Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
momofJustin

Loss of an Adult Child

Hey, LouAnn, did your hubby watch the Banjo Bowl? McSweet! I'm loving it. 

Georgina, we are all here for you... and especially our thoughts will be with you on Monday. His Momma will never forget. What else matters? So much on your plate to deal with. It always comes in waves. I'm sorry about your mom. I hope all goes well and they can keep her comfortable. Great news about your daughter. I bet she is really happy with her new job and car. How is that grandbaby of yours doing? Keep us posted as we all are concerned and hoping things improve. 

Tina, what time do you start tomorrow. How far is the walk? We need a report when it is done, ok? 

Love to All, Kate

Lou ann   

Georgina. Im so sorry you are having so much upheaval and all at once. I just dont understand why some people get so much on thier plate while others sail thru life with barely a bump in the road. Just getting thru by one day, hour or a moment right now for u. Remember u have already been thru the worst life can throw your way. I used to wonder and worry if people woukd forget Kira, but i dont so much any more. Like Kate said his momma wont forget and thats most important. And we are all here for you, you know that. Monday will be hard but youll get thru cause everyone here will be with u every step all day. Stay strong my friend.

Kate. We arent really football fans but evan actually made the team at western but tore his acl and didnt end up playing. Im getting all antsy about the 4th coming though.

HI GANG,

sorry Susan, I was super busy for a couple of days and didn't see your sweet helping post...Karianne and Alex are in Sarasota, Florida,  but they are staying in a taller building with her EX right now, an office structure that was built with the newer regulations on windows and materials, so I think that she and her girl Al, will be okay. Thank you so much though.

Louanne, I weaned off of some anti-depressants a few years ago and the weaning was hard after only being on them for about a year or two.IT is important to wean under a doctor's knowledge and care. I am glad though, that you went back on and are feeling better.

Kate, wow, that is an expensive medicine...Lord knows that we appreciate the science behind it, but the price gouging is terrible.

Georgina, perhaps it being Monday makes it hard to do for a lot of folks. I think that nobody forgot, but that gathering on a work day is pretty cumbersome. I always quietly have my real day of Erica's leaving to myself, and the gathering on a weekend. I am sending prayers for You and your Sister, and your Mom and Husband...glad for your Daughter to have a new job to go to and I celebrate that she is a Nurse!

georgina just know there are lots of us all supporting you from afar on mon. It is in reality just a date but of course to us parents it is huuuge. it is very difficult to get time off work in the week that is true. my sister once told me that everyone has a different view on grieving and memorialising. Just because someone cannot attend does not mean their loved one one is forgotten, they will do what they need to at some point in their day to remember them or postpone their remembrances to the weekend. grief is not limited to just one day it is at anytime. Also to cope with all you have going on must be so very hard. I am sorry about your mum ,just enjoy the times you spend with her and make those memories beautiful and meaningful.

Thank you for your words that give me the strength to face tomorrow and the kindness and compassion the hope that you'll be there for me. 

Im struggling tonight but felt comfort in reading your posts to me. 

God Bless Georgina xxx

Kate their adorable and keep me going xxxx I love them xxxJustwish James was here as well he would of been such a loving uncle and given them so much. He was an artist and Ellia the older one loves to paint xxx

IMG_4337.PNG

IMG_4566.JPG

IMG_4639.JPG

IMG_4752.PNG

Georgina, they are simply adorable! I know how much my little ones bring joy into my life. They always manage to make me smile. Those grandies of yours are precious.  I will be thinking of you tomorrow. You know we are here for you. Hold on with both hands.

Dee, this rather new form of immunotherapy is finding great results in the treatment of some cancers. Due to his allergic reaction a few years back from his folfox drugs from colon cancer they were careful as to how to treat this form of cancer for his eye.  Very worried about the weather conditions. We are supposedly going to reach temps of + 34 C on Tuesday. What the heck is that? Ninety-four F. We are experiencing a drought like condition with no rain for ions. Where have the birds gone? I know they gather for migration, but they almost disappeared after the eclipse. The changes are happening far too fast.

I am almost ashamed to admit we had a heavenly day. Literally. The weather was perfect with a warm and blissful breeze off of the lake. I packed an old-fashioned picnic. We found a terrific spot to just sit and enjoy the scenery. Today we lived in the moment. And what a moment it was! Perfect. 

Sending love to all, Kate  

Kate, I love that today you lived in the moment. A picnic- how nice. My friend is doing immunotherapy for her cancer, melanoma...and she is doing nicely, way better than she would have done on chemo. My hat is off to the research medicine doctors.

As far as the birds, what is odd is, they are here, but they are quiet. I am so grateful to see the robins, and the cardinals are sounding, blue jays too, but the robins are almost silent. This week I started to hear the finch again, they had been quiet for a while...its odd for sure.

Georgina, my goodness, those girls are just beautiful. Those dark curls and lashes and the tender way big Sissy is watching over the little One. Gorgeous. Tomorrow talk to the skies and let your tears fall as they may...your Son will be there smiling on you and the Whole Family, loving you as he always will. Always has. Peace one day dear.

Tinay   

Nora.  You came to the right place. I lost my daughter shy of 6 months ago. Post what and when you can. We are here for you. 

Tina

hi Nora you are welcome to our little group but I am also so sorry you had a child loss in order to meet us. tell us more about yourself and Brandon when you feel upto it ok?

Georgina, may your day be filled with peace and love as you recall all of those special memories that you hold close to your heart of your special JAMES.

Georgina, know that James is never forgotten on this sorrowful day.  All who loved and knew him remember.  Our hearts and hands surround you and your family with comfort and support and ask James to help you feel his presence and give you strength for all you face.

I remember your child.JPG

Nora, I am sorry for your loss but you HAVE come to a good place. We are bereaved parents here who have lost a child or children and have banded together to help each other through this unimaginable loss. The ages are varied, the losses are varied,  the time lengths are varied but we share our pain,our healing and our thoughts and welcome you here in our  safe haven.  Share whenever you are ready, whatever you are ready to.  You are not alone.

Comfort.jpg

Georgina....You are blessed....they look like real live Dolls....let this day have it's way with you....and allow yourself some time alone...just you and your boy...I believe that we don't show the world how we love our child that passed by grieving deeply for years....it is how we learn to honor our child...

ScreenShot1846.jpg

ScreenShot1848.jpg

ScreenShot1824.jpg

Devianz   

Georgina,

Sending you love and positive energy on this day and every day. Know that James is there with you in his heart and spirit and he channels that light through you to them.  Let that light be a beacon and hold it in your heart for all to see. Much love to you, dear.

Margo

Nora, I am so sorry that you are in grief, but please know that long bad nights are all part of this sad time. Let us know more about your Sweet Boy.

Nora....grief is exhausting....early grief is crippling for our physical..mental...and emotional personas.....we are here to hear. Peace to you.

Dee...happy to hear your family is safe....

Dianne....how are your days going ? You really had some of those low blue days....which is normal. I do believe the changing of the seasons has a lot to do with our having more unbalance in our days.

Margo....I am glad you are feeling more balanced. After my surgery all I could think of was..'Why didn't I do this 3 years ago'......

Kate...that picnic sounds like something we all could enjoy....

ScreenShot1391.jpg

Thank you knowing I had all my friends here to support me throughout these last few days has helped me.  Exhausted tonight will post tomorrow I thought I would share this again. 

God Bless xxx

I copied this a few weeks ago....needing time to put my words in the way my spirit knows this is true....energy never dies...it is transformed....our child is 'somewhere'....Believing it so....it is so......I hope this adds a layer of comfort to your heart and soul....

ScreenShot1348.jpg

ScreenShot1347.jpg

Laurie our friend...how are you ? We know you have been working 24/7...two jobs...plus family....and all that goes with daily living....I think of you every day....I know October is on your horizon....

ScreenShot1380.jpg

ScreenShot1379.jpg

Susan, thank you for asking.  I am doing okay. I think of him everyday--some good some hard...trying my best, like all of us.  3rd anniversary looming ahead but trying to keep a little light on.  Trying to keep on carrying on like your snippet above.

Kate, hoping Ross does well with his medication.  Meds are so expensive.  Tim had cataract surgery this spring and he had to do pre-and post meds.  They were almost $1,000 and that is with a drug supplement. 

Dee, glad your family is safe. These hurricanes have been so disastrous. We were so disappointed when my SIL didn't get the job in Sarasota but now maybe someone was watching over us.

Nora----So sorry for your loss of your dear son, Brandon.  this is a place no parent

ever wants to be a part of, but when tragedy strikes us,  we stagger with grief, and

feel only sorrow, loss and despair....along with pain.  It is a terrible load to carry,

and we understand .   Please come back to BI (formerly called Beyond Indigo).

You are welcome here.

JAMES......JAMES......SAYING YOUR NAME, AND REMEMBERING YOU.  SMILE DOWN

FROM HEAVEN ON YOUR MAMA AND FAMILY TO WARM THEIR SOULS.

Georgina------I'm sorry I missed dear James' Angel Day. He is in your heart and always

with you. Absolutely beautiful children. .......so sweet.   thank you for posting

the pics, and the lovely song.   Thinking of you, and sending prayers,  our BI friend. 

PEACE    AND   TRANQUILITY,  AND COMFORT    TO   ALL   INDIGOS.

davey&Lisasmom,    sherry

Susan I love the  message in your post with the photo of the space vehicle and the idea of energy. I do believe that all energy remains sometimes in new forms. I have a pretty saying on my school room door: You are made of stars. We are all made of the same materials that exist in stars and planets and flowers...our energy remains energy even after we are no longer walking around.

As the weather changes and the season changes soon to autumn, hang onto your hearts and know that sadness often comes on the wind with the new season. It is inevitable that the change in seasons just remind us of missing our Kids through this season too, we remember the events of their lives in this next season, apple picking, homecoming games/dances, so much. Hang onto your hearts and let your tears out, let them wash through your system and let them honor your ache.

Susan, how goes the clean up and finding homes for all those who lost their homes? We saw on the news this evening that 80% of schools in Houston are open again, which surprised me and wonder if things are getting the attention needed to help everyone.

Dianne, yep, sometimes things work out in ways we just can't understand at the time, but are good in the long run. I am holding your hand.

Laurie, as Susan has asked after you, I am sending hope for only positive events for your family. You have had such a full plate lately. Hope.