood, or dreaming on the margin of the quiet river, when a light glowed within me, and I promised my early God to have courage amid the tempests of the changing years. Spare me from bitterness and from the sharp passions of unguarded moments. May I not forget that poverty and riches are of the spirit. Though the world knows me not, may my thoughts and actions be such as shall keep me friendly with myself. Lift my eyes from the earth, and let me not forget the uses of the stars. Forbid that I should judge others, lest I condemn myself. Let me not follow the clamor of the world, but walk calmly in my path. Give me a few friends who will love me for what I am; and keep ever burning before my vagrant steps the kindly light of hope. And though age and infirmity overtake me, and I come not within sight of the castle of my dreams, teach me still to be thankful for life, and for times' olden memories that are good and sweet; and may the evenings' twilight find me gentle still.

• Members

For the presence of light, for its' place in your life, for love, for gratitude, in the name of the word. Say to me all of it, all of the pain that comes if I speak to you in the name of the word. In the time, in the truth, in the spaces of light, for courage, for pity,the name of the word. For the power that flows, for the moment that dies to become the new moment, the name of the word. Loving is loving, and kind is kind, no violence,no object, but you, in the name of the word. For the beauty of light, for its' presence in your life, for pure empathy's flight, in the name of the word.

Celtic blessing-Deep peace of the running waves to you~~Deep peace of the flowing air to you~~Deep peace of the quiet earth to you~~Deep peace of the gentle night to you~~Moon and stars pour their healing light on you~~Deep peace of the Light of the World to you, today, tonight and forever. Amen

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

Let me do my work each day; and if darkened hours of despair overcome me, may I not forget the strength that comforted me in the desolation of other times. May I still remember the bright hours that found me walking over the silent hills of my childhood, or dreaming on the margin of the quiet river, when a light glowed within me, and I promised my early God to have courage amid the tempests of the changing years. Spare me from bitterness and from the sharp passions of unguarded moments. May I not forget that poverty and riches are of the spirit. Though the world knows me not, may my thoughts and actions be such as shall keep me friendly with myself. Lift my eyes from the earth, and let me not forget the uses of the stars. Forbid that I should judge others, lest I condemn myself. Let me not follow the clamor of the world, but walk calmly in my path. Give me a few friends who will love me for what I am; and keep ever burning before my vagrant steps the kindly light of hope. And though age and infirmity overtake me, and I come not within sight of the castle of my dreams, teach me still to be thankful for life, and for times' olden memories that are good and sweet; and may the evenings' twilight find me gentle still.

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members

The Prayer-Max Ehrman

• Members
angelgirl63

image.img?stage.width.max=412&picture.width.max=412&picture.image.url=%2Ffiles%2F1947062%2Fuploaded%2FMT302.jpg&border.stroke.color=999999&pid=1244649834257

"When we fly away on Angel wings,

we continue to live beyond the dawn,

and in the hearts of those that love us."

• Members

The statue is absolutely beautiful, can you tell us what the writing says?

Marcia      Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members

A four-year-old child, whose next door

neighbor was an elderly gentleman, had recently lost his

wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old

Gentleman's' yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his mother asked him what he had

said to the neighbor, the little boy just said, 'Nothing, I just

Helped him cry.'

• Members

[user=18929]angelgirl63[/user] wrote:

A four-year-old child, whose next door

neighbor was an elderly gentleman, had recently lost his

wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old

Gentleman's' yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his mother asked him what he had

said to the neighbor, the little boy just said, 'Nothing, I just

Helped him cry.'

Angel girl, that is so sweet! Thanks for putting it on the forum.

• Members

Failure to respond to My love causes depression of spirit. No soul is strong enough to survive the struggles of life triumphantly without divine aid. It is My strength imparted to the weak which causes him to rise up and walk in strength. It is My joy filling the broken heart that gives a song to displace mourning-from "Make Haste, My Beloved"-Frances J. Roberts

A Prayer of Hope

I place my faith in the hands of God,Deliver, I ask him in silent prayer, a miracle.

Archived