Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost both my mom and a good friend within the past 5 months

Sidewindor

• Members

My mother passed away from breast cancer Feb 28th of this year and my friend ( a guy that I dated off and on for 2 years) passed away July 21st. I thought I was beginning to cope a little better with losing my mother and when I found out my friend had passed away all the feelings that come with grief came back times 3. I find myself thinking about him more than my mother lately. I spoke with him the day before he passed but we were not on the best terms since 2 weeks after my mother died I had found out that he lied to me about so much and after his passing I learned of more lies. Sometimes I feel so angry with him but most of the time I just miss him like crazy. I wish my mom was here to get me through this and she cant. He was a Great man despite his imperfections, He was always here for me, my daughter and my mother when she was alive. I feel like I might find some peace in talking to his mom but I don't know where to begin. I only met his mother once and it was over a year ago. Although we were not dating he was someone I loved very much and was a very important to me. I just feel like I have no direction and I just want all the pain and sadness to go away.

• Members

The feelings that you have are perfectly normal and all part of a process of healing. I am sorry for the losses that you have suffered this year. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Archived