Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

At a loss.

powerball

• Members

I am new to this forum and was hoping someone could tell me how they dealt with their anger, my temper can just snap at anytime.

• Members

Powerball I'm not sure how to tell you to deal with your anger but I can tell you it is a part of the grieving process for me. I have snapped at the people in my life that mean the most to me (my daughter). I have learned to walk away from situations that I'm not ready or able to deal with. Reading this site has made me realize that all the emotions I've felt are normal. I hope it will help you as much, everyone here is so understanding.

• Members
Brokenwing702

Powerball, I too am new here and at that stage too --mad at everything and everyone. I know it's irrational but I just don't care so I'm just going with it. People who love us will understand. The others-as I said, just dont care. Lets just go with it.

• Members

I have gone threw so many levels of anger. First at my husband, total anger. I have been extremely angry at myself. Then there is anger at random people. Then there is anger at family members. Totally lost in on the kids today. I think anger is a sign that we are feeling extremely overwhelmed. It is just finding the help we need or maybe we just have to stop being so hard on ourselves.

• Members

Anger is perfectly natural in our situations. I know my fuse is extremely short...god help anyone that cuts me off in the car these days. It is important to express the anger tho, in a way that wont harm us or those around us. Go somewhere quiet and scream till youre hoarse or do it into a pillow, write a letter that says why youre angry in detail, put it away for a while, then go back to it, re read it, and then burn it, releasing it all, exercise when youre angry....go for a walk, or a swim, or a bike ride to release the energy (i know that sometimes it sneaks up on you). Whatever you do, remenber to treat yourself gently, youve been through a major trauma, and just as you wouldnt expect someone who has been in a serious accident to be "back to normal" immediatly, dont expect it of yourself. Learning to live again is a hard task especially when you carry the wounds that we all bear.

• Members

I have gone threw so many levels of anger. First at my husband, total anger. I have been extremely angry at myself. Then there is anger at random people. Then there is anger at family members. Totally lost in on the kids today. I think anger is a sign that we are feeling extremely overwhelmed. It is just finding the help we need or maybe we just have to stop being so hard on ourselves.

Imo, the bolded is one of the most difficult things to do. I've always had a tendency to be hard on myself. I am finding myself to be much more irritable than my normal. I sit at work, or just in an anonymous place, and I hear people talking and groaning about things that seem so insignificant, and I just want to scream and/or cry. I often have to hold my tongue, because I know that they can't understand my thoughts, as they can't relate to them, and I would just end up offending them, for something which is not their fault.

Archived