Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Visiting a medium for the first time

BreathofAngel

• Members

I am speaking to a medium for the first time tom. It was supposed to be today but got caught up at work and had to reschedule. I'm excited and scared at the same time. What if I dont hear from my loved one. Any advice on what I should expect? Or your experiences for your first times...

• Members
BreathofAngel

I am speaking to a medium for the first time tom. It was supposed to be today but got caught up at work and had to reschedule. I'm excited and scared at the same time. What if I dont hear from my loved one. Any advice on what I should expect? Or your experiences for your first times...

This thread was started by the person above "Miss u momma" but somehow my name is appearing as having started this thread and it needs to be corrected to give credit to the proper person. Thank you.

• Members
BreathofAngel

Greetings!

The Windbridge Institute has been an icon of great work for many years with their studies on the Afterlife and communication with the departed through gifted people. Dr. Julie Beischel, Ph.D. is currently in the process of conducting a new study concerning mediumship and the bereaved which is worthy of looking into. It is called "Bereavement and Mediumship (or BAM) Study."

The Windbridge Institute: http://www.windbridge.org

Can hearing from the dead heal the living? Julie Beischel, PhD. The Windbridge Institute

Many blessings to you and your departed loved one(s)!

• Members
BreathofAngel

Hello! Based upon other's experiences, one thing to remember is that it is not always a given that a certain spirit will speak when called upon. Basically, *they* are the ones who will gift us with their presence if they are able to connect at the time. They are not always available since there is no time in their dimension as there is here. However, coordinating with them mentally a few days or even hours before the session can help to give them a 'heads-up' of the communication expected to take place. It is not always a guarantee but at least they will be more apt to know what is happening and what is expected of them.

Communication with spirit is done mentally thus, by telepathy. They are able to hear your thoughts. Some people feel that since their loved ones are in the spirit world, thus, in a higher dimension, they are more "savvy" about things or know more about what is happening here than we do but that is not necessarily true. They do not suddenly become "wizards" at knowledge about our affairs though they do have other helpers and ways of finding out what is happening down here. There are many intricacies involved but suffice it to say that with an open heart full of love and the intention on communication with a certain person it may all come to fruition!

Remember to always say a prayer before a connection is made and surround yourself with God's Pure White Light of Protection. There are many "opportunistic" spirits that will hear the call for conversation from the facilitator and will rush to try to speak with whomever is there even though they are not the one personally called.That is just the way they are. So, one has to name the person with the intent of connecting with them as undoubtedly your facilitator will do. But there may be other relatives or people there who may come in as well during the session so that is something to also be aware of. Thank you for your question! May you receive God's blessing during your time of struggle and beyond. As a general rule, I personally do not recommend any mediums as God is the only One who knows about matters such as these. Therefore, imho Leave It To God.

Archived