Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

just thoughts

usagainsttheworld

• Members
usagainsttheworld

Losing my fiancee the way that I did has opened my eyes to many things. 1 i feel no one could give a rats ass, 2. I am totaly on my own and 3. No matter if I survive this or not the world will just keep spinning. This is my darkest hour and I dont think I'm going to make it. Not really sure if I want to. Hes all I think about and I just want to be with him.

• Moderators

Wow that could have been a post by me at about the same time in the process that you are. I'm so sorry. You can survive this, though it doesn't seem like it now. Hold on! Have you seen a counselor or considered? That helped me a lot at that point in time, I was able to unload a lot of things I couldn't unload elsewhere (because everyone had disappeared, among other reasons).

• Members

neither one or two are true tho i know they feel it. I dont know you, but i know(broadly) how you are feeling and i know how hard it is to get up, to take the first step, to keep going thru what seems like a pointless existance. I know what it is to really and truly want to be with your loved one. I care about you, and about how badly youre hurting cos ive not only been there, i AM there. It may not be a lot, but its true. You are never totally alone.....just take a little look around you in this forum, and then think about the number of others that we dont even know about.....one thing that the bereaved are not, is alone. But i know what you mean.....you DO feel alone, you feel like youre cut off from the world, and whats worse, even as you feel the lonliness, you often cant handle company either....its all too hard. But here we can be there for each other, support each other.....KNOW that were not alone. Take care of yourself. Cry. Be sad. Be angry........its all a part of this horrible journey that i know you didnt sign up for, but that youre on nonetheless. One thing i will say is, persevere with counselling....its very important that you can talk to someone whose first priority is YOU, and your wellbeing.

• Members

usagainsttheworld if your therapist isn't helping it is time to send them packing and I know it is hard calling around and trying to find a therapist, but you have to do it for yourself. Friends and family.............yep I understand and yes it is hard to find new friends. I am joining a few organizations in hopes to find new friends. Try to find something everyday that has a purpose, and I do understand that is difficult as well.

Dealing with stress/grieving I have found mediation works. I found it isn't an easy thing to do and it takes practice.. I have been using the ACT therapy as well. There is another method I have been using, you can check it out at tapping.com.

Exercise is wonderful, it really does decrease the stress level.

You will get through this but it is going to take some work. Hugs.

• Moderators

Tried nothing seems to work

If one doesnt' seem to help, try another. I had to do this (3d time was the charm for me). Pls don't give up. You're worth fighting for. :)

• Members

Hang in there I also know of your pain and it is the hardest thing we walk into in life. Know you are not alone and we all care for you. I send you a hug knowing how we all need hugs f rom time to time.

• Members

us - I know exactely how you feel. I feel the same way a lot of the time. My husband passed just a little over a week before yours. You would think by now something would start to change in how we are feeling. Sometimes it is and sometimes I go right back to square one. I feel like life is a very cruel joke, this wasn't suppose to happen NOW...for God's sake...we are too young!! And what in the hell do we do now, right??

My own sister won't even talk to me because I'm so sad all the time. I can't help it! The minute someone asks "how are you" I start to cry. And I take two different antidepressants!! All I can hope for is that something major will happen to my life, either good or bad, I really don't care anymore. I would love to just give up and join my husband but I can't do it.

• Members
usagainsttheworld

Thank you all for your advice and encourament. This is morning I did not even want to get out of bed. I fought hard and got out of bed knowing I have to keep going.

• Members

Losing my fiancee the way that I did has opened my eyes to many things. 1 i feel no one could give a rats ass, 2. I am totaly on my own and 3. No matter if I survive this or not the world will just keep spinning. This is my darkest hour and I dont think I'm going to make it. Not really sure if I want to. Hes all I think about and I just want to be with him.

I am sorry you are going through this, or any of us for that matter! Please know that it may not go away and it may not seem like it will ever get better.. I promise it will, somehow you will find the strength to get through yet another day and then another day..soon it will be months. I remember when Jims accident first happen I could only breathe minute to minute, then hour to hour, then day to day..I am 6months in my grief and just think I made It week to week! Hugs..thoughts are with you! You are in the right place!

Archived