Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost My Mother this past weekend

autumnsky38

• Members

Hi everyone. I just found this board tonight, and really needed to post. My Mom just passed shockingly and unexpectedly the other day and I just found out about it yesterday. I'm still stunned----it looks like she'd had a car accident, the airbag deployed, then she apparently went on home, not realizing that she'd been injured. I'm waiting for the report to know exactly what happened, but the man at the funeral home said that the ME thought it looked like the airbag had hurt her ribs or her heart. I just can't believe this has happened. I've lived out of state for a long time but just saw her in June and spoke on the phone w/ her in August. Everything was fine. Now all of a sudden, she's gone, and I feel like someone has yanked out my own heart and stomped on it. God. What makes it even tougher is that my husband and I recently separated, so although I do have family here, he's in another state and he's the one who I really wish I could be with right now. SIGH I don't know what I'm going to do except to cry and share and miss her like crazy. Please pray for her and for me and my family and I promise that when I have it together a little better, I will come back and pray like crazy for you guys too. Thanks so much.Tracy

• Members

Hi Tracy, I´m really sorry for your loss. You are still in shock and you will be in that way for a while now. I know it´s tough and there´s a long journey ahead, try to live each day by the hour, it can help in the first days and weeks... You will experience all kind of mixed feeling, emotions and thoughts and it will all be normal, don´t isolate yourself and blogging and writing to and about your mom will help to keep the pain almost tolerable. Hang in there, a big hug

• Members

Thanks so much for your reply, MissUDad. I really appreciate it---I've never been through anything this painful before and it's good to know that I'm not alone right now. Hugs back and I'm also sorry about your Dad.

Archived