Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Rambling

unabletolivelife

• Members
unabletolivelife

time will ease the pain, God wont give you more than you can bear, when one door closes another opens, you have to move on, everything happens for a reason, God has other plans for you, keep busy, get your life back to a normal routine, .....

Thanks but none of these sayings are helping.... Nothing can help... my husband is gone,.... gone gone gone gone.

The pain is not easing, l dont know how much longer i can bear it, i want the door i had, i have no reason to move on with out him, what is the reason this happened, what is the plan , keeping busy doesnt stop my heart from hurting, and nothing will ever be normal again...ever.

Ive been reading some of the post, and i know im not the only person who is going through these things . Im so sorry for your hurt because i know how it feels. Thank you for letting me get this out.

Now that the moment has passed, I am so thankful for having my husband for the time that i did and that we found the true love that we had been looking for all of our lives. We had the trust, love, compatability, and that special something else that you feel but cant put into words..

With the exception of work, we spent all of our time together. I have the memories of everyday life with him, vacations, weekends, special occasions, perks and quirks, I cherish those, sometimes they make me happy, sometimes sad . i can go from smiling to crying in a split second. sometimes i think im going crazy.

I know that he wants me to keep on living and he will live through me with my memories. I just dont think he knew how hard that would be.

I have things to do, so i will continue to go through the motions of living, and maybe one day i will feel alive again.

Thank you again for letting me vent...although it probably makes no sence at all... ive been doing a lot of that lately.

• Members

i can go from smiling to crying in a split second. sometimes i think im going crazy.

I know that he wants me to keep on living and he will live through me with my memories. I just dont think he knew how hard that would be.

I have things to do, so i will continue to go through the motions of living, and maybe one day i will feel alive again.

Thank you again for letting me vent...although it probably makes no sence at all... ive been doing a lot of that lately.

Feeling like you are going crazy is normal. I'm glad that you know he would want you to go on living. Keep that foremost in your mind. I wish I could tell you why things happen, but I can't. I expected to live to be an old happily married woman, but that didn't happen. Yes, he will continue to live in your mind. Hold it close to your heart. He loved you, you loved him, and what more could you ask for?

• Members

the terrible thing is that you make perfect sense to those of us who have been thru and are going thru the same thing. Weve all felt like were losing our grip, going insane. Many of us have thought about just giving up, and more than a few of us have gotten to the stage of wanting to hit the next person who mouths off with yet ANOTHER platitude. We all know what its like to have to answer that question, "whats the point in carrying on?" and weve each answered it in our own way....some are still looking for the answer. We are all on that rollercoaster of emotions that has you laughing one moment, and sobbing your heart out the next. If theres one thing that ive found that actually helped a little, it was talking to others who had faced the same loss and been thru the same darkness, People who have been there, who ARE there, are so much easier to talk to cos no one else can begin to understand where you are. All i can say is vent away, whenever you feel like you cant take it anymore, come here and let it all out. *hugs* Take care of yourself.

• Members

Unabletolive you made complete sense to me. If you are anything like me you wish the "old brain" would just shut up!! Finding a way to make that happen takes some time. I am sure you have heard the statement "take care of yourself", I was really stuck on that one. So I started going to the gym sure maybe it helped my stress out neck but soon afterward the old noodle was firing again. I tried therapy and unfortunately it didn't work for me, it actually made it worse. Right after my husband's passing my son's mental care nurse suggested a treatment called mindefullness. I read the book she gave us and I had no clue, I thought what kind of crap is this. I was at a point that the grief spasms would attack with no warning, and memories would bounce in and out of the brain in super fast flashes I too thought I was going nuts. I needed to do something . I bought some more books on mindefulness and struggled through them but now things are clicking. I have seen improvement in myself. I am even considering taking some classes in it.

I still get the grief spasms but able to recover by focusing the brain to let the memories come and go. It has also been 5 days since I have lost my temper.

Wishes everyone a super fantastic day.

• Members
Brokenwing702

You lost your husband week after I lost mine and I was crazy before but nothing compared to now. Cannot say words like "died" and the damn W word "widow". Don't know if I ever will. I was angry at everyone and everything but that is easing up a little. Progress? I don't know. Just living day to day and talking out loud to my husband indoors or out while walking the dog. Yes, I'm a crazy old lady and frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. Ramble on. We're all listening.

• Moderators

time will ease the pain, God wont give you more than you can bear, when one door closes another opens, you have to move on, everything happens for a reason, God has other plans for you, keep busy, get your life back to a normal routine, .....

Thanks but none of these sayings are helping.... Nothing can help... my husband is gone,.... gone gone gone gone.

The pain is not easing, l dont know how much longer i can bear it, i want the door i had, i have no reason to move on with out him, what is the reason this happened, what is the plan , keeping busy doesnt stop my heart from hurting, and nothing will ever be normal again...ever.

Ive been reading some of the post, and i know im not the only person who is going through these things . Im so sorry for your hurt because i know how it feels. Thank you for letting me get this out.

Now that the moment has passed, I am so thankful for having my husband for the time that i did and that we found the true love that we had been looking for all of our lives. We had the trust, love, compatability, and that special something else that you feel but cant put into words..

With the exception of work, we spent all of our time together. I have the memories of everyday life with him, vacations, weekends, special occasions, perks and quirks, I cherish those, sometimes they make me happy, sometimes sad . i can go from smiling to crying in a split second. sometimes i think im going crazy.

As you can see, you are, all things considered, quite "normal" for where you are right now. For crying out loud this JUST happened. This takes a long time to deal with; allow for that and be gentle to yourself. And don't let ANYONE tell you what you "should" be doing or how to feel. Only you know that.

• Members
unabletolivelife

Thank you all, i do think expressing some of these feelings helps and thanks to this forum, and your replies i dont feel as alone. I hope that we all find some sort of peace.

Archived