Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ADC's, Visions & Dreams

cvaughan598

• Members

Some to Amost All Here:

Whoa! I hadn't checked here a few days as I was on another board I found for loss of animals (the one here is so quiet!)and I guess I also forgot to click the email notification button, too! A lot has been going on! I have little snippets for everyone, cuz ALL postings spoke to me in one way or another, but only have time to do one or two right now –will try to catch up on everyone’s later.

To Lauraanne,

I, too, relate to the needing someone to cry with, to talk about your loved one with. I never got that at all, not with anyone who really knew my Mom and brother, so over a year later, I’m still waiting and have a great fear that day will never come. For the seeming triviality of things, I’ve also found it difficult to get the same joy out of the small things that used to make me happy or content. This has improved some over the year, though, so take heart, Laura, it may just take time to regain that sense of ‘belonging’ in the mundane part of existence. If nothing else, I think grief helps one to really focus on your values and brings to light what’s really important to you, underneath the mundane stuff of daily living. Sort of like shedding one skin or peeling an onion. For your son, maybe you’re teaching him some honesty and okayness in showing feelings – not something to sneeze at! There are many books about talking to your kids about grief, some for kids to read themselves, too. And I, too, gained about 15 lbs this year, and also was considered skinny before! I also would like to hear what my 3 loved ones have to say now…so am still in the process of finding a medium I can truly trust!

To Lauraa,

Dealing with multiple losses is so very difficult, isn’t it? I hadn’t realized you’d lost so many, too, and all such major relationships yet. I feel so sorry for you, as I know how awful it is. I remember one ‘friend’ saying she wouldn’t call it a “tragedy” – I almost keeled over, wondering, well, what would constitute a tragedy then? Do we have to lose 10 loved ones at once, or what?!?! I felt like saying, ”YOU try it, THEN talk to me!” People nowadays tend to minimize everything, even the really important stuff, in order to what?…get ON with their accelerated busyness? It does feel like we’re out-of-sight, out-of-mind, within mere weeks. I think people are too scared to face us; there ought to be classes in how to approach the grieving…simply the approaching would be nice! I’ve heard way too much of this from too many people on these boards…we’re the lost and forgotten, to be sure. Maybe our mission as grievers should be to wake the rest of them up? When I went for a mammogram last week, and they left me sitting in the waiting booth for over ½ hour, all I could think about was my Mom, and clinics and hospitals. When they had asked me what her age was when she got breast cancer (tho she lived about 10 years beyond that), I almost lost it then and there, but thought if I had, there was no way I was going to be embarrassed about crying. If more of us were open about it, I think societal acceptance would come around in due time. Some books I found helpful were: “Healing Grief”, James Van Praagh (a medium); “Blessing From the Other Side”, Sylvia Browne (psychic). As for lessons, I think it’s such a personal thing for each of us, it’s not easily interpreted unless you know someone very well. For me, my cat had the most to teach, his biggest lessons to me:” Wake up, Mom! There IS continuing life and enduring love!” (tho my trust in this still wavers at times) and even before he crossed, “We are NOT just our bodies, otherwise we couldn’t continually communicate from a distance or feel each other’s feelings!”

To Seekingsolace,

I DO have more questions, based on your last posting re: my stuff, but it will have to wait til next time..glad you’re still here, though, trying to help us all out!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Hi everyone.

Lots of stuff to try to answer I see. So let me get right to it : )

For Laura [lauraanne]: Thanks for your kind words. I'm happy to help. I'm glad that you're feeling more comfortable with sharing. The doorbell visitor sounds like they were certainly very persistent. They really wanted to get your attention. It does make sense that it would be your old boyfriend. You might want to just ask him to tell you what he would like you to know and specify that you would like to have communication during the day and even specify which day and timeframe. 230a is a bit of a mess for sleep afterall : ( You could also wait until it happens again and then speak to him at that time but I would value my sleep too much to risk that happening again.

The dream about your dad was most likely a visit from the sounds of things. How did you feel in the dream? That is the key to discerning a visit. Visits [in dreams] are usually linear dreams [as opposed to the abstract way that dreams can sometimes be] or at the very least a very clear, linear, non-abstract moment in a dream AND the person visiting feels very real to you in the dream. That is an example of a visit.

For noidofmyown: you had said that you can't seem to make [contacts/communications] happen ... yet when you most need it, they just happen ...and you had wondered why this was. Other Side communication is facilitated by the receiver's ability to receive. Part of this is being very open to receive in a given moment, part of this is being clear that you would like to receive in a given moment and not have any fear around it happening. Maybe when you most need the contact from your people on the Other Side is when you are being the most clear.

I know this might sound odd but clarity is an alignment process: conscious mind + subconscious mind + emotions + body. These all have to be in sync/ saying the same thing / having the same intention otherwise you can send a mixed signal out there and then people on the Other Side don't know what to do. If one part of you says "yes ..I would like contact" and the other part hesitates for some reason ...it's confusing for the senders and it messes up the "receivers" signal [ability to receive]

Every person has a different manner in which they get clear ..For people that tend to live more in their logical mind, the moments of greatest "heart" clarity are usually when they are feeling an emotion strongly. For people that live in their emotions, when they are feeling an emotion, their pain can be so great that it mucks up the signal to the Other Side [this is quite common]. These more emotional people receive signals more easily when they are calmer and meditative. There is a frequency to the Other Side regardless and it needs to be matched to get the signals.

Oh yes ..one other thing ...The dream that your sister's husband had about your dad ..I believe the "dark place" that your father spoke of where he "couldn't breathe" was when he was on earth with emphysema. And when he says he is ok now I believe he is referring to the Other Side.

For Swede1: You had asked about why people come through to you when you are feeling distress and ask with your heart when I have previously mentioned that pain often blocks the transmission. See 2 paragraphs above this re my note to noidofmyown re Logical people vs emotional people. Does this clarify things at all in your case?

You had also asked what would happen if someone's style of communication was dysfunctional. Do you mean the senders? [ie. person on the Other Side] or the receivers? [person on earth]. Once I know this, I can answer.

Yes a cat can definitely help someone come through just as much as a human can. Animals have souls just as we do. While on earth, I feel them to be more open and aware than we are for the most part. They easily see and hear the spirit world. When they pass to the Other Side, I have often found that they are very wise souls. You can usually already get a sense of the wisdom and age of their soul when they are on the earth [just by looking into their eyes as you sit in front of them ...Just sit for a while and feel them].

What John Edwards said I have also found to be true. But I would word it a bit differently: people retain their "soul personality" when they cross. This personality does not have the same hang ups they had on earth. It would be analagous to a person on earth who has become enlightened. Does that make some sense? If you are still unclear, let me know and I can elaborate more.

Lots of text again ...Apologies for going on and on.

Remember that they ARE with you. The signs are there ..Trust in that.

Hi Seekingsolace,

Had to grab your post to remember everything! Re: that, that's the funny thing. I'm more the emotional type, and yet get more messages when I'm feeling very pained. For the dysfunctional comm., I meant the one who has crossed didn't communicate well...or at least not as well as the one left here. I was so pleased to hear you talk about animals often having very old souls. I just seem to KNOW for a fact that my guy was just such an entity. He was always so laissez-faire about these kinds of things and in fact, one communicator I used after he passed said he said I'd know him by looking into his eyes, if he ever came back while I was still here. Of course, I realize this doesn't PROVE any such thing, but it just FEELS true, because of our connection to each other. I also think his sister must be almost as wise, but it's more like she doesn't seem to remember, and therefore act on it, the way he always did. Don't know if this makes any sense to you, but I thought I'd mention it. Yes, the soul personality phrase makes SOME sense to me, but I wouldn't mind elaboration on that anyway if you have the time! I also had meant to ask you if you were at familiar with the series of books called "A Course In Miracles"? If you were, I could then ask a number of questions from THAT perspective.

Blessings To You

Swede1

• Members

Hi everybody,

My boyfriend passed away 4 weeks ago in a car accident. In the first two weeks I could clearly feel wind (him) on my face when trying to sleep, but know it becomes more difficult. I often can smell him or feel his present. I'm often 'talking' to him in my head, but to be honest I not sure if he's really talking to me or if I'm just talking to myself or making this up. I trully hope that's really him talking to me but who can confirm this? I also see a lot of signs like his sending me little things to prove he's there, than again maybe it's because I'm so alert and all these signs are coincidences. Has anybody had similar cases?

Bless you all,

Elena

• Members

Hi everyone.

To elena82...my loved one[dad]died 4 weeks ago.I too often 'talk' to my dad,or rather I hear a dialogue in my head that I know to be his phrasing or wording.It doesn't feel like I am making it up,as the flow of this dialogue comes with such ease.I also,feel and smell things around me,mostly when I least expect to be experiencing them.

As for signs[coincidences] they are sending us...I can only say that I just 'know' in that very instant a sign occurs ,who it is from ,and I thank him for sending it to me.I currently rely on signs,as I had told my dad to not freak me out with a full blown 'dream visit' yet.I don't know if there is a general list of signs;I suppose we all have specific indications[signs]that we recognize as that coming from our loved one.This is what makes them unique and personal.

I find the last 2-3 days to be over emotional,restless though.

How are all the rest of you doing?

Take care.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi everyone.

For Elena82: Welcome to our group. I wish it could be under easier circumstances for you. My heart breaks for your suffering.

Know that your boyfriend is with you. He is speaking to you. Trust your heart. It knows.

One of the ways that people on the Other Side try to communicate with us on earth is through telepathy. Our brains are wired for telepathy ...most of us just don't realize that or practice it consciously. The conversations you are having in your head with your boyfriend are indeed with your boyfriend. Of that I have no doubt. Know that your doubts are normal though. The adult mind doubts easily. Children don't doubt things like this but, the adult mind is often that way. But remember ...just because you are doubting, does not mean that it is not him.

Ok ..now for as for how to prove it to yourself: First ...ask him to tell you something that you don't know about him yet and then confirm it with one of his family members that does have the information [Your boyfriend will have to tell you who to speak to regarding this or where to find the information]. You could also ask him to give you a concrete signal/sign that it is him when he starts to speak with you telepathically. You could suggest a scent, etc ...give him 3-4 options and let him pick and choose which one works best for him. It is usually best if you go with one that he has already communicated with you with already [because it is evidence that he can transmit in that way ...Like the wind for instance].

Keeping a journal/log of the signs that come and in what circumstances they come might be helpful. If you know what they mean, then jot that down as well. Your mind might doubt initially but that's ok. You could choose to do the actions anyways and tell your mind to doubt if it needs to.

I communicate with the Other Side daily [i won't get into all the details here to avoid redundancy ...they are covered in my 6.6.05 posting] and it is very much real. Your heart knows the truth. Trust in it. It will guide you clearly.

For Sunflowers: Signs from loved ones that have crossed over do indeed tend to be unique and personal. It's like a person's voice on the earth or their face ...It is part of their uniqueness.

For Swede1: I am somewhat familar with the Course in Miracles so if you have questions from that perspective that you would like to ask me, please feel welcome to ask. If I can answer them, I will : )

You had mentioned that signs/contact comes to you when you are feeling very emotional. Are those the times that you ask for a sign/contact? Or do you ask at less emotional times as well [and they don't come then? ..and are you wondering why?]. If you are trying to sort out how to have more regular signs/contact outside of the very emotional times, post me some details on your contact attempts and contact/sign pattern and I can comment further.

You had also asked me to elaborate more on soul personality. I will get back to you on this tomorrow hopefully. I would like to spend a little bit more time reflecting on a precise metaphor.

And on to dysfunctional communication ...You had mentioned that your concern is with the Other Side sender because they were not great at communication while on the earth. I don't believe that this will be in their way on the Other Side. Challenged communication patterns are an earth/human thing but they are not a soul personality thing at all. Once we revert completely back to our soul form, we are in a freer communication state again.

A hello to Laura, Lauraanne and Noidofmyown as well.

Take care everyone.

• Members

Elans82...I am so sorry for your loss and welcome to this site as it is helpful.

Seekingsolace, thank you for all your sound advice to me and others. I am working at having my loved ones come thru but not luck yet. I do get emotional while listening to the tape at the point when I need to ask them to come thru and I have alot of tears. I ask them questions without a reply but I still can see my dads silhouette and my husbands face and they are both together. I am just trying to take it further to be able to actually see them and talk with them. Am I nuts or what? I don't think so! I appreciate you care and input and it really helps getting the suggestions and I look forward to further thoughts of yours.

• Members

Hi am am new to this post. I lost my father in April and have been visiting this site daily. It has given me alot of help in dealing with my feelings. I have been desperate to comunicate with my father since his passing. I know that he does send me signs and I can feel his presence often. I have not been able to dream of him, though. When both of my grandparents passed, I was able to dream often. They were so vivid and real to me. In all of my dreams I was able to hold them and they always end the same way. When they are ready to leave, I cry and they tell me they just came to visit but they can't stay. But I always wake feeling like they were really there. I had a dream like this just a few months before my father died and I hadn't had one in a very long while. My mother also had a dream 2 nights before my father went into a coma, that he went to the store for her and when he came back, it wasn't him it was my grandfather. She told me of this dream the day before anything happened with my father and didn't think anything of it. One night when I was just drifting off to sleep, I had a vision of my dad in a chair, but I jumped up and haven't been able to see him since. Could I have scared him away. I have been told that feathers are a way for them to communicate with us and I find them all of the time. They always seem to appear when me, my mother and my sister are together. Can I be doing something that is preventing him from coming through. I would appreciate any advice you can give.

• Members

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your support and seekingsolace thank u for your post it really gave me more confidence about the talks with Steven. I must say that I'm actually afraid to ask him a confirmation, because if it didn't work... I would be even more devasted.

Yesterday, I red all the posts on ADC's and other stories about NDE. Afterwards I kept asking myself, if the Other Side is so much better, why bother living here. The Other Side mean no more pain, only love and be together again with Steven. Now I can't stop thinking about my time to leave. I'm even hoping it won't take long before I die. I don't want to live long anymore. I don't want to kill myself neither, because it won't be fair for my family and I just don't have the courage to do it. But I'm praying my time to come, as soon as possible.

I won't be the only one thinking like that. I don't have kids to raise, I don't have anything. Just pain. I told my father that I didn't fear death anymore and he totally agreed, he said: Death isn't scary, life is.

Seekingsolace, what's making living here better than the Other Side/Heaven. Do we have to learn something here before making it there? I know for sure that Steven was a better person than me. He gave unconditional love, helped everyone in need. When we argued it was always me who started it, and he could always stay calm and make it better. Do we have to deserve to die?

• Members

Hi again,

I was just thinking about something and wanted to share...

I can't dream about my boyfriend. He was only a few times in my dream, like for 2 second. I can't even remember something. I only had one dream of him, two weeks after his death. But I don't know if it was a visit or a message.

In my dream, he survived the accident but had brain damages. I remember crying a lot, I was happy to have him back, I was holding him in my arms with my head on his chest. He looked sad because I was crying, he cried but the tears didn't come. Then I was sitting on the back seats of a car with him. He was listening to music or something with headsets. And he laughed like a kid. I just screamed: look his laughing, his happy. And than thinking: it doesn't matter that he is disabled, he's alive, I love him, I will take care of him. Then his mum said: it doesn't matter, he will only live for 2 months...

When I wake up, I was sad but I was thinking that he wouldn't want to live like that and that I was selfish to ratter have him alive with brain damages than death... It sounds sick, I know...

I really try to dream about him. He is always the last one in my mind before sleeping, actually I think the all day about him. Why can't I dream about him, I mean a good dream. It doesn't even have to be a visit or a message, I just want to have a dream about our daily life together... I only have weird dreams about stupid stuff that doesn't matter...

Tomorrow it will be 1 month that he's gone... Is it to soon for me to dream about him?

• Members

Hi to you too Seekingsolace. And to everyone else. I took a three day beach vacation with my mom, sister and son. (Well we drove up late afternoon, stayed one day and left next morning.) I thought I would have a chance to be serene enough to talk to my brother but no. We stayed busy the whole time and the place we stayed in was not like the pictures that were advertised! Rusty medicine cabinets, wallpaper peeling, water in the bottom of refridge, sliding glass door had hole punctured through right beside the lock so that it looked like it could be lifted! And there was much more, but won't bore you all with that. The beach was nice and the water felt good and the strong ocean breeze was wonderful.

I haven't heard those cracks at night since I had that experience where I felt like my brother was here next to me and I asked him not to do that because it scared me. This is exciting news but also I am a little depressed about it because I feel a hesitation to actually try to communicate with him again. I have talked to him at different times but I haven't really RELAXED and opened completely up to it so I can hear him...I think I am scared of something but I don't know for sure what...maybe like Elena82 said, if it didn't work I would be upset.

I kind of thought he might come to me in a dream, but if he has I haven't remembered the dream! I have always had very strange and vivid dreams since I was in my teenage years. I used to tell him about them and he was interested but then would joke about them to me because he didn't have a clue why I had them or what to do about them either! It would be very fitting that he come to me in a dream. I did have a strange thing happen about 4 or 5 nights ago in a dream, I was having a bad feeling dream about people I didn't know... don't remember all of the details, but an old kind white haired woman all of a sudden was sitting next to me on a couch and put her arm around me and comforted me and gave me a hug where I wanted to cry but felt a feeling of such peace and comfort come over me that I couldn't cry. I felt like it was significant...real...but the dream before that wasn't anything I felt was real and I didn't recognize the woman. I wonder if it could have been one of my grandmother's or great grandmother's. I never new any of them.

Gotta run,

Bless you all,

Laura (anne)

Hi to you lauraa!

• Members
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your support and seekingsolace thank u for your post it really gave me more confidence about the talks with Steven. I must say that I'm actually afraid to ask him a confirmation, because if it didn't work... I would be even more devasted.

Yesterday, I red all the posts on ADC's and other stories about NDE. Afterwards I kept asking myself, if the Other Side is so much better, why bother living here. The Other Side mean no more pain, only love and be together again with Steven. Now I can't stop thinking about my time to leave. I'm even hoping it won't take long before I die. I don't want to live long anymore. I don't want to kill myself neither, because it won't be fair for my family and I just don't have the courage to do it. But I'm praying my time to come, as soon as possible.

I won't be the only one thinking like that. I don't have kids to raise, I don't have anything. Just pain. I told my father that I didn't fear death anymore and he totally agreed, he said: Death isn't scary, life is.

Seekingsolace, what's making living here better than the Other Side/Heaven. Do we have to learn something here before making it there? I know for sure that Steven was a better person than me. He gave unconditional love, helped everyone in need. When we argued it was always me who started it, and he could always stay calm and make it better. Do we have to deserve to die?

Dear Elena82,

While I can't pretend to know the answers to your questions, it has always struck me that many people who have made life good for others do seem to leave here sooner, although this theory also seems to fall apart when considering animals' contributions.With people, I wonder if that's why they say that the miserable ones seem to hang on for so long? (for example, my father has never been liked, much less loved, by anyone who's ever known him, but he's still here) However, I know the feeling well that you spoke of; wanting to leave yourself ASAP but without taking active measures to see it happen. I've suffered this with 3 deaths so far. All I can tell you is that the feeling gradually went away over time. It did help that I had my remaining furgirl to take the best of care of since she got ill after her brother's 'graduation' to another plane. I've also recently found that my relationship with my husband must improve if I am to rid myself of that feeling of despair for the future without my loved ones who have crossed over. So I guess it helps if there's something or someone to give your life more reason. They also say that upon the deaths of your parents, that feeling of meaninglessness almost universally rears its ugly head with most people, as it has with the death of my Mother. But I'm still here, still struggling with things and feelings and hoping that some day I'll be able to see if there was a good enough reason for all of this to have occured the way it did. I'm sorry your pain is so fresh - there's nothing worse and I understand how difficult it is to go on every day. Just know that you're not alone in these feelings - we all suffer to some extent.

• Members

Hi Lauraanne,

Glad to hear you finally got your beachy trip done...although....yah, nice place! Well,at least the beach itself was nicer!

What I think is significant in your dream was the FEELING this woman imparted to you -- comfort, care, concern, peace. It reminds me of dreams I had with both my brother and my furboy. No matter the chaos going on around us, with my furboy there was ALWAYS the feeling that he was FINE, I didn't have to worry about his safekeeping anymore; with my brother, there was just that feeling of complete SUPPORT that I so desperately wanted in waking life.( Is there any way you can find out if you had a relative who would look like her? )And by the way, (another commonality with us) I also have always had (since even younger than you) crazy dreams; still do for the most part. When I have one now that follows somewhat logical sequences or doesn't jump around so much from one crazy thing to another, I sit up and take real notice. That's partly how I know the last dream about my Mom wasn't just a dream! Another reason I knew was because of, again, the FEELING - I don't normally feel like that in waking life. I think it's sort of like working with symbols - although I have a dream/symbols book or two, I often find that the feeling behind the symbols ends up being more important than the symbol itself, also because sometimes the symbol doesn't even seem right. Maybe you could ask yourself, in a quieter moment, after revisiting the dream in your head, what did it SEEM to be saying to you? Hope some of this helps, and glad you're still on this board!

• Members

Swede1,

Thanks. I felt like it was the feeling that I got from this woman in my dream that was so important too. It seemed real and it just flat out interupted my other dream which was a bad dream anyway. One of my grandmothers never got old enough to look like that, (I was told today by my mom). And my other grandmother was taller and had a longer face. So if it was real, then it was a great grandmother or great aunt or somebody else I don't know. There was this old lady that used to sit with me when I was about 5 that I think may have looked like that! Mrs. Kale. I just remembered. Because she used to wear her hair up in a bun with those hair combs and I would take them out and "fix" her hair. I am going to check with my mom on this one. Hmmmmm...Thanks again! I probably wouldn't have thought of her if I hadn't been putting my thoughts down here.

I have a dream book that I bought years ago, I had another one that was pretty good but I think my boyfriend at the time kept it. This one never even comes close with my dreams. Thank you for the advice. I am glad you are still here too!

Laura (anne)

• Members

Laura (anne),

I have to laugh everytime I read your name. It's is so funny to me that we are both here....I lost my dad and mom last year and I can hear them both calling me and it was Laura Anne or if my mom was pissed at me she would always say Laurie Anne. Is that a coincidence? I don't think there is such a thing. Anyway, I have been reading everyone's post here and I know the pain and sorrow you all are going thru. It is the most difficult thing we will ever have to go thru.I lost both my parents last along with my husband. Loosing my husband is by far the "puncture wound" in my heart! I have been in such deep grief for my loss of him that I haven't even begun to grieve for my parents. We all have to get thru it the best we know how...and that is probally the problem as most people haven't any experience with death and even when we do it is still devastating. I was numb the first year. I was also alone alot mostly by choice as it was to painful to see that life goes on and I couldn't put myself out there to deal with it...it was all I could do to get thru the grocery store....I do deal with anxiety but I think for the most part I'm doing a good/better job with it. I try to make sleeping a priority just so I don't get up as exhausted as I went to bed. The one and only thing that has helped me is reading books on the "after life" and know that they live on. I have had readings from mediums (the real deals)that has confirmed to me without a doubt that my husband lives on and is with me and our 3 kids. They have told me things that they would never have known because they didn't know me or any circumstances about us. I was told that a woman understood what I was going thru and she was there to meet my husband when he "crossed over"....and this woman said she wanted me to know that she knew what I was going thru....That was my husbands grandmother who raised him and she herself lost 2 husbands....so many other things were confirmed over and over again. My husband showed his face to me in our bedroom window about 4 months after he "passed". And I also had a dream that my husband was standing with me at his funeral and we both were looking at his casket and he said to me. "I am not there". So he is coming thru to me to convey that life does go on and that he is happy and healthy without sickness or pain. His biggest suffering was leaving his family that he loved so much and I know my life will never ever be the same. I know we grieve as deeply as we loved. I am realizing that the only thing that is going to get me thru this is LOVE. Love my kids. Love my cat. Love my dog. Love my friends. Love that I only have TODAY. I cry. No, I sob! I miss him with every fiber in my body. And, I miss everybody that I've lost in this life. I will pray for you and everybody here who needs support. We should all make a prayer list and pray for everyone because I know the power of prayer truely works.

• Members

Lauraa~

Thank you for that post. It was very helpful to me.

I hurt so much like you described and there is something comforting about the statement~ we grieve as deeply as we loved.

One thing that I would like to ask all of you, I keep reading about mediums and how people checked them out first to make sure that they were real...Well how do you do that? Years ago I set out looking to talk to my dad and ran into several crazies! So I gave up. I DO believe that God gives different gifts to different people and that some people have that special gift. But first of all how do you find someone at all, (not the yellow pages?), and then how do you make sure you have someone who is real?

Thank you,

Laura (anne)

• Members

Lauraanne,

First of all I found a site. www.bestpsychicmediums.com------I read it over and over until one of them resonated with me. I even emailed the editor of the site and chatted with him. Then I thought about it, sat with it for several months. Then when I felt I made the decision I called one of them and she was wonderful. She even suggested to me that I wasn't ready at all for a reading then I waited for awhile. I continued to read books about the "afterlife" so I would feel more comfortable and ready because sometimes as I understand they don't always go the way we hope. It has put me on a path to where I know they are real. Just like any profession or calling there are "always" the ones who are "quacks" and take advantage but not where I am. They believe in god and feel they have been given a gift. They aren't trying to turn anyone away from god. They feel no-one dies but that we physically shed our bodies and we live on and we live on in a place where there is no more suffering. When you get right down to it that was my belief anyway but when we are knocked down to as low as we can get grieving the loss of our loved ones if you are anything like me you need to know for sure. I have had many many times now when things were told to me that there is no way that anybody else would have known the things they verified to me. Keep reading any and all books on the subject. It has truely been a lifesaver for me. I think the hardest part with this grieving is all the stages that we need to get thru but for me the hardest was and still is that I am angry with god and I must admit the lowest point in my life. Grieving the loss of my dad and my husband (my two best friends in the whole world)and not having one of them to help me thru the loss of the other and being upset with god when I have relied on god my entire life has been the most profoundly lowest time of my life. I am working hard to concur this and come out with my faith intact. Seekingsolace has also shed alot of light on

this subject which has helped me because I know there are authentic people out there who have good intentions and that is to truely help grieving people. It is a gift and I feel god has given that to certain people. I also went with my own intuition when it came time to pick a medium and it was so right. Good luck.

• Members

lauraa,

Thank you. I will check it out. Seekingsolace has been very helpful to me too. I am just having trouble calming down enough and finding time around my child to do it myself and I feel the need to hear from my brother. My brother's girlfriend has caused much (more) grief in our family and I really need to get strong enough to deal with it properly.

In God's strength, wisdom, and protection,

Laura

• Members

Lauraa,

Just a really PRACTICAL question about the medium you chose.....did your reading break the bank? I've looked at that very site MANY times, but never acted because one I did check out in the U.S.(can't remember if she's on that site, too)was charging over $300 U.S. (much more in Cdn. funds!)for less than an hour's worth. I've used animal communicators many times, so know when they're good, it's well worth it. For me, I'd have to budget for THREE readings; Mom, cat (again- it's been 5 yrs since the last one) and brother, so expense is definitely a high consideration!

• Members

Swede1,

I love the name....furboy. That is so cute! I think with the mediums you have to be careful. Mostly I think we have to use our good intuition. I don't have alot of money to spend on that so we need to be wise. There are people out there who would take advantage but I'm sure that is in everything. Just like I think alot of them have god given talents and want to help people grieving. We were also given the gift of discernment....There are Spiritual churches if you can find one and I'm sure they are all different as well but you will find mediums there and they do readings randomly at their services. I have found the services to be extremely spiritual and meditative....that is where I feel drawn and where I always connect to my husband and feel the most at peace. It fills my tank to help get me thru this awful grieving. It is real! They don't believe you die but that we shed our physical bodies and our spirits live on...that was my belief anyway but after my losses I was so devastated that I needed to know more and these people confirmed to me just by telling me things over and over again by different ones things they would never have known in a trillion years. It has help to carry me this year. No, I have not spent alot cause I won't cause I can't. Hope this helps. Let me know. Good luck.

• Members

Dear Seekingsolace,

I'll have to think more about my signs patterns, etc. (been too busy of late to sit down and ponder that). However, something struck me....according to The Course, there is no such thing really as TIME, and things can happen all at the same 'time'(past, present, future), so to speak...so does this mean that once you're in the spirit world you can manipulate time? I know that more modern physics allows for this collapsing of time. Just kind of wondering if a loved one can manipulate things/events to get a sign to you by 'playing' with time?

Also, another Course question would be: if ultimately there is only ONE of us here (or anywhere!) because we're all ONE, with no separation between 'parts', then how is it, even in the spirit world, we seem to have different souls/soul personalities? I would have thought that once you return to spirit, you'd sort of blend into that melting pot of Oneness, especially since you'd now know the truth about WHO you are....so wonder how you could possibly retain any vestige of separate ANYTHING?

And just an observation: It might sound strange, [unless this is a part of the fear of God(ness)], but it strikes me as rather frightening to think that in 'time' we will all return to true wholeness/Oneness....because wouldn't that seem terribly LONELY, KNOWING that there's no one else there and there never will be, and that we're only playing with OURSELF?!?!?!

Any help you could give me on these things would be great, as those concepts have driven me crazy for years. I couldn't even get help with these from a local woman who claims to know the Course inside-out and who was teaching it.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Everyone.

Apologies for my absence ...I've had a very, very sick dog on my hands for the last while and the last week has been particularly challenging. She went temporarily blind on top of an underlying chronic renal failure so I had to think fast on my medical feet to save her sight. Thankfully it has returned and she is more stable again in the last 24 hours. Giving her the proper care and support has been a bit of a marathon to say the least but thankfully the strength always comes from the Big Kahuna and recharges my battery.

I just wanted to let you all know that I am here and will reply to your postings within the next few days. It is good to see so much activity in the group : )

A hug to all of you ...

• Members
noidofmyown

Seekingsolace: I'm glad your dog is more stable now. Just wanted you to know that you have been a BIG HELP to all of us.

Swede1 and seekingsolace: If I may ask, what is the course you are referring to?

to both Lauras:you two really do have alot of similarities. Although I have lost both my parents, I can't even imagine the pain with losing a soulmate.

I myself have not contacted any psycics yet. I do believe that there are legitimate ones as well as "con artists" --- like with anything. I have felt myself in a spiritual state of growth the past few years. Although I do attend a church, my spirituality does not come from it. I do believe in you, seekingsolace. When my mother died and I stood next to the dying baby bunny, I experienced things hard to describe. I had previously asked God who was right --- her religion, mine, or others. The answer I "felt" was all yet none exactly.When I was younger, I used to ask 'how did Moses stand beside a burning bush and come up with all that?" I'm not trying to get religious here. Its just that what I experienced made me understand how that could be. My mother's religious beliefs were very different from my own, and one of the things I do remember is feeling that she is right, and I am right, and all the other religions out there are right, and understanding that religion is for us humans to understand these hard to grasp concepts. I remember understanding that there are some of us (not me, but you, seekingsolace) who can understand both "worlds". I understand that they exist, but alot of what I experienced at that moment faded, as it is hard to describe. It is only now, 5 years after my mom's death and a year after my dad's that I feel ready to understand.

• Members

Dear Noidofmyown (1st) and Seekingsolace (2nd),

1st:

A Course In Miracles is a set of books (3, or all 3-in-big-one) consisting of a text, workbook for students and manual for teachers, published by the Foundation for Inner Peace, that is essentially an organized transcript of teachings directly from Jesus/God, or The Voice that were spontaneously received by a psychologist (an atheist, no less)over about 7 years' time...a "kind of rapid, inner dictation" that, with one of her colleague's help(whom she first had a troubled work relationship with), was later compiled into the Course. It is a set of teachings whose purpose is to help people find their own Internal Teacher. There are lessons for each day of an entire year, as well as the general text, and the teachers' manual for those that have 'got' the teachings well enough to help enlighten others. It is meant more as a STARTING point, not as an end to the learning. It's main premise is "Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God." If it sounds interesting, it certainly is, and blew me away on many fronts. Although I've never managed to even get through the entire year even once (I've restarted it a few times), and I don't 'get' every concept it contains, its teachings are the only things so far I've ever found that explain some of the hardest questions I've had about both religions and the Bible...although I seem to have found some, either discrepancies, or just sticky points that appear to contradict, but this may just be the way I've read it. I attempted to take a year-long 'course' in the Course :-) from one of the people who 'teach' it, but I wasn't happy with the way she led the group, so quit as she wasn't helping me understand it much better.

2nd: Oh, I'm so SORRY you've had such an illness to contend with...I understand, as my remaining furgirl also has kidney disease (although we treat her homeopathically/holistically, with quite good results for the past 5 years since diagnosed). I know I, too, drop everything whenever her care requires my undivided attention! Of course, she's the most important 'person' in the world to me...I consider her my daughter - and a wonderful, loving, furry daughter she IS!! I hope things stay stable for your doggie, and I add, take your time getting to my questions cuz I don't ever mind any animal taking precedence. Even a Guide needs a break when earthly duty calls!

Hope everyone else is doing alright, too. I never did find time to reply to all, as I had planned. Sorry about that.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Everyone.

It is good to finally have a chance to write to all of you today. My dog is still needing icu care from me but she is stable thankfully and, God willing, will continue to be. Thanks for all your wonderful words of support : )

A warm welcome to Songbird [see 6.28.05]. Please feel free to write to us here anytime. We are here to help in any way that we can.

My comments to each of you are below:

For Songbird: I wanted to mention up front that the dreams you have had of your grandparents do not sound like "dreams" to me ...they sound like "visits". They fit that picture succinctly [i.e. the vivid & real quality to them].

I know that you are desperate to communicate with your father and you have been wondering if you are doing something that is preventing him from coming through to you. The most common thing that does that for people is fear of contact or the method/manner of contact. Do you have any fear around your father's method of contacting you? [if so ..I can make some suggestions around this]. I wondered about this point since he does tend to give signs with the feathers when both you, your mother, and sister are together [signs that come through when earth beings have company are often less frightening for everyone and more easily validated ...].

Another reason why people in spirit can have difficulty getting through is because of unresolved stuff that you might have with them. I realize that that is a very personal thing but, if you suspect something like that, the key is to resolve that thing and then the messages can get through. I realize I am being general right now. I can provide more details on the "how" once I have more specifics from you [if it's too personal, you are welcome to e me privately at illuminatumm@hotmail.com].

I do know that your father IS coming through. That I would like to you to hold solid to. This WILL happen for you. There IS always an answer. I am very tenacious about finding it as I know it's just sorting out this and that and then it happens. I do know as well that the communication challenges are usually on the part of the "receiver" not the "sender" ...mainly because the receiver is in Earth [physical] form still and can feel that telepathic communication is foreign/new so they have a greater learning curve than people in spirit.

As for why the dreams from your grandparents came so often to you and why those with your father have not as of yet ...I would need to hear more about your relationship with your grandparents and how their death affected you and then the same with you and your father. I think that will start to clarify things.

When your dad came to you as you were drifting off to sleep and then, when you saw him and bolted awake, he was no longer in your vision ...This is a common occurrence. It is much easier for people in spirit to get our attention when our "day" mind is turned off [ie. while drifting to sleep for instance] ...then when it turns back on, if it is filled with much noise, the signal from them is interrupted.

I have a feeling that your mind might be full of stuff right now and perhaps your father can't get through because of the volume. Perhaps the same thing is happening at night in your dreamworld ...There is too much other stuff in your mind right now for the dreamworld to have even quiet for his transmission to be heard.

By the way, I believe your father is choosing feathers as a sign because they are meaningful to you or him in some way. Was he a birdwatcher? Or are you? Or some other thing that has to do with birds? or flight? The signs come a certain way because of personal meaning.

Feel free to write more on this to us. An answer is there for you.

For Elena 82 [see 6.28.05]: It's understandable that you don't feel like living here without Steven physically present. I do believe though that, if technology were already in place that would fully allow you to communicate with him, to compare notes of the Other Side and Earth, your experience right now would be completely different. Communication being so seemingly cut off right now produces only a pain that you know [because everyone's experience is different]. I know that this will all be different in 100 years. Communication technology will catch up. We are just a little behind the times right now. Thankfully though, we can work with the inherit communication system that we have wired inside us now. We don't have to wait for technology. It's just about learning skills in the now.

As far as what Earth vs the Other Side have to offer. There is something potentially exquisite about a physical reality ...and something equally exquisite about a non-physical reality. We on earth haven't yet achieved the exquisite in our physical reality because we forget who we are, who we all are [ie. beings of light and eternal wisdom] ...We struggle with emotions ..the main one is fear ..and this creates a lot of pain for us. Our minds create a lot of pain for us. And this all produces the physical reality of the earth right now. But this will change too. And it changes first on an individual level. We need to decide to see the light in ourselves and on the earth. It's really hard sometimes, I know ...because we suffer, we hurt ... a LOT. I won't go on more about this right now because I would take up pages. Hopefully this starts to give you some food for thought though. My heart goes out to all of us in the physical. We are trying our very best ...We need to keep that in mind. And be loving to ourselves.

For Lauraanne [see 6.28.05]: your white haired lady in your 'dream' ..I believe that she was a 'visitor' from the Other Side. Either a relative of some sort, Mrs Kale, or a person assigned to look after you from the Other Side. She gave you a lot of love in that visit. She means well for you.

It is good to hear that your brother has stopped the cracks at night : ) He listened to your request. When you feel more comfortable, you can speak with him again about other contact. Just take your time. You are wise to note that you are probably scared of something right now. Trust in yourself. And trust in your brother. And then get out of your own way and let nature take it's course. You are wired for this stuff.

For Lauraa [see 6.28.05, 6.29.05, 6.27.05]: What an incredibly profound and accurate thing to say ..."We grieve as deeply as we love". Thank-you for sharing that with us.

The fact that you keep seeing your husband's face and your father's silhouette is phenomenal. I know that you are aiming for being able to directly talk to them. In answer to your question if you are crazy or not ...NO ..you are NOT crazy. You are a lady with a lot of determination that would like to have a strong connection with people that she loves. It is that simple. I think it IS possible for you. The key is to keep trying. I'm not going into a huge pile of specifics around this right now because it would take up more BI post room that I am already taking up. But I do promise you that I will give you a reference to more detailed information in this regard once I have it prepared.

I know you mentioned [6.29.05] that you are really angry at God and that has been really hard for you. Have you spoken to God about that at all? When people are angry at God, they often stop talking to him altogether and that doesn't get them very far. Just keeping talking to him ....Even just to let him know how ticked off you are. It's ok to be angry at God. The Big Kahuna can handle it!! And do know that just because you are angry at God, doesn't mean he's gone anywhere. He has an infinite amount of patience. So spit at him, cuss at him, do your worst ...He can handle it. Just know that he IS there. Whether you like it or not. And blame him if you need to but do know that God is NOT to blame for every death. Sometimes we just bite off the hand that feeds us because it looks like the one that hurt us on another day ...but we could be wrong.

Making sense of [or even just "being"] why both you father and your husband are not with you in the physical must be one of the most brutal things you have ever gone through. My heart goes out to you.

For Swede 1 [see 7.1.05, 7.3.05, 6.21.05]: Thank-you for your kind words and support around my dog. I have always thought of her as my child. Animals are incredible beings of light : ) Blessings to your furboy and furgirl.

Although I am somewhat familiar with the Course in Miracles, I am not an expert on it by any means. I would say I only have a beginners familiarity with the book however, the principles/questions you ask about, I can try to answer. In other words, if you have a question about the Course, for me, I will take it as a question about God/Big Kahuna and/or the makings of the universe and that IS something I can try to assist with independant of my knowledge of how the Course was intended.

You had asked if, in spirit, you can manipulate time. YES. We can do the same while in the physical body. Sounds odd? It does to me too. But yet I have had first hand experience with it many times as have many of you although you probably don't know it. Have any of you ever had the experience of "time passing slowly" or "time passing quickly?" That is a common example of time manipulation. I once had to arrive at an appointment and I knew I was extremely late and I knew it would take me 20 minutes to drive there [i had done the trek before and it always took that long]. That day the clock registered a 5 minute drive yet that was physically impossible. Yet, before I left, I set my intention to arrive to the appointment on time and to take my time driving. I turned on my stereo and did not look at a clock until I arrived there. An example of time warping when in physical body. There is much about time our planet has yet to learn. It will be interesting to see how things change as more knowledge/remembrance is attained.

You had also asked about "seperation" versus being "ONE". My experience of the Other Side is that there is variations/differences with EACH individual soul but that we are all connected. So it is not that only seperation exists or only oneness but rather both. "One-ness" according to my experience is the state that is felt when complete connection occurs between each other. We are only all part of one being to the extent that we have a shared experience and a deep connection within the same universe ...Each and every part of the universe is dependant/interconnected upon the other. The tears of one person are felt by all if we really consciously tune into that.

You had asked in a much earlier posting [see 6.21.05] for me to elaborate more on "soul personality" vs "human personality". The soul personality would be analagous to only the deeply wise parts of a person, whereas the human personality would be only a fraction of the wise parts [because the wisdom is held strongly in the unconscious and weakly in the conscious mind and most people don't know how to easily access that wisdom or how to trust in it when it speaks to them] and the rest of "ego" parts [ie. fear and societal based behaviour /programming to get ourselves love and acceptance].

_________

For Noidofmyown [see 7.2.05]: Thank-you for your kind words : ) If I can help you in any way in terms of understanding of either of the worlds that you speak of, I will try my very best. Please know that you already have an incredible wisdom already present within you. I am merely a Guide to help you access it and trust in it. Your "feeling" was right. There is much more of that within you. Trust in that.

Apologies for the very, very long entry today! I hope I haven't left anyone out. Please let me know if I have. Take care everyone. Remember to trust in your senses.

• Members

Hi Seekingsolace and everyone here,

Seekingsolace, thank you... If you knew how much your posts mean to me (us)...

BTW... I saw Steven. Only once. But i'll never forget it. It only lasted 2 sec. But it was 'so' him! :-)

For who is wondering 'how': I came late home friday night, and when being in the bathroom, he stood there, in the darkest spot in the bathroom. I immediately recognized his lenght, his clothing. I couldn't see his face... But after looking, I jumped and he desappeared... Although I wasn't afraid, it's weird :-) I'm so thankful that he's staying with me... I love him so much :-)

I have my ups and downs, but i'll get through it (mainly because his spirit stays with me)...

To everyone here: Keep ya' head up ;-) This site is a blessing...

Elena

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Elena [Elena 82].

That's great! Which Friday did Steven make contact with you? Just this past Friday? Cool!!

It's common for the visit to be interrupted as soon as you are jolted [although it's perfectly normal to be jolted]. But, if you are open to that sort of contact, just let him know and tell him that, should you be jolted again, to try to keep visiting anyways if he can. If he can't, then to try again another time.

Wonderful news : )

• Members

Yes this past Friday :-)

I really hope he will come again.

But I was wondering, how come I saw his fysical body? How does this work?

And you were right... I had nothing on my mind, wasn't thinking about anything as I was so tired... that's why he came through.

But I really find it difficult to clear my mind... any suggestions?

Elena

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Elena [Elena 82]

That's great! I had a feeling that Steven's visit was recent.

To empty your mind, you could try staring at a candle flame for a while at least once a day. 5 minutes is enough. Please do not do it while you are sleepy as it can be dangerous. Full day light is best. Candle flames have a relaxing effect on the mind to the point of emptying it a fair amount if not completely [while you are looking into the flame]. A fire in a fireplace can have the same effect for some people but I often find the simplicity of a candle is more so.

I can make other suggestions as well but you might want to start with this and report back your findings. I would suggest trying this for the next week, each day, and see what happens. When you look into the flame, do tell Steven that you are doing this exercise daily to give him a chance to have your full attention so he can contact you. Do let him know that you are ok with the full body physical visual that you had before [if you are] or any other way that he can communicate with you ...as long as it is clear & understandable to you. And then be patient and wait. 5 min a day to start is good enough.

If you find that looking into the candle flame does not still your mind at all, then please do not repeat that method ...Just feel free to report back and I'll send some other ideas your way.

You had asked how you were able to see his physical body and how that works. I don't have a physics precision answer for you but I can tell you from my experience with the Other Side that people in spirit like to appear to us in a form that we are familiar with. Because the spirit is a form of light energy, in that form, a person has many choices in terms of how they appear to us. It's sort of like your ability to choose which clothes you will wear for the day or choosing to wear your hair differently on a different day.

Steven is with you. Trust in that.

• Members

Seekingsolace, thank you for your reply. Until this point, I have still been unnable to receive contact from my father. I think that the feathers are a true sign from him. I have a friend who follows American Indian culture and spirituality. They believe that falling feathers are a sign from the spirits and Hawk feathers have great healing powers. When my father was in the hospital, he brought us a Hawks feather to keep under his pillow. My mother would put it there everyday and she still keeps it in her purse. I know they told us he was in a deep coma with no knowledge of us being there, but I do think he could hear us.

As for my relationship with my grandparents, we were very close. I spent alot of time with them growing up, because my parents both worked. I was with them all of the time and they held a very special place in my heart. My father also became ill very young. I was 11 when he had his first heart surgery. After that it was many years of him in and out of hospitals. He had 4 strokes and his ability to communicate in life was very difficult for him. He always overcame every obstical in his way. I never met anyone with such determination in my life. I learned alot from him, even when he wasn't trying to teach me anything. The problem is, I don't know if he ever really knew how much respect I had for him. With all of his sickness over he years, his death was an accident and very unexpected. I hadn't seen him right before it happened and never got to talk to him before he died. (He choked and lost oxygen to his brain for over 10 minutes). I would speak to him everyday in the hospital and I let him know that it was ok to let go. He was very clear about his wishes and did not want to be kept on life support. Although it was his decision, I still can't help but feel like we made the choice. I am left wondering if we gave up on him and if he is upset with me in any way. Iknow this is alot of stuff at once, but there has got to be something I can do to allow him to come through. I am very tired at night and once my head hits the pillow, I am out. I awake with no recollection of dreams or anything. My head is full and my heart heavier. I appreciate your help, for myself and everyone on this site.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Songbird. And a hello to everyone else as well.

It is good to hear from you again : ) I do agree with you ...the feathers are indeed a sign from your dad. For me that was confirmed with the story of the Hawk's feather that he requested be placed under his pillow in the hospital. Feathers are meaningful to him so he is using them to communicate with all of you.

It could be that he is choosing to communicate with you, your mother and sister when you are all together because, when you are alone, you are simply not fully available [because you are so tired and your mind and heart are so heavy and full]. He is probably choosing to make contact at a time when he knows there is a greater likelihood of you noticing. I have a feeling that he has probably already tried to make contact with you alone but perhaps you have missed the communication [This is very, very common by the way].

As for what to do now ...At the risk of sounding redundant [because I say this next part to almost everyone], make time daily that is "father time". Just 1min to start or 5 min to start is ok. But make it daily. During this time [the same time of day is best because it becomes a habit], just "sit", talk to him [even if you initially don't feel like you have a reply of any sort] for a minute, then sit and listen for another minute [keep the eyes open for one of these minutes and then for another listening part, close your eyes ...That way he can choose to come to something in the visual room or in your mind]. If you don't feel like talking, that's ok too ..Just say "Dad ..I'm here waiting for you for the next 5minutes ...I would like you to contact me now ..I need a sign that you are ok".

The sleep that you are having lately sounds like what I call a "healing sleep". The sleep is really, really needed.

As far as whether your dad is upset with you or not ..I won't assume [because he can speak for himself] but I really doubt it. But, just ask him. Ask. And then ask again ...until you get an answer. Ask him to show you a "yes" and show you a "no" [give a sign for each before you ask any questions of him] so that the response is clear. I have a feeling though that you are just being too hard on yourself : ( You deserve kindness and nothing else but that.

Your Dad is used to having to use a good amount of creativity to communicate [because of his challenges in that arena in life with all of his strokes, etc] so I'm sure he will perservere in his efforts to communicate with you if you do the same. It's much easier for him to do so than for anybody on earth to receive the signs/communication.

Just be patient with yourself and it will happen.

• Members

Hello Everyone,

I haven't been here this week as my computer crashed and took some time to get it fixed...Also, I am fine but my daughter and I were in a car accident on friday...I think my vehicle is totalled but the most important thing is we are both o.k.

Seekingsolace, thank you for your thoughts. Yes, I do have times when I feel angry at god for what has happened to my husband and our lives...that has been so extremely difficult for me because I'm sure like many others when something bad happens we feel that we are being punished for possibly something we have done in our lives. And, if we show god our anger we could possibly be punished again so it is true what you say that it is not good to not commmunicate with god at all. It is a very difficult thing. I do have times when I just use avoidance because of my anger. Anger always has been an emotion that has been difficult for me...avoidance was always easier! My husband showed his face to me in our bedroom window last summer just for a moment and it was when I just sat down on the edge of our bed very tired and I just looked to the window and he showed me his face...so it is when we are relaxed and it's unexpected.

To all...thank you for all your thoughts and questions. It is helpful that there are others out there searching for answers and who have intuition about these things. We all want to see and talk with out loved one. I don't think it is going against religion(some think that). The day my husband died all the rules changed for me. I had no other choice but to look deep into my soul for the answers. I will do whatever feels right in my heart to communicate with my loved ones so that I can heal and feel confident that we will meet again. Thank you all.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Laura {Lauraa}

I am so sorry to hear about your car accident but I am relieved to know that both you and your daughter are alright.

I know that your persistence in wanting to connect with your husband WILL bring you results. It is just a matter of time, continued efforts, patience, and perhaps a little guidance along the way here and there : ) How he appeared to you in your bedroom window is remarkable : )

God can take anything that you give to him. There have been times when I was so furious at him, I just cut him off ...for a while ...and then that didn't solve anything at all. It just ended up hurting me. I know that you will work it out with him. If I can help in any way, know that I am here for you. We all are : )

Take care.

• Members

Hello Everyone,

I've been too busy of late to practise many suggestions (on 'working' holidays right now), but wanted to get a few questions down before I forget.

Seekingsolace,

I'm so happy you feel the same way about your animals as I do. Yes, they can be extremely wise, etc. My furgirl is currently trying to help me learn more about energies (according to my current Communicator)and apparently the angels are very happy with the both of us!

Re: time manipulation, 2 things: First, I tried a practical application, as per your example and it worked splendidly! I wanted to get a certain # of windows washed in a given amount of time, without killing myself, and set the exact time I'd finish in my head...and time slowed down beautifully for me! I finished EXACTLY when I wanted to! Perfect! I also heard of another example like yours, when someone had to drive a 3-hr trip IN A BLIZZARD and the clock registered something like 1 hour after they arrived. They had asked their angels to be with them on this trip, for safety, not even thinking about TIME necessarily. So thanks for that answer!

Re:soul personality; would this be ones Higher Self within?

Question: Do you know if someone can come through via someone ELSE'S body? (I suspect my furboy had done this early on.) AND I've heard of other remaining animals taking on characteristics, for example, of the passed animal in ways that were never common to them before the death of the other one. What about 'using' a stranger's body to communicate, rather than someone you personally know?

Question: How would you describe the feeling/experience of Oneness with another?

Question: (also see my general comments below about this)I don't know if you can answer this one or not, but I'll ask anyway! If you agree with my comments below, and we are a part of God, this is a sticky point I've wondered about: How could we possibly have ever been so foolish (if we share God's perfection) as to have done this to ourselves, ie. fooled ourselves into thinking we could possibly break away from God and create illusions in the first place? Any ideas on this? The idea of imperfect perfection, if you know what I mean, drives me crazy!

Lauraa,

Re: your medium; can you tell me if your reading with this person resulted in more than one loved one coming through? And was their style the type where you could have a running conversation with your loved one? Everyone has a different method/style but I prefer this kind, as it saves time and money cuz you can ask questions and ask for clarification if confused, right then and there, instead of having to rebook later. If you're willing to answer this publicly....how expensive WAS it?

For Everyone,

For everyone's interest, thought I'd mention that the Course says death isn't REAL and is just another illusion we ourselves have created to keep our egos 'stronger' than our true nature, in our consciousness - for the purpose of continuing ALL of our illusions (all the reasons of which are too long to explain here). It says God never created anything like death at all because God is loving and wouldn't do that to us. Certainly, given that we've seen our loved ones CAN and DO continue to 'talk' to us is evidence this is true...it's just that we've become so accustomed to the theories of the physical world that what's (more) Real seems more like a dream than the other way around. People keep saying that the entire world is starting to awaken to higher ways of being, and I think this forum is just another way it's happening. Kudos to us all for helping to enlighten the whole world!

• Members

For All,

Just remembered one other thing you all might benefit from. It's a BIG concept that I honestly can't remember if I read in the Course, or if I came up with it myself! (I never could find it in the Course, though I have a huge cross-referencing guide I bought to go along with the Course)

Here it is: LIFE cannot contradict ITSELF. (and therefore, death CAN'T be real) This comment even stopped my atheist former husband in his tracks!

• Members

Hi everyone,

I just typed a post and thought I posted it a while ago but when I just checked ...well I guess I hit the wrong button! That is par for the course for my life these days!

Well, Swede1,

I have a question for ya. When you say 'death can't be real', you ARE talking about death of the spirit right? Just checking...I know that sometimes I "skim read" and therefore may miss a point or two so at the risk of sounding "slow" I ask.

Lauraa,

I am so glad you are all safe. Sounds like a bad scare?! I hope the other person had insurance. Your posts are very helpful to me, thanks for being here.

Seekingsolace,

Thanks. Do you think that the candle suggestion that you gave to Elena would possibly work for me too, as well as others here? I read something in a book by a medium that said to sit in a chair and put candles in front and back and sides of you and concentrate but,(as you know already), I kinda worry about my lack of knowledge and whether bad spirits may show up or something!!! I am not sure how that works. As a child sometimes we dabbled in stuff like weje boards and seances and we would be warned about bringing bad spirits around, I guess that is where I get that worry from.

Everyone thank you for your posts, it helps me so much to read about your experiences and contacts. It gives me hope.

Laura (anne)

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Everyone.

For Swede1: I will get back to your posting shortly.

For Lauraanne: The candle technique you read about in the book is quite different from the single candle technique that I mentioned to Elena82 [see a few paragraphs below for more on the single candle thing] but I can certainly understand your confusion. My apologies for not being clearer.

Of course you feel worried. No wonder! I could be wrong, but in my opinion, seances/ouji boards, and surrounding yourself with a bunch of candles are dangerous. For me, it's analagous to leaving the front door of your house open all night so anyone can walk in whereas contacting your loved one directly is like giving them and only them a key to your house.

[Perhaps I shouldn't comment on this because it's really not my area at all but, for the sake of safety, I will put my neck on the line with this one. Anyone out there who has a different viewpoint on this has a right to their opinion as well. I can respect that. I am not an expert on this so I could be wrong.]

Back to the single candle technique. In short .. yes ...you could use the same technique that I outlined for Elena82. Note though that the candle is just an "assistant" to help empty your mind. A candle doesn't have to be used for this ...anything that is mezmerizing/hypnotic/stillness-inducing for you can do the same ...It could be looking into a fishtank, or sitting in front of a fountain, or under a tree outside, or looking at a screensaver that stills the senses. It does not have to be a candle. I only mentioned the candle because it tends to be quite effective for people at quieting the mind. The candle does not "bring" people in spirit in ...It just helps you clear your mind so you can more easily hear your loved ones if they have a message for you.

Please do not use a candle at all if candles are uncomfortable for you in any way. Laura Anne, because of your experience around seances and what you read in that book, for you, I would advise one of the other techniques that I mentioned above. The way neural networks work in the brain is, if you have something negative/scary attached to something [ie. like a candle] then, despite your best intentions, the fear can still come up. And the idea of stilling/emptying the mind is peace ...not fear. Do you have something that you can put in front of you and look at/hear/smell that you know effectively stills your mind? I would love to hear about your ideas. All this sort of thing requires is some creative thinking. Please feel free to let me know what you think.

• Members

Swede1,

The medium I talked with was really good. She was the one who had the contact with my husband not me...she relayed his messages to me. And, she never said it was my husband but the things that she told me verified to me that it was him and they were things she couldn't have known. SHe taped the session for me. Also, a woman came thru in the reading and she thought it was a grandmother but wasn't sure and I verified to her that it was my husbands grandmother..again, she told me things to verify to me that it was her and the medium wouldn't have known. It made a me a believer. Her cost was $250./hr. I went once. I would absolutely love to have a conversation going back and forth with my husband or dad. I know they are with me but I think my energy can be dense at times just with my grieving and all the stress associated with my loss. I'm sure it is the same for all of us here. My husband is with me and I have seen his face in our bedroom window. He came to me in a dream. He was standing with me in my dream at his funeral and we were looking at his casket and he said, "I'm not there". That dream I think he was trying to tell me he didn't die. And, I believe that and will never say he died..."he passed on". On his grave marker I put, "Until We Meet Again". I believe that and it's probally the one thing that has helped me to get thru this first year without him. Besides our 3 kids. I just know he is with me, I feel him and I talk with him all the time. I just want to see him again walking. I did last week when I was relaxed and my eyes were closed...he was walking toward me, smiling and the sun was shining brightly on him...It was his way of telling me he is o.k.

I just want to see him again with my eyes opened and I want to talk with him. It's my goal, no pressure...it will come when it is suppose to. Hope all is well in your world. And I want everyone to know how much this site helps me. Keep writing!

• Members

Hi Lauraanne,

Good question, and essentially, yes, the spirit....but the Course goes deeper than that, saying in essence that because we and everything you see IS just like our Maker, there IS nothing BUT spirit. We just think there is, think we're really bodies. It's like that saying that we are really spiritual beings having a human experience, or as some ancient beliefs say, that we, this earth, everything in it is just Gaia, or consciousness at play. And so, what ISN'T real is the body...and death. Physical death is as unreal, in the REAL reality ;-) as physical life. Our true, and real nature is spirit and we've just made ourselves forget this. I hope I've said this so it makes sense. The trick to remembering who we really are is constant, minute-to-minute acknowledgement of this idea.(very difficult for us, as we're so used to thinking the opposite things!) Hope this helps.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi again everyone.

I'm certainly posting a lot today. I hope you don't get sick of me : )

For Swede1: Sounds like your time experiment worked out well for you : ) That's great!

The "soul personality" would indeed be the "higher self" within ..yes.

I don't have enough expertise on the "one person coming through another" thing to comment unfortunately.

Re the feeling of "Oneness" ... It is very difficult to put into words. It is best experienced. I will work on sorting out a way to help people experience that. The key is to experience it. Words will be a start though ...for now. Ok. The closest thing I can think of to the feeling of "Oneness" is having a deep, profoundly deep love that you share with someone. This is about 30% of the feeling of "Oneness". Remember that what I say is only my personal experience of it ...It might not be yours. Please remember to trust in your own senses. I am just a guide.

"Oneness" is, for a moment, no longer being separate. When we are separate, we feel the wind separate from us. Yet when we are part of a "oneness" , for a moment, you become the wind. You become the blade of grass, the tree. I know this might be rather funky to conceptualize. Like I said ..it is to be experienced to be truly "known" and understood. Trying to explain it is analogous to trying to explain how you are able to smell a flower to someone, or exactly how an apple tastes, or how the wind feels. It can be done but it's quite challenging. I hope what I have written here tonight at the very least generates some food for thought.

Your last question was about breaking away from God and our creating illusions ..how could we have done this if we are a part of God. Did I paraphrase this question correctly? You said that "imperfect perfection" drives you crazy. I think I know what you mean but I would rather not assume. Can you elaborate more for me and then I can comment further? [i think you are drawing from the Course but, as I said earlier, I only have a beginner's sense of it]

• Members

Seekingsolace,

I understand "oneness". I felt it with my husband. I cried when I just read your post. It's hard to go on when you know that kind of love and it is snatched away...The world feels so lonely. That's why I say, "we grieve as deep as we loved". "Oneness"...I knew it well. "Soulmates". I'm trying to make sense of things now and breathing is difficult in my search. I guess that is grieving, huh! I wonder what lessons I need to learn from this. Why does living on this earth seem so hard? Is that what we need to experience in order to know the joy when we "pass on" to the "otherside"? I wonder that alot. Why would my husband have to suffer so profoundly so young and to such a wonderful man? These are the questions that irritate me daily thru my grieving. Why were our goals and dreams interupted? Does the Big Kahuna answer any of these questions for you when you connect with him? I need a crash course from you to help with this. What do you think really helps people to heal from their losses with your experience and knowledge of what you know? I want to tap into this and find out....I have had alot of stress this past week so I have not been able meditate and work of messages from my love ones but maybe soon I can practice. Thanks for your care and insight...as I so appreciate it. I hear everything you are saying. I know I am very intuitive and it will come.

• Members

Your last question was about breaking away from God and our creating illusions ..how could we have done this if we are a part of God. Did I paraphrase this question correctly? You said that "imperfect perfection" drives you crazy. I think I know what you mean but I would rather not assume. Can you elaborate more for me and then I can comment further? [i think you are drawing from the Course but, as I said earlier, I only have a beginner's sense of it]

Seekingsolace,

Thank you for what answers you were able to give, and for the attempted description of Oneness. I know these things are more accurately experienced rather than described. I've just always wondered if the connection I always seemd to experience with my furboy was Oneness, as it always felt to me as if we were part of each other, mingling our consciousnesses. It may have been just that it was a sort of 'taste' of true Oneness, I'm not sure. All I know is that I've never experienced anything else quite like it with anyone else in my entire life....and I miss him so. I wondered if I would be able to 'repeat' that feeling once he was gone...and I haven't been able to. It was as if HE was the 'generator' of it.

Yes, I think you understood my question. To elaborate further, by imperfect perfection, I mean if our Maker is perfect and created us to be the same ("in His image"), how, while BEING perfect, could our spirits have made, essentially such a 'stupid' decision to fill our consciousness with illusions about ourselves so that we don't even remember where we came from? That doesn't sound to me like we were/are perfect, since wouldn't perfection preclude us from doing such a thing in the first place, free Will aside? (and yes, this is a concept from the Course, but since I don't know what you have or haven't experienced in these other realms, I'm always on the lookout for someone who might be able to answer ANY of these questions that have come up for me) While I don't want to dwell too much on these things that bother me, I'm just taking the opportunity to ask as it presents.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Everyone.

For Lauraa & Swede1: I will answer your questions sometime over the weekend. I am away the next few days and I will post again as soon as I am back at my desk.

Swede1: yes ..you HAVE "Oneness" with furboy.

Lauraa: And yes ..you HAVE "Oneness" with your husband.

I use the present tense with both of you because Swede1, your furboy is still with you and so is the "Oneness" and Lauraa ...your husband is still with you and so is the "Oneness" that you share.

I will say more in a few days once I am back. I just wanted to leave you both with this for now.

"Oneness" never goes away. It is something that is innate, deep within you and certain interactions bring it to your consciousness. But it is innate. You both still have it within you. And it is still very accessible. Love is a way of touching this gift within our soul.

• Members

Seekingsolace,

Thank you. What you say makes sense. I love candles though and realized after my brother's passing that I should do even the smallest things that I enjoy and so have been actually lighting the candles and enjoying them lately. (Usually I just have them sitting around everywhere unused) But I do have that memory of past beliefs to influence my thoughts where talking to a spirit is concerned. I guess I am needing to find some good books on the subject to learn more about that area because that is the type of person I am, if I know that there are things I don't know about something, then I don't feel comfortable until I know. Knowledge is power as someone once said. I may try it and if I feel uncomfortable then I can stop. If you or anyone here knows of any good books on this subject I would appreciate the suggestions.

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this. As far as something that I can put in front of me to still my mind...I haven't found it yet...but it seems to help me calm down when I read for pleasure, and I thought about maybe trying to just lean back like I do when I read and hold a picture of my brother in front of me and try that, however it still usually causes tears so maybe not yet.

Thank you again, you are a blessing.

Laura (anne)

• Members

I lost my father almost three weeks ago and I'm scared that I haven't had any dreams, I have to look at a picture to even see his face, I can't see it in my mind. Does this mean anything? I'm so desperate to know he's okay.

• Members

Yarsa0513,

The same thing happened to me and it bothered me too. I think it is because it is so soon. Did you lose him suddenly? My brother's death was sudden and I was in shock for a good 3 weeks to a month and 1/2. I think that it being so soon has something to do with not being able to see them. I immediately searched for all the pictures that I could find of him and made copies for some of the other family members and I looked at them often because like you I had trouble seeing him and I was very upset because I thought that I should be able to feel his presence too and I didn't. (We were close)

It has been about 5 months now and I guess I have been able to see his face now for several weeks. I felt exactly the same way and that is why I am on this board. It is a great board with lots of wonderful people. That is my thoughts on it, give it some time. I don't know if I helped any but I hope I helped a little. If not maybe someone else here can. I am so sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

Laura (anne)

• Members

Laura,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother.

Yes it was sudden.. he had just recovered from throat cancer and died from suffocation.. his throat swelled from the radiation treatments and he went without oxygen for 6 minutes. We were still celebrating his milestone of recovery when this happened. He died after we read his living will and removed him from the ventilator. I need to know that he knew I was by his side at the end. I think i'm obsessing over that question. What do you mean you saw him? This is all so new to me

Sandi

• Members

Dear Yarsa0513,

I am sorry for your loss. This is a good site for you to learn. I felt like you in the beginning and still do when I lost all my love ones. I needed to know they were all o.k. So, my suggestion to you and everyone here is to be patient but to read alot of the subject of the "afterlife". My cousin is presently reading a book she has recommended. Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton...she loves it but I have not read it yet. Also, Hello From Heaven by Judith and Bill Guggenheim, Everything Happens for a Reason by Suzanne Northrop....and the list goes on and on. I believe our love ones "live on" and are with us but in a different realm. I think you and everyone in search of this will find out when time allows for it. There are so many factors here. It is a journey...a tough one. One I wouldn't wish on anyone....but here we are. Look for you dad...he is with you. You just have to look for him and you will see. Good luck and keep writing here.

• Members

Sandi,

If you mean when I said

"It has been about 5 months now and I guess I have been able to see his face now for several weeks."

I meant I could see his face in my mind without having to look at pictures... referring to when you said you had to look at pictures to even see your dad's face.

I am learning a lot from the people on this site and I think you can too. If you will read some of the past posts sometimes it can be helpful as we have some much more knowledgable people than me. I DO feel strongly that our loved ones can hear us but I am not sure if they can hear us all of the time. I believe that they can contact us if we learn how. And I believe that some people have a gift of being able to hear from people who have passed and I am hoping to find someone who can get in touch with my brother. I know there are a lot of fakes out there though and am taking my time trying to find someone that I feel comfortable with.

You are in my prayers,

Laura A.

• Members
ashleyraesmom

To all,

I lost my daughter June 12, 2005. I have had dreams of her. One when she was talking to me and was passed. A couple others I was trying to save her from herself. Then the rest lately have been of us doing things we would normally do on a day to day basis. Just going to the store or whatever.

She hung herself, she was barely 14. I can't feel her though. I don't "feel" her, I don't know if she is okay, and I need so badly just to know if she is okay. I don't know what to think. I feel like she is missing or something. If she is okay, maybe then maybe, this would hurt less. I wonder if there is a way we can communicate with them. Can she hear me? I talk to her most the day, like she is here. I know she isn't, but I still talk to her. I tell her I'm sorry, and things of that nature. When someone dies this way, is their soul troubled? I just want her to be okay. If she hurt that badly here, I just beg that she isn't hurting there too. She was way too good for that. I can't bear thinking she might still be hurting, or seeing the pain we are all in. I want her to be happy so bad, sometimes I think it might kill me. I miss her terribly, but if she was angry with me, does that mean she won't communicate with me now, or even when I die? Will we really ever be together again, or is it over? These are my questions everyday.

Archived