Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Tami4373

How do I answer basic questions?

My oldest son was recently murdered while celebrating his birthday. In an instant I went from 3 sons to 2. How do I answer the basic questions of: how many kids do you have? Is "J" your oldest child?

I'm stumped when I am asked these questions and answers that should roll of my tongue are now stuck in my throat.

Thank you in advance

Tami4373, You tell everyone you have three sons because you do. When asked how old your son is, you say, "He would have been," or "He was..." When asked if "J" is your oldest son, if he isn't then say something like, "No, my oldest son is...." Just because your son is not with you physically doesn't mean you have to exclude him. He is still and always will be a part of your family. --ModKonnie

You do you. If you want the world to know that you have three sons, then say it. Over time you may find that you don't want to share that information with everyone, and that's okay too. You just have to do what feels right to you.