Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Ideas for momma's clothes

noahsmommi

• Members

So I was heart set on being the one to handle my beautiful momma's clothes when she passed. I had a plan. I was going to donate them to a local thrift store where the half of the proceeds go to help children with cancer. I thought it would be a beautiful tribute to her battle with cancer. Now here we are almost 4 months later and I cant seem to part with them. So many memories I see in so many different pieces. It shocked me how I could remember "she wore this at my graduation" or "she wore that when she would clean the house in summer days". I found this great idea to make a quilt out of different article of clothing. I also found this awesome website where you send a few articles of clothing and she will make a teddy bear out of it. I am looking for other ideas that I can use her clothes to make and keep them with me instead of in a bin in our basement. Thank you all for reading <3

• Members

That is what I plan to do with our daughter's clothes, when I can. I am going to have a small quilt made out of them. It is a wonderful idea.

• Members

Hi MissUmomma,´

I think your first idea was excellent, but if you´re having trouble letting go, can´t you donate part, keep the other part and actually do the teddy bear thing?

I don´t know if this is a good idea or not, but you can also consider making a pillow for yourself.

I gave all dad´s clothes away and his furniture too, looking at those was hurting me a lot :(

Archived