Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Dad passed away 5 years ago on Father's day

argkangie

• Members

My dad passed away a little over 5 years ago on Fathers day, he died unexpectedly at the young age of 50, my dad worked for my cousin and her husband at their wrecking yard and he had decided to go to work that day, he was found in the Loader unresponsive, the parametics tryed saving him, they worked on him for well over an hour but their was nothing that they could do, I just still cant believe hes gone, I know this will probably sound stupid to a lot of people but I never thought that he would leave us, he was such a loving and dedicated husband, father and grandfather, now my poor mom is alone, her and my dad were together over 31 years, my mom was only 14 when she had met my dad and they stayed together ever since, it kills me seeing my mom in so much pain. Does anyone else know what its like to have to plan the funeral for your father, pick out his casket ect... Never in a million years would I have ever thought that I would be faced with this at the age of 31.... Its going on 5 years, 3 months now and I still cry everyday thinking about my dad, I miss him so much, I dont think that I will ever be truely happy ever again because how is that possible when a piece of me is missing and to be happy you would have to be whole.... post-349925-0-08095700-1378625109_thumb.post-349925-0-73189600-1378625159_thumb.post-349925-0-24247800-1378625218_thumb.

• Members

Arkangie, I am so very sorry about your loss. I do know what it is like to plan your father's funeral and pick out the casket. I was writing my father's obituary in the other room when he died. I also planned my mother in law's funeral, picked out her plot, her casket and helped shop for her outfit. I think I was in numbed shock and just going through the motions during those experiences. Perhaps you should seek a professional's help to see what advice they may offer for processing all your experiences. You've suffered a profound loss, and they may be able to help you process through the trauma and emotional turmoil of it all. Your pictures are awesome!--ModKonnie P.S. Perhaps your mom would like to visit this site? We have a "Loss of Partner" forum, and there are many people who have lost their precious soul mates.

• Members

Thank you for your response. I never would have thought I would still be feeling this way 5 years later. Truly the greatest man that I have ever known and I am not just saying that because he is my father, his number 1 priority in life was to be the sole provider in our lives even if it meant working night and day, he stood behind us 100% no matter what we may or may not have done wrong but at the same time taught us right from wrong, he raised us with morals and strong family values....When his grandchildren were born he was the best PaPa that they could ever ask for.... He was the true meaning\definition to the words husband, father and grandfather..... Everyone of us are hurting being left in this world without him, we love and miss him more and more each and everyday.... I am Proud to have had him as my Dad..... He was truly not only our Dad but our Super Hero..... We are who we are because of him and mom, thats something that I will cherish forever..... Thank you for everything, I love and miss him..... As for my Mom, I too think this support group will help her deal with his loss, I have been telling my mom that she needs to talk to people who have gone through the same loss as she and I will help her get set up on it cause she is not very good with computer's yet. Again thank you for your support.

post-349925-0-94920700-1378687104_thumb.

• Members

My mother died at only age 52, and suddenly, and was worked on for a while, and my parents had been married for over 31 years. This sounds similar. You and I both lost a parent too young. I hope it gets better for you with time, but I see so far it hasn't.

Archived