Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Rainbow Bridge- Helped when I lost my dear dog

nittanylamb

• Members

I lost my best friend/dog a few years ago...It was hard and I felt like noone understood my pain...Some people just dont understand the pain it is to lose a beloved pet...You love and care for them as if they are your baby...Unconditional love is the perfect words...We cremated him and they were amazing and so supportive...They gave me this poem with his ashes and it helped to ease the pain a bit, just knowing that we would meet again. I would like to share this poem with all of you who have lost a beloved furry friend...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

post-310412-0-93113800-1363711799_thumb.

• Members
nittanylamb

That is beautiful. I wish the words could heal me now, but I am still in shock. Thank you for posting that....

• Members
nittanylamb

And I am so sorry for the loss of your mom Miss you Momma. I can't even imagine the pain you're suffering. I hope you have found some comfort....

Archived