Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Too young to lose my mom :(

noahsmommi

• Members

I feel like I was too young to not have mom my anymore. I know it must be hard at any age. I'm 25 and I feel like I need her so much right now and it kills me. I have older siiblings who are 33 and 39 and I'm so jealous that got were able to have so much time with them and watch their kids grow and marry and she wont be here to watch all my big life events. My mom passed away at 57 and her mom (my grandma) is still living. Why couldnt that be me. Why couldnt I have her until im 57. She was always Mom & Dad! I just keep thinking of not having her guidance and knowledge when I have questions about my 4 yr old. Or helping me with picking out the right home for us. How do others who have lost their mom young move on with these big life moments without having parents.

Thanks for listening...

• Members

First, let me say I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother 6 months ago, and she was only a week away from her 59th birthday. I can tell you from experience, no matter how old you are, it never feels ok. I am 35, and it hurts so bad.

I wish I had some words of encouragement for you, but unfortunately I don't. The only thing I can tell you, is to keep writing here, cling to the ones who love you, and talk to your mother daily. That is what is getting me through. Maybe together, we will all get through this.

Hugs,

Ronda

• Members
jasmine.gwen

I'm 26 and lost my mom on December 7th... just 3 months ago. My mom was only 46 when she passed so I can absolutely relate... and her mother is still alive too. It's so hard every day. Some days are worse than others. All I do is take each moment as it comes. I try to keep occupied if I start to get upset because Im afraid of becoming more depressed than I already am (esp. Considering i have major depressive disorder, anxiety disorder, and panic attacks). Talking about it with my brothers and sisters helps too. My condolences to you for your mom.... it's a crappy thing to lose your mom at our age since a lot of people are still learning about adulthood and how the adult world works.

• Members
LauraLynn4608

Hello, and sorry for your loss. i can completely understand where you are coming from with feeling that you lost your mom at too young of an age. I lost my mom on Jan. 22 and she was only 53. I am 23, and while it has been almost two months since she passed, I am still trying to figure out how to go through the day without being crippled with thoughts of her. My mom was my best friend, she raised me as a single mother from the start, and she was supposed to be the one to walk me down the aisle next year. I keep wondering how I am going to get through this wedding planning and the actual wedding without her by my side. I am at least thankful the she got to be there for our engagement last September. i know it doesn't seem fair, I have cousins who are all older with grown kids of their own who still have their mothers, and the first thing I think isn't "oh well at least I still have my aunts." it's "why couldn't my mom live to be her sisters age"? My only advice, find something that works for you, someone on here recently suggested getting a notebook and writing down thoughts or memories of my mom, and I couldn't love that idea more, because it allows me to think back on all the fun times we had, and while thinking of those may only make you feel more sad, I'd like to believe there will be a time when those memories will make me smile. Also, I know for me, my mom was cremated, and I have her gorgeous urn by the window and since it's made of purple crystal, it lights up every time the sun hits it (and i smile because purple was her favorite color and she would love it), and I talk to her every day, sometimes many times throughout the day. While she can't answer me, I'd like to believe she can still hear me. Feel free to message me on here if you need to talk. Also, don't let anyone tell you what to do or feel, you need to grieve in your own way for your own amount of time. Take care.

Laura

• Members

Thank you all for your suggestions and comments... I'm sry for all of your losses as well...I have tried to be grateful to at least have her in my life until 25...I know some have lost their moms younger than that but its still hard...Like you LauraLynn, she was my best friend too...and she was also cremated and in a purple urn (her fav color as well :) ...I got the suggestion on here when I first started to start a diary/journal and talk to her....and I have and I will say it helps...Often starts the tears even more and harder but it helps to get it out and feel like im talking to her...

Archived