Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Gravestone for husband

Sammijo2424

• Members
Sammijo2424

Today I went and picked out and designed my husband's and my gravestone, thankfully my oldest daughter was here and went with me, it was very emotional for me, but I had put it off long enough! It just makes it more real for me, but I think he would be happy with the choices I made. I just miss him so very much. Last Friday I had LASIK surgery, something he had tried to get me to do many times, just so hard going on with life without him, but I am doing it becAuse that is what I am suppose to do AND what other choice do I have

• Members

The other choice you have is to remain static and frozen in time, and not move forward. I'm glad you did it. Last week, I went to pick up my husband's ashes. They had been there for almost 7 weeks, but I just didn't want to do it. I finally did, and a good friend of mine had a hand-crafted pottery urn made for me, by his friend, who is a professional potter. It's been rough. I still haven't had the gumption to place the ashes in the urn, as I don't want to open the box containing the ashes. One step at a time......

• Members

Sammijo so glad your daughter was with you. I picked out the gravestone all by myself, it sure would have been nice to have someone with me. Laser surgery!! Yahoo, that is very exciting. Lizzy can you ask a friend to transfer the ashes or the funeral home? We will get thru this ladies.

• Members

Sammijo so glad your daughter was with you. I picked out the gravestone all by myself, it sure would have been nice to have someone with me. Laser surgery!! Yahoo, that is very exciting. Lizzy can you ask a friend to transfer the ashes or the funeral home? We will get thru this ladies.

Thanks needy. That is a thought, but I really think this is something that I have to do as a part of accepting.

• Members

I understand Lizzy, I am there for you if you need me.

Thank you sincerely. Too bad you're not my next door neighbor, lol. In fact, it might be nice to have our own little community of grievers, living here together, to be support for each other. :)

• Members

Great idea. What should we name it?

Hmm, I shall have to think on that, and get back to you. :) I'm sure that we could come up with something creative.

Archived