Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

lost my dad some years after previous two family deaths

Dreamery

• Members

Of my immediate family. I lost my mom of natural causes in late 2004 and a sister of suicide in late 2005, a little over one year apart. We had been six people, originally. I would think about the following. For a long time I had my dad and two sisters. And then my dad died, back in February of this year (2013). He had flu-like symptoms. It ended up being over seven years that we were spared a death and that there were the four of us. I had my dad that long. It felt like a while. But really I would prefer many more years. I badly wanted him to get to maybe at least mid-70s if not 80+, have a full long life. He was 67 when he died. And with his tendency to stay healthy, before this illness, he had seemed like he might live long. I loved my dad so much.

• Members

MDenise, I am sorry about your losses, including your recent loss of your dad. I think we all wish we had a few more years, and it's just very difficult to accept when we don't. Are you doing okay--taking care of yourself? What about the others in your family? We will be here to listen to you and support you--ModKonnie

• Members

Hi, I lost my dad at the age if 55 one week ago suddenly and it's heartbreaking. Like yr dad he had become health conscious cut out the cigarettes and drinks. He had surgery the year before which we thought had gone well but he kept coming down with stuff. The doctors said he was fine yet he died last week and we have yet to find the cause. I wish I had him for longer and it upsets me like it upsets you and it's so cruel when you have so much hope for them. But they are still here looking aft you you just can't see them and I guess it's hard to know what to say but we have our memories . If y need to talk anytime I am here

Archived