Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

When will I get over this???

LDoone

• Members

I feel so foolish sometimes because I can't seem to get over losing my little Pomapoo that was alsmost 12 years old. Sometimes I feel like I am getting better and then all of a sudden I am crying uncontrollably. What is wrong with me? I lost him a little over 3 weeks ago and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

What are others feeling at this time after losing their beloved pet?

Doone

• Members
sammihendo

You know... I was surprised with how I handled the loss of my Clancey. When my mom died, he was my only friend. For seven years, he is all I had, really. The only person I was comfortable with and could confide in. He died kind of suddenly and I wasnt prepared. For that whole night, I didnt stop sobbing for hours. I stared at photos and felt like I was choking and dying and I didn't mind. I wanted to die so bad, more than anything. The next day... I went to school and I was my normal self. I didn't understand it. I was sure I was going to be ruined forever... I guess everyone does grieve differently. I am so sorry for your loss. Bod bless, feel better

• Members

There's no time limit of when you'll "get over this". We never actually "get over" losing a loved one -- we just learn to navigate around the pain, so that we can get through each day. I lost my beloved Scrutly (almost 19 yr. old cocker spaniel) on March 31, 2012, and I'm still grieving. I miss him every minute of every day.post-387875-0-27368200-1388382926_thumb.

Archived