Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Today is his birthday - trying to smile and not cry

MissingDaniel

• Members
MissingDaniel

Today would have been Daniel's 40th birthday and the girls and I came to the beach to feel closer to him. We went out on the beach this morning and watched the sunrise and talk about daddy, and at lunch we are going to go to the end of the pier and release some balloons for him. I have done pretty well, but it has been tough watching all the families and the daddy's playing with their kids, and all the couples. And last night sitting on the deck listening to the band, I would hear a song I knew he'd like and feel like sobbing, but then I'd look over and see my sweet girls dancing and laughing, and I'd have to smile.

We saw a beautiful sunrise - a beautiful start to his special day. Happy Birthday, honey! We miss you so very much! Blessings to you all....

• Members

My husband's birthday was on Friday, it was a hard day but after work I went and bought a birthday cake. I love your idea with the balloons. Thinking about you today.

• Members
MissingDaniel

You too, needy. We didn't do a cake but we may do that this evening. Giving you {hugs}! It's a difficult day to get through.

• Members

Awwww. "the girls laughing and dancing" made me smile as I pictured these adorable sweeties just being kids. I'm sending you positive vibes and warm hugs. --ModKonnie

• Members
MissingDaniel

Thanks for the hugs. All things considered, it was a good day. Made some good memories. For just a little while, the hole he left behind in our family didn't seem so huge. Wish I could keep that feeling...ah, we'll. baby steps...

• Members
MissingDaniel

Got this beautiful pic of the sunrise and meant to add to my original posting, but it didn't take.

post-318969-0-57572500-1378730418_thumb.

• Members

HUGS MissingDaniel Sept 8th would have been our 24 anniversary and I also went to the beach. I knew I needed to do something to keep myself busy and I did pretty good but watching other couples on the beach was a bit hard for me to very hard to fight back the tears. Sept 14 is Clayton's birthday he would be 57 so I'm planning on going back to the beach with some friends for the weekend I hope I get through this weekend as well. Wishing you all some peace.

• Members

Hugs back to you, Patsyl. You've got 2 difficult dates awfully close together - I know that's got to be hard for you, but sounds like you have made a plan. I found that being in such a beautiful place was mostly a good thing, but it was a bit of a mixed bag. The peace and beauty around me also made the emptiness in my heart feel a little more empty by comparison. But I was glad I went away rather than be at home and be focused on the fact that my husband's special day arrived without him. Hope it helps you as well :)

• Members

Missing Daniel...I, too, am a beach baby....I do believe that there is healing in the salty ocean and the soft, salty breezes....maybe not enough to mend a broken heart....but enough to lift you over a bad spot in the road....Applause for you...for you are also showing the girls...that one can get 'through it'....many times young ones aren't taught that....and then they always have these wounds that can never heal. There will be tears...there will be times of great sorrow...'a time for everything under the sun'......as you see....and a time for dancing and laughter....

• Members

I am glad that it turned out to be a "good" day for you and the kids! These "firsts" seem to just tear us apart here at our house! I am not looking forward to Nov when it would have been Jims's bday! Its right after Thanksgiving so we will have to deal with a double whammy..I try and remember baby steps and hopefully with time it will get a little easier. Hugs to you!

Archived