Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Death of mother and husband moved out

Lostwithoutmum

• Members

I lost my mother in June of 2012 after a long illness. All seven siblings were present with her in the hospital for a week with prayer and songs. She was a very strong Christian woman. I left to return home and I jumped back into a busy work schedule glad mom was not suffering anymore. It did not hit me until August when I would try to call my mother's number and carried the obituary with me in my purse every day. I became very sad and went on antidepressants and counseling.Then my husband became very angry about my "clinging" to sadness. He slowly withdrew, moved to another bedroom, locked his phone, took all his computers. We had some very heated discussions and said hurtful things. He finally decided he could not take my sadness and moved out a month ago. I feel traumatized by the loss of both parents, being so far from my siblings, and a husband who left. I am taking each day at a time and praying for peace in my life again. Thanks for allowing me to vent. Vetter

• Members

Vetter, I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother. I'm sorry, too, for the way your husband reacted to your grief. Have you tried talking to a professional about your losses or joining a group in your area? Sometimes, others who haven't experienced a profound loss just have no idea how to deal with someone else's loss. It is a struggle for everyone. However, we will be here for you. Do you have any family to talk to? Do you have work or a church group for support? --Modkonnie

• Members

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Healing just takes time and I do have family and good support at work.

• Members

You are welcome. We've all heard "it takes time," and even felt frustrated or angry when hearing those words, but they are true, aren't they?--ModKonnie

• Members
Lostwithoutmum

Hi Vetter, sorry for the loss of your mum...and for your husband's reaction. It's supposed to be through thick and thin, but I know our profound losses can affect our lives and relationships..

As this site's taught me, there are no time limits for grief so you should not have to feel rushed through it..you have suffered a traumatic experience..and you need to look after yourself..

I hope things start to look up for you soon

Archived