Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Insomnia

italia9970

• Members

Hi,

For the last 2 nights I haven´t been able to sleep. I tried an homeopathic drug (sedatif PC) and even so, only ended falling asleep after taking alprazolam 0,5 mg.

Since dad died I´ve been having troubles falling asleep, but with some help, I always ended up doing it.

The first time was yesterday at a friend´s house, but now I´m back at home, unfortunately alone and even though I drank my teas and took a pill (started in half), I can´t fall asleep

I get all this anxious thoughts about being here alone, afraid of going insane with all of this and then I can´t shut down L

I´ll be back to work Monday and wake up in the morning, so this is scaring me!

Has anyone here been through the same? What strategies have you used?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Members
Lostwithoutmum

Hi MissuDad,

I am sorry you are having trouble falling asleep.

I have had nights when I just stayed up all night staring and nothing and trying to find answers to unanswerable questions, playing in my mind the days leading up to mum's passing again and again, and trying to harness terribly overwhleming emotions...

I just want to say I know how how you feel but I really have no answers..

I hope others will be able to help you better here but my only strategy has been exhausting myself in the day...not sure if this helps with the grief but it helps with sleeping a bit quicker..

Returning to work feels scary first - I just wanted to be in a corner away from the world but then after that, I found that work has helped me take out some energy....

Hope you can manage to sleep a bit better

• Members

Hi just.want to.say sorry for.your loss i lost my dad 11 months ago and the last 4 nights i haven't slept. When i shut my eyes my mind instantly replays the night at the hospital holding his hand while he slipped away i still dont know how to cry i find myself falling to pieces all day and so much anger

• Members

I left work in April to care for my mother. She passed away 6 weeks later and, since I'm a teacher, summer vacation had started. I think about going back to work and it terrifies me in a way. My routine *always* included phone calls to my mother, specifically at 4 in the afternoon. It's got me anxious just thinking about resuming the school year and not having here there to chat about the day. She was such a sounding board for me...

Regarding the insomnia, I have definitely had it before and it's another thing that I fear when the routine clicks back into place. Are the meds helping? I'm thinking about seeing a doctor for anti-anxiety meds and giving them a try before I resume teaching. What has been your experience with them? Did they help your insomnia and did they help your anxiety?

Archived