Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Done

usagainsttheworld

• Members
usagainsttheworld

I'm struggling. This is suppose to be my new life abd it sucks. Never felt more alone in my life. The pain is too much at times. I always feel like giving up. Today it got so bad I wanted to call my work and quit my job. I'm so lost without him, he's all I think about. I hope that he's ok

• Members

I am so sorry. Please try to keep strong enough to go on living. I know how you miss him. I feel the same way. I cry frequently. That being said, my husband loved me with all his heart, and he would want me to try and go on for now. He would want me to honor his memory, and live on to tell people about what we shared. Are you getting out much, and visiting with friends? I know it's probably the last thing you really want to do, but it does help divert your attention temporarily. The hardest time for me is going to bed at night. If you can, try to reach out to others, and have relationships, no matter how hard it is. It really does help. I drove a couple of hours south of me, to visit with a friend from work. I spent the day on her farm, and we just sat under the shade and talked. It feels good to have the love of others when you are hurting so much.

• Members
usagainsttheworld

Thanks lizzy. No I have not been out much. I was trying until two weeks ago. I see no piint. Its like all the joy has been taken away from me.

• Members

Thanks lizzy. No I have not been out much. I was trying until two weeks ago. I see no piint. Its like all the joy has been taken away from me.

I am so sorry to hear that. It is hard to see the point, when you are hurting so badly. Just try and hang in there for awhile. It never gets "good", but it does get better, and you can go on living, keeping him in your heart always.

• Members

Dont try and think too far ahead. Just concentrate on surviving the next hour, and then if you can do that, then you can do another. Its all baby steps, and believe me, we all know here, how hard it is, but we have all made those baby steps and survived so far. Im not telling you its easy cos it isnt, and im not telling you that i or many others here are in a good place yet, cos most of us arent, but i AM telling you that you can survive this, one step at a time. We're all here to help you when you stumble, and we're all willing you on. DO try to reach out to friends and family too. As willing as we are to support you, all the cyber hugs in the world dont make up for a real one, or a real person to listen to you sometimes. I hope you feel better soon and i know you can do this, just as i know i can too, with as the song said, a little help from my friends. (((HUGS)))

• Moderators

I'm sorry us, but as you are finding out, this is a marathon, not a sprint - you can survive this, but it will take a long time to work through. Hang in there.......

Archived