Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Still Hurts But Getting Help

Jokece65

• Members

I have had it hard since my husband died 6 years ago March 15th 2007.Slowly some of the family had no time for me,or told me to pray and things will get better.The ones who helped were there at the end of a phone whenever I needed them.Two sons live out of town,so that and the internet helped me know someone cared.

I went on my first vacation since he died the 1st of May to the 13th,The first time going on a train for 8 hours to visit my youngest son in Quebec.I loved being there,but it was so hard my husband wasn't there this time.I found it so hard at times I explained to my granddaughters that Grandma got sad at times and just started crying.I was glad to see them,but missed Grandpa.The little one is 6 years old,and whenever I went to where I slept,she came down and asked if I was sad."Would a hug help Grandma"?That was a beautiful present I didn't expect.

Going home was hard after being around family that loved me for two weeks.My oldest son met me in Toronto and took me out for supper.That was a big gift.

I started getting sick when I got home,and had to go to the hospital 5 days later.Sitting on the train so much messed with my innards.The best thing about that, is that now I am getting some help.The Crisis person took me seriously and started with an appointment to one person,then that led to another.I am slowly getting better physically,but it has been a long haul.

Mentally I am finally getting the help I asked for so many times from professionals, and was told I was handling it well.I still have bad times and bad days,but knowing there is help for me ,lets me see maybe a future.Something I never thought of getting again.

I miss Keith so much.We were married 43 years,and out of the blue he was diagnosed with incureable cancer.It has been a rough road,but another light comes from my oldest son Keith Jr.He gave me an online job that has helped my self esteem,and being paid makes me feel worthwhile.

• Members

So sorry to hear of your loss, and the resulting problems you have had, but glad to hear you are getting help, and eventhough it was painful, I think it's great that you took the vacation. Best wishes, and please feel free to join in on the conversations with us here.

Archived