Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loss of my son

Newbie17

• Members

I have to say this is one group I never wanted to "join" . I lost my son to Cystic Fibrosis this past april. The pain is devastating and you really feel so alone like most cannot relate or fathom. When you are someone's sole caregiver you develop such a close bond you cannot imagine life without them. I lived for his smiles, his giggles , his wit and charm. I feel so lost without him. I struggled because at times my son did get angry with The Lord with how much daily suffering he endured. I have prayed and petitioned with The Lord "I need a sign or a glimpse that he is in the arms of the everlasting, walking the streets of gold healed and whole." I was hoping my son would come to me in a dream and reassure me. I have not received dreams or visits yet but HE does give me signs along the way in which if I was not so touched by them I could rationalize as coincidental. is it too much to ask for something more? I have heard of loved ones visiting after death even if just a glimpse I just want to hear my son tell me how happy and at peace he is.... would like to know your thoughts.post-351499-0-89409400-1377834945_thumb.

• Members

Newbie17 - I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I believe the "signs" you've received are not coincidence. This is a very hard journey, that of losing a child. My 29 year old daughter died 3 years ago from leukemia. May I suggest you post on "Loss of an Adult Child". There are many people there who are on this journey and will lend an ear and give their hearts to you. Peace to you friend.

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss..I completely understand what your going through. I lost my 6 yr son in a car accident this month. We just buried him on Monday. I dont think your asking too much I too feel th same as you. I've prayed and prayed to God to please let me see his face or give me something to know my baby is really up there but I haven't gotten anything. I've come to the conclusion that maybe the time isn't right. Maybe seeing him would only make things worse right now. I strongly feel that bond mother n child have We still share right now that they are in heaven. I get goosebumps sometimes when I think about him. Or when I have a outburst of tears I feel this warm calming feeling..Give it time, our children, love ones are all around us even if we can't see them we can feel them. You will have your dream, when you least expect it. Don't lose faith. God Bless!

• Members
Mommysangelisabella

To dream of our lost babies...... I pray daily it happends lossing my daughter just 8 short days ago. I belive god can make anything happen and i belive with all my heart we will see them maybe even dancing to some song we cnt quite hear with smiles and laughter on there faces right before we wake one day or hear their voice with a sweet laughter saying mommy im ok . Never give up on that

• Members

I am praying for all of you. Here's the verse I posted on my son's casket that I made. Maybe it will bring a little peace.

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

Lord, please give us some peace. I beg you...

Wade

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Wade, what a very comforting verse on your son's casket...

During my very first early days I had focused on the reaction Jesus had when Lazarus died and how he felt with Mary (Lazarus sister) who was heavy mourning...John 11...33 When Jesus therefore saw Mary weeping... He was deeply moved in spirit and troubled....

I hold that in my spirit...that Jesus is deeply touched with our mourning...his feeling of mourning was again repeated in vs 38....So Jesus, again being deeply moved within came to the tomb (of Lazarus)...

I don't understand why my Jesse was taken...but I closely held on to these truths when the rest of my world dissolved that day...and there are still so many days it is hard to breath...

• Members

I loved that verse in Zephaniah how appropriate to put on a tombstone. What a comfort that Jesus is greatly moved and near to us in our mourning. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it is a pain like no other. Sometimes the hardest part is to see the world go on around you ....while yours came crashing down. My son used to ask me to read him the following verse where this present suffering does not compare to what lies ahead. These momentary afflictions are temporary but thereis a glory that is eternal.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Maybe there are signs all around us but we are blinded by our tears??

Jena

post-351499-0-92700100-1381195702_thumb.

post-351499-0-35493800-1381195736_thumb.

post-351499-0-26661800-1381196177_thumb.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

I loved that verse in Zephaniah how appropriate to put on a tombstone. What a comfort that Jesus is greatly moved and near to us in our mourning. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it is a pain like no other. Sometimes the hardest part is to see the world go on around you ....while yours came crashing down. My son used to ask me to read him the following verse where this present suffering does not compare to what lies ahead. These momentary afflictions are temporary but thereis a glory that is eternal.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Maybe there are signs all around us but we are blinded by our tears??

Jena

Thanks for sharing that verse your son clung to...it is one of my favorites as well...

Since Jesse died I realize that this present world is just a short moment in our eternal life....and I think to myself, what is it really like to dwell in the house of the Lord...what is my son doing now? Actually I should say sons, since I had an infant loss as well....my other son's name is Taylor...

I thought of this video of a young child whose faith in heaven was so touching...and I know that some can see beyond the veil of this life...and touch what is beyond...

http://youtu.be/U5n5I1robuA

• Members

Dear Jesse,

So sorry to hear the loss of both your son's. I was very touched by that video. My son was a very sick child but I was standing so strong for Jesus to heal him it prevented me from talking about heaven as much as I would of liked to.I sure wish I could talk heaven with him now. I loved how you said it seeing beyond this veil of life because that is the way I see it as well. I have always been strong in my faith but the death of my son has shaken my very foundations. I just want The Lord to show me just a glimpse or just a word? Now I know why there was such an explosion of mediums that will communicate to your loved ones that have passed on. If the word was not so clearly against it I sure would pay money if I could hear from my son if all he could say "mom, I'm happy" what I would do for that. But I do believe we will get to see and hear from them one day..... Just patience is not one of my virtues.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Dear Jesse,

So sorry to hear the loss of both your son's. I was very touched by that video. My son was a very sick child but I was standing so strong for Jesus to heal him it prevented me from talking about heaven as much as I would of liked to.I sure wish I could talk heaven with him now. I loved how you said it seeing beyond this veil of life because that is the way I see it as well. I have always been strong in my faith but the death of my son has shaken my very foundations. I just want The Lord to show me just a glimpse or just a word? Now I know why there was such an explosion of mediums that will communicate to your loved ones that have passed on. If the word was not so clearly against it I sure would pay money if I could hear from my son if all he could say "mom, I'm happy" what I would do for that. But I do believe we will get to see and hear from them one day..... Just patience is not one of my virtues.��

God bless,

jena

You might be interested in this book, it was just recently released...Appointments with Heaven: The True Story of a Country Doctor's Healing Encounters with the Hereafter...Chapter 16 you would find very interesting.

This is such a difficult journey...wishing you a peaceful evening.

Archived