Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ADC's, Visions & Dreams

cvaughan598

• Members
I have a question.........I lost my dad on 12/30/04; I have been searching for answers, etc., on afterlife. I am getting comfort from site talking about NDEs and such, but I have a question: all these people that die and come back, never talk about their loved ones crying and sobbing; they never say, \"I saw my family mourning over me and it hurt me\" or something to that effect. If they do see us mourning, do they hurt over it? Are they sorrowful, or do they just float around until they come back? My dad smiled when he took his last breath (he was unconscious), and I wonder what he was smiling about. He waited until only his 3 children were with him to breath his last. Do these people see their grieving families when they are \"floating\" around and passing? And, do you think my dad saw Jesus when he smiled? We all screamed at the same time, \"Oh my God, he is smiling!\"

HELP PLEASE...I am in despair about these things.

Sorry for your loss...We lost our brother to homicide last March 2004. My brother also died with a smile on his face. I too have wondered what that can mean? THe circumstances to his murder are all unclear, we have been told the gunman had faught with him earlier and was seeking revenge. He shot my little brother as he tried to run away.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My husband passed 1/28/2005. I went up to the cemetery to visit him because I am having a hard time making up my mind on the headstone (single or double). So I go up there and it is a windy day & I have 3 pinwheels there. I am just shooting the breeze talking to him & I say, Kevin some how in the next few days you need to show me a sign if you want a single or double headstone, you don't have to do it now but some how show me a sign. Two of the pinwheels STOP then they start going against the wind (2 times they do this). I took that as he wants a double. Before his funeral I felt him around me alot at the house but after never, What do you think? His sister is short and has the pull chains on her lights & 2 times she has walked by them and its like someone has pulled the chain, then she has a dream and he says call Debbi, "You just don't get it, do you" then something about the light. The weird thing is we both have key chains that say "you just don't get it." Then our son has a dream of Kevin calling his cell phone and he says he will be home soon. What does that mean?

Thanks

Debbi

• Members

Kevinswife,

I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I am not sure what to tell you about what all of this means. I am sure there are others on here that might have more experience. I just wanted to welcome you and let you know that if you give it a few days, you will hear from someone that can relate to you.

Take care,

Julie

• Members

I lost my son, who was a firefighter several months ago. I take the dog out to a park, which is pretty secluded, and the dog & I just walk about, she\'s into digging,so I pretty much just stand around. The other day, I was talking to the heavens, asking John (my son) for some help here. We are having trouble getting the DA\'s interest, when off in the distance I see something bright red, shinning with the little sun there was. I went over to see what it was, and it was one of those home fire estinquishers. There are no homes anywhere around, and no reason for this to be out in the middle of a field. What do you think. An omen? I brought the thing home, and just stare at it. Like maybe he did put it there, just to tell me, keep on trying, keep on living. I\'m not as far away as you think I am.

• Members

Whenever I close my eyes I can see a silouetter of my dad from a picture I have and also I see my husbands face....What do you all think about that?

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi everyone.

I might be able to make a small contribution. I have personal knowledge of the Other Side [through 3 NDEs and ongoing daily interactive contact with that other realm ...not on a psychic level but on a higher power level).

For Petrae [4.15.05] & Jeeenah [2.17.05]: I can't say for sure why your loved ones had smiles on their faces but I can say that it makes complete sense to me. The Other Side is so incredible beautiful and comforting, that you just can't help smiling. The love that surrounds you [it's like a visceral/full body love] is so peaceful ...it's like a homecoming. It's just hard not to smile. Coupled with the fact that you often get greeted by family members that have already crossed over or other people you are close to that are there ...The welcoming party ...it's hard not to smile when you see people that you haven't seen for a very long time. It's moving. It's peaceful.

Jeeenah: They DO care about how you are feeling. The smile is just a moment ..just a moment of feeling. They can see their grieving families ..yes. And they do care.

For Nqueen: the extinguisher was a sign from your son. His way of saying hello. He must have gone through a lot of stunts to get that one to cross your path! That's great!

For Laura: The silhouette of your dad and your husband's face when you close your eyes are signs from them that they are with you and with eachother. They are trying to let you know that.

For Kevinswife: Kevin is trying to contact you. He is being very explicit. The double pinwheels mean double headstone ..yes. He is very specific. Was he a detail man in his physical body? The dreams ..He is trying to get a message across that he is with all of you ...He is being quite diligent about getting that message across because he is making attempts via different people in the family. The cell phone dream was the clearest so far ...He says that he will be home soon. Yes. Home is with all of you. Home is also where he is now. He can be in both places at once [long story!]. With your sister and the lights turning on ...He is both trying to get her attention AND the "light" is symbolic of where he is ...Then she has a dream the same night about "You just don't get it Debbi" ...[meaning possibly ..'you don't get that I'm alive and right here!']. It's our doubts that cloud the messages. He's really trying : )

Hope this sheds some light on things a little for everyone or, at the very least, provides some food for thought.

They are with you. It just feels like they aren't. If we only had the technology to see them right now with ease. Can you imagine? Then you could see them. Minus the physical body, but you could still see them. It WILL happen. You can't see electricity but it exists. 500 years ago, a telephone was unheard of, let alone a cell phone. There is much we don't know and understand yet but time and technology will change that. In the future, we will have clear contact with the other realms.

• Members

Dear Seekingsolace,

Thanks for your comments. That really helps me. If you don't mind my asking how do you connect on a daily basis to contact those in the other realm. I think it is a process and learning process. Yesterday I had my eyes closed half sleeping and i was in my back yard by my garden and off to the left my husband was walking toward me with a big smile on his face and brighter than the sun. I'm am looking to make this connection more often...any suggestions?

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Laura.

Your husband's hello to you sounds wonderful : ) That big smile on his face was just beaming.

Whatever you are doing keep doing it. You are doing something right because he is already coming to you. First, do you notice any patterns in terms of your own emotional state or body state just prior to his visits with you? Pain is noisy and it often makes clear communication difficult for them. So they often come at moments of more stillness.

Practice will make a difference in this respect as well as intention. If you tell him clearly that you would like him to come to you daily, for example, then there is a greater chance that he will. If he knows your intentions clearly, he can respond to this. It's like telling a person you will be home to receive them at 8p. Then they arrive at 8p. If you don't pre-arrange that then they may knock but you're not home or ready to receive their visit.

Also, the Other Side has a "wavelength" [sorry to sound New Age but I couldn't come up with a better word]. When you "tune in" to this wavelength, you can often pick up on signs you might otherwise miss. The wavelength is like a channel on a walkie-talkie. If he can only communicate with you on a channel 7, then you need to turn the walkie to that frequency/channel. The Other Side wavelength/frequency is more meditative/still than our regular waking state. That's often why they come to us in dreams.

As for me ...you had asked about how I communicate daily with the other realm. This is the first time I have attempted to explain this so please bear with me as I stumble along ...

Since birth, I seem to have a direct "phone line" wired to a Higher Power [whatever you might call that ...God for some people, etc] and its "associates"/helpers. My "phone" is rather unusual in that I can hear, see and feel the emotions of my caller and also see and feel the place where they are calling from. It's a funky phone.

So I seem to be a Messenger-Interpreter of sorts. I get information from the Other Side and then I relay it in a form that people can understand. I haven't done anything myself to cultivate this ability ...It was just given to me. It's the way I've been wired.

I am not a psychic. If you were to imagine the Other Side as a 100 floor building, I am getting messages from the top 5-10 floors. Psychics speak with people on the other floors. If a person visits the upper floors for a while, then I can speak with them there but that's really not my area. Interpretation is my speciality it seems.

If you think I'm crazy, I won't hold it against you! It probably sounds very odd, or unbelievable. I have struggled with it for years. I've tried "turning it off", etc to no avail. Yup. It's a part of me. I have been trained in medicine so my scientific mind was really grappling with my experiences. I even submitted myself to study in several places to ensure it was authentic. So ..after much of a long haul I have finally come to a place of more acceptance. So here I am.

I have always known that this unique ability of mine is not for me alone ..It is for others. I have been given so much information about the Other Side I don't even know where to begin. So ..in a nutshell ..I'm here to help.

What I can do is: 1) help people learn how to receive signs, 2) help them how to interpret them, 3) help people feel what I feel from that realm. I am not doing this in a formalized way yet. I've helped plenty of people informally.

I hope this helps you a little bit : )

• Members

Seekingsolace,

Sorry I haven't responded to you but my internet was down. Thank you for responding to me. Everything you say I totally believe. I think we all have an intuitive side and this ability we just aren't tuned into how it works. When my husband does come to me and I receive him it is when I am in stillness....I do think that when we are deeply grieving it is difficult for them to come thru but yes, he gets me when I least expect it. I do ask him to come see me and to send me messages. It's very difficult to get use to this because I know he is with me but I just can't see him. I do get comfort to know my dad and husband are together. Please tell me they are healthy and not sick anymore (that is how my husband has come thru to me). When you say you can talk and see people on the top 5-10th floors of a building do you mean a psychic goes to a higher dimension? Like heaven? With god? This entire subject is the thing that has saved me thru my devastation of loosing my parents and husband a year ago. Did science deem you authentic and how do you incorporate this with you medical background? I am reading as much as I can and it gives me great comfort. My dad appeared to his sister shortly after he "passed" but he hasn't come thru to me yet not even in a dream...we were close so I'm waiting.....Keep in touch and feel free to email me anytime.

• Members

Seekingsolace...I have found this board because I lost my dad,may 30/05.I have had quite a few ADC's,including a sparrow,warmth to my back,phones ringing,etc.Although these things are trickling through,as I get my head around his passing,I am stuck on an initial 'needing' to know if his passing was without discord,and that where he is now[spiritual level] is also without angst/restlessness.Like,lauraa,these things spiritual are the things that are getting me through the transition on this side.Knowing that our loved ones are around helps ease the pain.I have a lot of fine tuning to do. I know you say that you are not psychic,but any insights you have will be gratefully appreciated.

• Members

Reading my first post,I've realized that it doesn't sound like I'm including everyone in the community ..my apologies.Please,I am new @ this,bear with me.Thanks for understanding.

• Members

Sunflowers,

I know what you mean....I need to fine tune things myself. I think when we begin to settle down (usually from exhaustion) is when when are more able to connect with our love ones. My dad passed away 6 months before my husband passed and then my mom 3 weeks after that. Needless to say my head was spinning. I was so grief stricken over the loss of my husband I have never had a chance to grieve my parents yet. My husband came to me in a dream shortly after he passed...He was standing with my in the dream at his funeral and we were looking at his casket together and he said, "I am not there". Now, how powerful is that for a message? Then about 4 months after he passed I sat on the edge of our bed and looked casually looked out the window and his face appeared in the screen briefly and he has come thru to many many times in readings with mediums and there is no way they knew me or anything about me and were all extremely accurate and knew things that they couldn't possibly know. I had another experience when I visited his grave for the first time when I was alone and it was extremely powerful. There are just so many things that tell me he is with me and lives on and is healthy and happy. Read books on the afterlife...they really help....I am sorry for your loss and I know how difficult it is to grieve for the one's we love so much. Remember, they are with us and cheering us on to feel better. Onething I have read is that time is so different for them. When we are reunited with them it will only feel like a second to them where with us it will feel like an eternity. I think this pain we have to go thru here on earth is like what Jesus had to experience in order to know the blissfullness, love, peace, beauty of the otherside. If we didn't know this deep pain and sorrow then maybe when we do meet up with them we may never have known how totally magnificent it will be.....Just some of my thoughts and I hope they help.....Stay with us here...we all know what you are going thru and we all lift each other...God bless.

• Members

To Everyone Here,

Where to begin? I've lost my beloved fur-kidlet (cat) 5 yrs. ago, my Mother in Jan./04 then my oldest brother 2 months later in Feb./04. I've had the most ADC's from my furboy - not surprising to me since we loved each other the most/best out of all those relationships...and because even here on earth, he was quite the guy when it came to telepathic and energetic connection with me. Only one or two days after his (traumatic) departure, I clearly felt him 'tromping' my hair and nuzzling my ear mere seconds AFTER I awoke. It wasn't his sister, either, as I first suspected (though she'd never done this ritual with me, but I thought she might pick up some of HIS habits after he was gone, as I've heard can happen); she was on my legs, far from my head. For the next 2-3 wks. she and I both kept hearing the thump upstairs of him jumping down from his 2 favourite napping places...and we'd both get goose-necked, craning to look up the stairs, half expecting to see him coming down to join us on the couch. (then we'd both feel really awful when we saw nothing, of course) Also during that time we both had another auditory experience when we heard the distinct sound of carpet-clawing coming from inside the closet where he used to lay in their carrier, so loudly that his sister insisted I open the closet door. I think we were both surprised again when we weren’t able to see him in there. He has also sent me at least one very clear “Hi, Mom” via a very obscure, but very personal-to-us song on the radio, just minutes after I asked him to be with me one Boxing Day. I also had heard his ‘voice’ in my head, giving me the odd piece of advice…a ‘voice’ not only out of the blue when I was lost in my own thoughts, but that actually startled me with its feeling of ‘otherness’, telling me things I don’t normally think/aren’t my style. His funeral service was also filled with symbols and messages, suggesting he was watching as we mourned, the messages all being about rebirth and eternity.

After my Mom’s death, the first message I seemed to get was a song on the radio all about mothers and how we can’t replace them, heard while sorting through what little of her clothes I was allowed to have. In my dreams, she was most often only hanging around in the background, somehow giving me the go-ahead to sort through and take what I wanted from her things ( an issue for me since they were all sold to strangers w/o my family telling me or saving anything for me ) , but not usually talking to me. I often had the weird feeling that I KNEW she was dead and yet was still there somehow. Even so, the feeling of missing her and wanting to be able to touch her again was extreme. I usually got the feeling that she was IN CONTROL now of family matters, which helped because the rest of them had done so much harm to me and her. I had many of these types, then nothing for awhile, then one different one about a month ago. In that one, we were in her car, she was driving (she hadn’t been able to any more for many years previous), it was winter out and we were about to cross a bridge that looked icy and unfamiliar to me. I worried for a second about her abilities, but then just knew that it would be fine. We were stopped, I looked over at her and was about to tell her I had reassessed things and now felt so extremely grateful to her for all she had done for me (and others) all her long, arduous life. She smiled at me before I spoke a word, and sent the thought telepathically, “I KNOW….” I then knew she had heard my heart’s thoughts and that she did indeed know exactly how I felt about her….and I KNEW she also felt as grateful to me for feeling this way. I have had no dreams about her since, but it does seem as if a shift has taken place in at least that area and I don’t have to worry anymore about wondering if she knows my heart.

As for my brother, he’s also been in most of my dreams about reclaiming our Mother’s things, but in this incredibly-supportive role, in many cases more dominantly featured than my Mom. One dream, much like the others, was different, though, as I CLEARLY felt such strong and steady support from him, as if he’d also been handling things from beyond on my behalf. This has been a truly wonderous thing for me, as I never got this kind of feeling, or action, from him in life. Not that he didn’t do the odd thing for me, but certainly not to this extent or intensity. He was mainly a distant, intellectual person in style. Nothing could have been so surprising and UNexpected a thing to me to associate with him and our relationship as siblings.

The strange thing though is that you might think I’d be doing wonderfully after being blessed by such experiences from beyond, but you’d be wrong. While I would have been MUCH worse off without them (probably going totally mental!), I still seem to want more PROOF of continuing life, more answers to what exactly happens when we die and whether being greeted by our loved/missed ones is guaranteed. What if they reincarnate before we die…do we miss out on seeing them and then have to wait for who-knows-how-long? Some say they are still working on their earthly issues there; others say they’re beyond that. And on, and on go the questions in my head. But the most bothersome one for me is this: if that’s really our Home, and this isn’t, why are we here in the first place, a place full of suffering, likely only from our own ignorance of what we really are. And why in the world don’t we remember where we came from, if we do indeed return here time and again? Do we LIKE to see ourselves suffer, from lack of knowledge? And no, I can’t believe a Higher Power imposed this upon us as some sort of punishment, because that more than strongly suggests an UNloving Power who also enjoys seeing us suffer. I also can’t see that we did this to ourselves to learn, because I seem to have suffered emotionally far too much than I could ever imagine I would have agreed to…unless I’m really insane! These questions haunt me every day. If ANYONE out there has even an inkling of what the answers are, PLEASE share it with all of us!!

• Members

Lauraa..thank-you for sharing.I really do understand that there is eternity,a process of life,which includes death.That being said,it's that the head and heart are not on the same wavelength.I am sooo very glad he doesn't have to endure any more pain/discomfort..that he is made whole again in the presence of God,however,the emotional,'i miss him' sometimes clouds what I know to be true.We all return to God,that which made us in the first place.That our bodies are just that;it;s our spirit and soul which live on.Easy enough to say,harder to live.Yes,Jesus died for us,and my pain is but a fraction of what He endured for ALL MANKIND.Thanking my dad for teaching me,and leading me in the right direction of life...GOD!

• Members

Swede1 and Sunflowers,

You guys have written alot of how I feel. All the questions...I guess that's why we call it "faith". I think there is "a knowing". I just hope that we will all be reunited with our love ones when it is our time. And, that we will all find peace in the interim. I wish we had concrete proof that they are there..... like seekingsolace said, someday there will be proof and technology to let us all know. I hope! I wish the grieving wasn't so difficult and there was a magic bullet to take our pain away....not so lucky! It's been 13 months for me and I still feel numb in alot of ways. Just getting use to the fact that my husband will never walk in the door again has taken a year to accept...not I'm faced with all the rest of the emotions that comes along with my loss. I do believe he is with me but I just can't see him. He is in my dreams, thoughts, etc....

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Everyone.

I'm sorry for the delay in reply. I've replied to each of you individually below. I must apologize in advance for what I know will probably end up being a lengthy discourse. I haven't sorted out how to answer questions yet in a more succinct way because I have so much information that I could share [even today's entry is just tip of the iceberg stuff]. Know that there IS a solid way for all of you to receive and interpret communication from your people [and to really understand questions of God, purpose, etc] ...I just need page time to get to all of it out with a high degree of specificity. But I think BI will kick me out if I did that! So, aside from these postings, I'm going to work on something more concrete/tangible around this ...something that all of you will be able to do if you so choose [it's about that "fine tuning" you have been mentioning]. Once I have this together, I will let you know. [alternatively anyone is welcome to e me at illuminatumm@hotmail.com].

For Laura: What I often find is that people feel that their relative [ie. your dad in your case] has not been in touch but usually they have been but the signs have been missed [maybe because they were too subtle]. For instance, the silhouette of your dad that you have been seeing IS communication from him. If you would like additional communication from your dad: ask him directly and CLEARLY to visit. An unspoken intention of wishing to see him is usually not enough ...something more direct like "Dad [while visualizing his face in your mind or having an object of his in your hand or a picture of him there with you as you speak], I would like you to come and visit me in whatever way that you can". And specify a time-frame. "Please do so today or within the next 3 days". If you have already done all of this and your father still hasn't been more in touch, other possibilities need to be explored. Feel free to outline to me exactly what you have tried to make a connection with him and we can sort that out more. As we touched on previously, pain is another possible deterrant to communication. Pain is like the "phone line" being used ...When your husband or father tries to call, chances are that they are getting a busy signal.

For Sunflowers: The Other Side is such a peaceful place that, once a person has crossed, angst/restlessness is just not possible. The time of passing is very similar ...The person's soul/spirit leaves their body BEFORE the body dies [if the death is violent/traumatic ...at the time of trauma, the soul detaches from the body ...The same thing happens for people still alive after a trauma but then it's called "dissociation" ..it's a milder form of the same thing]. This saves them the physical/emotional pain that could be felt if they were otherwise present. Even if your dad's body had been alive for a while after the incident, his spirit would have detached to ease him. But, don't take my word for it, check it out yourself ...Why don't you ask your dad directly about it? He has been very actively communicating with you. Just tell him that you would like to ask him some questions, ask him to give you a "yes" sign and then a "no" sign and then start asking 1 question at a time and wait for the answers. Some people in spirit are good at working with light manipulation, others with electricity, others with visual, etc. Ask him first what medium he would like to use to give you the Y/N and then wait. Might I suggest the warmth to your back? That might be easiest [ie. Y = warmth, N = no warmth]. Just some food for thought. All of this is really just about trying things until a communication method works and is dependable and interactive.

For Swede1: Good questions ...I will answer one of them for now [because otherwise I will take up too many BI pages]: ...You will see your people again. The soul is not limited by linear time/space. It can be in multiple places at the same time [sort of like how you can send an email to many people at the same time in a split second ...energy has properties like that]. Mind-blowing I know and only a physicist could explain in detail that one away for us [they are working on that kind of stuff currently re other dimensions, etc]. So ...yes ...you will see them. Hold me to that! As for the other questions, the answers are very "non-linear" things that I need to translate into a more linear/tangible construct.. I have decided to start working on something that will answer questions such as these for people. I will let you know once I have that more under way.

To answer Laura's questions about me vs psychics:

It was a process of outside help and study that assisted me to be able to even write about my "wiring" publicly now. One of the people that studied me was an MD from a well-respected university. She labelled me a "mystic" but it's such a misused word in society that I've decided not to use it. I haven't sorted out what to call myself yet. Still working on that. Any ideas from anyone? I've also been to see priests and other spiritual professionals to get myself investigated. Like I said before, I have a strong scientific bent myself ...I've studied medicine, neuroscience and other related disciplines. And yes, [to my chagrin], I was deemed authentic. 1/2 of me was hoping that I would be told something else ...then I could just be let off the hook and be a regular person. It's strange being this way. It's a good strange but it's still strange : ) !

I'm not an expert on psychics so I will leave it up to them to comment on their unique abilities. My understanding though is that they are communicating with realms different than the ones that I am hearing from. There is really no way to put this without sounding surreal/flaky/unbelievable [so please feel free to doubt away because I probably would if it wasn't happening directly to me] but I am in direct interactive communication with a Higher Power [aka God/God energy ...I am careful not to say "God" because the label is often perceived in a religious context ...something that everyone has a different angle on. Although quite helpful for many people, religion is a human construct ...a way to interpret God stuff ...and religion can get segmented ...but God himself is for everyone no matter what their religion or what we call that Higher Power].

It is from this place that I receive answers to questions [from the Big Kahuna : ) ]. I am simply a Messenger-Interpreter. It is not my place to get information about people on the Other Side but rather to teach people how to do it themselves, interpret what is coming to them and ultimately have trust in that and themselves. It is about helping you to feel more empowered again and connected to those that you love and to help you realize that they are with you ...right now. Nothing has changed except for the physical. I also can answer questions for people about Higher Power related items. But you need to know that it is not I that am the expert ...I am simply a relay of information and here to teach people how to get information themselves [ie. have direct connections]

Apologies again for my [very!] lengthy discourse. BI is my first discussion group encounter. Thank-you for your patience.

• Members

Seekingsolace,

Thanks for your post and all your thoughts. Yes, I am interested in any and all suggestions especially everything you mentioned in your last paragraph. Guess I need to rely more on the "Big Kahuna"...And, I want to know securely that my loved ones do live on and are o.k. until we meet again. That is really what has helped me to get along in my grieving this year. I am sure things haven't been easy for you with this knowing and ability you have....thank goodness you have validation that it is real. I talk to my husband to come and see me and he does come thru to me...usually when I least expect it...my dad has not, not yet but I am waiting. I think my energy has been dense and it is difficult for him to connect with me but in the beginning when he "passed" the locks in my car kept going up and down on their own and I would tell my kids it was grandpa and he was with us. When my husbands grandma "passed" our phone at home would ring alot and no-one was on the other end and I told the kids it was granny. I want to expand on these things and "see" them...do you think that is possible? I know it is because all those people in the book, Hello From Heaven couldn't all have made up their stories. And like I said before my aunt saw my dad after he "passed" when he showed up at her house for a brief period and she is "not" nuts. Probally the most sincere person I have ever met.....I have my husband come thru when I ask him and when I am the most relaxed so I guess practice will make perfect with all others to do the same. I'll bet this gift you have comes in handy with the work you do. Any suggestions will be appreciated and thank you for you help.

• Members

lauraa..how are you?I am plugging away @ getting back to the things that need tending to,as well as inter-mingling the spiritual..ADC..It truly is a balancing act,as I don't feel I can completely submerge myself,and forget I have a husband as well as 2 small children to raise.My dad use to say'Go home,take care of your family,I'm fine!'So,as I continue to open up my heart and mind for this continual link to him to develop,I also will honor him by stepping up to the plate,as I know he did when his parents died,and take care of those things which are important...each other.One thing I just remembered,my clocks and my mothers clocks are all going haywire in the last 2 days.Anyone else have this experience?Thanks and take care.

• Members

Sunflowers,

I know what you mean. This grieving is rough and tough business. You know in the beginning when I lost my husband I thought how the heck am I going to raise these kids???? Now, I am so thankful I have them as they are all 3 the reasons that got me out of bed everyday. After I lost my dad I thought the same thing you did. That when he lost his parents when he was a young parent himself he had to carry on and so that is what they would want us to do. And I was young enough to not know his grief, although I can remember him lying in his bed in total saddness for the loss of his mother. I know my husband if the table was turned would feel like I do now. We were soul mates and I am completely lost without him and I'm trying to find my way....I continue to work on a daily basis not to fall into a profound depression and knowing that he lives on has made the world of difference for me. I wish you luck in your journey and I am sorry for your loss. Keep posting as it helps tremendously.

• Members

To Anyone:

Here's a question I'd LOVE an answer to! I've heard it said that a.) you meet your loved ones later, but NOT in physical form, in energetic ways instead, OR b.) you DO meet your loved ones in SOME kind of physical form, at least visually (which begs the OTHER question, if vision is based in the physical, how could it NOT be some form of physical meeting?), because they usually appear as younger, in fine 'form', and you can hug them, etc. It REALLY bothers me that there's more than one version of the supposed 'Truth' out there and also that I really can't imagine anything even BEING Heaven, or whatever you want to call it, WITHOUT the joys of touch. For example, to meet my furboy, without being able to once again stroke his so sleek-and-shiny-velvety fur would NOT be my idea of a heavenly place/encounter! Does anyone have either any answers about this kind of thing, or share my discomfiture and puzzlement about these reunions? And thanks for all the replies to my previous postings to date! I really NEED this forum!!

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi everyone.

I hope this day is being kind to you. I'm going to try to answer some of the questions posted here in the last 2 days. [For anyone who sent me an email ... If I haven't replied to you yet, I will do so shortly.] Please bear in mind that everything I ever mention is just my perception based upon my own experiences with the Other Side. My perceptions are my own and are not necessarily yours or anyone else's. The key ultimately is to have your own one-to-one experiences around all of this and see what feels true for you. It's really about self-trust. We can each look at an apple differently. I certainly believe that it's the same when you are experiencing the Other Side, God energy, or anything else. Just as we are wired with 5 senses for experiencing the earth, we are also wired with the ability to send and receive information in other ways.

For Laura: I have a feeling that your Dad HAS been in touch but perhaps, because your focus is more on your husband, you might be missing the signs from your dad. Your dad certainly was very active with the locks on the car after he first crossed. I myself have had quite a few dramatic encounters and more subtle encounters with people saying hello ...from appliances and cars going on and off, to knocking windows, to full visual hellos, auditory, etc ... The Other Side is telepathic. So, once people have crossed, to communicate with us here on the earth, since we earth people are not using our telepathic abilities, they only have more non-verbal methods of communication to get our attention. It's sort of like charades ...Do you know that game? A person has to essentially pantomime a sentence to people [completely non verbal] and others have to guess what that person is trying to communicate. That is often what it's like for people on the Other Side ...They need to be quite creative in how they get their communication across ...whether it's with sound, lights, electronics, images, telepathy, dreams, etc. And this communication depends on both their skill at it from there and your ability to receive it [sort of like an antenna that you have].

I do think that you will be able to "see" them at some point. I just think that you need to develop your antenna a bit more [with practice]. I'm working on something to help with this. I will let you know once that's ready.

Pain [ie. the energy density you mentioned] can mess up the signal of the antenna. [that's why you are able to receive your husband when you are more relaxed ...He is around even when you think there is no sign ...you are probably just not noticing them at that point ...It's like any sort of communication ...2-way ..It depends on both of you].

For Swede1: From what I have seen of the Other Side, when you pass into non-physical form, meeting your people on the Other Side will feel physical to you . You will actually FEEL more. I know this sounds odd but let me try to explain. You will be able to feel their emotions, hear and feel their thoughts, and feel what feels like their bodies. It's the stuff of telepathy. It's telepathic there. You will be able to stroke your cat ...YES.

You will SEE visual as well. They greet you that way because it's familiar to you. It's a way for you to identify your people immediately and feel comforted. They tend to appear to you [initially at least] at an age that you were familiar with while their body was alive on the earth.

So, rest assured, from what I have seen of reunions, it will be very comforting and tangible : )

Some food for thought for today : )

• Members

Dear Seekingsolace,

Thank you SO much for your wonderful help here (and for your email)I cried for joy when you assured me I'd be able to FEEL my furboy, see everyone I love. I actually KNOW what you mean by feeling their thoughts, etc. My furboy actually already showed me this when he was here. I used to just KNOW/FEEL what he wanted to do often, especially when we were playing up a storm and being kooky together. We were always so IN SYNC with each other that way. We also used to spoon, and when we did, I would get totally immersed, in wonder and awe, at the way he could instantly make me so peaceful...because it felt like our SOULS were merging! I had some communications done with him (before and after death)and the communicator phrased it perfectly when she told me he was showing her how it felt when our auras MERGED into each others when spooning. (no, I hadn't said anything about this to her) I used to tell him it would be wonderful when we were both in 'Heaven' and we could absolutely BE each other if we wanted...total and complete UNION. So it helps me greatly to hear this type of thing verified, at least from someone else's perspective, too.

Also, I recently tried one of your tips to create a visit, and you know, it seems to have worked! I asked my furboy to visit me, and within 2 days, I SWEAR I heard his paws jumping onto the kitchen counter when I was quietly sitting with his siter mere feet away. Then the next day, someone sent me some pictures, one of two particular cats, which spoke to me personally about how I've thought of my guy in his 'new' digs. I can't WAIT til you can come up with MORE for everyone who is so thirsty for returning to our natural talents! Just THINK....no more suffering the way we've known it!!! THANK YOU for your personal mission and dedication to your calling!!!

• Members

Seekingsolace,

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree that my dad is trying to come thru to me and probally have been missing the signs because I am grieving so deeply for my husband. Even today I was doing a relaxation tape to help with making these contacts and I was trying to have my dad come thru but I felt my husbands presence so strongly. I know they are both together and that gives me great comfort but doesn't take my saddness away completely. I know when my energy is dense with grieving it is more difficult for them to come to me. I am working on that. I am also looking forward to any and all suggestions you might have to share to help us along the way... Thanks!

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi everyone.

For Laura: since your husband's presence is so strong ...why not ask him to help get your dad to come through? They have been hooked up together already in some way from the sounds of things in your previous postings. There must a reason for that. Why not go with flow of that and see where that leads you? Just some food for thought.

For Swede1: Thank-you for your kind words : ) I'm glad to hear that furboy said hello! That's great!!

For everyone: Remember to keep trusting in what you feel.

• Members

Hi everyone.Haven\'t been here to post;I feel like someone has pushed a \'pause\' button and I am impressed \'to be\' rather than \'to act\'.Kind of like riding a wave in a wake.Not devastating,just going with the flow.Don\'t really know what it means,however as seekingsolace says I am trusting what I feel.All things[ADC\'s] in its time.Hope all are doing well.

• Members

Seeking Solace,

I am new to this site and you seem to know things that I am curious about. I just typed two paragraphs and hit the spacebar and it got erased somehow! Maybe I am not supposed to be asking these questions, but I am going to try again.

My brother died in Feb, I was called to his house and saw him laid out on his back. I had a horrible feeling. At the funeral and funeral home when he was in his casket, I felt like he was still in his body even though I have always believed that your soul leaves your body at death. When I grabbed his arm I felt he was there. I have had some strange signs in my bedroom at night when the lights are out. Loud cracks as if someone stepped on a plastic hanger and broke it or at first I thought maybe the window was settling but I can't figure out a good explanation and I wondered if it was from my brother...but if so why would he do something that is so scary? I have actually been woken up by this crack 3 or four times in one night. My brother was so loving, and kind. He worked hard and he was very smart. I am sure he would figure out a better, nicer way to contact me. I just wonder if the cracks could be from some bad entity and not my brother because my son heard it too and it creeps us out.

Thank you for being here on this sight. I have enjoyed reading your posts and admire your gift.

Laura

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Laura [Lauraanne].

The things that you sensed are significant. But, in order to sort out, exactly what it means, I need more information about your brother and what's happening. [if any of what I am about to ask you is too personal, please know that you can always e me privately at illuminatumm@hotmail.com. But, if you do have comfort with posting here publicly, I am quite certain that others reading our postings can also benefit from the knowledge.]

Ok. Here are the questions:

- How did your brother die?

- How did you receive news of his death?

- What was happening on the day that his body was laid out?

- What was the relationship between you and your brother like?

- Please tell me more about his character/personality and what kinds of things he was involved with in his life

- When you heard the cracks that woke you up, aside from being startled, how else did you feel? [and how did your son feel? ...You mentioned being creeped out ...can you elaborate more? ..and can I ask how old your son is? and who heard it the sound first?]

- Have you ever wondered about the presence of bad entities before in your life? Or has any member of your family ever mentioned this?

- What is your spiritual life like? and your brothers? [in terms of your relationship with a Higher Power/Big Kahuna? ...i.e. outside of a religious context ...This question is only about personal relationship 1:1]

I must apologize for the long string of questions. I tend to get down the fine detail of things when looking for clear answers. Answer as few or as many questions as you feel comfortable to [here or privately]. If you don't feel comfortable answering any of these questions, that's understandable too ...We can opt to my just sending you information on how to request more peaceful signs instead [but I thought we could start with sorting out what is happening first]. Have you spoken to your brother directly since his death and made that request already?

• Members
noidofmyown

WoW! I Haven't been to this forum for a few months! Until now, I have simply read your stories. My first ADC was a vivid dream I had over 10 years ago about my dead grandma. I knew then I had experienced something special, but didn't want to sound crazy, so I kept it low key to others. I felt her visit in a dream, and had later confirmation of her visit with numbers. My mom died 5 years ago, and my dad died over a year ago. When my mom died, I told God/ higher power that I needed to KNOW where she was. 2 weeks later, my daughter saw her outside. I was too scared to go out back where she was, but knew I was getting answers right then. So I retraced my daughter's steps, paused, and found a near dead baby rabbit by my feet. While this was happening, I goot alot of "feelings/answers, which I cant remember now, because I felt like I was being answered in another realm, hard to comprehend in this world. I went inside KNOWING that we all do go on after death, deciding I could wait until then for more answers. Over the next few years, when we ould visit, my daughter would experience vivid dreams and noises about her. Apparently my dad would see her, too. The night my dad died, I was given the gift of a dream from him, which answered questions for me. Over the past year, I have had several "answering dreams", and signs in the form of songs and numbers on special occasions---my birthday, Christmas, etc. These are the best gifts I've ever experienced. Once, before falling asleep, I asked if I could just hold my dad's hand one more time. In my dreams, I did, and it felt so real. Lately, I feel almost "distanced" from this realm, but still got a sign. I watched the last episode of NYPD Blue, my dad's favorite show. I was crying, wanting comfort. 10 minutes into the show, the phone rang once, and the caller ID showed the last 4 digits to be our old phone number. We don't know anyone with that exact number. I just want to say thank you one and all, for helping me feel " normal".

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi everyone.

Welcome Noidofmyown : ) And thank-you for sharing your incredible experiences with us. I think you already know that those "dreams" were actually "visits". It is so incredible to be able to feel your father's hand again! And the phone number trick that he was able to do ...very precise communication. Some people in spirit have quite a knack for electronics. With my grandfather it has been the same since he passed to spirit. He once came on the phone line in "conference call" fashion when my grandmother was on the phone to her friend and said my grandmother's first name twice ...They both heard his voice clearly. The other woman said .."Is that ___?" [she recognized his voice]. It was quite a moment for both of them.

How is everyone else doing these days? I know, with today being Father's day, that it's probably not the easiest day for many of you. Know that my heart goes out to you ...

Laura [Lauraa]: have you had any movement in hearing from your dad yet?

Sunflowers: Good to hear that you are just being in the moment.

Remember to keep trusting what you feel.

• Members

Seekingsolace,

I was freaked out when I read the other Laura's post. Because before I read her post to you I read you reply to her...My name is Lauraanne and I had a brother who passed and I thought how in the world did you know all that and then I read the other Laura's post. Anyway, no luck yet with my dad coming thru. I do ask both my husband and my dad to come and visit with me but no luck. I want to see them. I am listening to a tape to meditate to help facilitate them to come thru but I seem to get emotional at that point in the tape and I'm always teary. Any suggestion. I truely appreciate all your care and thoughtful in teaching me and others to master this special ability.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Laura [Lauraa].

You poor thing : ( No wonder you were freaked out. The similarities between your story and that of Lauraanne's are uncanny from what you were saying.

When is the last time you heard from your husband and your dad? Can I ask how [in what manner] they said hello to you most recently? And how they have said hello to you prior to that? [i'm just trying to isolate their preferred methods of communication]. I believe you mentioned previously that, when you closed your eyes, you could see your husband's face and a silhouette of your dad. Is that still happening? Have you asked your husband to try to help in bringing your dad through? Have you spoken to your dad directly about ways in which you are ok with him coming through and set aside a specific time each day for him to say hello? [i know ...a LOT of questions ... I know there is a way to get this happening for you two ...We just have to sort out what is interfering with communication]

It sounds like you have been working very hard with your meditation tape. How have you been feeling when it is on? [you had mentioned getting teary when you ask them to come through]. If you feel the tears come on. That's ok. Just let them come. Cry and talk to them at the same time. Just keep talking while you are crying ...as best you can.

Would you be able to tell me what exact words you are using to ask your dad [and husband] to say hello? [sometimes the words can make a big difference]

Knowing more about your dad would help too: what his skillset was like while he was physically on earth [ie. was he a clear communicator? or communication challenged? was he open with his feelings? or closed? was he a handyman? good with electronics? into computers? ...Some of his skillset and/or areas of interest will help me sort out how he might opt to communicate with you in terms of what he might be drawn to and what might be easiest for him these days. Was he interested in plants? gardening? birds? photography? Do tell me more if you feel like it.

Here's a long shot but I'll mention it anyways: sometimes, if there is unfinished business on the earth with someone, then later communication with them in spirit can be affected [temporarily] because the unresolved issue is still held in the earth's person's heart. I'm not sure if this was the case for you and your dad but I just thought I would mention that for contemplation as well.

There IS an answer here. Let's see what we can sort out. I am here if you would like to look into this more and try to find a solution.

Take care.

• Members

Noidofmyown,

Oh my goodness -- I'm so ENVIOUS of you! That phone trick was WONDERFUL and I'd give anything to have something like that happen to me, too! So far, even though it's been over a year since my Mother died, and also over a year since my father sold their house and got placed in a home, I still can't even bring myself to erase their phone number from my on-phone directory....and had actually been HOPING somehow that it would ring one fine day and I'd see my Mom's number displayed and hear her, at least briefly, on the other end....but it never happened. Since my last (good) visit from her in a dream, I haven't had squat, and it's breaking my heart. It seems like maybe she didn't love me as much as my furboy did (who's given me MANY signs and always seems to show up when I REALLY miss him). I also had many signs through numbers, at least from my furboy - he constantly sends me his age when he passed...what a guy! It's "13", a symbolic link to his feline colour (black), so now Friday the 13th's are very special days in my mind. I've also heard tell of many folks who have actually SEEN loved ones (both human and otherwise)quite solidly, sometimes seen instead by OTHER people instead and then reported or asked about (even by those who didn't even know the loved one was gone)...and again, I'd give my eye teeth to have this happen to me, but it just hasn't. I always wonder (how could you NOT?) why it is that some people are what I would consider LUCKIER than others in this respect...what are they doing differently than the rest of us who need and want the same experiences? If you have any more experiences to share about these, I'd love to hear about them, despite any jealousy I have!! (and as a P.S., if Seekingsolace has any light to shed on these questions as well, please do!) We're all so very thirsty it seems and can't seem to drink our fill of these visitations/verifications. You're also very fortunate to have come away at least once with a sense (or 'KNOWING') of continuing life after physical death...another thing I've been drooling after. Can I ask you if you still carry that with you &/or can recall at will what that felt like, to lift yourself up with when needed? Hoping to hear back from you,

Swede1

• Members

Seekingsolace,

About 2 weeks ago I was lying in my bed in the morning with my eyes closed and my husband came thru very vividly. It was almost like it was real. I was thinking I was sitting in my back yard where my perennial garden is (where I am alot to relax)and where there are alot of birds and peace and quier...and while my eyes were closed it was like my husband was walking toward me in a bright sunshine toward me...he was smiling and seemed extremely happy. The brightness was intense and it felt real as if he was still alive...then I opened my eyes. The is a Spiritual Church I attend sporaticly and every time I go there I always ask my husband to come and see me and every single time a get a reading from a medium and they all say he is with me and he loves me, etc...and that my energy summons him there to be with me. Also, I think when I ask him he does come thru. Yes, When I close my eyes I still see my husbands face and my dads silouhette. I have asked my dad to come thru but nothing yet. I have not been specific as to time but I do sit in my back yard which is where he loved to sit when he visited me because he love nature so much and we would watch the birds and flowers and have coffee together, etc. No, my father was not mechanical with electronics, etc. but he was interested in nature, art and things of that nature. He was a cake decorator and could make icing roses look real. I have had dreams of my husband. One in particular early on he was with me in a dream and we were standing together at his funeral looking at his casket and he told me "I'm not there". I thought that was significant. When I listen to the relaxation tape and I get to the part where I ask my loved ones to come thru it is emotional for me as I want it so much. The last time I did ask my husband to help get my dad to come thru without any luck. When I sit in my back yard I ask my dad to come see me. He actually did come to his sister soon after he crossed over. I really want to see them both. I'm all ears if you have any suggestions. Thanks for writing.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi everyone.

For Laura [Lauraa]: I remember that incredible visit from your husband that you had 2 weeks ago. It was indeed real. You were relaxed and he was able to come to you. I remember that dream of your husband as well. It is good to hear that you are still able to see your husband's face when you close your eyes and your father's silhouette. Good : ) A sign to you from them that they are right there. They ARE making contact with you [even if it's not as extensive as you would like just yet]

Sitting in the backyard, in nature ..where you're father is comfortable ...makes sense as far as him contacting you there. But he also might choose to do it somewhere else. It all depends on his ability to send out a signal in a given moment and your ability to notice it.

I would suggest setting aside a period of time each day that is 'dad time' and just sitting with your eyes closed for 1/2 the time and open for the other 1/2 [whereever you like ...just a place that you won't be interrupted] and listening in ...trying to clear your mind as much as possible. I would suggest starting to do this at least 15min per day at the same time each day and let him know that you are doing so. It would be quite helpful to have something on hand from your father when you do this [like a picture, a cake decorating tool, or something special to him] ...It will help prime your frequency to his and also send out a signal to him. During this time, you need to ask your husband to give you 15min alone with your father. Don't worry ..your husband will come back ...Just specify to come back when you are done with your 'dad time'.

During this daily time, you can close your eyes for a period and focus in on your father's silhouette ..Speak to it as you ask questions. Do let your dad know that you finding it challenging hearing from him and any suggestions he has for you to assist with this would help ..no matter how he gets it to you.

Another approach is to give your father a one-time time-frame for starters; i.e. "dad ..I would like a sign from you sometime in the next 24h/2d/3d" and then watch for it. Specify during the day so you don't miss it when you are sleeping.

For Swede1: you had asked why some people get a lot of signs and others might not get as many. A number of reasons: reception depends on the receiver's ability to note subtleties and the sender's ability to transmit the message. Once the "receiver" gets the knack of seeing signs, they often are noted more readily ..The signs were there all along ..They just get missed. The "sender" will have skill set to send messages/signs depending on what their strengths are [ie. just like on earth ..If a person is good at concentration, maybe they will come through telepathically or in the dreamworld; if a person is good with electronics ..maybe they say hello through the phone, TV or other mechanical device]. The sender is often quite challenged because it's often hard to get our attention down here.

The wiring of our nervous system makes a difference as well. Some people have more sensitized wiring than others so they tend to get signs more easily. But we all have the ability. It's really just a matter of sorting out how to do it and practice [and clearing any blocks]

Hope this helps everyone a little bit today : )

• Members

Seekingsolice,

Thanks again! How would you explain my dad showing up at his sisters house after he passed...she wasn't asking or looking for him. She was in her bathroom looking in the mirror and she looked to the doorway and there was my dad. He then went sat on her bed and she grabbed his hand and kissed as she always did. She said he felt real and looked alive like he always was. My dad said he had to get a message to one of my brothers and then he disappeared. It was real. But, she was not looking for it. Do you think her barriers were down and it was earier and less dense of energy for him to get to her???? I have wondered that alot. My dad and I were extremely close and I have often wonder why he went to his sister and not me...although, they were close too. I think I was so profoundly grieving the loss of my husband that he probally couldn't get to me????? Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Laura [Lauraa]

I think you are bang on : ) Your grieving for your husband would have made it harder for your dad to reach you. It was just easier for him to get through to his sister. I have no doubt that he HAS been trying to reach you though. I think you feel it too ...You just haven't had the confirmation [beyond the silhouette] that you seek yet. But it WILL come.

Happy to help : )

• Members

Dear Seekingsolace,

A few more questions, if you would be so kind...first, re: communication: If someone\'s style of communication was rather dysfunctional, how might they come through then? Also, I\'ve been confused about another related thing. John Edward used to say that people/animals retain their basic personalities even after crossing over, yet at the same time they aren\'t the same, ie. they don\'t have the same hang-ups, etc. This sounds like a contradiction to me. And if everything is so loving, whole and wonderful \'there\', how is it that they\'re STILL having to work on their \'problems\'?

Also, you\'ve mentioned several times that they can come through easier if we\'re not so distressed....and yet, I\'ve found that I got the MOST and the BIGGEST, CLEAREST signs exactly when I was grieving the hardest...plus, because I was so upset each time, I didn\'t follow any prescribed method other than to put my heart into each plea that they come to me in some way. How do you explain this dichotomy?

And, do you think my cat could just as easily help my Mother and brother come through just as easily as a human energy could? What if my Mother didn\'t relate to cats very well in this world - would that make any difference now?

Do you know anything about reincarnation or changing physical forms from one species to another?

Are you getting \'questioned - out\' yet?! :} LOL!

• Members

First to Lauraa,

I find it interesting that we have the same name and actually use the same user name too and now you say there were similarities in our brother stories. (My email address starts lauraa@ so imagine my suprise to see my user name on this board!) I miss my brother very much. I was wondering if you ever had any contact with your brother since you have only mentioned your husband and dad. If you don't want to talk about it, then forgive me for asking and I understand.

For Seekingsolace,

Thank you so much for your help. After reading some of these other posts I feel like I may be able to share some more of my experiences although the pain from my brother's death being so new and unfinished so to speak, I may not say as much about that here. I did feel his presence the other day and I haven't been able to calm down enough,(very busy), to do it again. It is so hard for me to relax. But I am going to try again soon.

I have an experience that I want to share with everyone. It happened about 6 or 7 years ago. I was married then, and was awakened by the unusually loud doorbell. I shook my husband and told him to go see who it was at around 2:30 in the morning! He didn't hear it but finally went and looked...nobody. So I was just dozing back off to sleep and again the doorbell. He didn't hear it and wouldn't go to the door. This happened about 3 times and then the next time I woke up I had been having a terrible dream about a man with blood running down his face. To make this shorter, an old boyfriend who used to get readings all the time and told me that sometimes people from the other side use doorbells to contact us, had died around that same time, that same night. I believe it was him. Since that time I have had the doorbell phenomena happen several times but I never know what to do when it happens.

The only other thing that has happened to me that I believe was contact from a loved one was in my teen years I was going through some rough times. My dad died before I was born and I dreamed that we were walking on a dock/pier and he had his arm around me and told me that everything was going to be alright. He looked just like the old 8mm movies I had seen of him even though I had never met him.

That's all for now,

Laura

• Members
noidofmyown

Swede 1 What I can tell you is this. The first time I made contact in my life was from my Grandma. She had been dead several years. The dream was very vivid, and I felt her presence when I woke. I also got the feeling that for some reason she couldn't contact me earlier. I feel now like signs of loved ones are there. If I had not had that experience with my grandma, I don't think I would have been ready now. One message that has come through for me from both my parents is that my 16 year old daughter is very special. Not only because she saw my mom, but 6 months before my dad died, we visited him when he was in a coma. When my daughter spoke to him, he grabbed her hand and stroked it. He had no recollection of this when he came out of the coma, but the message was loud and clear for me. I think accepting that she has a connection helped me to accept that others can have connections. My sister was jealous after my mom died --- but she was waiting for a clear sign. After my dad died, she is more open to signs---she smelled my dad several times while she was trying to ready the house for sale. During this time , I had a dream in which she told me that her 3 year old son "talks to papa". I worded my dream carefully to her, as I didn't know if she would believe me. She was surprised, but told me that her 3 year old son does "talk to papa". I then said' You know what else that means --- papa talks to your son." Sometimes I think its easier for children to accept this --- we get caought up in logcal explanations. I think over time, through my own children, I am becoming more accepting of this. I haven't been able to make these things happen --- but they happen when I seem to need them the most. Seekingsolace, can you explain this? It is only now in my life that I have come to accept these things without the fear of being labeled "crazy".When I have told others about these things, I find more people than not have had an experience or know someone who has had a similar experience. My sister told me that her husband had a dream about my dad. His parents are both dead, and he hasn't had an experience like this about them. In his dream, my dad told him he had been in a dark place and couldn't breathe, but he's okay now. He died of empysema. As far as the "dark place", I wasn't as worried. In life, my mom was a spiritual person, while my dad was the practical one. Is it that he needs more time to work on this? His death seemed very spiritual to me. We were all there--- kind of like the expectant family awaiting a birth, but we were awaiting his death. Also, I was the one holding my grandmother's hand when she died, but I didn't realize it was her last breath. I had visited my mom 4 days before she died, and she, too died surrounded by family.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi everyone.

Lots of stuff to try to answer I see. So let me get right to it : )

For Laura [lauraanne]: Thanks for your kind words. I'm happy to help. I'm glad that you're feeling more comfortable with sharing. The doorbell visitor sounds like they were certainly very persistent. They really wanted to get your attention. It does make sense that it would be your old boyfriend. You might want to just ask him to tell you what he would like you to know and specify that you would like to have communication during the day and even specify which day and timeframe. 230a is a bit of a mess for sleep afterall : ( You could also wait until it happens again and then speak to him at that time but I would value my sleep too much to risk that happening again.

The dream about your dad was most likely a visit from the sounds of things. How did you feel in the dream? That is the key to discerning a visit. Visits [in dreams] are usually linear dreams [as opposed to the abstract way that dreams can sometimes be] or at the very least a very clear, linear, non-abstract moment in a dream AND the person visiting feels very real to you in the dream. That is an example of a visit.

For noidofmyown: you had said that you can't seem to make [contacts/communications] happen ... yet when you most need it, they just happen ...and you had wondered why this was. Other Side communication is facilitated by the receiver's ability to receive. Part of this is being very open to receive in a given moment, part of this is being clear that you would like to receive in a given moment and not have any fear around it happening. Maybe when you most need the contact from your people on the Other Side is when you are being the most clear.

I know this might sound odd but clarity is an alignment process: conscious mind + subconscious mind + emotions + body. These all have to be in sync/ saying the same thing / having the same intention otherwise you can send a mixed signal out there and then people on the Other Side don't know what to do. If one part of you says "yes ..I would like contact" and the other part hesitates for some reason ...it's confusing for the senders and it messes up the "receivers" signal [ability to receive]

Every person has a different manner in which they get clear ..For people that tend to live more in their logical mind, the moments of greatest "heart" clarity are usually when they are feeling an emotion strongly. For people that live in their emotions, when they are feeling an emotion, their pain can be so great that it mucks up the signal to the Other Side [this is quite common]. These more emotional people receive signals more easily when they are calmer and meditative. There is a frequency to the Other Side regardless and it needs to be matched to get the signals.

Oh yes ..one other thing ...The dream that your sister's husband had about your dad ..I believe the "dark place" that your father spoke of where he "couldn't breathe" was when he was on earth with emphysema. And when he says he is ok now I believe he is referring to the Other Side.

For Swede1: You had asked about why people come through to you when you are feeling distress and ask with your heart when I have previously mentioned that pain often blocks the transmission. See 2 paragraphs above this re my note to noidofmyown re Logical people vs emotional people. Does this clarify things at all in your case?

You had also asked what would happen if someone's style of communication was dysfunctional. Do you mean the senders? [ie. person on the Other Side] or the receivers? [person on earth]. Once I know this, I can answer.

Yes a cat can definitely help someone come through just as much as a human can. Animals have souls just as we do. While on earth, I feel them to be more open and aware than we are for the most part. They easily see and hear the spirit world. When they pass to the Other Side, I have often found that they are very wise souls. You can usually already get a sense of the wisdom and age of their soul when they are on the earth [just by looking into their eyes as you sit in front of them ...Just sit for a while and feel them].

What John Edwards said I have also found to be true. But I would word it a bit differently: people retain their "soul personality" when they cross. This personality does not have the same hang ups they had on earth. It would be analagous to a person on earth who has become enlightened. Does that make some sense? If you are still unclear, let me know and I can elaborate more.

Lots of text again ...Apologies for going on and on.

Remember that they ARE with you. The signs are there ..Trust in that.

• Members

Lauraanne,

That's is so funny to me writing that....maybe it means something that we both are here with similiar names and circumstances. I am so sorry about your loss of your brother, My brother "passed" many, many years ago in a house fire and it was extremely tragic and sudden. He was 5 years old and I was 10. Iit shaped my life. Last year I lost both my parents and husband within 6 months of each other. It has been a struggle. Mostly I'm dealing with not being able to sleep and anxiety. I cried solidly for the first year. My heart was broken and a piece of me is missing. I know my husband is still with me in spirit but physically I can't have him and it is horrible to deal with. I know everyone on the outside thinks I'm better and moving on but the truth is I feel hollow inside and my zest for life is gone. I move forward for my kids and they are my priority...along with me keeping my health. I try to make sleeping at night a priority even if I take something to help, otherwise I go to bed exhausted and wake up just as tired. Everyday is an adventure. I never know what each day will bring and what circumstance will upset me. ie. Yesterday I had a doctors appt. in the facility where I had my babies and all the memories of that and my husband came flooding thru....Needless to say I cried all the way home. Everything seems so trivial compared to this loss. It is earth shattering for me but life around me goes on. It is so painful and extremely lonely. Everyone leaves after the funeral which is the hardest thing to understand...do people really think we don't need help now more than ever? People say I haven't called because I know how busy you are? Ya, but a call wouldn't hurt or a visit. People don't want to look at the dark side of things in life. Maybe they think if they talk about it then it could happen to them??? The stages of grief are a trial in itself...a real rollercoaster of a ride. I keep asking god what did I do to deserve loosing my husband and what did he do that was so bad to deserve to suffer like he did? What do I need to learn from such a loss? Any suggestions? Thanks for listening and I will keep you along with everyone else on these sites in my daily thoughts and prayers.

Seekingsolace,

Do you have any special books or any other things that could help with all the stuff we have talked about? I'm not sure if you emailed me or not?

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi Laura [Lauraa]:

My heart goes out to you. Only you know what you feel right now but, the way you describe it, is almost tangible for me. My heart physically hurts as I write this.

I don't know of any books that cover the items I have spoken about. It's not that they are not out there ...I'm sure there must be some [as there are a lot of books on the market] ...it's just that I don't know of them. I get my information direct from the Other Side. From your request though, perhaps I should consider writing something for people. I am a hands on one-to-one gal so I prefer interactive writing rather than just me and my computer. I like answering questions that provide immediate help to people. But a written guide of some sort sounds like it might be helpful.

I am working on something concrete right now to help everyone around all of this. It's just that it's taking me a little longer than I had anticipated. I will let you know once it is completed or at least when I have something preliminary to start showing you.

"Hello from Heaven" is a great book which is about ADC accounts. I don't believe it details how to have/receive an ADC but I would have to check on that. I gave that to all members of my family when my grandfather crossed over.

Hope this helps a little.

ps. I haven't e'd you. I don't have your e address. Did you e me? [at illuminatumm@hotmail.com]. I don't believe I have rec'd anything yet.

• Members

Seekingsolace,

Thanks for caring so. I look forward to your work and what you have to share with me/us. I feel that I am intuitive and the possibility of seeing my loved ones again is possible...I know they are near. I can't wait to see what you are putting together that could be on any help.

• Members

lauraa,

I am very sorry to hear about your parents and then your husband. I can't imagine. It is so hard for me to keep focused from my one loss..things tend to replay in my mind about him so I don't know how you do it with three on your mind. I pray for you to have peace of mind, wisdom, and strength. Do you have any other family? I do but have gotten more comfort from this board and another one. That sounds worse than it is, what I mean is that they are all suffering in their own way and I seem to be the different one. They all seem to think because I cryed more that I was weak and needed protection from things that might upset me. This is not true. I needed desperately for someone else who knew my brother to just cry with me and we did a "little" but my family seems to think there is something wrong if you cry and that you should stop it as soon as you can! It seems to help me!

The things you are saying I feel also. I too have to keep going for my child and feel no zest for life. I go to the park to his games and practices and talk to the other parents but I don't feel like it. I do the laundry and cook and do dishes etc... I know what you are talking about everything seeming so trivial too. Except I know that I have to show my child how to cope, his grandmother is going to die any time now and he is very upset already. (His dad's mom)I am worried that he will take it too hard. And that I won't be as much help as I should because I still grieving my brother and I will grieve his grandmother too because I love her too.

About why your husband had to suffer. I don't know.. that is exactly why some people don't believe in God. I haven't figured it out yet either. I have felt a truckload of guilt over my brother's death. I felt like if I had just spent more time around him that I could have somehow prevented it. But I do believe that we learn from every painful thing something. (Whether it seems important or not I guess) Like I have learned certain things NOT to say to people at the funeral home from certain things that were said to me. The thing that comforted me the most was when someone just said simply, "I'm sorry" and put their arms out to hug me. And I have learned that I need to follow my gut instinct more and not to ignore the things that I keep thinking that I should do over and over. (When my brother was alive, something kept telling me to go to him and spend more time with him over and over, and I didn't. Also something kept telling me to walk, walk, and I have gained 16 pounds! which is very unusual for me to be this big! I am usually a skinny minny!) Maybe if we tune in enough, we can communicate with our loved ones AND understand the path the God wants us to take too. That is my hope...if I could just talk to my brother and hear what he has to say...

I am sorry, I hope I didn't ramble on too much. I tend to speak my thoughts out loud.

Hang in there!

• Members

Hi everyone.

lauraane..I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say it's so hard to stay focused.The replay of events and times gone by go through my head almost constantly.It has been only 3 weeks since I lost my dad,and emotions roll over me live a wave.Sometimes I'm O.K. other times I have tears welled up in my eyes and I want to cry.I get dismissed a lot,by people who want to 'change the subject' or 'don't talk about THAT now.'It gets quite distressing,I am grief striken;how do people think I'm suppose to take my mind off it?

I am in agreement with you,that just because I cry,doesn't mean I'm weak.Some of my family/friends seems to think that not crying = getting over it.I feel exhausted after a good cry,but that is what I'm FEELING @ the time.

A friend of mine [27 years] has not called me since the beginning of the this month.She herself is fighting re-current cancer,and I guess because I got teary a couple of times after the memorial service ,she has quit calling.

Lately,I have felt that I am more alone with this healing/sadness cycle.Some people around me are uncomfortable,this I understand.But,isn't that the nature of 'going on'?Being able to talk about is going on with ourselves as we try to establish a new dynamic without our loved one?A lot of what you desribe in your post,I feel.I have 2 small children and I 'do' what needs to be done,but I don't 'feel'anything @ times but numb...no zest here either.

That being said,I have had 2 ADC's this week.Once I had a gentle pat or nudge @ my back,and the second one was I could smell A535[arthritic ointment]in my foyer.He is around,but I am not good @ connecting all these dots together as of yet.Though I know my intuition is expanding.

This board is a God-send.

• Members

Sunflowers,

Wow, your post gave me chill bumps. I think that is wonderful that you felt a gentle pat and I had a similar "smell" experience shortly after my brother passed where I smelled that ciggarette smell he always had on him because he smoked so much and noone in my house smokes. But I blew it off because,.. well, I felt like after he passed on he shouldn't still smell like that! I am not good at figuring it out either...I am better at being in denial usually but I really want to understand this and connect with him.

Thanks for your post. I feel so much better knowing that others understand me too...(or at least feel what I am feeling). Hopefully we will learn to understand this better!

Take Care,

Laura

• Members

Hello Everyone,

This is the hardest road any of us will ever travel...grieving our lost loved ones. I think though that it is a change in our mind set. They are with us but we just can't see them. It is a true test of faith I think. My husband told me he wasn't afraid of dying but he never wanted to leave me or the kids. It is all just so hard to believe that once not very long ago our lives were beautiful and full and in a heart beat "everything" changed. It is the first thing I have never been able to fix...usually my husband and I fixed all problems together and now I'm alone without him. God do I cry. Mostly in lonliness and total disbelief and it has been 13 months since he "passed". I will never say he died because I don't believe that. I have had many readings with mediums and my husband and others have come thru to let me know that. These are not quacks preying on peoples emotions as I was sure to check that out. We all need to know on this site that we are not alone and there are so many others who know our pain. It is weird for us how society handles death.....total avoidance I find which makes it harder for us...and so we carry on!...in our own ways.....god bless all of you.

• Members
seekingsolace

Hi everyone.

Laura [Lauraa], I agree with you ...society is in complete avoidance around death. It isn't this way everywhere in the world. And it wasn't this way always. But it certainly is this way in many places. And it needs to change.

About the last thing that any of us need when someone dies is more seperation from friends, family and others because death makes them uncomfortable and they don't know what to do. My heart goes out to them ...because they really don't know how to make it better ...and they haven't figured out that they don't have to make it better ... just being there is really enough. A hug, a hand, warmth ...These things are what matter. And the ability to just "be"..whether "being" is talking, weeping, raging, being numb, or none of the above. Just the physical presence of another human being CAN make a difference. People need to know that. Unfortunately, most times, the opposite happens. What you said in an earlier post is so true ...after the funeral ...they are all gone. Yet things don't just stop at the funeral do they? Nope. It's a process. And it's different for everyone.

People that have crossed over ARE right with you. I think what makes it so painful for people on earth is that their bodies are no longer physically present AND the lack of clear communication from them to you. That WILL change. Trust me, it will. In time technology will catch on to this need and some contraption will be produced which will allow CLEAR contact. I would be honoured to partake in such a project. We have phones, cell phones, TVs, computers ...Time to get another device invented that allows EVERYONE to clearly communicate with the Other Side. It will happen.

Laura, please say hello to your husband for me. He sounds like a wonderful person : )

Archived