Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Believe in God...

BreathofAngel

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Claudia,a slightly belated happy birthday, kiddo! How sweet to get the roses! Thanks for being here and for saying what you did. I appreciate it a lot. luvz, hugz, Me

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey all.  I am just checking in.  We are still digging out here.  Many contractors and such to deal with, but those are such minor things.

My daughter's ex-husband's father passed away today.  It was quite a shock.  He was clearing out his year right after the hurricane and began having breathing difficulties.  At the hospital he was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.  So quick and such a wonderful man.  He and his wife were such nice people to be around.  They are mine and my husbands age, so it's so heartbreaking.  Please put them in your prayers tonight.  He was a Christian man and I know that his pain is gone, but his families grief and pain has just begun. 

I hope all is well, nothing on here from Mark; hey buddy, I hope all is well with you.  You seemed a little dark, I hope there are some bright days for you lately.  Know you are in my thoughts and prayers. 

So hugs to all of you, sorry for absence, just staying buzier than I planned on for October.  Halloween is almost here, my favorite time; always makes me sad that Jeffrey is not here to help me scare the be-geepers out of little ones.  Anyway, hang in there; our time here is not long, we will be with them again!!!!

Peace and blessings, Jackie

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Mark, you've been in my thoughts and prayers as the 16th has come and gone. Please let us know how you're doing...

Jackie, you have my prayers. I'm so sorry for your daughter's x's family's loss, but glad to know he is with Jesus!! I can't imagine better company than he and those in his presence..... some day... Love, Claudia

• Members

Claudia & Jackie - I hadn't seen posts from so many of the people I watch for that I was getting concerned...and I too wish that Mark would let us know how he and his family are doing...which is why I'd like to post here that if at all possible, those of you who post on a regular type basis and actually others as well, that you let a family member know you are posting here should something happen that would prevent you from continuing to post, they would be able to let the rest of us know.   Even tho we've never met, those here on these boards have become people I truly wish to continue to connect with.  Hope all are OK...and will Take Care, Candy

• Members

Hey Candy!  Hope you are well.   I always liked to make the assumption that if somoene is not posting here, then they have had a grief healing break-through.  Even though I have now decided that a break-through is impossible; I think we just adjust to it rather than heal from it.  I have found that on the days that I miss my family so much I just stop and thank God that they are where they are and I try so hard to not feel sorry for myself.  I do miss them though and I cannot heal from that, this much I know now for sure.  I don't think there is a healing process, but an adapting process.  Your new life just encompasses the pain and makes you a different person.  Like so many things we learn as we age, we are evolving until we are no longer exposed to the pains and trials of this earthly life.  This is what keeps me moving forward, knowing that when my evolution ceases, then I will be with Him and with my family. 

Like you though, I cling to my friends and relationships here, I need you and my other friends here.  While the rest of the world continues on, I still hang on the part of my thougths of how the world was when I first came here.  I need to know that yes, you are still having bad days, as I am, and I get so excited when I see a post and it's someone sharing a joy that they have experienced. 

It's such an odd balance though, I get excited because my youngest daughter is due in Decemeber, and then a pang of sorrow hits me because Jeffrey is not here to see her become a mother, nor Mom or Dad.  Then I get angry and wonder why?  Why can't they be here to share in this?  These are the parts of our lives that we have to turn over to God and know that he is handling the things that we cannot. 

I don't know why I got on such a sermon there, maybe because the skys are grey here and when I leave the house I see other families tyring to pull their lives back together after the hurricane.  While this should be a positive thing, I still wonder how the people that lost everything continue to get up each day and tackle another chore.  Seeing your post though did make me smile, I hope that you are well today. 

I guess we will hear from Mark when we hear from him, just a reminder to whisper a prayer for him and his family.  As well as Claudia and my good friend Diane.  She is embarking on the anniversary of her brother's death this weekend.  Hope the weekend treats you well.  I am stopping my hurricane recovery and going to a baby shower for my little one.  That will certainly bring a smile.  Take care & hugs your way.  Peace and blessings, Jackie

• Members

Jackie - Thank you for each and every word you typed, and I read it today, my third birthday with my mom....and it helped very much.  I can identify with all that you said and hope that you as well as doing ok and I hope you had a funfilled shower.  Prayers to all - take care, Candy   That should have read third birthday withOUT my mom as I'm sure anyone who read would know...oops.

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

It's been very painful for me over the last few days. Thank you for keepin me in your prayers, my dear friends. Jackie, thanks for always being there. I knew you would be. I've been going through a lot of hurt with Jennifer's birthday. I miss her. She turned 34 this year. I often wonder what she's doing of if she's thinking of her daddy. Thank you all for your prayers and for keeping me in your constant prayers. I keep each of you in my constant prayers. luv you all, Mark

• Members

Mark

I am so sorry that you are going through such a trying time.  As painful as it is, remember what He said, "this life is but a vapor".  While our pain is so intense at times, it is short in comparison to the days that we will spend with our family again.  Those days will be unending. 

I am anxious to see my family again.  I want to be with my parents, I want my father to sing to me again and my mother to brush my hair.  And I want for my brother to tell me his goofball jokes and pick at me once again.  I miss that so much.  I will meet Jenn too.  I will see all of the beauty that you speak of, and I know that I will know her.  I will know her right off, and Joey too.  I know that with all of my heart.  When I get there, they will be one of the first to come up and say, "hey, you know my dad and you know my mother".  Those are the things that keep me uplifted. The knowledge that we will meet and we will see them again.  Such joy...that's what I long for. 

Mark, my prayers are with you, if I could do something to ease your pain I would, I would certainly try, but what I have to offer is prayers.  And you know as well as I do that nothing works like prayer does.  I hope you have a peacefilled weekend, I hope that God brings you smiles as you think of Jenn.  I hope that he gives you promise of grandbabies to come, as he has given me.  We have only 8 weeks left and I got to hear his strong heartbeat today.  God's miracles, they give us promise.  So good night to you my dear friend. My thougths are with you.  Hugs, peace and blessings.  Your sister in Christ and your friend, Jackie

• Members
4everjoeysmom

To all my Sisters and Brothers here, (and Mark a special hug for you), thoughts and prayers are with me for each of you this Thanksgiving Day.

Love, Claudia

• Members

I believe in God,but I'm having a hard time believing in a heaven,or life after death.I know this doesn't make sense,if you believe in one you should automatically believe in the other.I want to believe so bad,but the whole concept seems like a fairytale.I would love knowing and believing without a doubt that I will one day re-unite with my parents and spend eternity with them.I'm just really having a hard time with this.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Lots of people "believe in God", but I guess my first question to you, before engaging in depth would be, do you believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and absolutely Truth?

• Members

I have a hard time believing everything in the Bible.I always thought that it was full of stories to prove a point.I was raised Catholic,but I always had a hard time believing what they preach.Like I said,I do believe in a God,I'm just really having a hard time believing that all my loved ones that have died are really somewhere else right now.I hate feeling this way,but I have always been the type of person who needs proof of everything.Alot of people I know believe in reincarnation,but I hate this idea of my loved ones coming back as someone else,if that happens,than they won't be in"heaven"when I get there.I guess I'm just really confused.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Butterfly, I can certainly understand all of the confusing thoughts that rumble, especially when we are missing our loved ones and are smacked with a reality that they are not here. Our hearts and minds are searching frantically for something that makes sense, and for something to have hope in--hoping that there is more than this.

I was raised by loosely practicing catholic mother who had roots in the Roman Catholic church in Germany, but after coming to the US when I was a child had stopped attending regular services. She was shunned for marrying a protestant man. As a result, I grew up exposed to a lot of reformed churches as well--just about every denomination. I was always in search of that "something more" and would attend services with friends and my dad's family--grandma, aunts, etc.

I have come to believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, and is infallible in its original writings--the ancient documents, proved and tested, and canonized as Scripture. I believe the Red Letters in the Bible are the words spoken by Jesus when he came and walked on this earth, Emmanuel--God among us. When Jesus chose His Apostles and taught on this Earth, he spoke more of Heaven and Hell that anyone else. I have to believe what he says is true, because I believe He is who He said He was. I believe He is God-incarnate. That said, I can look into Scripture and study the things that he and the Apostles taught on Heaven, and I can find comfort in knowing that Heaven exists--because Jesus said it exists. Not because of what people want to believe, or stories made up to help ease the heart and conscience, but truly because Jesus brought the truth about Heaven to life when He taught it among the people.

I have studied a lot about heaven since my son Joey died. I wanted to know more about the place where He is now. I've learned a lot. There are still mysteries that are yet to unfold for me, but I have found peace with what I have learned and understand so far. And I have faith in what I am learning, because I have faith in the true written word as being God's word--not just stories in a book, although there are many, many stories (that are true) that are like adventure tales and wonderful ways to get to know about God's character and nature. Faith is in the things "unseen" as much as it is in the things that are tangible, like the Bible and knowing from historic accounts that Jesus actually was here, did teach, and did raise from the dead to ascend into Heaven again after coming to His people once again to prove he was who he said He was and that prophesy had been fulfilled. Lots of the Old Testament holds prophesies of the things to come that led to Jesus' arrival on the scene and how His life and death would come to be. Lots of the New Testament holds the fulfillment of those prophesies and the Promises Jesus made to His people in The New Covenant that was made between Him and us when He died on the cross and was resurrected. The Bible is all about relationship--Ours with Him. His with His people.

I would love to share with you as you embark on your journey of discovering the wonderful insights into Jesus, who He truly is, and what that means for us now. If you would like to explore, we can do so openly here, or maybe you would like to e-mail me and/or find me in a chat program, like Yahoo Messenger or Skype. My e-mail is clab2010@yahoo.com. My name is Claudia, and I am praying for you that God will lead you on a beautiful and life-changing, hope-filled journey of discovering Him. To discover Him also is to discover His Kingdom in Heaven and on Earth.

Hugs & Blessings,

Claudia (4everJoeysMom)

• Members

Claudia,  I am so sorry to hear that you lost your son,I know that is one of the greatest losses anyone can ever experience.Thank you for your reply,what you are saying makes sense.Ever since my mom died my biggest fear is that she isn't anywhere right now,that it's just the end of everything for her,and the thought of never seeing her again is unbearable.Ever since she died,I have asked alot of people if they believe in life after death-or heaven.It has been so disappointing to hear most people say no.I guess they have gotten me doubting it also,most people say to me that the thought of heaven is just a way to get you through your grief,I hope not.I guess I just need to have more faith,I envy people like you that believe without any doubts,again thank you!

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Butterfly, I have absolutely NO doubts. And it's not my heart's way of dealing with things. Truly! It is purely the grace of God and the gift of faith that was planted in my heart by Him--His seed. You can have that too. It's free, because He already paid in full.

As you begin to release your fears and doubts, please know that there are others who care and will listen to you and walk with you along the journey.

Blessings,

Claudia

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Hi Claudia, my prayers are forever with you. I'm sorry for falling off the planet ... again. It hurts so much. I feel more and more like Job, having everyone I love being taken from me for no reason I understand. It hurts. I don't even feel up to talking about it ... at least not in a public place. I'd like to talk more on my IM or email, but at the moment, I'm hurting. Over American Thanksgiving holiday, I lost so much. I know you'll understand. I can barely see the monitor, so I'll say I'm here, even if I'm hurting. luv ya, hugz, Mark  ps my IM is bluesbassist72 on yahoo

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Butterfly, I'm sorry you have lost a child, someone so close to your soul. I understand ... truly. My thoughts and most sincere prayers will be with you each moment of each day. Be patient with yourself through this time of your healing. Give yourself this time of healing. It's not selfish, but a time for you to heal. Take gentle care of yourself. Always here for you, Mark

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Mark, I'll be looking for you on YM. You should have a friend request pending from me. Hugs & Prayers, Claudia

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Claudia, it was so good to talk with you. God created us sisters and brothers in this world for a reason, and I'm thankful. I have something for prayer, but I'll pop that off in email. Take care of your self. I'm always praying for you all down there with all those things you must do. luv y'all, Mark

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Hey there butterfly, I hope you're doing okay. I read your posts. May I give you a suggestion? Would it be worth your while to read the Bible that seems to be stories? Remember, it's God's Book, not ours. It's His story to reveal to us, not ours. This is spiritual, not physical. It's not like picking up a book at the the store and reading it. This is a book you can read and read and read and still get more from. It's THE Book of Life! I don't preach religion. If you're willing to read the Book, wonderful. If you have any questions ... we're here. I'm Mark. I wish you the very best

• Members

Mark,  Yes,I think I will do that.I just feel like I have lost alot of faith this past year,and I'm ashamed to say,but I have been really mad at God lately.I was always grateful for what I had,and always thanked God for good health for me and my family,but when that all changed,I just feel mad!I feel like I have no control over my life,plans and dreams for my future have been changed by the loss of others,and I don't understand why.I'm surrounded by people at work who have everything-healthy families,children etc..and they don't appreciate it.I just don't understand Gods ways sometimes.Anyway,I will take your advice- Thank You!!

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Butterfly, I'm sorry you've been through so much. My daughter Jennifer was killed in 96 after being raped. I understand your pain. Please be patient with yourself in your healing. It takes time. I'll be here for you. God created us with our emotions, even anger. He called all of His creation good. Even though we don't agree with Him and get angry, He still loves us and accepts us as His children. It's not about our actions, but about faith. It's always about faith. Please be patient with yourself while you heal. If there's anything I can do to help, feel free to ask. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. Mark

• Members

Mark-  I am so sorry to hear about your daughter,that is devastating!Coping with that kind of loss is unimaginable,you must be a very strong person.Thanks for not being mad at me for being angry at god,I do think you're right about god understanding all of our emotions,if I'm not mad than I'm sad,I just hope that one day I can truly be happy again.I guess it takes time.I will keep on praying,and I will keep you in my prayers also.

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Butterfly, be patient with yourself. These feelings we endure are understandable. The ups and downs of grieving and healing are just like a roller coaster. Take each day one at a time; my prayers are with you. Mark

• Members

Hi my friends.  I just wanted to reach out and say hello.  The holidays are over, our home is almost completely repaired after Ike and I have a beautiful new grandson to rejoice over.  I am forever greatful to God for seeing us through these hard times, and I am certainly thankful for my dear friends here. 

Jeffrey's birthday is less than a month away and those pangs of hurt, anger and fear are creeping back in.  I wish so badly that he could see the new baby.  Two years ago Jack was born less than a month before Jeff's departure, and now another grandson that I could share with him will not know him.  They will miss out completely on their wacky Great Uncle Jeff.  These seem to sadden me the most.

Just wanted to send hugs and best wishes for the new year to my dear friends and prayer warriors, just asking for a whisper of prayer. 

Love and hugs to you all, peace & blessings, jeffreyssister.

• Members

Jackie - I come to the boards almost daily, but it's been far too long since I've seen posts from names I recognize.  It's so good to hear that your home is almost done.  I understand your feelings about not being able to share you brother with the new ones...it's hard for me to know that two of my granddaughters will not know my mom, but I tell stories about her and share her picture as often as I can.  Do try to celebrate Jeffrey's birthday and treasure all your memories of him, and take care of yourself.  And instead of wispers of prayer, may I shout unto the Lord in prayer for you and so many others on this site.

• Members

You are so sweet, you always have been.  I was off for a while with so much going on and I could feel in my heart how much I missed my friends here.  With the holidays past things seem to setttle somewhat, but the emptiness in my heart is still there.  I was cleaning my closet and ran across a box I had put to the top, it brought fresh memories.  It was nice though, not as sad as it used to be.  I have a good friend who has things of her fathers sealed and she goes in periodically just to smell them.  It so funny (not really ha ha funny) but she quickly opens it up, takes a quick breath through her nose and then seals it very fast.  It's almost like a ritual, she preps the area so that she will be able to seal it back immediately.  She knows that one day the scent will be gone, but she hangs onto it as long as possible. 

I responded the other day to a thread where an actress was looking for some guidance on who to remove a loved one from life support.  Wow, that one sure brought back memories, and not good ones.  It's bizarre, but I sometimes find it cleansing to re-live that day.  Isn't that odd...perhaps they should come pick me up in one of these white coats...you know the one, with the wrap around arms!!!  We still have ashes left to deal with.  I was thinking the other day of just pouring them on the table and tracing a profile of him, or remember those silly things where they were magnet shavings and you drug them with a little plastic pencil to put hair on a picture that was under the plastic...  Yep, more bizarre and random thoughts!  Gosh I just miss him so much. 

My prayers are with you too, and I appreciate so much you tossing one up for me (or shouting one up for me)!  Is your email still the same?  If so, I'll get it from your profile and shoot you an email with some pictures of new baby.  Take care my friend.

Peace and blessings, Jackie

• Administrators

Guess who is traveling the farthest to our reunion?

It's Trudi.

Trudi is traveling all the way from Australia to Minneapolis, MN for our Beyond Indigo reunion in August!

If Trudi can make it, so can you! 

Come check our reunion page: http://www.beyondindigo.com/reunion/

Hope to see you there!

• Members

Please keep me in prayers - i lost my mother a little over 2 years ago and its so painful still, even now. Some days are just so hard without her in my life. I just feel like she got so little of happiness in her life, she grew up very poor and by a abusive mother and then found a abusive man, my father who beat her and tormented her. And then died so young, she left my father early on but still was with him long enough for him to hurt her very much. He did many horrible things to her but i don't want to get into that here. It hurt's to much to. So she was my only close family and now she is gone and has been for some time. I hurt so much to see her again. Thank you to anyone who prays for me.

• Administrators

Hello!

Could you take a moment out of your days and elect Beyond Indigo for the spotlight program for American Express? You have to register but then you can vote for us. We need 50 nominations by tomorrow night Midnight!! If we win then we receive 100,000 dollars which I want to put towards a site administrator for this website. Can you please help and pass the word to the others?

Just go to http://shinealight.ivillage.com/, click nominees and type in Beyond Indigo and our name will pop up. The direct link to the page is here at

http://shinealight.ivillage.com/nominees/?PerPage=10&Order=&x=0&y=0&Search=Beyond+Indigo.

Let's shoot for 50 plus nominees by tomorrow night! Thank you for your help.

Kelly Baltzell

Founder

Beyond Indigo

• Members

Please pray for the people out there who are into the occult thru tarot cards etc. And yes that is still the occult no matter how harmless it may seem. I have known so many ladies esp. who were into this junk, and they seemed like really nice people.

I fear they may lose their souls and then what ? I hope maybe some of them will wake up  and repent and get away from that crap !  It changes people and their minds. It makes people crabby and lost with no direction in their life but what their psychic advisor tells them to do.

Today, many people dabble in the mystical, occultic arts. Is there anything wrong with being involved in these practices? Yes, the Bible takes a clear position on this subject, strongly denouncing these practices. God created us and therefore owns us. He has a right to set the rules for our lives. God's Word indicates that these practices are part of Satan's strategy of evil tricks and deception, designed to lead us astray. Satan and his demons are real beings set on our destruction. Christians are warned to "put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:11-12).

See:

Concerning occult practices, the Israelites were told:

“When you come into the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the
abominations
of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire [an ancient occult practice], or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination [detestable] to the LORD…”

-

Astrology (predictions by the planets or moon; horoscopes; sometimes referred to as “observing times” in the Old Testament)

Although the Bible does go into great detail about astrology, it certainly makes its position clear. We should never trust in astrological beliefs or predictions. Astrology is an ancient, heathen practice that leads to disaster. Our lives are not determined by the stars or movement of planets. The Bible warns against the false predictions of astrology (Jeremiah 10:2; 27:9-10; Daniel 2:1-4; 4:7; 5:7-9) and repeatedly condemns the associated practice of worshipping the sun, moon and stars (or “deities or demons associated with them”) (Deuteronomy 4:19; 17:2-5; 2 Kings 21:3, 5; Zephaniah 1:5; Job 31:26-28; Jeremiah 8:1-2).

In Isaiah, God sarcastically rebukes Israel for practicing astrology,

…For you have trusted in your wickedness… Therefore evil shall come upon you… trouble shall fall upon you… Let now the
, the stargazers, And the monthly prognosticators stand up and save you from what shall come upon you. Behold, they shall be as stubble, The fire shall burn them; They shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame…

-

Magic, Spells, Enchantments, Charming, Sorcery, Wizardry, Witchcraft

Research has shown that occult magic is often fraudulent and deceitful illusion - counterfeit miracles. Many books have been written on this subject. In some instances, occult magic or divination are a manifestation of demonic powers or the result of demon possession (Acts 16:16). Of course, the power of Satan and his demons is extremely limited compared to God's power.

Those who follow the path of the magic arts are on the wrong path - a road that leads away from God, not toward Him. In one way or another, the end will be disaster. The evil Queen Jezebel practiced witchcraft (2 Kings 9:22) bringing catastrophe on herself and all Israel. Over and over, God denounces those who “conjure spells” (NKJV) and those who practice witchcraft and sorcery. The Bible says that anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord (Deuteronomy 18:10-12; 2 Kings 21:6; Micah 5:12; Isaiah 47:12; Ezekiel 13:18, 20; Acts 8:11-24; Leviticus 20:27; Exodus 7:11; Revelation 9:21; 22:15).

God warns of the ultimate punishment. Revelation 21:8 says of "…those who practice magic arts …their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur… the second death" (NIV). Those who practice witchcraft (sorcery) will not inherit the kingdom of God (Galatians 5:20-21). These practices are anti-God and are in rebellion against Him.

Many of citizens of ancient Ephesus practiced the magic arts. Those who became Christians realized the foolish error of their former lives and burned their expensive books of magic as the trash they were (Acts 19:19).

The Bible tells how the apostle Paul once dealt with one of these deceivers, a sorcerer and false prophet who led people astray. "Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him and said, O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord? And now, indeed, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you shall be blind, not seeing the sun for a time.' And immediately a dark mist fell on him, and he went around seeking someone to lead him by the hand" (Acts 13:9-11).

Divination, Fortune-telling, Mediums, Spiritism, Necromancy, Familiar Spirits, Wizardry, Seances, Channeling, Clairvoyance, Spirit-guides

The Bible strongly warns people not to consult mediums and spiritists for the truth, but to inquire of God (Isaiah 8:19). Clearly, if those who practiced these arts have any power (beyond being great deceivers), it is not a gift from God (as some falsely claim). The Bible condemns and forbids these practices several times (Deuteronomy 18:9-14; Isaiah 44:25; Jeremiah 27:9; 2 Kings 21:6; 23:24). Divination and Spiritism were despised practices of the heathens (Ezekiel 21:21; Isaiah 19:3; 1 Samuel 28). Scripture says that one of the reasons King Saul died was "because he consulted a medium for guidance" rather than God (1 Chronicles 10:13-14).

The Bible provides examples showing the folly and failures of those who claimed the ability to predict the future based on their own powers or those of spirits (Daniel 2:27, etc.). God calls the word of diviners “nonsense,” “lies” and “deception” for foolish people (Ezekiel 13:8; Jeremiah 14:14; Isaiah 44:25). God said, "Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing!" (Ezekiel 13:3). If an Israelite lived the deceitful practice of being a medium, it was punishable by death (Leviticus 20:27). The presence of a medium or spiritist among God's people of Israel was considered a defilement (Leviticus 19:31). All these practices take people further from their Creator, the true and living God.

Following omens or signs

We are not to look to omens or “signs” to direct our lives. The Bible reprimands people for doing this. It is an “abomination” and foolishness (Deuteronomy 18:10-12). Look to God and His instructions for life as provided in the Bible. To do otherwise is to foolishly deceive yourself, or allow Satan and others to deceive you.

• Members

[user=9209]sillygirl[/user] wrote:

ANON...I AM NOT THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM, IT IS MOST DEFINATELY YOU! IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT THE BIBLE STATES IS TRUE, THEN WHERE DID THIS WORLD EVOLVE FROM? WHAT, DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE EVOLUTION THAT WE CAME FROM APES? YOU SURE CAN QUOTE THE SCRIPTURES! I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR YOU, BECAUSE WHEN JESUS COMES AGAIN TO TAKE ALL OF HIS PEOPLE HOME, YOU WILL BE HERE ON THIS EARTH WHICH WILL BE A HELL ON EARTH. THINGS WILL HAPPEN LIKE MANKIND HAS NEVER SEEN BEFORE. IF YOU DENY GOD TO OTHERS, THEN HE WILL DENY YOU ON THE JUDGEMENT DAY AND YOU WILL FOREVER BE ENTOMBED IN HELL, IN THE LAKE OF FIRE. GOD IS REAL, HE IS THE ONLY SALVATION. WHEN YOU ARE CONDEMNED TO HELL FOREVER AND THE FLAMES ARE BURNING YOU, YOU WILL WISH THAT YOU HAD NOT DENIED GOD. YOU JUST DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT IS IN STORE FOR YOU. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, YOU WILL, YOU WILL FIND OUT THE HARD WAY. IM GLAD THAT I DONT FEEL THE WAY THAT YOU DO, WHAT A SAD AND ANGRY PERSON YOU MUST BE. ONE DAY YOU WILL UNDERSTAND ALL OF THIS.

I agree --

• Members

[align=center]LETTER IN THE NIGHT [/align]

[align=center]This is pretty deep and definitely worth reading!  You just can't keep it to yourself, you've got to tell somebody about the love  of God! Be blessed! [/align]

[align=center]One day a woman named Louise fell asleep in her bed and dreamed a very fitful dream.  She dreamed that someone in Hell wrote a letter to her, and it was to be delivered to her by a messenger. [/align]

[align=center]The messenger passed between the lakes of burning fire and brimstone that occupies Hell and found his way to the door that would lead him to the outside world. [/align]

[align=center]Louise dreamed that the messenger walked to her house, came inside, and gently but firmly woke Louise.  He gave her the message, saying only that a friend had written it to her from Hell. [/align]

[align=center]Louise, in her dream with trembling hands, took the letter and read: [/align]

[align=center]My Friend, I stand in Judgment now, And feel that you're to blame somehow. Never did you point the way. You knew the Lord in truth and glory, But never did you tell the story. My knowledge then was very dim; You could have led me safe to Him. Though we lived together on the earth, You never told me of the second birth, And now I stand this day condemned, Because you failed to mention Him. You taught me many things, that's true. I called you "friend" and trusted you, But I learn now that it's too late, You could have kept me from this fate. We walked by day and talked by night, And yet you showed me not the Light. You let me live, and love, and die, You knew I'd never live on high. Yes, I called you "friend" in life, And trusted you through joy and strife. And yet on coming to the end, I cannot, now, call you "My Friend." Marsha [/align]

[align=center]After reading the letter, Louise awoke.  The dream was still so real in her mind and sweat dropped from her body in pools.  She swore she could still smell the acrid smell of brimstone and smoke from her room. [/align]

[align=center]As she contemplated the meaning of her dream, she realized that as a Christian, she had failed in her duty to "go out to all the world and preach the gospel." As she thought of that, she promised herself that the next day, she would call Marsha and invite her to church with her. [/align]

[align=center]The next morning she called Marsha, and this was the conversation: [/align]

[align=center]"Hello Bill, is Marsha there?" [/align]

[align=center]"Louise, you don't know?" [/align]

[align=center]"No, Bill, know what?" [/align]

[align=center]"Marsha WAS KILLED LAST NIGHT IN A CAR ACCIDENT.  I thought you knew." [/align]

[align=center]Fellow Christian, is this your testimony?  Are you witnessing to your friends that you are with everyday?  Or will there be friends of yours in Hell, asking you why you did not tell them about JESUS? [/align]

[align=center]As your friend. . . [/align]

[align=center]If you don't know Jesus, here's how: [/align]

[align=center]If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  (Romans 10:9 - 10) [/align]

• Members
4everjoeysmom

I would like to post this in the HOPE that if any of my old friends that used to frequent this thread might be interested in a relational Cause For Christ to honor a lost loved one this holiday season by spreading HOPE and LOVE through hands on ministry and feeding poor families in Ecuador this Christmas.

Here is a recap of last year's Christmas Basket project that my husband and I did through the mission we founded. Many BI parents contributed in honor of their children and it was such a blessing for us all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puy708i7ghE

We're reaching out for 2009 now, to offer poor families in our rural area of Ecuador a Christmas Chicken as well as enough dry goods, grains, and essential sanitary products to meet a families needs for 2-3 weeks, maybe longer. Each basket will, like last year, be roughly 50# and will cost $50. Donations of $10 up to equal $50 will be pooled to make one basket. Funds may be made out and sent to:

Pathways International (NC), Inc

624 Holly Springs Rd, #222

Holly Springs, NC 27540

or made directly on our ministry web site using Google Checkout at http://pathwaysinternational.org/

Thanks all for your consideration and for checking out our slideshow of last year's Christmas blessings.

xoxoxo

Claudia (4EverJoeysMom)

• Members

Angel44,  Do you really believe that tarot cards can change people??  If you are trying to speak God's words you should realize we are ALL Gods children and he condems no one.  There is a saying people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.  It makes me sad to see so many people with closed minds.  Everyone is different and deals with things differently!  And really who are YOU to judge!!!!  My heart goes out to you for the loss of your Mother.  I lost my son but I will stick to my guns as far as your assesment of tarot cards and other "evil" things go.   I believe You are blaming the wrong things or persons.  Tarot cards cannot change a person and if someone has a spirtual adviser as you say....  I believe they alllowed themselves to get involved with that.  Don't get me wrong because I don't believe that all of those things are not true but, would I base my life on them.  No.  I am sure God would not want any of us judging another based on any of that or for that matter anything.  We have all been thru terrible losses and I would like to think  he would want us to help each other.  That is just my opinion.  My prayers are with you..

• Members

Hun i only go by what the christian bible says --- it condemns such practices -  as evil - these arent my words but Gods words - go to any christian church and ask what they think of tarot cards etc - do it for your self not for me  ps i dont use tarot cards - so dont say i live in a glass house - and by the way me  telling  what the bible says is not condemning any one just telling the truth. Gods truth not mine. And yes there is a hell: a place for rapist's, murderer's, child killers and etc. Look at some of the bible based scripture if you want proof. Dont ask me look in the bible.

• Members

This is what the bible says not me -- pick up a bible and check it out for yourself

Today, many people dabble in the mystical, occultic arts. Is there anything wrong with being involved in these practices? Yes, the Bible takes a clear position on this subject, strongly denouncing these practices. God created us and therefore owns us. He has a right to set the rules for our lives. God's Word indicates that these practices are part of Satan's strategy of evil tricks and deception, designed to lead us astray. Satan and his demons are real beings set on our destruction. Christians are warned to "put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" (Ephesians 6:11-12).

See:

Concerning occult practices, the Israelites were told:

“When you come into the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the
abominations
of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire [an ancient occult practice], or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination [detestable] to the LORD…”

-

Astrology (predictions by the planets or moon; horoscopes; sometimes referred to as “observing times” in the Old Testament)

Although the Bible does go into great detail about astrology, it certainly makes its position clear. We should never trust in astrological beliefs or predictions. Astrology is an ancient, heathen practice that leads to disaster. Our lives are not determined by the stars or movement of planets. The Bible warns against the false predictions of astrology (Jeremiah 10:2; 27:9-10; Daniel 2:1-4; 4:7; 5:7-9) and repeatedly condemns the associated practice of worshipping the sun, moon and stars (or “deities or demons associated with them”) (Deuteronomy 4:19; 17:2-5; 2 Kings 21:3, 5; Zephaniah 1:5; Job 31:26-28; Jeremiah 8:1-2).

In Isaiah, God sarcastically rebukes Israel for practicing astrology,

…For you have trusted in your wickedness… Therefore evil shall come upon you… trouble shall fall upon you… Let now the
, the stargazers, And the monthly prognosticators stand up and save you from what shall come upon you. Behold, they shall be as stubble, The fire shall burn them; They shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame…

-

Magic, Spells, Enchantments, Charming, Sorcery, Wizardry, Witchcraft

Research has shown that occult magic is often fraudulent and deceitful illusion - counterfeit miracles. Many books have been written on this subject. In some instances, occult magic or divination are a manifestation of demonic powers or the result of demon possession (Acts 16:16). Of course, the power of Satan and his demons is extremely limited compared to God's power.

Those who follow the path of the magic arts are on the wrong path - a road that leads away from God, not toward Him. In one way or another, the end will be disaster. The evil Queen Jezebel practiced witchcraft (2 Kings 9:22) bringing catastrophe on herself and all Israel. Over and over, God denounces those who “conjure spells” (NKJV) and those who practice witchcraft and sorcery. The Bible says that anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord (Deuteronomy 18:10-12; 2 Kings 21:6; Micah 5:12; Isaiah 47:12; Ezekiel 13:18, 20; Acts 8:11-24; Leviticus 20:27; Exodus 7:11; Revelation 9:21; 22:15).

God warns of the ultimate punishment. Revelation 21:8 says of "…those who practice magic arts …their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur… the second death" (NIV). Those who practice witchcraft (sorcery) will not inherit the kingdom of God (Galatians 5:20-21). These practices are anti-God and are in rebellion against Him.

Many of citizens of ancient Ephesus practiced the magic arts. Those who became Christians realized the foolish error of their former lives and burned their expensive books of magic as the trash they were (Acts 19:19).

The Bible tells how the apostle Paul once dealt with one of these deceivers, a sorcerer and false prophet who led people astray. "Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him and said, O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord? And now, indeed, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you shall be blind, not seeing the sun for a time.' And immediately a dark mist fell on him, and he went around seeking someone to lead him by the hand" (Acts 13:9-11).

Divination, Fortune-telling, Mediums, Spiritism, Necromancy, Familiar Spirits, Wizardry, Seances, Channeling, Clairvoyance, Spirit-guides

The Bible strongly warns people not to consult mediums and spiritists for the truth, but to inquire of God (Isaiah 8:19). Clearly, if those who practiced these arts have any power (beyond being great deceivers), it is not a gift from God (as some falsely claim). The Bible condemns and forbids these practices several times (Deuteronomy 18:9-14; Isaiah 44:25; Jeremiah 27:9; 2 Kings 21:6; 23:24). Divination and Spiritism were despised practices of the heathens (Ezekiel 21:21; Isaiah 19:3; 1 Samuel 28). Scripture says that one of the reasons King Saul died was "because he consulted a medium for guidance" rather than God (1 Chronicles 10:13-14).

The Bible provides examples showing the folly and failures of those who claimed the ability to predict the future based on their own powers or those of spirits (Daniel 2:27, etc.). God calls the word of diviners “nonsense,” “lies” and “deception” for foolish people (Ezekiel 13:8; Jeremiah 14:14; Isaiah 44:25). God said, "Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing!" (Ezekiel 13:3). If an Israelite lived the deceitful practice of being a medium, it was punishable by death (Leviticus 20:27). The presence of a medium or spiritist among God's people of Israel was considered a defilement (Leviticus 19:31). All these practices take people further from their Creator, the true and living God.

Following omens or signs

We are not to look to omens or “signs” to direct our lives. The Bible reprimands people for doing this. It is an “abomination” and foolishness (Deuteronomy 18:10-12). Look to God and His instructions for life as provided in the Bible. To do otherwise is to foolishly deceive yourself, or allow Satan and others to deceive you.

• Members

• Members

Angel44,  You have your opions and I have mine.  Like I said before I feel very sad for people with closed minds.  Also,  my point about people living in glass houses had nothing to do with YOU doing tarot cards..  Maybe should look more into the Bible.  I think we should look into ourselves before judging others. Just because you can repeat the Bible does not make you without sin.  I was brought up going to Church, I am the last of 13 children.  I have no problem with you and your feelings about God, Heaven, and Hell but please do not try and force your beliefs on others or make them feel bad for not believing in yours.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Even Satan knows the Bible word for word and recites it well...

This thread has just become littered with religious words these days. There is no "heart and soul" here anymore... It saddens me. It used to be so full of life... Now only words spat out like viper venom that are spewed in the name of Love for Jesus............. :(

It isn't WHAT you know. It's WHO you know that's important. And it isn't the Scriptures you know, but HOW YOU PUT WHAT YOU BELIEVE INTO ACTION that really matters.

• Members

[user=16030]4everjoeysmom[/user] wrote:

It isn't WHAT you know. It's WHO you know that's important. And it isn't the Scriptures you know, but HOW YOU PUT WHAT YOU BELIEVE INTO ACTION that really matters.

Claudia, you say it so completely... I stopped by looking for a little wisdom and what you said really hit home.  thanks

• Members

4everJoeysMom   I just read what you wrote.  I agree completly.  I went to this website for help in dealing with the terrible pain of losing my child.  Yet, I will not have people condeming me for things I believe in and I will not condem others for their beliefs.  As I stated before all of us are dealing with an incredible loss in our lives and I would like to think we would want to help one another instead of creating more pain.  I very rarely write on this site because of the feeling that I don't quite belong.

• Members

It is really sad to read that somebody thinks they don't belong here, in a forum that says I believe in God.  I know how you feel though, I came here hoping to find some insight to God.  I have such a war in my heart, one minute I love God the next he makes me so angry...  Nobody is perfect I am a firm believer in that, and God knows this.  I try hard to be the kind of person I should be,  and even then I am not sure it is good enough.  To often people judge and that judgement can make a world of difference in a life.  God doesn't want to just hear from "christians".... he wants to hear from everybody.

• Members

thank you soooo much for your reply.  I am definately dealing with the God thing.  My son and my father were very close and very soon after my son passed away my father was told he had prostate cancer.  My father is 79 so they will not do surgery.  He has been going thru radiation treatment which apperently is not working.  I am trying to keep spirits up for my mother and father but it is difficult.  That is why I came to this website, hopefully to get support.

• Members
4everjoeysmom

I started a thread a while back on the Loss of Child String called, Grieving and Healing from a Biblical World View. There are a lot of really good insightful posts already there to weed through. I encourage you who want to journey looking deeper into godly insights to please visit that thread. I pray something there will speak deeply to you heart, encourage you, and bring you comfort and peace in your grief and healing journey. God Bless you!! ~Claudia (4EverJoeysMom)

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

Archived