• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saint_Augustine_of_Hippo.jpg

August 28th

Feast Day of Saint Augustine

Prayers of Saint Augustine:

God of life, there are days when the burdens we carry chafe our shoulders and wear us down; when the road seems dreary and endless, the skies gray and threatening; when our lives have no music in them and our hearts are lonely, and our souls have lost their courage. Flood the path with light, we beseech you; turn our eyes to where the skies are full of promise.

"Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or

weep tonight, and give your angels charge over

those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.

Rest your weary ones.

Bless your dying ones.

Soothe your suffering ones.

Pity your afflicted ones.

Shield your joyous ones.

And for all your love's sake.  Amen."

• Members

2411427518_ce2f6dbb82.jpg?v=0

Basilica of Saint Paul - Rome, Italy

Saint Paul speaks to the Galatians, who were his converts and believers in Christ, in Chapter 5:

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

(From King James Bible)

We should all take the time to warn our children, family, and friends that to die in these mortal sins, unrepentent, is an eternal death sentence.  As unpopular as it might make us, God WANTS us to witness this Christian doctrine, to our Brothers and Sisters in Christ, just as Saint Paul did. Our children need to know the dangers and consequences of these sins in this life AND what can happen in the next ~ it just may save their lives on this Earth and souls in the next. 

When Our Lord cured the paralytic at the miraculous pool of Bethsaida, He said "Arise, take up thy bed and walk" (John 5:8), adding, "Behold thou art made whole: sin no more, lest some worse thing happen to thee" (John 5:14).

• Members

Road_to_Emmaus.jpg

Road to Emmaus

Saint Luke: Chapter 9

56 The Son of man came not to destroy souls, but to save. And they went into another town. 57 And it came to pass, as they walked in the way, that a certain man said to him: I will follow thee withersoever thou goest. 58 Jesus said to him: The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. 59 But he said to another: Follow me. And he said: Lord, suffer me first to go, and to bury my father. 60 And Jesus said to him: Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou, and preach the kingdom of God.

61 And another said: I will follow thee, Lord; but let me first take my leave of them that are at my house. 62 Jesus said to him: No man putting his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Douay-Rheims Bible - http://www.drbo.org/index.htm

How tragic it is for those of us who become spiritually dead or lukewarm (Rev 3:16).  Doubting His word, or believing with doubt and hesitating, is an insult to God.  We must, therefore, believe without doubting, without hesitating.  It's important to pray to the Holy Spirit to keep our Faith strong and unwavering, during our time of grief.

• Members

NEVER FORGET ~ SEPTEMBER 11, 2001

A mother asked this President...        'Why did my son have to die in Iraq ?'

A mother asked this President..         'Why did my son have to die in Saudi Arabia ?'

A mother asked this President...         'Why did my son have to die in Kuwait ?'

Another mother asked this President...        'Why did my son have to die in Vietnam ?'

Another mother asked this President...       'Why did my son have to die in Korea ?'

Another mother asked this President...     'Why did my son have to die on Iwo Jima ?'

Another mother asked President...     'Why did my son have to die on a battlefield in France ?'

Yet another mother asked President...       'Why did my son have to die at Gettysburg ?'

And yet another mother asked President...     'Why did my son have to die on a frozen field near Valley Forge ?'

Then long, long ago, a mother asked..

'Heavenly Father .. why did my Son have to die on a cross outside of Jerusalem ?'

The answer is always the same...  'So that others may live and dwell in peace, happiness, and freedom.'

This was emailed to me with no author.  I thought the magnitude and the simplicity were awesome.

If you are not willing to stand BEHIND our troops,

Please, please feel free to stand in front of them....

• Members

teresaofavilaintercedingforthesoulsinpurgatory.jpg

[align=center]II Maccabees 12:43-46: "And making a gathering, he [Judas] sent twelve thousand drachms of silver to Jerusalem for sacrifice to be offered for the sins of the dead, thinking well and religiously concerning the resurrection, (For if he had not hoped that they that were slain should rise again, it would have seemed superfluous and vain to pray for the dead,) And because he considered that they who had fallen asleep with godliness, had great grace laid up for them. It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins." [/align]

[align=center]St. Paul exhorts "if we sin deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful prospect of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries of God." (Romans 6:23)

Please remember to pray for our faithfully departed souls in Purgatory. Pray that your Faith remains strong and unwavering, during our grief. Try not to be misled from God's Truth by adversaries in ministries that mock the Church, which is the pinnacle and foundation of the truth (1 Tim. 3:15) and diminish our Catholic Faith, out of ignorance. [/align]

[align=center]2 Corinthians 11:13-15 ~  "For such false apostles are deceitful workmen, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no wonder: for Satan himself transformeth himself into an angel of light.  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers be transformed as the ministers of justice, whose end shall be according to their works."  

[/align]

• Members

Angelgirl63,

Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? I hope you are continuing to find peace and strenght our your journey of grief.

Sonya (Danielle's Mom)

• Members

The light of God surrounds the departed. The love of God enfolds them. The power of God protects them. The presence of God watches over them. Wherever God is, they are.

• Members

[align=center]purgatory9.jpg[/align]

The Souls in Purgatory are the souls of those who died in the state of grace (i.e. as God's friends, who have departed Faithfully from this world), but who are not yet cleansed enough from sin to enter Heaven. When we are sorry for our sins and confess them, God joyfully forgives us. However, each sin wounds our soul, and the damage remains even after it is forgiven. Souls who neglect to repair this spiritual damage, by doing penance, are not ready for Heaven when they die, even if they don't deserve to go to hell. So God in His mercy allows them to spend time suffering in Purgatory, in atonement for their sins before entering Heaven. The Souls in Purgatory are part of the Communion of Saints (they are sometimes referred to as "The Church Suffering"), and we have the obligation as Catholics to pray for their speedy release from Purgatory.

So Purgatory is a state of purification, where the soul can be cleansed of all the sins and damage from sin which hinder it from reaching Heaven. The fact that Purgatory exists is a proof of God's overwhelming mercy. Souls who die without having taken care to properly prepare their souls for Heaven, would actually prefer to suffer in Purgatory rather than have to enter the presence of God and stand among the glorious saints and angels, stained with even the slightest speck of sin!

Imagine if you were invited to a party, and when you arrived, having not bothered to shower and change from your old clothes, you discovered that the room was full of glittering, gorgeously dressed kings and queens! Imagine how ashamed you would feel, and how glad you would be if someone took you aside and showed you a room where you could get suitably washed and dressed.

However, Purgatory is a place of suffering, as the saints saw, when Souls in Purgatory appeared to them wrapped in flames and begging for prayers. We know, of course, that souls are not material, so the vision of fire is certainly only a symbol of sufferings which we don't understand. Part of the suffering of Purgatory, of course, is that the souls there can't see God, and they long with all their hearts to be with Him. Perhaps another part of the suffering is seeing the awful damage which your sins have caused to others - following the results of your sinful actions as they continue to affect people centuries later. Who knows? (Just picture how horrible it would be to have to listen to ALL of the conversations you ever had during your whole life, only now intensely aware of every unkind, idle, foolish, or unchaste word, and seeing the effect of those conversations on the souls around you!)

From:  http://users.bigpond.net.au/ecclesia/introduction.htm

[align=center] [/align]

• Members

Hi, Sonya!

I read how you memorialized Danielle's birth day in such a bitter, sweet way.  As a grieving mother, I feel so much compassion for you  ~ especially since your broken heart is a little fresher than mine... 

I often find myself contemplating the fact that all of us on here have at least one common thread. We have loved ones ~  children, spouses, family members or friends ~ that have crossed over into eternity and have had their particular judgment before the Lord. Who were the Faithfully departed that were in the minority that went directly to Heaven? Who are the ones awaiting to see the Beatific Vision in Purgatory and relying on our prayers? Who are in the undeniable majority that went to Hell?  What would they share with us, if given the chance to cross over the chasm that separates us?   Would all their advice to us be the same ~ like taking Saint Paul's exhortations more seriously and not watering it down, like so many do?  Sadly, I believe that Saint Paul was right.  "... the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine but, following their own desires and insatiable curiosity, will accu m ulate teachers and will stop listening to the truth and will be diverted to myths." (2 Timothy 4:3-4) 

I will pray for Danielle's soul... just in case... it is my gift to her.

• Members

SEVEN GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Wisdom, Understanding, Counsel, Knowledge, Piety, Fear of the Lord, and Fortitude  

Isaiah 11:1-3

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

Let us teach our children well and give them the strong foundation they will need to exercise their Free Will piously and wisely.  Once our 'babies' reach the age of reason,  they are personally culpable for their own actions before the Judgment Seat of God.  If we have taught them well and led by example, may our consciences be clear. I pray for all of us who torment ourselves over our children's judgment.

The Seven Deadly Sins

We should not be satisfied merely to keep the commandments of God, but should always be ready to do good deeds, even when they are not commanded. The commandments of God state the minimum requirements for salvation. They should be kept not merely according to the letter, but also according to the spirit, which obliges us to strive for greater perfection.

Actual sin is any willful thought, desire, word, action or ommission forbidden by the law of God.

1. PRIDE: Unrestrained appreciation of our own worth.
  2. GREED: Immoderate desire for earthly goods.
  3. LUST: Hankering for impure pleasures, including immodesty.
  4. ANGER: Inordinate desire for revenge.
  5. GLUTTONY: Unrestrained use of food and drink.
  6. ENVY: Sorrow over another's good fortune.
  7. SLOTH: Laxity in keeping the Faith and the practice of virtue, due to the effort involved.

THE FOUR SINS CRYING TO HEAVEN FOR VENGEANCE

1. Willful murder (including abortion)
  2. The sin of Sodom. (homosexuality)
  3. Oppression of the poor.
  4. Defrauding laborers of their wages.

THE SIX SINS AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT

1. Despair i.e. to not believe in Hope, which can lead to suicide, as Judas did 
  2. Presumption i.e. a badly regulated reliance on God's mercy and hope for salvation
  3. Impenitence i.e. not feeling regret about one's sin or sins
  4. Obstinacy i.e. unwillingness to seek God
  5. Resisting the known Truth
  6. Envy of another's spiritual welfare  

NINE WAYS OF BEING ACCESSORY TO ANOTHER'S SIN

1. By counsel.
  2. By command.
  3. By consent.
  4. By provocation.
  5. By praise or flattery.
  6. By concealment.
  7. By partaking.
  8. By silence.
  9. By defense of the ill done

1 John 1:8-10 

8 If we say,"We are without sin,"we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we acknowledge our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from every wrongdoing.

10 If we say,"We have not sinned,"we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

*NAB commentary - [8-10] Denial of the condition of sin is self-deception and even contradictory of divine revelation; there is also the continual possibility of sin's recurrence. Forgiveness and deliverance from sin through Christ are assured through acknowledgment of them and repentance.

http://www.saintaquinas.com/mortal_sin.html

• Members

2465257321_8912ce1836.jpg?v=1209942890

The Divine Mercy of Christ

http://www.fisheaters.com/divinemercy.html  for this novena prayer

In 1935, the humble polish nun, Sister Faustina received the following interlocution from Christ:

"Say unceasingly this chaplet that I have taught you. Anyone who

says it will receive great Mercy at the hour of death. Priests

will recommend it to sinners as the last hope. Even the most

hardened sinner, if he recites this Chaplet even once, will

receive grace from My Infinite Mercy. I want the whole world to

know My Infinite Mercy. I want to give unimaginable graces to

those who trust in My Mercy...."

"....When they say this Chaplet in the presence of the dying, I

will stand between My Father and the dying person not as the just

judge but as the Merciful Savior".

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/justification.html

• Members
4everjoeysmom

I'm sorry for intruding for a sec, but we were just discussing Justification on another thread. It seems this is not the first time you have made posts directly in response to our discussion points. It seems very antagonistic. I don't mean to be intrusive or rude, but just wonder what is your motive? You certainly believe what you post. But is it supposed to be in direct response to another thread? Or is it supposed to comfort someone else within a discussion you are having? It routinely seems that your posts come against a specific thread, and in that I cannot find the spirit of BI. I notice you have never really shared your story... I'm sure others would like to reciprocate with comforting words and faith-filled encouragements. I am praying that this is a misunderstanding.. Thank you, Claudia

• Members

I offer an olive branch.  I pray for all misunderstandings and divisions to be healed. I'm sorry, too.

Divisions and schisms have always saddened and frustrated me, no matter what the case. I was moved to edit this post, again, after reading my morning devotional. Please allow me to share the Bible verse with you:

1 Corinthians 1:10 ~ I urge you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and in the same purpose.

I'm going to follow the lead of Terry/lovekristy4ever. Living up to our purposes as wives and mothers is challenging enough. May every act we take be an act of love. (1 Corin 16:14) 

• Members
4everjoeysmom

I don't think anyone here expected you to share about your son's murder, as much as we hoped to get to know you and your son--the boy and man he was. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thank you, and good luck to you. ~Claudia

P.s Thanks for changing your message to reflect a spirit of grace. I'm sure for all who saw, the change will bring encouragement and hope as well...

• Members

stjudepray.jpg

Prayer to Saint Jude:

Saint Jude,

Apostle of Jesus,

You carried the Good News to the world.

Guide us in our learning,

And in working to achieve our goals.

Guide us in understanding our troubles,

And in learning to grow from them.

Speak to Jesus for us in our needs

And help us to help others.

We remember the help you give us,

And do our best to tell others about you

Amen

• Members

Sermon-on-Mount.jpg

Sermon on the Mount by Carl Bloch

Saint Matthew, Chapter 18:

21  Then Peter approaching asked Him, "Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him? As many as seven times?"

22  Jesus answered, "I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times.

• Members

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, four things I ask of you today with great necessity,

the patience to suffer

the strength to work

the wisdom with which to receive the burdens that I must suffer

the serenity to understand and restore things with saintly calm and thus feel in my soul tranquility

this I must ask of you, O adored Jesus,on this holy day, that I may always serve and love you. Amen

• Members

Ecclesiastes

Chapter 3

There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens. 

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant.

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build. 

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance. 

A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them; a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces. 

A time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away. 

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to be silent, and a time to speak. 

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.                                                                  

Michelangelo's Pieta

Saint Peter's Basilica

• Members

For those who died far from home,

who died suddenly

Shivering shocked into silence

Grant them your peace.

For those who pined on the shore for the lost long years before Death brought release,

Grant them your peace which passes all understanding:

Keep our hearts and minds in your knowledge and love,

Now and always-var. David Ashford

• Members

Have mercy on the souls and inhabitants of Heaven through prayer and service and who now feel like strangers and afraid to look upon your face,stand  alone in the shadows. Send your holy angels to comfort them. May your prayers for them illuminate for them their place in the communion of saints. Shine the splendor of your grace upon them and lead them to greater glory both now and forever  to the age of ages. Amen- var.Padre Rob

May the souls of the departed,through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

Lord have mercy,Jesus blest, grant them all your Light and rest. Amen

May the love of God and the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ bless and console us and gently wipe every tear from our eyes in the name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins,save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven,especially those in most need of thy mercy. Amen

• Members

mary5.jpg

HAIL HOLY QUEEN

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our

hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do

we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.

Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us;

and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy

womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

P. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.

R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.   Amen.

• Members

All Souls Day 2008

Death is not the extinguishing light; it is putting out the lamp because dawn has come.-unknown

May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God,rest in peace.

Kyrie Eleison

• Members

The Assumption of Mary

Mary-Assumption-sm.jpg

According to Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox tradition, between three and fifteen years after Christ's Ascension, in either Jerusalem or Ephesus, Mary died while surrounded by the apostles. Later when the apostles opened her tomb, they found it empty and concluded that she had been bodily assumed into Heaven.

One can only imagine the joy between the Mother and the Son at the very moment they were reunited....

• Members

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,who has blessed us all with the gift of this earthly life and has given R his span of years and gifts of character. God our Father we thank you now for all his life,for every memory of love and joy,for every good deed done by him and every sorrow shared with us. We thank you for his life,we thank you for the rest in Christ he now enjoys,we thank you for giving him to us,we thank you for the glory we shall share together. Hear our prayers through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

• Members

Sometimes I wonder why you post on this site.  Your posting about tatoos was unnecessary.  People on this site have enough to deal with without criticizm of a way that they might choose to memorialize someone they love and miss.  I believe God looks at the inside, not the outside.  There is saying..."It's Christ in me, not on me."  

I have often read your posts and have been tempted many times to refute what you have written because it is so often scripturally incorrect, but I respect your right to believe what you wish.  Prayers to Mary.  Prayers to angels.  Prayers to saints.  Purgatory...I read your scripture references below, but not one really speaks of the  place of pergatory.    

One of your scripture references below says, "St. Paul reminds us to live in accordance with all the teachings which have been given to us. We are not to be distracted by those who would try to limit the teachings of the Church. (2 Thess 2:15; 3:6)"  For me, the biggest distraction in my life when it came to God was the teachings of the Catholic church.  In my opinion, the Catholic church "limited the teachings" of Christianity by muddying the waters so much.  Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life.  No man comes to the Father but by me."  So simple, so true.  He says nothing about praying to Mary, Angels, saints, working your way to heaven, etc.  Christianity is simple.  Scripture says, "By faith you are saved, not by works, lest any man boast." 

So many things we could debate, but this is not the place...just as it is not the place to judge others.  I have often questioned your motive for posting here and your need to post so much of the same thing so often. 

• Members

There seems to be nothing simple about Christianity or any religion for that matter. Life is messy, regardless of belief. And as long as people try to persuade another and need another to believe as they do then it will continue to be messy. It doesn't seem to be truly possible to be tolerant or loving or accepting of all beliefs. Open arms seem only truly open to those who believe what the other believes as well. Wishing this board were a place where all were truly welcome and prosletyzing were left for somewhere else.

In their memory. Sending thoughts of peace to all--in hearts, minds, and actions.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Just in case Angelgirl decides to delete her post before it is seen by board administrators, which I have made aware of this issue, here is a quote of Angel's post:

[angelgirl63 Posted: Tue Nov 25th, 2008 11:10 am

Quote: Tattoos and the Bible:

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."

Leviticus 19:28]

To Administrators, Please wholeheartedly review the nature and spirit of this person's damning posts and consider whether this is truly in the spirit of Beyond Indigo or God. Grieving parents should not have to be subject to this kind of condemnation on this web site. It is our safe-haven to come and share our hearts. Stuff like this is what is most likely to drive people away from BI. Who needs it?

To DianeS and Caitsmom, I am always SO saddened when people are hurt by the tossing around of Scriptures, especially out of context. This one about tattoos, I believe was in direct response to Lolynbo sharing her excitement on other threads regarding tattoos her daughter had, and that she may get copies of them made for herself. That is her choice and her business, definitely. This Scripture about tattoos, in its correct context was given by God to the Levites, to those heading out into the desert with Moses. In that day lots of folks tattooed themselves, cut themselves and so on as a sign of worshiping idols, serving other masters, mourning, and what-not. Because they were getting ready to wander about in search of the Promised land, there also was the possibility that open wounds and broken and tattooed skin could become infected. Whatever the reason God commanded them not to mark their bodies, it fell under Old Testament law and rituals. We know today that Christ's dying on the cross, His resurrection and even the prophesied destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem in 70AD were the fulfillment of OT law, and the Old Covenant that was made between God and Abraham. The New Covenant was ushered in and it is the grace of God, the cleansing blood of Jesus at the cross that is the only cleansing that is required now. There is no "do this, or do that" to achieve righteousness before God. Jesus has obtained that righteousness, in our place, for anyone who is willing to accept and receive that--even those of us who have tattoos.

Christianity is not the enemy. It is the folks that twist it and use it as a weapon to beat down others. There is nothing about exemplifying Jesus that would beat you down for having a tattoo. That's just ridiculous. I don't want to take up a lot of room here, and I normally don't post here. But sometimes the posts are just so downright damning in nature, and no one has the right to "condemn" except God.

Today is Thanksgiving. Let's remember that Jesus ate with prostitutes, thieves and many who most of us would consider unworthy to sit at our table. In fact, if Jesus strolled in today, dirty feet, torn robes, and looking like a pauper, He may even be rejected at the table by many who like to judge by a person's outwardly appearance. Jesus healed lepers, the blind and the lame. He cast out sickness of all degrees. He had compassion for the hurting...

We all are hurting, and likely even more as we come to the holiday season missing one of our own. Let's truly exemplify the love of Christ among ourselves and toward others in a way that wouldn't defile the very essence and meaning of His existence.

God bless you all, and I pray that you feel the comfort and peace of God today as you celebrate thanks for the gift of time we all had with our precious children, gone before us. Love in Christ, Claudia (4everJoeysMom)

• Members

Sorrow tears at my heart, but today I ask that my loss soften my heart and make me more compassionate with everyone I meet so that my loss may become a gift to others.

• Members

Claudia, thank you for standing up for all of us, when we do not have the energy to do so for ourselves.  This webite doesn't need that type of comments, we are all grieving the loss of a loved one......I hope the administrators will ban these types of comments that serve no good purpose here......Thank you

Marcia

• Members

God didn't promise days without pain,laughter without sorrow,sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day,comfort for the tears and light for the way.

• Members

God, send your love,healing understanding and forgiveness into my heart. Bring peace to my troubled mind-may R be at peace in your arms. Relieve the pain and loneliness I feel and the black weight of grief. Please send me help for my shattered and crushed heart that leaves me in such pain and despair. Heal my broken spirit and desperation and bring me solace and comfort. Show me that I have nothing to fear. Guide and guard me Lord. Amen

Aurora

In Loving Memory

• Members

Thank you, I printed this prayer, it is just what I need tonight.....and tommorrow and on and on ...

• Members

Thank you, I printed this prayer, it is just what I need tonight.....and tommorrow and on and on ...

• Members

Today would have been my husband's birthday and Saturday was my husband's angel date. I wrote the prayer in his memory. I'm glad it gave you comfort.

• Members

Aurora, Saturday was my husbands birthday, the first without our sweet angel daughter. I am sorry for your loss.....Thank you for sharing the prayer you wrote, I cannot write...yet..?

• Members

I understand. You are very early in your grief yet. Saturday was the date of my husband's death and today would have been his birthday. I am in pretty deep mourning today.

• Members

My prayers are with you , I wish I could make it 'better' but I know that isnt possible, may you have a peaceful day remembering your dear husband.

All my love, Marcia   Bethany's Mom Forever

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Aurora, God bless your broken heart. I pray He brings to you the comfort and peace that you seek...some how, some way. I pray the Lord will be your guide through this dark journey, and that He protect you along the way. Blessings of peace, comfort and hope, I pray for you, ~Claudia

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Just checking in to see how you are doing, Aurora. This thread has virtually no activity these days, and I don't know if that leaves you with less support or not. I hope not. I don't normally post here, but just wanted to let you know you are thought of..not forgotten. Blessings!! ~Claudia

• Members

Hi Claudia, I'm still here. Thank you for checking. I just went through the angel date and birthday so I haven't posted for awhile. Aurora

The sun cuts a hole in the clouds just wide enough for God to slip through at the end of the rainbow-unknown

Archived