Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

divon and I against the world

usagainsttheworld

• Members
usagainsttheworld

I'm 26 y/o and the love of my life would have been 25 this coming friday. We were high school sweet hearts and dated for 8 years before we decided to get married feb of this year. we never made it down the isle because early this year he was murdered. It will be 5 months and I'm beyond lost without him. It was divon and I against the world and now my world is shatterd. I am a medical professional and the only reason why is because my love worked his ass off while I finished school. Now I feel everything I have accomplished means nothing because he is not here with me. I'm hurting sooo bad all the time. He was a good man and we loved eachother more than life itself. I will never have the love he gave me again. I'm am grateful for that love, sooo many people go a lifetime and never experience what its like. What its like to have someone love you uncunditionally and through everything. We went to hell and back for each other. I miss and love him sooo much. My heart is broken.

• Members
Lostherwillawaysloveher

I worked very hard so my wife could be a homemaker and go to school to get into the nursing field. she was getting very close and took a lot of pride in doing so she got her cma and cna and was working on her nursing license. I took pride in working so she could do that, it gave me one more good reason to work 60+ hours a week. She never got to work in the field because of back surgery but I would not trade one of those hours of hard work getting her closer to her dream of helping others saving lives comforting others. So in short. I feel you made one of his dreams come true by accomplishing your goal of getting into he medical profession. I'm sorry for your loss my prayers will go out for you tonight.

• Members
usagainsttheworld

Thanks. I did not look it at that way. I know he would be happy its just we were suppose to be together when that time came. Its killing me that he's not.

• Members
Yadairaisabel

I am very sorry for your loss! I hope that by coming on this site you can find comfort in being able to express your feelings with people who are going thru similar circumstances. My hubby would. Have been turning 25 in feburary but unfortunately he did not make it. We have two kids.I've found a lot of comfort in just fighting hard to keep his dreams alive and do everything we planned to do together. It doesn't make it any better but its comforting to know that I'm doing things the way he would have approved of. He worked hard for you to accomplish your dreams and you did and I know he must be very proud of your accomplishments! Keep your head up and take things day by day! God bless you!

• Members

So sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds, from what you have said, that he believed in you. He worked very hard so that you could realize your dreams. Don't throw all that away. Live each day in honor of his hard work. Stand up and be proud of what the two of you have accomplished. It isn't that you are walking alone, he is right beside you every step of the way.

As a medical professional you are well aware of the grieving process, as well as therapists, and support groups that are available to you. Use them, use all of them. Grieving is not an easy process. We can all attest to that.You know he would have wanted you to go on, and pursue your dreams. Don't let all his efforts go to waste. He did them for you, now live your life and use you talents in his honor. Keep your head up, and take one day, one step at a time.

Hope this helps a little,

God Bless,

Al

• Members
usagainsttheworld

Thanks everyone I appreciate your help.

Archived