Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

venting, really bad day

Austykatie

• Members

Who started the remark “the lord gives you what you can handle”? I like to have a word with that person. I was doing well; I swear but today have been one hell of a day.

Started at 3 am, when I heard sounds outside my bedroom window. My senior citizen neighbors have a problem with people breaking into their garage, so I got up and ran outside. It wasn’t a thief, I found Mrs. S. sitting there with an ambulance in their driveway. Mr. S passed away. I sat with her while the coroner arrived (same coroner that came for my husband).

I went to work and put on a happy face and put in a 10 hour day. Received a text from my sister, she just had her mammogram. They found something on it.

Came home to a total disaster in the house, my house renovations started on Monday. Everything, I mean everything is covered in dry wall dust. The kids never lifted a finger to help me clean things up. Yep, I lost it. Then they told me what we needed in groceries and were out the door.

Ran to the grocery store came home and as I continuing to clean I got a phone call. It was my brother in law his wife last week was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. They found out today it that it can’t be surgically removed.

Tomorrow I go for my mammogram, have to say I am terrified.

Next week is one of my son’s birthday as well as his fathers. The next week is our anniversary and the 6 month mark of my husband’s death.

I feel horrible; every inch of my body hurts. That wonderful mental fog is back. I can’t take anymore.

Thanks everyone, just really needed to vent.

• Members

Who started the remark “the lord gives you what you can handle”? I like to have a word with that person. I was doing well; I swear but today have been one hell of a day.

Started at 3 am, when I heard sounds outside my bedroom window. My senior citizen neighbors have a problem with people breaking into their garage, so I got up and ran outside. It wasn’t a thief, I found Mrs. S. sitting there with an ambulance in their driveway. Mr. S passed away. I sat with her while the coroner arrived (same coroner that came for my husband).

I went to work and put on a happy face and put in a 10 hour day. Received a text from my sister, she just had her mammogram. They found something on it.

Came home to a total disaster in the house, my house renovations started on Monday. Everything, I mean everything is covered in dry wall dust. The kids never lifted a finger to help me clean things up. Yep, I lost it. Then they told me what we needed in groceries and were out the door.

Ran to the grocery store came home and as I continuing to clean I got a phone call. It was my brother in law his wife last week was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. They found out today it that it can’t be surgically removed.

Next week is one of my son’s birthday as well as his fathers. The next week is our anniversary and the 6 month mark of my husband’s death.

I feel horrible; every inch of my body hurts. That wonderful mental fog is back. I can’t take anymore.

Somehow you will survive this, even if just one hour at a time. Hang in.

• Members

I am so so sorry, needy. Wish I could say something to make it better, but I am keeping you in my thoughts, and I hope tomorrow is a better day. We just have to hang in there through the many rough patches. Hugs...... :)

• Members
Silvergirl61

Hope today is better and more peaceful for you! Sending you some positive good wishes, and an online {{hug}}. Feel better today!

• Members
MissingDaniel

Wow, what a day. So sorry! I too hope that today brings better news and better times. You will find a way to make it through. You are in my thoughts :)

• Members

Wow - I should say you had a wild day. Yeah, I hate that saying "the Lord never gives you more than you can handle". I can't wait to talk to him about that one! Wishing you some peace.

• Moderators

Good Lord needy, I'm so sorry for all of this. Thoughts and prayers to your neighbor, and sister. Re the kids, frankly if that was me I'd rip them a new one and lay down the law, but that's me. For starters, they want groceries, they best start earning them. Welcome to life kids! (Maybe your birthday present to your son should be a list of chores that need to be done on a regular basis and a promise to keep feeding him IF he does them. :) ) Anyway, stepping down from the soapbox, maybe you should consider planning thing(s) to do next week to keep busy, given the rough days ahead? Just another thought. tc and hang in there, we're here if you want to rant more. :)

• Members

oh god needy im so sorry this all had to hit you at once. I think you just need to sit down and take a few deep breaths and decide what needs to be dealt with and in what order. Im so sorry that you seem to be stuck with dealing with all this . Its truly unfair. I tend to agree with W2.You need to tell your kids that you need some help around the house. Mind you im not guaranteeing that will translate into any actual work but you need to tell them that you need this. Oh and btw dont listen to the s%^t that people tell you...its only to make them feel better. Please come and talk to us and tell us how things develop, cos we need to know youre ok.

• Members

Slept very well Thursday night, thank god and went to work with my happy face on. Went to my mammogram appointment and then had a ultrasound. Now have to go for a biopsy. No comment. On the brighter side came home to two new closets, new flooring, and a new window in the room in the basement. :D I totally agree my kids have to help more around the house. Generally I am a great motivator but for some reason I can't get my own children to do anything. Maybe my new therapist will have some ideas!!! Popped over to Mrs. S house, she was home all alone, her children should be arriving today. She was all dresses up without a hair out of place. Sat with her till some church ladies showed up. Thanks everyone for your support. It's days like this when you realize you really miss the support of your partner.

• Members

I am so sorry you had such a rough day! Big hugs coming your way!

Archived