Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
cvaughan598

ADC's, Visions & Dreams

Hi Seekingsolace and everyone here,

Seekingsolace, thank you... If you knew how much your posts mean to me (us)...

BTW... I saw Steven. Only once. But i'll never forget it. It only lasted 2 sec. But it was 'so' him! :-)

For who is wondering 'how': I came late home friday night, and when being in the bathroom, he stood there, in the darkest spot in the bathroom. I immediately recognized his lenght, his clothing. I couldn't see his face... But after looking, I jumped and he desappeared... Although I wasn't afraid, it's weird :-) I'm so thankful that he's staying with me... I love him so much :-)

I have my ups and downs, but i'll get through it (mainly because his spirit stays with me)...

To everyone here: Keep ya' head up ;-) This site is a blessing...

Elena

Hi Elena [Elena 82].

That's great! Which Friday did Steven make contact with you? Just this past Friday? Cool!!

It's common for the visit to be interrupted as soon as you are jolted [although it's perfectly normal to be jolted]. But, if you are open to that sort of contact, just let him know and tell him that, should you be jolted again, to try to keep visiting anyways if he can. If he can't, then to try again another time.

Wonderful news : )

Yes this past Friday :-)

I really hope he will come again.

But I was wondering, how come I saw his fysical body? How does this work?

And you were right... I had nothing on my mind, wasn't thinking about anything as I was so tired... that's why he came through.

But I really find it difficult to clear my mind... any suggestions?

Elena

Hi Elena [Elena 82]

That's great! I had a feeling that Steven's visit was recent.

To empty your mind, you could try staring at a candle flame for a while at least once a day. 5 minutes is enough. Please do not do it while you are sleepy as it can be dangerous. Full day light is best. Candle flames have a relaxing effect on the mind to the point of emptying it a fair amount if not completely [while you are looking into the flame]. A fire in a fireplace can have the same effect for some people but I often find the simplicity of a candle is more so.

I can make other suggestions as well but you might want to start with this and report back your findings. I would suggest trying this for the next week, each day, and see what happens. When you look into the flame, do tell Steven that you are doing this exercise daily to give him a chance to have your full attention so he can contact you. Do let him know that you are ok with the full body physical visual that you had before [if you are] or any other way that he can communicate with you ...as long as it is clear & understandable to you. And then be patient and wait. 5 min a day to start is good enough.

If you find that looking into the candle flame does not still your mind at all, then please do not repeat that method ...Just feel free to report back and I'll send some other ideas your way.

You had asked how you were able to see his physical body and how that works. I don't have a physics precision answer for you but I can tell you from my experience with the Other Side that people in spirit like to appear to us in a form that we are familiar with. Because the spirit is a form of light energy, in that form, a person has many choices in terms of how they appear to us. It's sort of like your ability to choose which clothes you will wear for the day or choosing to wear your hair differently on a different day.

Steven is with you. Trust in that.

Seekingsolace, thank you for your reply. Until this point, I have still been unnable to receive contact from my father. I think that the feathers are a true sign from him. I have a friend who follows American Indian culture and spirituality. They believe that falling feathers are a sign from the spirits and Hawk feathers have great healing powers. When my father was in the hospital, he brought us a Hawks feather to keep under his pillow. My mother would put it there everyday and she still keeps it in her purse. I know they told us he was in a deep coma with no knowledge of us being there, but I do think he could hear us.

As for my relationship with my grandparents, we were very close. I spent alot of time with them growing up, because my parents both worked. I was with them all of the time and they held a very special place in my heart. My father also became ill very young. I was 11 when he had his first heart surgery. After that it was many years of him in and out of hospitals. He had 4 strokes and his ability to communicate in life was very difficult for him. He always overcame every obstical in his way. I never met anyone with such determination in my life. I learned alot from him, even when he wasn't trying to teach me anything. The problem is, I don't know if he ever really knew how much respect I had for him. With all of his sickness over he years, his death was an accident and very unexpected. I hadn't seen him right before it happened and never got to talk to him before he died. (He choked and lost oxygen to his brain for over 10 minutes). I would speak to him everyday in the hospital and I let him know that it was ok to let go. He was very clear about his wishes and did not want to be kept on life support. Although it was his decision, I still can't help but feel like we made the choice. I am left wondering if we gave up on him and if he is upset with me in any way. Iknow this is alot of stuff at once, but there has got to be something I can do to allow him to come through. I am very tired at night and once my head hits the pillow, I am out. I awake with no recollection of dreams or anything. My head is full and my heart heavier. I appreciate your help, for myself and everyone on this site.

Hi Songbird. And a hello to everyone else as well.

It is good to hear from you again : ) I do agree with you ...the feathers are indeed a sign from your dad. For me that was confirmed with the story of the Hawk's feather that he requested be placed under his pillow in the hospital. Feathers are meaningful to him so he is using them to communicate with all of you.

It could be that he is choosing to communicate with you, your mother and sister when you are all together because, when you are alone, you are simply not fully available [because you are so tired and your mind and heart are so heavy and full]. He is probably choosing to make contact at a time when he knows there is a greater likelihood of you noticing. I have a feeling that he has probably already tried to make contact with you alone but perhaps you have missed the communication [This is very, very common by the way].

As for what to do now ...At the risk of sounding redundant [because I say this next part to almost everyone], make time daily that is "father time". Just 1min to start or 5 min to start is ok. But make it daily. During this time [the same time of day is best because it becomes a habit], just "sit", talk to him [even if you initially don't feel like you have a reply of any sort] for a minute, then sit and listen for another minute [keep the eyes open for one of these minutes and then for another listening part, close your eyes ...That way he can choose to come to something in the visual room or in your mind]. If you don't feel like talking, that's ok too ..Just say "Dad ..I'm here waiting for you for the next 5minutes ...I would like you to contact me now ..I need a sign that you are ok".

The sleep that you are having lately sounds like what I call a "healing sleep". The sleep is really, really needed.

As far as whether your dad is upset with you or not ..I won't assume [because he can speak for himself] but I really doubt it. But, just ask him. Ask. And then ask again ...until you get an answer. Ask him to show you a "yes" and show you a "no" [give a sign for each before you ask any questions of him] so that the response is clear. I have a feeling though that you are just being too hard on yourself : ( You deserve kindness and nothing else but that.

Your Dad is used to having to use a good amount of creativity to communicate [because of his challenges in that arena in life with all of his strokes, etc] so I'm sure he will perservere in his efforts to communicate with you if you do the same. It's much easier for him to do so than for anybody on earth to receive the signs/communication.

Just be patient with yourself and it will happen.

Hello Everyone,

I haven't been here this week as my computer crashed and took some time to get it fixed...Also, I am fine but my daughter and I were in a car accident on friday...I think my vehicle is totalled but the most important thing is we are both o.k.

Seekingsolace, thank you for your thoughts. Yes, I do have times when I feel angry at god for what has happened to my husband and our lives...that has been so extremely difficult for me because I'm sure like many others when something bad happens we feel that we are being punished for possibly something we have done in our lives. And, if we show god our anger we could possibly be punished again so it is true what you say that it is not good to not commmunicate with god at all. It is a very difficult thing. I do have times when I just use avoidance because of my anger. Anger always has been an emotion that has been difficult for me...avoidance was always easier! My husband showed his face to me in our bedroom window last summer just for a moment and it was when I just sat down on the edge of our bed very tired and I just looked to the window and he showed me his face...so it is when we are relaxed and it's unexpected.

To all...thank you for all your thoughts and questions. It is helpful that there are others out there searching for answers and who have intuition about these things. We all want to see and talk with out loved one. I don't think it is going against religion(some think that). The day my husband died all the rules changed for me. I had no other choice but to look deep into my soul for the answers. I will do whatever feels right in my heart to communicate with my loved ones so that I can heal and feel confident that we will meet again. Thank you all.

Hi Laura {Lauraa}

I am so sorry to hear about your car accident but I am relieved to know that both you and your daughter are alright.

I know that your persistence in wanting to connect with your husband WILL bring you results. It is just a matter of time, continued efforts, patience, and perhaps a little guidance along the way here and there : ) How he appeared to you in your bedroom window is remarkable : )

God can take anything that you give to him. There have been times when I was so furious at him, I just cut him off ...for a while ...and then that didn't solve anything at all. It just ended up hurting me. I know that you will work it out with him. If I can help in any way, know that I am here for you. We all are : )

Take care.

Hello Everyone,

I've been too busy of late to practise many suggestions (on 'working' holidays right now), but wanted to get a few questions down before I forget.

Seekingsolace,

I'm so happy you feel the same way about your animals as I do. Yes, they can be extremely wise, etc. My furgirl is currently trying to help me learn more about energies (according to my current Communicator)and apparently the angels are very happy with the both of us!

Re: time manipulation, 2 things: First, I tried a practical application, as per your example and it worked splendidly! I wanted to get a certain # of windows washed in a given amount of time, without killing myself, and set the exact time I'd finish in my head...and time slowed down beautifully for me! I finished EXACTLY when I wanted to! Perfect! I also heard of another example like yours, when someone had to drive a 3-hr trip IN A BLIZZARD and the clock registered something like 1 hour after they arrived. They had asked their angels to be with them on this trip, for safety, not even thinking about TIME necessarily. So thanks for that answer!

Re:soul personality; would this be ones Higher Self within?

Question: Do you know if someone can come through via someone ELSE'S body? (I suspect my furboy had done this early on.) AND I've heard of other remaining animals taking on characteristics, for example, of the passed animal in ways that were never common to them before the death of the other one. What about 'using' a stranger's body to communicate, rather than someone you personally know?

Question: How would you describe the feeling/experience of Oneness with another?

Question: (also see my general comments below about this)I don't know if you can answer this one or not, but I'll ask anyway! If you agree with my comments below, and we are a part of God, this is a sticky point I've wondered about: How could we possibly have ever been so foolish (if we share God's perfection) as to have done this to ourselves, ie. fooled ourselves into thinking we could possibly break away from God and create illusions in the first place? Any ideas on this? The idea of imperfect perfection, if you know what I mean, drives me crazy!

Lauraa,

Re: your medium; can you tell me if your reading with this person resulted in more than one loved one coming through? And was their style the type where you could have a running conversation with your loved one? Everyone has a different method/style but I prefer this kind, as it saves time and money cuz you can ask questions and ask for clarification if confused, right then and there, instead of having to rebook later. If you're willing to answer this publicly....how expensive WAS it?

For Everyone,

For everyone's interest, thought I'd mention that the Course says death isn't REAL and is just another illusion we ourselves have created to keep our egos 'stronger' than our true nature, in our consciousness - for the purpose of continuing ALL of our illusions (all the reasons of which are too long to explain here). It says God never created anything like death at all because God is loving and wouldn't do that to us. Certainly, given that we've seen our loved ones CAN and DO continue to 'talk' to us is evidence this is true...it's just that we've become so accustomed to the theories of the physical world that what's (more) Real seems more like a dream than the other way around. People keep saying that the entire world is starting to awaken to higher ways of being, and I think this forum is just another way it's happening. Kudos to us all for helping to enlighten the whole world!

For All,

Just remembered one other thing you all might benefit from. It's a BIG concept that I honestly can't remember if I read in the Course, or if I came up with it myself! (I never could find it in the Course, though I have a huge cross-referencing guide I bought to go along with the Course)

Here it is: LIFE cannot contradict ITSELF. (and therefore, death CAN'T be real) This comment even stopped my atheist former husband in his tracks!

Hi everyone,

I just typed a post and thought I posted it a while ago but when I just checked ...well I guess I hit the wrong button! That is par for the course for my life these days!

Well, Swede1,

I have a question for ya. When you say 'death can't be real', you ARE talking about death of the spirit right? Just checking...I know that sometimes I "skim read" and therefore may miss a point or two so at the risk of sounding "slow" I ask.

Lauraa,

I am so glad you are all safe. Sounds like a bad scare?! I hope the other person had insurance. Your posts are very helpful to me, thanks for being here.

Seekingsolace,

Thanks. Do you think that the candle suggestion that you gave to Elena would possibly work for me too, as well as others here? I read something in a book by a medium that said to sit in a chair and put candles in front and back and sides of you and concentrate but,(as you know already), I kinda worry about my lack of knowledge and whether bad spirits may show up or something!!! I am not sure how that works. As a child sometimes we dabbled in stuff like weje boards and seances and we would be warned about bringing bad spirits around, I guess that is where I get that worry from.

Everyone thank you for your posts, it helps me so much to read about your experiences and contacts. It gives me hope.

Laura (anne)

Hi Everyone.

For Swede1: I will get back to your posting shortly.

For Lauraanne: The candle technique you read about in the book is quite different from the single candle technique that I mentioned to Elena82 [see a few paragraphs below for more on the single candle thing] but I can certainly understand your confusion. My apologies for not being clearer.

Of course you feel worried. No wonder! I could be wrong, but in my opinion, seances/ouji boards, and surrounding yourself with a bunch of candles are dangerous. For me, it's analagous to leaving the front door of your house open all night so anyone can walk in whereas contacting your loved one directly is like giving them and only them a key to your house.

[Perhaps I shouldn't comment on this because it's really not my area at all but, for the sake of safety, I will put my neck on the line with this one. Anyone out there who has a different viewpoint on this has a right to their opinion as well. I can respect that. I am not an expert on this so I could be wrong.]

Back to the single candle technique. In short .. yes ...you could use the same technique that I outlined for Elena82. Note though that the candle is just an "assistant" to help empty your mind. A candle doesn't have to be used for this ...anything that is mezmerizing/hypnotic/stillness-inducing for you can do the same ...It could be looking into a fishtank, or sitting in front of a fountain, or under a tree outside, or looking at a screensaver that stills the senses. It does not have to be a candle. I only mentioned the candle because it tends to be quite effective for people at quieting the mind. The candle does not "bring" people in spirit in ...It just helps you clear your mind so you can more easily hear your loved ones if they have a message for you.

Please do not use a candle at all if candles are uncomfortable for you in any way. Laura Anne, because of your experience around seances and what you read in that book, for you, I would advise one of the other techniques that I mentioned above. The way neural networks work in the brain is, if you have something negative/scary attached to something [ie. like a candle] then, despite your best intentions, the fear can still come up. And the idea of stilling/emptying the mind is peace ...not fear. Do you have something that you can put in front of you and look at/hear/smell that you know effectively stills your mind? I would love to hear about your ideas. All this sort of thing requires is some creative thinking. Please feel free to let me know what you think.

Swede1,

The medium I talked with was really good. She was the one who had the contact with my husband not me...she relayed his messages to me. And, she never said it was my husband but the things that she told me verified to me that it was him and they were things she couldn't have known. SHe taped the session for me. Also, a woman came thru in the reading and she thought it was a grandmother but wasn't sure and I verified to her that it was my husbands grandmother..again, she told me things to verify to me that it was her and the medium wouldn't have known. It made a me a believer. Her cost was $250./hr. I went once. I would absolutely love to have a conversation going back and forth with my husband or dad. I know they are with me but I think my energy can be dense at times just with my grieving and all the stress associated with my loss. I'm sure it is the same for all of us here. My husband is with me and I have seen his face in our bedroom window. He came to me in a dream. He was standing with me in my dream at his funeral and we were looking at his casket and he said, "I'm not there". That dream I think he was trying to tell me he didn't die. And, I believe that and will never say he died..."he passed on". On his grave marker I put, "Until We Meet Again". I believe that and it's probally the one thing that has helped me to get thru this first year without him. Besides our 3 kids. I just know he is with me, I feel him and I talk with him all the time. I just want to see him again walking. I did last week when I was relaxed and my eyes were closed...he was walking toward me, smiling and the sun was shining brightly on him...It was his way of telling me he is o.k.

I just want to see him again with my eyes opened and I want to talk with him. It's my goal, no pressure...it will come when it is suppose to. Hope all is well in your world. And I want everyone to know how much this site helps me. Keep writing!

Hi Lauraanne,

Good question, and essentially, yes, the spirit....but the Course goes deeper than that, saying in essence that because we and everything you see IS just like our Maker, there IS nothing BUT spirit. We just think there is, think we're really bodies. It's like that saying that we are really spiritual beings having a human experience, or as some ancient beliefs say, that we, this earth, everything in it is just Gaia, or consciousness at play. And so, what ISN'T real is the body...and death. Physical death is as unreal, in the REAL reality ;-) as physical life. Our true, and real nature is spirit and we've just made ourselves forget this. I hope I've said this so it makes sense. The trick to remembering who we really are is constant, minute-to-minute acknowledgement of this idea.(very difficult for us, as we're so used to thinking the opposite things!) Hope this helps.

Hi again everyone.

I'm certainly posting a lot today. I hope you don't get sick of me : )

For Swede1: Sounds like your time experiment worked out well for you : ) That's great!

The "soul personality" would indeed be the "higher self" within ..yes.

I don't have enough expertise on the "one person coming through another" thing to comment unfortunately.

Re the feeling of "Oneness" ... It is very difficult to put into words. It is best experienced. I will work on sorting out a way to help people experience that. The key is to experience it. Words will be a start though ...for now. Ok. The closest thing I can think of to the feeling of "Oneness" is having a deep, profoundly deep love that you share with someone. This is about 30% of the feeling of "Oneness". Remember that what I say is only my personal experience of it ...It might not be yours. Please remember to trust in your own senses. I am just a guide.

"Oneness" is, for a moment, no longer being separate. When we are separate, we feel the wind separate from us. Yet when we are part of a "oneness" , for a moment, you become the wind. You become the blade of grass, the tree. I know this might be rather funky to conceptualize. Like I said ..it is to be experienced to be truly "known" and understood. Trying to explain it is analogous to trying to explain how you are able to smell a flower to someone, or exactly how an apple tastes, or how the wind feels. It can be done but it's quite challenging. I hope what I have written here tonight at the very least generates some food for thought.

Your last question was about breaking away from God and our creating illusions ..how could we have done this if we are a part of God. Did I paraphrase this question correctly? You said that "imperfect perfection" drives you crazy. I think I know what you mean but I would rather not assume. Can you elaborate more for me and then I can comment further? [i think you are drawing from the Course but, as I said earlier, I only have a beginner's sense of it]

Seekingsolace,

I understand "oneness". I felt it with my husband. I cried when I just read your post. It's hard to go on when you know that kind of love and it is snatched away...The world feels so lonely. That's why I say, "we grieve as deep as we loved". "Oneness"...I knew it well. "Soulmates". I'm trying to make sense of things now and breathing is difficult in my search. I guess that is grieving, huh! I wonder what lessons I need to learn from this. Why does living on this earth seem so hard? Is that what we need to experience in order to know the joy when we "pass on" to the "otherside"? I wonder that alot. Why would my husband have to suffer so profoundly so young and to such a wonderful man? These are the questions that irritate me daily thru my grieving. Why were our goals and dreams interupted? Does the Big Kahuna answer any of these questions for you when you connect with him? I need a crash course from you to help with this. What do you think really helps people to heal from their losses with your experience and knowledge of what you know? I want to tap into this and find out....I have had alot of stress this past week so I have not been able meditate and work of messages from my love ones but maybe soon I can practice. Thanks for your care and insight...as I so appreciate it. I hear everything you are saying. I know I am very intuitive and it will come.

Your last question was about breaking away from God and our creating illusions ..how could we have done this if we are a part of God. Did I paraphrase this question correctly? You said that "imperfect perfection" drives you crazy. I think I know what you mean but I would rather not assume. Can you elaborate more for me and then I can comment further? [i think you are drawing from the Course but, as I said earlier, I only have a beginner's sense of it]

Seekingsolace,

Thank you for what answers you were able to give, and for the attempted description of Oneness. I know these things are more accurately experienced rather than described. I've just always wondered if the connection I always seemd to experience with my furboy was Oneness, as it always felt to me as if we were part of each other, mingling our consciousnesses. It may have been just that it was a sort of 'taste' of true Oneness, I'm not sure. All I know is that I've never experienced anything else quite like it with anyone else in my entire life....and I miss him so. I wondered if I would be able to 'repeat' that feeling once he was gone...and I haven't been able to. It was as if HE was the 'generator' of it.

Yes, I think you understood my question. To elaborate further, by imperfect perfection, I mean if our Maker is perfect and created us to be the same ("in His image"), how, while BEING perfect, could our spirits have made, essentially such a 'stupid' decision to fill our consciousness with illusions about ourselves so that we don't even remember where we came from? That doesn't sound to me like we were/are perfect, since wouldn't perfection preclude us from doing such a thing in the first place, free Will aside? (and yes, this is a concept from the Course, but since I don't know what you have or haven't experienced in these other realms, I'm always on the lookout for someone who might be able to answer ANY of these questions that have come up for me) While I don't want to dwell too much on these things that bother me, I'm just taking the opportunity to ask as it presents.

Hi Everyone.

For Lauraa & Swede1: I will answer your questions sometime over the weekend. I am away the next few days and I will post again as soon as I am back at my desk.

Swede1: yes ..you HAVE "Oneness" with furboy.

Lauraa: And yes ..you HAVE "Oneness" with your husband.

I use the present tense with both of you because Swede1, your furboy is still with you and so is the "Oneness" and Lauraa ...your husband is still with you and so is the "Oneness" that you share.

I will say more in a few days once I am back. I just wanted to leave you both with this for now.

"Oneness" never goes away. It is something that is innate, deep within you and certain interactions bring it to your consciousness. But it is innate. You both still have it within you. And it is still very accessible. Love is a way of touching this gift within our soul.

Seekingsolace,

Thank you. What you say makes sense. I love candles though and realized after my brother's passing that I should do even the smallest things that I enjoy and so have been actually lighting the candles and enjoying them lately. (Usually I just have them sitting around everywhere unused) But I do have that memory of past beliefs to influence my thoughts where talking to a spirit is concerned. I guess I am needing to find some good books on the subject to learn more about that area because that is the type of person I am, if I know that there are things I don't know about something, then I don't feel comfortable until I know. Knowledge is power as someone once said. I may try it and if I feel uncomfortable then I can stop. If you or anyone here knows of any good books on this subject I would appreciate the suggestions.

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this. As far as something that I can put in front of me to still my mind...I haven't found it yet...but it seems to help me calm down when I read for pleasure, and I thought about maybe trying to just lean back like I do when I read and hold a picture of my brother in front of me and try that, however it still usually causes tears so maybe not yet.

Thank you again, you are a blessing.

Laura (anne)

I lost my father almost three weeks ago and I'm scared that I haven't had any dreams, I have to look at a picture to even see his face, I can't see it in my mind. Does this mean anything? I'm so desperate to know he's okay.

Yarsa0513,

The same thing happened to me and it bothered me too. I think it is because it is so soon. Did you lose him suddenly? My brother's death was sudden and I was in shock for a good 3 weeks to a month and 1/2. I think that it being so soon has something to do with not being able to see them. I immediately searched for all the pictures that I could find of him and made copies for some of the other family members and I looked at them often because like you I had trouble seeing him and I was very upset because I thought that I should be able to feel his presence too and I didn't. (We were close)

It has been about 5 months now and I guess I have been able to see his face now for several weeks. I felt exactly the same way and that is why I am on this board. It is a great board with lots of wonderful people. That is my thoughts on it, give it some time. I don't know if I helped any but I hope I helped a little. If not maybe someone else here can. I am so sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

Laura (anne)

Laura,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother.

Yes it was sudden.. he had just recovered from throat cancer and died from suffocation.. his throat swelled from the radiation treatments and he went without oxygen for 6 minutes. We were still celebrating his milestone of recovery when this happened. He died after we read his living will and removed him from the ventilator. I need to know that he knew I was by his side at the end. I think i'm obsessing over that question. What do you mean you saw him? This is all so new to me

Sandi

Dear Yarsa0513,

I am sorry for your loss. This is a good site for you to learn. I felt like you in the beginning and still do when I lost all my love ones. I needed to know they were all o.k. So, my suggestion to you and everyone here is to be patient but to read alot of the subject of the "afterlife". My cousin is presently reading a book she has recommended. Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton...she loves it but I have not read it yet. Also, Hello From Heaven by Judith and Bill Guggenheim, Everything Happens for a Reason by Suzanne Northrop....and the list goes on and on. I believe our love ones "live on" and are with us but in a different realm. I think you and everyone in search of this will find out when time allows for it. There are so many factors here. It is a journey...a tough one. One I wouldn't wish on anyone....but here we are. Look for you dad...he is with you. You just have to look for him and you will see. Good luck and keep writing here.

Sandi,

If you mean when I said

"It has been about 5 months now and I guess I have been able to see his face now for several weeks."

I meant I could see his face in my mind without having to look at pictures... referring to when you said you had to look at pictures to even see your dad's face.

I am learning a lot from the people on this site and I think you can too. If you will read some of the past posts sometimes it can be helpful as we have some much more knowledgable people than me. I DO feel strongly that our loved ones can hear us but I am not sure if they can hear us all of the time. I believe that they can contact us if we learn how. And I believe that some people have a gift of being able to hear from people who have passed and I am hoping to find someone who can get in touch with my brother. I know there are a lot of fakes out there though and am taking my time trying to find someone that I feel comfortable with.

You are in my prayers,

Laura A.

To all,

I lost my daughter June 12, 2005. I have had dreams of her. One when she was talking to me and was passed. A couple others I was trying to save her from herself. Then the rest lately have been of us doing things we would normally do on a day to day basis. Just going to the store or whatever.

She hung herself, she was barely 14. I can't feel her though. I don't "feel" her, I don't know if she is okay, and I need so badly just to know if she is okay. I don't know what to think. I feel like she is missing or something. If she is okay, maybe then maybe, this would hurt less. I wonder if there is a way we can communicate with them. Can she hear me? I talk to her most the day, like she is here. I know she isn't, but I still talk to her. I tell her I'm sorry, and things of that nature. When someone dies this way, is their soul troubled? I just want her to be okay. If she hurt that badly here, I just beg that she isn't hurting there too. She was way too good for that. I can't bear thinking she might still be hurting, or seeing the pain we are all in. I want her to be happy so bad, sometimes I think it might kill me. I miss her terribly, but if she was angry with me, does that mean she won't communicate with me now, or even when I die? Will we really ever be together again, or is it over? These are my questions everyday.