Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My wonderful husband

rainbowsky

• Members
rainbowsky

I lost my best friend on 5th April 2008.

I miss him desperately. I just don't know how to go on. 

He was 63 (8 years younger than me) and had lung problems.  He had been ill for sometime, having suffered from lung cancer 4 years previously, and had been diagnosed with emphysema and lung fibrosis.

Although we knew he wouldn't get better from his complaints, his death was sudden and unexpected.

I also died that day.  My life will never be the same, because he looked after and protected me so much.

I just seem to be living in a daze, my every waking moment I think about him.  I have lots of paperwork to sort out, so I suppose it keeps me going at the moment.  I also have his 97yr old mother to look after, so am kept busy there too.  I just pretend to the children that I am ok, but Im not.  Im far from it.

I miss him so much.

Rainbowsky

• Members

rainbowsky, we can all identify with how you are feeling. Those first months are very "dazy" and you just seem to get through them because you have to. I also lost my best friend and husband to lung problems. (July 2006) It's been almost 2 years and things are easier for me now but I remember those awful days when nothing helped. All you can do is take one day/hour/minute at a time.  MJ

• Members
rainbowsky

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Also very sorry to hear about your husband too.  Terrible thing to watch isnt it ?

Rainbowsky

• Members

It is terrible. Rod was on 15 liters of o2 when he died and still couldn't breathe. Chemo (for non hodgkins) caused pulmonary fibrosis. There is no way I would want him to live that but it was still so hard to lose him. Somedays the only thing that keeps me going is knowing he is now breathing freely where he is and hopefully doing all the things he could no longer do on earth. He was always such a active person with projects and plans. Hope you have a decent day!

• Members
rainbowsky

Oh god it's terrible.

My husband was on 8L 02 but was struggling so much.

In the end he had a pulmonary enbolism.

I am thinking of you.

Rainbowsky x

Archived