Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Believe in God...

BreathofAngel

• Members

Happy New Year to Everyone,

I'm praying for all here that are hurting. I've surely learned a lot about grieving loss since Erin passed last May. It's anything but a step ladder process. I surely don't go up and up and up in increments. I find myself having a few good days and then "bam!" - getting slammed to my knees again. Life sure is quiet without her dramas. I miss her so much. I would give anything for one more day. One more chance. Even as bad as it was in the end.

How we endured the last two years of her life, I'll never know. The overdoses, breaking out of rehabs, jail, her violent episodes, seeing her on life support twice before she snuffed her life out. This grieving the loss of someone you loved with all your heart is not for the faint of heart.

kitty

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
searchingforanswers

Hello,

I am sorry for the pain all of you have suffered. Grief is hard to understand and for many years I was angry with God, wondering if there was a God. I met a woman who was counselling on-line freely for several years. She is a minister who has had a near-death experience and has had an incredible spiritual life. All I know is that she has helped me greatly. She just wrote a book and it is wonderful, and as I am one who has suffered too, I am recommending it to anyone searching for answers. It is complete and it has given me rest within myself. I believe her since she has helped me personally, and many others, too.

The book is called, Proof of God: (a near-death experience and spiritual life)

This is her website: http://www.geocities.com/elizabeth_daniele

May God be with you.

• Members

:::..Every1..:::

(God/Creator)

Helps me everyday with everything i am going through, and so do my angeLs, and yes i know who they are, because i see them from time to time, thats because my heart is open to everything and everyone.

I talk to my Elders and he said the samething it just takes "Faith, Love and Trust" and i take it seriously...

You All hafta too :D God Bless Every1

>>>:.Mundaquance.:>>:.Native Baby.:

• Members
xnativeangelx

... Ok, here goes!

I just wanted to hope everyone gets through there hard and tough times, i know it is really hard loseing someone you deeply love.. no matter if its a husband, brother sister grandparents.. mom or dad... ect! i am sorry for you loss and there is nothing or no1 in the world who can replace them.

If y0u are interested in learning about how i deal with it everyday is from my Native American Heritage!

I am an 18year old Mother (Tasha is 4months) I Will be 19 In March, and i've been dealing with Deaths and ppl leaving my life! ever since i was little, and the one that struck me the most was "Miishoo" (Grandpa) And it has been hard, but in My heritage i was taught to "be strong, strong for others, and not to be afraid of what comes and goes" I am and Jingle Dress Dancer, and my Regaila is to heal ppl, whom are sick... and i take that seriously! i believe in my Regaila... and i must indeed say it has helped a soul.

I'm currently retireing from Jingle Dancing.. and turning over to Traditional.. Traditional means (thanking Mother Earth) as i will light step on the ground i am thankful for whatever she may have blessed me with "Land... Trees, Water Soil..Rocks" everything...

And your prolly thinking (this girl is insane) LoL but thats what i was taught to believe in my heritage... Its not only ppl whom need love in this world... all God and Mother Earth's Creations need love too... they are apart of us!

As with me, and i know this might seem strange, but i was taught everything is my brother and sister... Like the Outter and Turtle... they're my Clan "Brothers" and moon stars and sun are my sisters! everything God has created and Helped with Mother earth... just like God is my Father... Mother Earth is My Mother...

i believe that we were born for earth for a purpose from our father, and when we die and pass on, it aint a bad thing... because we are returning back to our mother... we go into the ground, and where we are barried... wonderful things appear by our graves... Grass, Flowers... thats coming from our loved ones! so we are never gone far...

Some of our poor souls, can remain a spirit and roam... and some of us who want to be reborn, return home to our Father...

I believe in reincarnation, so much its not even funny.

Because i had a cat that i connected to so badly... it was like i was taking care of someone.. he wasnt only a pet... he was a friend and a memeber of this family... and for someone to have so much love for an animal... is strange!! because it makes you think "im connecting to an animal, does that mean something" and yes it does... someone once told me

Our loves are reborn into anything they want... Animals Babys Friends Or can even be in your Boyfriend/Girlfriend... (you wont have the same love like you did when they were alive) but it will be a different love, it will help you remember and want to express everything to your BF/GF telling them (this is what happened to me when i was little when my grandpa was alive) or whomever! U just understand that connection....

My "Nokomiis" (Grandma) died too, and i can sense her in the house, and if your native.. Smudging can get rid of a spirit... but if you do it wrong, they are locked in the house! ... my mother did it wrong "without telling us she wanted her to be free" me and my dad had no knowledge of it.. so we didnt know... and now shes here! everyday looking out for my father :D

if you have anymore questions on my Native Beliefs or Comments pls leave one...

thanks

• Members
wmnaftergodsownheart

Hey Anonymous1,

I was surfing the web and landed on this site where I found your suggestion about the quizzes on Landover Baptist Church's website. I am a Christian meaning I have been reborn by the grace of God through faith in His Son Jesus' Christ and the sacrifice that He made on the cross for the forgiveness of sins. Since then, my whole life has changed! Through the commitment I made to Him in turning from my sins He has placed a new desire within me (His Holy Spirit) to serve Him. This has not made me perfect by any means!!! Only Forgiven!! I have sinned since becoming a Christian, but God has never left me! The quiz I took on this website threw up MANY red flags! I want to make this warning very clear!! This sounds to me like a cult. They claim that they are the only church in America who has been given authority to interpret the Bible without seeking other scripture--this is a major fallacy of the Christian faith!!! Please, I urge you, do not believe a word they say! The Holy Bible is the living word of God, but their interpretations of it are NOT of God. There is so much more I want to say about this, but if you want ask me any questions about God or about the Bible. I'm not saying I have all the answers, but I have a relationship with the one and only God of the Universe, and He does have all the answers. Still, I may not be able to answer all of your questions but I will definitely try, and I will be sure to back them up with scripture. I will be praying for you!! Please respond to this post! I want to know what your response is!! Or email me at v_combrink@hotmail.com.

• Members
wmnaftergodsownheart

A shout-out to everyone:

I just want to say that I have a deep compassion and longing to see all of your hearts healed. This compassion is not my own because the only good that lives within me is Christ! He died for all of you so that you could know His loving grace. For those of you who do not know Him as your savior, I would love to share more of my story with you. It seems that Matthew already has shared some with you. Thank you Matthew. Please help me in praying for the people here. If there is anyone else on this message board who is a Christian, I did not mean to overlook you, but I just noticed some of Matthew's comments. I think it is great what all of you are doing for one another. Relationships are the most important aspect of life that we can possess, but most important of these relationships is a relationship with God. Also, I just wanted to add to my last post that I'm sorry if I offended anyone about the Landover Baptist church. However, if you are a member of that church or maybe a follower of their beliefs I invite you to ask yourself if the God of the Bible would send an aborted baby to Hell. This is a question I answered 'wrong' on their website. While abortion is wrong, the aborted baby is completely innocent!! Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for THE KINGDOM OF GOD BELONGS TO SUCH AS THESE!" Again, I am open to any responses that anybody might have and if you want you can email me at v_combrink@hotmail.com.

Sincerely,

WomanAfterGodsOwnHeart

• Members
wmnaftergodsownheart

Okay, this is my last post in the last hour, but I was skimming through the messages again and noticed that it is not Matthew but Matthew2237smom that I was referring to earlier. If I caused any grief in referring to you as Matthew, even the slightest grief, I am sooo sorry. I need to be more careful in my accuracy.

Thanks AGAIN,

WomanAfterGodsOwnHeart

• Members

I enjoy your posts Woman After God's Heart. You are so right! I too, have been a TOTALLY transformed person by the grace and mercy of our precious Father. I am so thankful and full of faith, hope and an enduring desire to please our Father who sits at the throne. I never want to cram my beliefs down anyone's throat, I only want others to know there is a wonderful way to live here on this earth. A way that I truly believe is only possible through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I now live in a peaceful bubble, drawing on the strength of God to pull me through life's ups and downs. We, as Christians are not perfect - never ever will be. But we are possessed with a desire to please God and to keep trying to get it right. We mess up, but we ask forgiveness, get up, brush ourselves off and get back on the horse. Because we are Christians we are not protected from tempations or trials. We are actually often targeted by the enemy and given more than our fair share. But we can do all things through Christ who strenghtens us. Nothing is impossible with God. If only all ears could hear and all eyes could see how awesome life on this earth could be. If you've tried everything else, I highly suggest you genuinely ask Jesus into your heart. It's the only way. He is THE way, THE truth, THE life. God bless you all!

• Members
Taylors Dad

anon,

man do you have some views.

don't blame god for all the religions out there. he didn't write any of that stuff. you are so mad about how you were brought up and you are blaming the wrong person. god has done you no harm, he has done no person harm, it's not in him.

it's all these different religions out there trying to suck as many believers into thinking only one way, i gaurantee god just has the best laugh about all that crap.

how many people have lost their lives because of "holy wars"? what an oxymoron!

some day you will know that god is real..... i will bet my life on it.

bill (T's dad)

• Members
slowlyhealing

I don't really understand everything God has for me.

I don't understand why God took my father away. I don't understand... why my mom has to go through ALS a disease that... well it'll take her. I just know that He has always been there for me even when I didn't believe. He doesn't always have to provide us with the reasons. I mean look around... he provides us with everything we need, even in the midst of the pain. The sun rose again today. A tiny baby cries. His whisper is like the wind. Yes we all have to go through something. You may think God should take this away. I don't know how many times I prayed that he would take this pain inside me away. I know he hears my prayer. I know He's there. I don't know where I would be if God wasn't there. I too would die with my mom, leaving my brothers alone... leaving the rest of my family alone. God never means for us to hurt so much... it's the world that sucks you into the trap of hurt and sorrow. As long as we are living on this planet, God will provide for us if we just believe he will, even through the anger, even through the pain.

Yes, I believe

I'm still here

• Members

two beautiful posts preceeding this one. thank you! God will never leave us or forsake us, this i believe with all my heart. there is one thing that i loved that taylor's dad said to anon1: "one day you will know that God is real" . . . AMEN!

put on the garmet of praise for the spirit of heaviness - it works for me everytime.

the best life instruction manual in the world is the bible. God tells us what to do, how to do it, and then He gives us time to do it. if your anything like me He gives you LOTS of time to do it . . . . . eventually He deals with you if you don't listen. i am so blessed and so thankful that He loves me enough to deal with me. my life is 1 million times more rich than it ever has been. . . . and i'm so poor i can't pay attention. GO WITH GOD.

Love to all.

kitty

• Members
slowlyhealing

It is Getting harder, Lord... I know you know what I can and can't handle, but it hurts so bad sometimes. I trust you... I love you, and I know you'll do what you need to do to make our lifes a blessing to you and to others and to ourselves.

You have given me a story... Its forever going and moving in different paces. I know Father... that you'll give me strength, even when I feel so very alone... You'll give me hope to move on once my mom's journey is through. But right now... it seems so hard.

The Lord is my shepherd... I shall not want...

Am I selfish? Aren't we all? Please forgive me for wanting so much... when it isn't really mine to begin with. I trust you, God... I do...

I'm still here

Nikki

• Members

ANON...I AM NOT THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM, IT IS MOST DEFINATELY YOU! IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT THE BIBLE STATES IS TRUE, THEN WHERE DID THIS WORLD EVOLVE FROM? WHAT, DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE EVOLUTION THAT WE CAME FROM APES? YOU SURE CAN QUOTE THE SCRIPTURES! I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR YOU, BECAUSE WHEN JESUS COMES AGAIN TO TAKE ALL OF HIS PEOPLE HOME, YOU WILL BE HERE ON THIS EARTH WHICH WILL BE A HELL ON EARTH. THINGS WILL HAPPEN LIKE MANKIND HAS NEVER SEEN BEFORE. IF YOU DENY GOD TO OTHERS, THEN HE WILL DENY YOU ON THE JUDGEMENT DAY AND YOU WILL FOREVER BE ENTOMBED IN HELL, IN THE LAKE OF FIRE. GOD IS REAL, HE IS THE ONLY SALVATION. WHEN YOU ARE CONDEMNED TO HELL FOREVER AND THE FLAMES ARE BURNING YOU, YOU WILL WISH THAT YOU HAD NOT DENIED GOD. YOU JUST DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT IS IN STORE FOR YOU. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, YOU WILL, YOU WILL FIND OUT THE HARD WAY. IM GLAD THAT I DONT FEEL THE WAY THAT YOU DO, WHAT A SAD AND ANGRY PERSON YOU MUST BE. ONE DAY YOU WILL UNDERSTAND ALL OF THIS.

• Members
slowlyhealing

I don't know if I truly feel sorry Anon, cause you don't believe in the one who can save you, or if I feel shocked. Here you are quoting bible verses, and taking them way out of text and twisting them around. Have you read the whole bible? Do you have that much hate and pain that you would want others around you to hurt too?

To let you know Anon, God never promised us that bad things would not happen in our lives, HE PROMISED US THAT HE WOULD BE THERE WITH US THROUGH IT ALL.

Here is a quote I heard just last night... and it pretty much sums up God's love

*Love Comes Softly*

Clark Davis: The truth of God's love is not that he allows bad things to happen. It's His promise that He'll be here with us when they do.

Now I am not an expert at the bible. I am far from... but sometimes you just have to be still and let him be God.

* Be still and know that I am God. *Psalms 46:10

• Members
Taylors Dad

silly girl

i have to agree with you on some things but do you really thing that god would leave some of his people behind to live in hell? i gaurantee that god has no intention of doing that, no matter how bad WE think someone is, i would bet my life on it.

anon is right when he says that the bible is hipocritical. they tell you that god is ALL LOVING but then they say if you are a bad person you will not be allowed into the gates of heaven. now if all would use their logical brains for a moment we would see that this is a bunch of crap. everyone gets to go to heaven, everyone!. there is no hell, only on this earth. god is ALL LOVING, think about that a minute.

all the crap about not being able to get to heaven if your bad in the bible is just a scare tactic to bring the masses into a certain religion. god doesn't care what religion you are, he cares about how you treat your neighbor.

i know your probably steaming mad right now and i know i will not be changing your views about religion but just think about the all loving thing for awhile, i like things that make sense and that makes total sense to me. sending his people to damnation...........he doesn't have it in him!

god bless all

bill (T's dad)

• Members
Taylors Dad

silly girl

i have to agree with you on some things but do you really thing that god would leave some of his people behind to live in hell? i gaurantee that god has no intention of doing that, no matter how bad WE think someone is, i would bet my life on it.

anon is right when he says that the bible is hipocritical. they tell you that god is ALL LOVING but then they say if you are a bad person you will not be allowed into the gates of heaven. now if all would use their logical brains for a moment we would see that this is a bunch of crap. everyone gets to go to heaven, everyone!. there is no hell, only on this earth. god is ALL LOVING, think about that a minute.

all the crap about not being able to get to heaven if your bad in the bible is just a scare tactic to bring the masses into a certain religion. god doesn't care what religion you are, he cares about how you treat your neighbor.

i know your probably steaming mad right now and i know i will not be changing your views about religion but just think about the all loving thing for awhile, i like things that make sense and that makes total sense to me. sending his people to damnation...........he doesn't have it in him!

god bless all

bill (T's dad)

• Members
slowlyhealing

Taylors Dad,

Now don't take this as I'm mad, cause I have a hard time understanding too, but really are we supposed to understand every single aspect of what God has in store for us. He gave us a choice as humans to love and follow him. He loves all of us, but because of that love he has given us that choice to love him and trust him back

I know none of us really understand the power and love God has for us. God never wants us to go to Hell... why in the world do you think he sent his son, Jesus? Jesus went to hell but came back. He went to hell for us, but we must make the decision to follow him. God gave us his gift... its up to us to recieve it. God hurts when we hurt. He cries when his children refuse his love and decide that they would rather live on their own. He wants to welcome all in to his loving arms, even the bad ones, even the ones who commit murder, but... if you don't even believe his love is there... how in the world do you expect to feel it.

Hell is very real. Its here on earth, and its going to be real after your life is through. Sinners who do not trust God is real, and God loves them, and do not accept him as savior and lord... well... its there decision.

You are right... God doesn't care the religion, so long as you trust and love him. Am not catholic, or presbyterian (spell check that) I go to a baptist church but... I do not claim to be "baptist". I am a Chrisian, I am a follow and believe in God. There are the ten commandment... and then there are the most important rules I try to live by. I'm not perfect, and God knows that, but... he also knows if I love and honor him as my savior, father, and friend.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself.

God loves all its our choice though... to accept and acknowlegde (spell check that too) that his love can set us free, and save us from hell.

Still here,

Nikki

Ps. My mom isn't doing well. Here ALS and the new cold she got... is well taking a toll on all of us. Please be in prayer for her, and for my family

Thank you.

• Members

Anonymous1~

Why must you bring your disbelief in God here to this group of people who are grieving so much? Find a site with others who feel the same as you do to discuss this. Everyone here believes in God and relies on His strength to get thru this very difficult time. You know no one here supports your feelings or wants to read your links. I'm sure you have better things to do with your life than to preach to people who believe quite the opposite of you. God Bless you and everyone else here who is hurting.

• Members
Taylors Dad

dear nikki,

hi , i first want to say i hope everything with your mom turns out alright.

i couldn't tell if you think i don't believe in god or i do. i totally believe in god . there is no doubt in my mind. and i don't believe there is a "hell" where certain people go if their bad on this earth after they die.

i totally agree with you when you say that hell is on earth. that's why only the good die young.

it's twenty four years to the day that my father was taken from this earth because of a car accident and two and a half years since my 11 year old son was taken in an atv accident, you couldn't find two nicer people in the world yet they left this earth very early, why? why does it seem that the drunk driver always kills the innocent person in the other car?

hell on earth, thats why.

god bless all

bill(T's dad)

• Members

Taylorsdad,

I agree with you in all that you say. I believe in god, the "afterlife", mediumship, the good "pass" young and this is hell here on earth. It is "hell" that they had to go and it is now hell for us to have to bare the loss of the ones we cared so deeply about! I am trusting that they are all in the light and right next to god in all his glory. Not, to mention other family members who have "passed" before them.

Nikki,

You keep praying as I know god will not abandon you or your brothers...and especially not your dear mom. From all that I have read on dying and the "afterlife" it is very peaceful and amazing...I had a near death experience and I am living proof to be able to say that is all true. I was in a bright white light and at total peace and willing and accepting that it was my time to "pass"....no pain, only peace! Remember, that! Tell you mom to be calm and just hold her hand and settle her and just be there so she feels safe.....and, god will do the rest! He knows you are his child and he will always provide for you...you will not be alone! Keep talking to us....we will be here for you.

Anon1....Pick a different forum...this is not the place or time for you to vent your selfishness when the rest of us are grieving and struggling from day to day. It is a site for support of one another. You don't belong here. Go to a site where other athiest are...misery loves company!

Laura

Laura

• Members
Taylors Dad

anon

i don't think anyone even reads your posts any more..... so keep up the good work bud, and we'll just keep skipping over your tired bull----

god bless you.........he still loves you

bill(T's dad)

• Members
slowlyhealing

taylors dad,

I believe that you know God, Bill. I will never judge someone I never really met to not know God unless they give me specific evidence to do so. We're not supposed to judge though.

Your right, hell is on earth, and it continues after we die. God is the only way to get to heaven, not good works, though they help build our palace after we die, and a jewel gets added to our crown that we lay at Jesus's feet.

Like the song says... I can only imagine what it would be like...

My body and mind feels so old, though biologically I'm only going to be turning 20 in a month. God knows my feelings and thoughts. He is making a place for me around his table, even though I may have some more time here on earth. He's getting a place ready for my mom, who doesn't have that much time left. But I know she'll be going to a place where there is no more pain, or sorrow, or hurting, or dying.

Oh if earth was like that... what would we do with ourselves??

Update on mom... her cold is slowly subsiding (spell check on that) but... she's really tired. The fear I had of loosing her so soon is slowly drifting away. She may have another year, or like all of us it may be over tomorrow. We never know. God is in control

God bless you all and remember his loving promise to all those who believe.

Nikki

• Members
Taylors Dad

nikki

your right, god is the only way to get to heaven, but everyone gets in, WHY WOULD AN ALL LOVING GOD LEAVE SOME BEHIND? nobody has ever answered that question for me.

and what would jesus need a jewel for? jewels are for people with egos and there are no egos in heaven.

why do religions try to instill fear into people ?

what exactly does a person have to do to "get through the gates"?

do we have to pray to god every day? do we have to go to church every sunday?

do we need to quote sayings out of the bible for some to believe we are worthy?

do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

that is what god looks at, how we treat our fellow humans.

there is so much literature out there about the afterlife but for some reason our eastern culture doesn't want anyone to know about it...... they say it's evil..... it's the devil talking......why?

there are some beautiful books out there that tell just how lovely heaven is, what it's like there, how things work, and more amazingly, why we as humans are on this earth. now if thats all the devils work, then i got to say , he's switched teams people.

i have to say that after reading plenty of books from mediums and from doctors doing past life regression i have no fear of death now.

god bless all

bill(T's dad)

• Members

Bill,

I think we get to heaven living by the "GOLDEN RULE" as you said, treating others as we would want to be treated. And, I think god knows what is in our hearts and if it is "pure" we will go to heaven. It's that simple! It's honesty, purity, humility, etc.

What are some of your favorite books that you could share with us that helped you the most?

Laura

• Members
slowlyhealing

Taylor's dad,

You're right... todays religions do try to install fear into us. They tell us that if we don't believe you'll go to hell, or if you don't follow this way you'll surely die.

This is for everyone now.

I just follow my heart. I was raised in a baptist household. My father was a pastor... he's not here anymore. The man that taught me about the All Loving God, and the forgiving God, is in prision. He sexually molested a child...

I ask God why all the time? I ask others all the time why would someone who knew so much about God do this? I found out that I was putting to much trust on human beings rather than just giving it all to God.

In the bible it points out that God is a selfish God... Now I'm not saying that is wrong. I mean he made this world we are living in today. He gave us the life we have today.

Your also right... Jesus doesn't need jewels... I mean in heaven we'll be walking streets of GOLD. But... Jesus died for us... jewels seem so petty compared to the gift he gave all of us, doesn't it? Thats why we give ourselves everyday to try to at least show others what our wonderful God has blessed us with.

I'll admit I don't know all the bible verses in the Bible. I only know a few off hand. I'll also admit that I don't pray nearly as often as I should, but... God knows all of our hearts. He knows our minds... As long as we acknowledge that He is in control and we except his gift, umm... then where can we really go wrong?

We all must love eachother like we love ourselves. But also be careful... because if you don't truly love yourself, how will you treat others.

Don't put your full trust in man or woman... because they are humans and they'll let you down, but don't turn a back towards them either. God love is true. Its simple all you have to do is reach for it.

I'm still here

Nikki

• Members

To All,

A great part of why we are here is to learn many spiritual principles that will help us to progress up the spiritual ladder towards perfection, just like our beloved CREATOR is in every way.

However, along the way, we will encounter what we believe are falsehoods, negativities, discrepencies and even downright objections to what we truly believe is the "right" way to live our lives, hopefully guaranteeing ourselves a wonderful and precious place on the "Other Side". Of course, in our attempts to grow spiritually, we must be open and honest with what we face here on this planet because what may be obvious to most may not be the real lesson for us to learn.

For instance, most of us believe in a GOD, the CREATOR, the UNIVERSAL LIFE GIVING FORCE from which and through which everything in existence has it existence, but there are many who just don't buy into our way of believing. So what do we do? Do we criticize them, or judge them?, or ridicule them?, or make fun of them?, or hate them as they may hate us?, or argue with them?, or try to prove to them their wayward thinking? Of course we don't and that's because one of our lessons here is to learn TOLERANCE, not how it is presented to us or in what form it may come to us!!

You may say, "Well, they are wrong and shouldn't be coming here to press their personal views on those of us who are grieving!!" In fact, they have every right to be here as we do, even if we are in the vast majority!! Remember, everything in life is a test or a lesson to be savored, learned or experienced, no matter how much it may conflict with one's most prized and cherished beliefs. If we can just catch oursleves, mentally and emotionally before we react to someone's comments and just say to oursleves, "What can I learn from this response, even if I don't agree with it?", or "What is the real intent of this response that will enable me to grow more tolerant, or accepting, or forgiving, or compassionate, or kind, or generous or loving?

That's why we are here to LEARN, but the purpose of our life is to LOVE, no matter how one may irritate us or make us angry with their views, actions or words!! That's what we need to aware of all the time as we come upon situations, circumstances, problems, obstacles and people who just may defy spiritual logic and godly understanding!!

Again, as we practice in every area of our life forgiveness, acceptance, understanding, compassion, kindness, tolerance, generosity and peace within, then we will be guaranteeing for ourselves a truly blessed and wonderful place on the "Other Side" because it is our deeds here coupled with our beliefs in performing or bringing into fruition these deeds and acts of love that will earn for us our rightful place in "HEAVEN", and at the same time pleasing our CREATOR by having HIM or IT say, "These are my children in whom I am well pleased."

Always a friend,

Steve D.

• Members
mariaceleste

The question is, if you believe in God? My answer is no, I don't believe. I also don't believe that nobody reads, Anonymous's post. But what I do believe, is, it's more honest to admit being an Atheist, then not admitting being a false Christian.

• Members

I can say with the Psalmist David, "I have known trouble, much suffering, financial need, the sorrow of the death of loved ones, the slander of those I loved who turned against me. I have known personal pain. There were times when I thought things were hopeless . . . times of temptation. . . .times of weeping until there were no tears left."

Most of my suffering was self imposed, caused by ignorance or foolishness. But now, I can boldly testify: God has never failed me.

Through all the troubles, pain and sufferings, I have come through with joy and a strong trust in the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord. Here is the testimony that the Lord desires to hear from all of his tested children: "Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice . . . and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart" (Psalm 32:11).

MAY THIS SHORT MESSAGE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRUST GOD FULLY!

Kitty

• Members

I watch a lot of Christian television and found myself questioning the value of certain messages that seem to be very common. I've heard repeatedly that accepting Christ into your life gives you the authority to cast out all sort of demons or satanic spirits instantly. That becoming a Christian will allow you to overcome all opposing obstacles right here/right now . . . . I believe this can be a dangerous and harmful teaching.

I say this because, for me, I have not found the Christian walk to be an easy one at all. . . in my experience there has never been an instant victory, not yet anyway. I love the Lord with all my heart and desire to please and obey Him deeply but WOW - I've never had to do such hard work in my life. Hard work that continues day in and day out. I believe if we TRULY transform, or become born again, that we will change in a radical way. Become more loving, accepting, blah, blah, blah. My flesh fights me every step of the way, I have to work so hard to give into my strong desire to do things my way. Sometimes, only very occassionally, I feel like I can't do this. Like giving up.

But I will never surrender. Even though I complain about the hard work, there is such a level of joy and peace in my heart that no value can be placed on it. Even during the darkest pain of losing my beautiful child, I can't forget what lies ahead. God's promises are real.

What is the alternative? For me the choice is simple. RAISE THE BAR. Live your life not for your own pleasure. Take your eyes off you and put them on God's direction and leading. It's a Win/Win.

God gives us His Word through the Bible. He tells us what to do. He tells us how to do it. He tells us when to do it. Then He gives us time to do it. (If you're like me He give you LOTS of time to do it). . . . eventually He deals with you if you don't do it. This will be the case of every life He's created.

God is a God of His word. Trust and Obey. It's the only way. I've tried everything else, for the real deal I say Go with God.

Love,

Kitty

• Members
mariaceleste

Dear Anonymous,

Hi, how are you? I've been reading your posts, and although, I have not actively participated in the discussions, here, but I have enjoyed very much reading your articles, It is very interesting to me. And I just thought I would share how I feel with you, that I believe everything you have posted. Like you said, "theses articles represent what you believe. Since the topic of discussion is God, I think that would mean, for or against it. I also went to the Bible quizzes, you mentioned, it was very shocking all those verses in the bible.

Anonymous, also, when it comes to grief, there is no right or wrong way to grieve. I've been reading many lies, about you, it's very sad, like nobody, reads your posts, anymore, that no one shares your views, you are being accused of stealing peoples ideas, and writings, that is a lie. You are just quoting these articles, just like the scriptures are constantly being quoted here.

I wish you all the best,

Take care now.

MariaCeleste

• Members

Mariaceleste and Anonymous - When I first started coming to this website I was in so much grief I could not function. I lost my beautiful 10 year old son to an accident. I was able to converse with some wonderful people who also went through the same thing. It has been invaluable.

Unfortunately, I had a, for lack of a better word, a run in, with someone who was pushing scripture quotes and bible based ways of dealing with grief. Basically it made me feel like this person was saying that they had cornered the market on what to do in this situation. It went back and forth for awhile with others becoming involved in the discussion. Religion and faith issues tend to bring out the fight in all of us. Over time I have realized that it was making me so angry and frustrated about this person was that I did not want someone telling me what I was supposed to be feeling or doing about my grief. For myself (and myself only) I have come to the conclusion that everything comes down to love. Love is the only force in the universe that matters. I also have the belief that there are those that can contact the other side after physical death, that our love for each other never dies. The psychic medium helped me stay connected to my son. This belief is one of the things that caused much of the discussion with this person, renouncing psychic mediums (like John Edward). I know many people do not support the idea of afterlife communication, which is fine, but I do because of the readings I had and the beliefs I had even before the accident. I have very little fear in my life now. It used to be filled with it. Once the fear of death and abandonment has been removed, what is there to be afraid of? The worse thing has already happended.

In my opinion, biblical quotes and scripture have very little to do with the lives we lead but if it helps someone survive the death of a loved one, so be it (they just should not push those beliefs on others). I think as humans we all make mistakes every day and say things that can hurt others, intentionally and unintentionally. The Bible has been used as a document to allow others to be hurt and has turned so called Christians into murderers. I have seen aethisits attack others for their beliefs and tell them how stupid they are. If everyone would be able to look at things objectively there would be no discussion here. The point is, I guess, that we all need to be given the respect to follow our beliefs and to practice them but to make sure we aren't forcing our faith and opinions on others. Just my opinion and I realize that many will disagree but I finally can say I no longer am frustrated with the person who wrote those things to me last year. Anonymous, I may be way off base, but I hope some of your anger dissapates, as it can eat you up inside. You sound like someone who wants to help others, I hope that you are able to find peace in these discussions. For those that are focusing on the Bible, I hope all realize that you need to match your intentions to the result of what your words do to people. Often times they inflict pain which isn't what I think you are trying to do. Peace and love to all and thank you for letting me ramble.

Coltinsmom4ever

• Members
mariaceleste

Dear Anonymous,

I'm pleased, you are better now, having me to converse with, to building you up instead of tearing you down. Anonymous, don't you think, that's the way it should be? People should build each other up, and not tear each other down.

Yes, indeed, equal rights to freedom of expression, it's a human right, and the right to grieve, any way you want. Whether it be, love, hate, god, blaming god, or even if people want to thank god for grief and suffering, that's their right as well.

From my observation, I think the tearing down remarks and comments towards you, are not derived from being a Christian, but rather, attention seeking. I don't believe god needs to be defended, if he is power someone with power knows how to defend himself, that's just an excuse. I thought it's people who need to be saved, wow, now, I hear god needs defending. I would never believe in such lies. I'm not even going to go there, it just doesn't make sense. You know, Anonymous, not only do I not believe in god, I don't believe in people who claim to believe in god. Anyway, People do that all the time, making others look bad, so they can look good. I'm sorry you didn't receive the respect and support you deserve. Whether being a Christian or not, it's only common courtesy, to have some respect. After all, this is a place for support. I've also observed, about you, an intelligent, polite, honest, bold, and a mind of your own, person.

I will continue to read the articles, I enjoy learning. And thank you for welcoming me and for posting the shocking truth of the bible quizzes. I truly admire you, for standing up for what you believe.

Have an enjoyable day

Love,

MariaCeleste

• Members

Another beautiful day the Lord has made! Rejoice and Be Glad in it!

Thank You God for the passing of the seasons and the ushering in of

Spring! What a Joy to Behold! For me, this past winter was a long

and dreadful one - my first holiday season without Erin. I thank you

God for the renewing and restoring power you continually shower on

this earth and in all of the lives of those of us that love you!

GLORY to GOD in the HIGHEST!

love,

kitty

• Members

I've recently allowed myself to become aware of some wonderful things that have resulted from the tragic and untimely loss of my beautiful daughter, Erin. Of course, it goes without saying that my life and many other lives have been altered forever because of her death. I am now starting to see that Erin's death has been the sole catalyst for me to take care of some very untidy areas of my life that were left decaying far too long. I feel as if Erin's death shone a bright flashlight on parts of my life that were unhealthy and deadly. God is so good that way, He is forcing me to face the music and go through the pain to get to the joy that I deserve - that we all deserve! Yes, it got worse before it's started to get better. . . but I believe with all my heart that GOD'S LIGHT WILL EAT UP ALL THE DARKNESS IN YOUR LIFE . . . IF YOU WILL LET HIM IN. THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS DAY AND FOR YOUR UNENDING LOVE,ACCEPTANCE AND COMFORT.

kitty

• Members

Hi I am looking for some help with the story of Judas and his betrayal of Christ. I have recently been saved and accepted Christ into my life. If you know any modern day allusions to the story of Judas and the kiss of betrayal please reply. Thanks So much

Judakiss```

• Members

Hi all –

I’m sure you’ve noticed that the message boards seem a little different. We’ve streamlined the message boards. We’ve unified the forum and thread names and tried to make things less confusing. I hope that it has made things easier for you.

We are considering adding new threads to the topics and would love to hear what you would like to be added. You can write me at julie@beyondindigo.com to share your thoughts and suggestions. I would love to hear from you.

I am also still looking for message board monitors. If you are interested, please let me know!

Take care,

Julie

• Members

Judaskiss, thanks for the post. Out of respect for the many wonderful people here who are addressing loss and grief issues, I would prefer to not risk upsetting anyone writing about this topic publicly. I remember these discussions from when I was in seminary, and they were "spirited." If you wish, you can reach my studio e-mail at bassplayrz@yahoo.com, and I will be happy to correspond with you.

• Members

Judaskiss,

As we approach "Resurrection Sunday", one the most important days of the Christian year, we are to be so very thankful to our GOD for all that HE has done to show us the way "HOME", providing we can learn those precious examples of life and living from HIS dynamic SON, Jesus!

When Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss to the Roman authorities, he believed, yet did not truly believe, in what Jesus was preaching and teaching for if he did, he would not have fallen prey to those earthly priorities of what most of the world still hold as truly important today, those things that give a false sense of power, security, prestige, and status. These attributes are finite and powerless when we leave this earth for our new "HOME" on the "Other Side", but these situations, circumstances, problems, temptations, obstacles, opportunities, attributes, emotions, thoughts and actions are all geared to help us to spiritually sort out for ourselves what is truly important while we are here, so that we can grow the most spiritually and become more and more like Jesus and HIS gracious FATHER, GOD!!

Judas's lesson was learned as he realized that he had betrayed the CHRIST for a mear 30 pieces of silver!! Then and only then, were his eyes truly opened as to what he did in the name of greed! He began to see that his actions had condemend to death a truly great and spiritually attuned man, who happned to be the son of GOD. Think of how he must have felt as he suddenly realized that what had been important to him, earlier, became so worthless as his spiritual eyes and understanding were opened and awakened. Certainly by trying to give back the money was an attempt to soothe his aching heart for his callous and selfish actions, but he now knew that nothing short of taking his own life would cure the pain he felt for what he had done, betraying the son of man to the authorities. Unfortunately, taking one's life in trying to avoid the pain of having wronged or hurt another only brings more pain and anguish once on the "Other Side", for here we are constantly aware of what we have done, not only to oursleves, but especially to all those we have left behind.

There is no doubt that Judas was deeply affected by his sense of guilt and hopefully, most assuredly has asked Jesus' FATHER for forgiveness because of what he had done, but not knowing if he was forgiven took his own life anyway, not knowing that GOD forgives totally and completely, even where great pain and hurt has been caused. That's our life's lesson in what Judas did!! We are to see that our thoughts, words, and actions have a consequence, either right away or sometime in the future, and that we are to be so very "AWARE" of what we think, say and do because it has an affect, not only on those with whom we act, but on all of life and existence itself.

Let us learn our precious lessons here and now, not by latching on to what the sense knowledge world holds near and dear to itself, but let us hold tightly to those spiritual principles that are laced throughout the major spiritual books of prominence throughout the many cultures in the world today that to be forgiving, to be accepting, to be compassionate, to loving, to be tolerant, to be generous, and to be or to find that peace within, will and always will give us the strength, conviction and stamina to keep the world and its artificial priorites from gaining a foothold in our hearts and minds. Remember, there is nothing wrong with money, power, status and prestige if they are employed in the spiritual welfare for all of humanity and not as end in themselves where we feel or experience a sense of importance and superiority!!

As in the case of Judas his intent was greed and reward of what this money would do for him and his human appetites, but knowing what he did and what he tried to do because of his treachous act, he has been forgiven providing he has asked for forgiveness or shown some remorse for his actions. Remember, it is GOD's desire for all men to be saved, no matter how long that may take for each of us while here to do so or in the many lifetimes we may need to perfect ourselves. So, let us learn our spiritual lessons often while here and make those adjustments to our thoughts, words, and actions while at the same time magnifying those powerful spirutual principles that will guarantee for us a wonderful place on the "Other Side" and where our precious GOD will say, "For these are my sons and daughters with whom I am well please!!!!"

Always a friend,

Steve D.

• Members

Our Father, who art in Heaven,

hallowed by Thy name,

THY KINGDOM COME

THY WILL BE DONE,

On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread,

and FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES,

as we forgice those

who trespass against us.

Lead us not into temptation

BUT DELIVER US FROM THE EVIL ONE.

for thine is the kingdom,

and the power, and the glory

FOREVER AND EVER. AMEN.

• Members
slowlyhealing

My momma has always reminded me that the Lord is my shepherd. Right now I feel like a loss sheep, but I know that he's reaching for me.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enimies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup over flows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Forever... that seems so very wonderful... to be in the healers hands forever. It hurs so much now. I don't really know why but it does. I know my mom won't be here for long. Maybe another year... maybe... but then she will enter his presence and there will be no more pain, or sorrow, or dying. She will live with the almighty father, and I'll join them someday. AND I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

I am feeling better now.

I'm still here, God knows I'm still here

Nikki

• Members

Thank you for sharing your heavy heart with us Nikki, oh how I remember so vividly the deep, relentless pain. I am not certain of your situation, but it sounds as if your mom is sick and in the process of dying. For two years prior to my daughters death, I watched her slowly die. She was a heroin addict. I can never put into words the depth of pain that I experienced during that time. All I can tell you is that I continued to pray to God and reach out to Him through His word. I pray that you HOLD ON to God's promises because THEY ARE REAL and He will see you through and bring you to a place of peace and rest again if you BELIEVE and HOLD ON. Never surrender Nikki. I remember how putting just one foot in front of the other was like climbing Mount Everest back then. I can relate to the heavy pain and suffering you are experiencing. You are precious to our Father and He loves you infinitely more than we can begin to digest. BE ENCOURAGED NIKKI, GOD IS WITH YOU.

Love,

Kitty

• Members
slowlyhealing

Kitty,

THank you for your kind and uplifting words. I think I'm doing a bit better today. I can smile, at things today which yesterday it hurt to even think of it. My mom has ALS and she's in her last stages. I know that God will take care of her and my family. Its just sometimes I feel so far away from Him,its like I run into a brick wall or something. I know he'll never leave me, but there are times where I just don't feel his presence, I don't know if he is trying to test me or... if He is disappointed in what I am doing. I am trying so much harder to please him, and I am trying to straigten up and well pretty much grow up faster than I have ever done before. I thought it was hard after I lost my dad three years back, but when your watching someone you love so very much die in front of you... Its kind of a rocky journey from the start. I will forever hold on to his promises. I wish I had friends around me so we could do some sort of devotion or prayer like thing so I don't feel like I'm alone in my spiritual walk too.

Today... I'm taking it one breath at a time. Its all I can do... forever is take it one breath at a time. Maybe once I get to the top of the mountain I will be able to see the other side. I know it would be wonderful to see, even if it means it'll be another mountain before me. God will see me through.

Jesus will still be there (point of grace)

Things change, plans fail

You look for love on a grander scale

Storms rise, hopes fade

And you place your bets on another day

When the going gets tough

When the ride’s too rough

When you’re just not sure enough

(chorus)

Jesus will still be there

His love will never change

Sure as the steady rain

When no one else is true

He’ll still be loving you

When it looks like you’ve lost it all

And you haven’t got a prayer

Time flies, hearts turn

A little bit wiser from lessons learned

But sometimes, weakness wins

And you lose your foothold once again

When the going gets tough

When the ride’s too rough

When you’re just not sure enough

(chorus)

When it looks like you’ve lost it all

And you haven’t got a prayer

• Members

Nikki,

We were never promised as believers that there would not be trials or temptations. Ironically, in my experience, when I fully surrendered my life to Jesus the trials increased dramatically!

You said this: "I know he'll never leave me, but there are times where I just don't feel his presence, I don't know if he is trying to test me or... if He is disappointed in what I am doing".

Recently I went through a period of darkness when I felt disconnected from God and, like you, didn't feel His presence. That was awful! At one point I remember falling to my knees and asking God to please send me some encouragement because I was starting to feel as if he had given me more than I could handle. I encourage you to do the same. Go to our Father in earnest and tell Him that you feel that your burden is more than you can bear (if you do indeed feel that way). I am willing to bet the farm on it that He will answer you in some way. When I called out to God in such agonizing pain, He would bring me what I needed to get through that particular difficulty. Either through a phone call, a gentle touch or hug, an uplifting letter. . .

God is a God of comfort. Even now as my fleshly demands are "whittled away" one by one and my path continues to become narrower . . . I am experiencing the highest level inner warm/fuzziness I ever have. I am comforted by the greatest Comforter there is.

God is doing a good work in you Nikki. You are the apple of His eye!!! He is NOT disappointed in you, not at all.

Love,

Kitty

• Members
slowlyhealing

Kitty,

Thank you again for your words. Comfort is found through them. :)God is a God of comfort and He will provide for His children, its up to us to open our eyes and hearts to receive that comfort and love and support. I want to thank you all for giving me hope for a brighter and better tomorrow, I know we all have lost someone dear or are loosing someone dear to our hearts, but oh how wonderful it is to have a God that made a place where our family members won't have to face pain, or sorrow anymore, and we won't either when our time comes.

The darkness is subsiding and I am beginning to see the top of this mountain. There are a few loose rocks that may make me stumble, but in time, and with God's and other peoples help I will make it to the top, and start another part of my life's jouney.

I'm still here. Praise be to the Comforter

Nikki

• Members

You are more than a conquerer Nikki!

You are also good medicine for others who are suffering. Your positive outlook during such a time of grief is a total testimony that our God is alive and doling out the grace we need each day to survive our onslaughts. I know I've gotten my fair share, our God is also a God of justice!!

Reading your posts have brought me much joy this week, thank you!

Love,

Kitty

• Members
slowlyhealing

sometimes I wonder where I would be with out these message boards and this website. For so long I have held my feelings in, feeling as though I myself would die before my mom. People are hurting everywhere in every country. How selfish of me to think I was the only one.

God gave me a purpose, though I don't know every single plan he has for my life, I know He loves me and wants me to go on. It hurts to move on when someone you love is going to pass on. Its hard to move on when you don't know where the future leads. Thats life though, huh? God will be there for his children.

I'm in prayer for all of you and your family. Remember God never promises us life will be easy, He promises us that he'll be there with us all through the hard and dark times, and through the good times too.

Thank you Kitty for helping me through a rough start of the week. I don't know how the other days are going to be, but I know God will be there, and then I always have this messaging thingy to just let out my feelings, occationally scream, and slowly move on with my day.

I'm still here :)

Nikki

• Members
slowlyhealing

My God,

You Give me strength when I am weak. Tonight its going to be another rough one, and I truly need You now. Without you Father... I will surely fail. Please... hear my cry. Momma's getting weaker, and the nights seem to get longer as she wakes up almost ever hour. Maybe its her cold, or maybe its a sign? I don't know... All I know is I need you Lord to take away this pain and this tiredness that seems to be very strong right now. Please make me strong again.

The Lord is my sheperd... The Lord is my sheperd. He will provide. He will provide.

Archived