Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mother, sudden car accident

ModKonnie

• Members
Sunshinestate

I recently lost my mother and she was only in her early 50's and I'm only 20. It's been very tough for the whole family because my mom was involved in a single vehicle car accident when she lost control of her van and struck a tree, suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. We were supposed to go on a vacation the next day and my family did not find out about my mothers death until 7 hours after it happened because police had trouble contacting my family. Our family is very close and always has been, I feel like a huge piece of me was just ripped out of my heart for no apparent reason. My mom was full of life and was always happy and positive. I'll always miss her and its been hard continuing without her. I talked with her everyday and she always did anything she could for me. I just didn't know where else to turn so i thought I would try this forum. Thanks for reading

• Members

Sunshinestate, I am so very sorry for your loss of your mom. There are many people here who have lost their precious parents in similar experiences, so they will be able to offer some tips and advice for coping. One thing you can do is to make sure you talk about your mom and talk about how you feel. It does help. Time also will help lessen the severe anguish into a more manageable ache, but it is extremely hard at first. Do you have anyone you can lean on for support? How are everyone else doing? Try to just concentrate on a day at a time for now. Even though it is hard, try to get out some and do the things you enjoy. We will be here for you--ModKonnie

Archived