Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Things are just getting worse

Karen.Lyn

• Members

I swear, I can not deal with this. Andy told me he had updated all his paperwork and now I find out his ex wife is still listed as his primary beneficiary on both the timeshare and his 401K. I NEED that to live on. I don't believe he would have told me he'd changed it without actually doing it but I can't prove the company lost the paperwork. I'm completely at a loss. :(

• Members
MissingDaniel

Oh, bless your heart. It's hard enough just to deal with the loss, but when you run into problems with financial details, it probably seems like more than you can handle. Try to stop and take a breath, and think about what he told you. Hopefully you will be able to figure out where the problem is. I am so sorry you have been hit with this roadblock. I will be thinking of you and hoping you are able to work it out.

• Moderators

Oh geez KL I am very sorry! It seems EXTREMELY unlikely he changed it (without telling you no less), it does sound like a lost paperwork thing. I'd tear the house apart before anything else to see what you can find, then if necessary talk to the lawyer or whoever prepared his will(s), they should have copies......if those two things don't help, talk to them about your options. Ultimately if necessary, it might be talking to his ex. I'm guessing you two aren't exactly best friends, but hopefully if it comes to it she might be reasonable-?

• Members

Karen, I'm sorry you are having to deal with this on top of everything else. Please, talk to a lawyer about this right away, there are state specific probate laws in the absence of a will.

• Guests

Similar experience for me. Angie said she had life insurance, turns out it was accidental death insurance. I tore the house and storage apart looking for a policy that didn't exist. Bank accounts and emails checked........nothing. Multiple insurance companies called.......nothing.

I feel ya. Very frustrating.

• Members

oh no :(

Deep breath time........you need to take this in logical steps, even tho thats the last thing you want to do right now. Id def be getting legal advice too. Hold up girl, youre in my thoughts for what its worth.

Archived