Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Saddest day of my life sudden loss of my mom

Landryfamily1

• Members
Landryfamily1

Talked to her Tuesday June 4th 3 times and she was fine!! Don't even a sniffle!!! Then on June 5th my world changed forever!!! Massive strokes she was only 65 and in good health. In her sleep she never woke up! After two full days of life support and the review of her living will and an MRI confirming how massive the damage was. My dad, brother, husband and sister in law had a meeting. The decision was made for us we just had to act!! So Friday morning June7th, I initiated the DNR. She was taken off the ventilator and 4 hours later was gone! They said we could have weeks or even days we where going to bring her home and take care of her!! But in 4 short hours it was over!!! My best friend, biggest supporter, number 1 fan and it goes on!!!! I can't cope! We have already cleaned out her closets, she is just gone and I am sooooo sad!!!

• Members

I am sorry for your loss, I am also dealing with these feelings, I lost my dad suddenly on April 20th. The world without him doesn't even make sense to me! I feel like I am already forgetting things, like his voice, which is just NOT OK. It's totally scaring me. Keep waiting to wake up...

• Members

For both of you who posted. I am sorry to hear of your losses. When we lose someone who is close to us, the first thing that happens is it feels like someone has taken all of our emotions and throws them into a blender, then pours them back into us. You will have times when you get hit with tidal waves of them one at a time, a few, or all at once. The isn't any consistency to it at all. Those we feel that we lose, are not lost, they are around us everyday. You feel like you will forget them, but you won't. You never will. They are closer to you now than you could imagine. They know what you are going through, and they are trying to help you. Sometimes you need to be still and listen. Grieving is a very difficult process. It doesn't come with an instruction book, but we will all go through it. With all your emotions swirling around it is hard to concentrate on anything....you are normal...we have all been there. I believe we never stop missing our loved ones, we just learn to deal with it quicker everyday. We remember them, smile or cry, and move along. When the loss first happens all of our emotions are at the surface and are very raw in nature. There is also our new companion, the heart wrenching pain. All of this is part of the grieving process, and each of us is at a different stage of it. Don't let all the books fool you, they don't come in any order. Allow yourself to feel them, and cry, yell, or scream if you have to. Rely on people or groups that can help you, and take full advantage of it. You need it and you deserve it. Asking the deadly question of "why?" usually results in shear frustration, because you may never find out the answer. But if you need to ask it, feel free to do so.

I wish you the best of luck in your journeys,

God Bless,

Al

Archived