Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of both parents and my sister.

shaggydo7

• Members
velvetlithium

Hi, so my name is Cerridwen, I am 22 years old.

I lost my father at aged 6, he commited suicde. After that my mother spun into a downward cycle of drugs, drink and depression.

My mother then died when I was 19, after being in and out of hospital all of my life.

Last november my sister aged 36, dropped dead as she suffered a brain hemorage. However she was taken to the hospital still alive, and for a few hours was on life support. I was called there, as I was next of kin and had to make the hard choice to take her off life support. I litrally watched her take her last breath.

Now I am not entirely sure why I have come to this fourm, I am not looking for anything just in all honestly I have never felt so isolated.

I have no friends or family, and I am a single parent to a two year old boy. I miss my parents, and my sister so very much. Due to these experiences I have always found it hard to communicate with people my age, as they just do not uderstand how I feel.

I just hope to find someone out there that does.

Ps I am aware that there is a seperate bored for siblings, however I felt it was easier to just put it into one post.

• Members

Velvetlithium, I am very sorry about your losses. Would you be open to joining a spiritual group or a fitness gym or somewhere you can find other people to talk to? What about work? There are all kinds of self help groups in most communities--you can find them usually through the local newspaper. Is that something you would be open to? We are glad you have checked out our community. We will be here to support you--ModKonnie

• Members
Lostwithoutmum

Very sorry about your losses...You must be feeling really lonely, but I hope that your little man is keeping you as strong as you can..

Don't bottle up how you feel, you are not alone, there are many people here who understand...I also suggest talking to someone who understands, Samaritans are great people..

Look after yourself

• Members

I am sorry for your losses, I know it's very hard for you. It sounds like your parents were very young, based on your age at each death.

I actually had the same set of losses, happening separately, two people being very young. We're going through the same thing, I was afraid I was the only one.

First, in late 2004, my mom just collapsed and died, it was so sudden and unexpected. The coroner's report said "fluoxetine toxicity" (about the medication fluoxetine) as the cause of death. She was only 52. Then over one year later my sister, who had chronic depression and was dealing with our mom's death, committed suicide by overdose. Then over seven years later, early this year(2013), my dad died, after having had flu-like symptoms for about two weeks. And I saw//heard him die, first I was alerted by a sound he made.

Do you have any extended family in your area, that you could start to be close to and get support from, or no family at all nearby? As ModKonnie suggested, maybe see about support groups and community groups or activities where you can meet people. Take care.

• Members
brian_texas

I am so sorry...I just lost both my parents in a semi-car " accident". The kid who "killed" my parents did not have drivers license, was smoking pot, and ran a red light. The semi was a death machine that never should have been on the road.....I get some of what you are dealing with believe me.

Archived