Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

tragic tragic loss this past weekend

nittanylamb

• Members
mommanurse32

I am here posting because my grief is unbearable, this past weekend our beloved 4 year old blk labrador died due to ingesting coins. last week i noticed she had vomited 30 plus coins, yes that many, i rushed her to the vet, the vet told me to induce vomiting for 48 hrs which i did, well no coins came out, he did an xray and said she should throw up the few that were left. so on saturday she was not feeling well, i rushed her back to the vet, they did another x ray showing that yes they had not moved out of the stomach, i got referred to a surgery center 2 hrs away in another state, i rushed her there they did surgery and she passed away over the night, i was told that her lab work was bad pre surgery, she was anemic, wbc were elevated and her kidney function was low, but they removed the coins and gave her blood, i was told i would get a call if she got worse, well imagine my surprise when i called on sunday morning and was told , sorry but your dog died over night. my 6 yr old is crushed, my husband and I are beside ourselves with grief, i missed work , i cry all the time, she was the best dog, she was beautiful , 90 lbs of pure sweetness, our home is empty, thankfully we do have a cat and my pom pom, but its not the same without the big lug being there, my son got her as a puppy when he was 2, he crys for her, i cry for her. the pain is so great, its all so senseless, i do not understand how or why a dog would eat that many coins, she must of went in my sons room and im not sure how she got the coin jar then i wonder why did the vet not send us right away on weds to the surgery center instead of waiting? the would of, should of and could ofs are horrible, i tried to save her but i failed and that hurts too.

• Members

Mommanurse,

I am so sorry about trhe loss of your precious furbaby. What a terrible tragedy, and how insensitive of the vet not to call. You did everything you could, so please take some comfort there.

Do you have any photos to share?

We will be thinking of you in your time of need,

ModKonnie

• Members
mommanurse32

yes i have pictures but believe it or not i am not sure how to put them on line. i have never been able to upload a pic, if someone could tell me how to i would be willing to give it a try.

• Members

First remember where they are saved on your computer. Are they on your desktop or in a "picture folder?" Then, go to the gallery and follow the directions. When it says "browse," you are looking for where you have the pics stored on your computer.

It may take a few tries, but once you figure it out--you'll be putting pictures all over the internet. So, I hope this helps. Let me know, and I will try to help you through more.

ModKonnie

• Members
stillsad2013

I'm so sorry for your loss. Some people say they're just pets, but for us they're family. When we lose one, especially when they're young and it's so unexpected, it's terribly hard. There must be a lot of anger too. You might try writing a letter and pour all your anger and grief into it. Don't try to edit as you write, just say what you feel. Then put it aside for a few days. You may wind up editing it and sending it to the vet or you may just tuck it away or you may want to post it here. In any case it may help to express what you're feeling without worrying about what anyone else would say.

I have Labs too and they'd love to send some virtual hugs and slurpy kisses. Take care.

• Members
nittanylamb

I am so sorry to hear this. The loss of a pet is devestation beyond words. My dog was killed this morning by a coyote. I don't know how one gets over this, but I am sure in time you will feel a little better. I hope I do too because this is unbearable. Hang in there....

Archived