Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Crying for Mama

luann dawkins

• Members
luann dawkins

New here, just trying to figure out my grief. I lost my Mama three years ago and I still cry about her several times a week. I kept thinking it would slow down as time passed, but seems to be worse. I miss her desperately! Don't seem to find much joy in things anymore, even though I have a great husband and two beautiful daughters.

• Members
immissingyou

Have you tried grief counseling or any type of counseling? It might help to get everything out and learn some steps to start coping better with the grief. I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom. :(

• Members
Lostwithoutmum

Sorry for your loss.

I don't think that time will ever ease the pain..I thought to myself again and again that I would be ready to face the yearning and everything if I can see mum just one more time, after 10 years, after 20...just see her again, give her a massive hug and tell her how much we have missed her...

The passage of time just makes me realise it's all so real, and this is no comfort.

I read this somewhere here: 'I can't do it but I am doing it anyway..' And this sums it up for me. I miss mum so much but I have to live without her, not my choice....

All I can do is keep mum's memory alive, live on the beautiful past and the precious memories that no-one can take from me, and pray mum is fine x

And you have your daughters and husband who also need you.....your mum will always be part of you and your family, you and your daughters are a continuation of her love..

x

Archived