momofJustin

Loss of an Adult Child

60,595 posts in this topic

Calling All Angels....

Our amazing GRANDdaughter's due date is February 5th.....

she had to go to the ER yesterday morning with complications...contractions...her Dad left right away...as did a dear family friend...to be by her side...Randa ..my daughter was at work...(she is a nurse)....I got Pibby from school...then Randa, Hunter Bear...(her twin)...and Pibby left for League City...

I am not going into detail....there has many multiple sonograms...tests....the baby is in distress...

I did not go because I have this horrible 'crud-cold-congestion'....I should not be around people....this has been a long night....

Fight hard our Beautiful..Beloved Baby Boy....

this photo was taken on Sunday of my girl....

Pray hard...

ScreenShot553.jpg

Susan- my prayers and most positive thoughts for your granddaughter and grandbaby. Prayers for you being on the home front knowing you would rather be  there with them to lend positive thoughts and moral support.  My thoughts are with you.

Update.....she was taken for emergency C-section..due to irregular heartbeat and very slow heartbeat.....'He' is born....will give details later....

thank you for the prayers....

Breathe Susan. You are through the first dangerous part. Breathe and pull up for whatever struggles are before your family . we are here and praying everything is going well

Bob-yeah you got the term I've struggled for. Closest child. Not favorite because truly I can't name a favorite but he def was the closest and I miss that so much. 

Oklahoma, I love it here but god does our state stay near the bottom of the list of every reasonable reform. We really rank among the worst in nearly every category. Bleh.  Glad to hear other parts of the country are moving forward.

Oh Susan, my heart to you and prayers for the Momma and precious Baby Love. He is born. He has come. Now God and all of our Angels, please let this little person be able to handle the stresses of being born early and let the doctors know just what is needed to give him good health. Please God, we pray this as we hold our dear Susan and her Family close.

gretchen , 

lol , an aging care website that i used to visit  ( when i was caring for my elders )  suggested that if i were to get a portrait tattoo of my murdered son , i would have to get another tattoo of my eldest son just in the interest of fairness .. i found a google image of a vagina on a forearm , took it to paintshop , printed " other son " on it and sent it to bob . if bob doesnt " get " my sense of humor ( and he doesnt ) then its no wonder that we arent closer and he doesnt " get " me at all .. 

i have to have humor , no matter how twisted  it might seem to others . in retrospect , if high school yearbooks had enough foresight they would have voted jake " most likely to be shot in the head " . im not being disrespectful to jake . jake totally approved of off color humor and that spirit lives within me  as long as i can still draw another breath .. 

thank you jake for the awesome humor that we shared . i love you and you knew that .. 

re; humor , jake and i worked together in masonry for the major part of 15 years . i had hepc for all of my adult life . dont get to thinking " junkie " too quickly here . the military from 69 to 79 were cramming hepatitis vaccinations into young soldiers that mutated and werent resolved by our immune systems . sometimes on the job when i was ragging jake for the utmost highest quality of masonry stonework , he would  look and wave skyward and proclaim " come on liver cancer " . we arent strangers or newcomers to extremely wry humor . 

thank you for the prayers....what a nightmare....they started all sorts of tests...yesterday....last night a Dr. came in the room and told the family that there was indications of Down Syndrome...and Gestational Diabetes...of course...my daughter and family were blindsided with the news...after the whole pregnancy had absolutely no problems...I was here..and all I could do is try to calm Randa....there was many prayers...lots of tears...a fitful sleepless night....I finally said a prayer that went like this...'It is in God's Hands...we are the perfect family to receive a 'Special Child' with our love and care to give that little one'.....this morning due to irregular heartbeat and it getting very slow...they rushed her in for an emergency C-section.....he is healthy...had to stay in pediatric ICU due to stress...but he is fine. Our new little Mommie is simply worn out...thank you all for the prayers....

ScreenShot569.jpg

Oh Susan, he is Gorgeous, those big hands of his, right in his mouth, finding his skills at sucking. God Bless little man with so big a name. God bless you all, and axtra special prayers that Taylor heals and gets some deep rest. She will need to really take it easy if she can. Oh Leonardo, your pretty self is so loved and when Great Grammy is feeling well, she will whisper family stories to fill your life. You are part of something good and big; a force of unity.

Oh Susan, what a trying time you have all had. God Bless your new little man and family. He's a beauty. Sending warm wishes for a good recovery. Take care of your cold.

Susan- what a beautiful little boy. And what a proud family name. So happy to hear that mom and baby came through this well. An amazing new branch on the family tree....  God bless all of you---Mom, Dad, Baby and the pack of family that gathered around to support this miraculous event. 

I thank each of you...from my heart....I feel such a connection to the parents on this site...that have reached out to help me through the most shattered part of my life...I can't help but want each of you to be a part of a 'miracle' in my life...our baby is still in NICU....they put Tay in a wheelchair and wheeled her in...to see/touch that baby boy....he turned to her when she spoke...of course. I do wish I could be there..but...I have this 'crud-cold-congestion'....it is a strange 'illness' for sure. But I will get better if I 'fold my wings' and let Mother Nature and Father Time heal me. I went out to my back yard...in the evening...it is now 78 degrees...it was 22 degrees a couple of days ago...such a soft evening....and the sky was cerulean blue and the clouds were like cotton candy...a certain kind of fushia...and there in the sky was the full moon....I have gone between having melt downs...to having down on my knees gratitude...I know I am sleep deprived. Yes Dee....I, too, saw those big hands...I remembered you talking about your girl and her big hands....isn't it something that we connect at such levels of remembering. I will give an update tomorrow on how he is doing. My Randa is simply stretched so thin....of course...I could not be there...but she knows I should not be there. Thinking of all of you.

IMG951898.png

Congratulations Susan.  He is a beautiful baby.    Prayers for all of you to get some good rest tonight.

Sandy

Susan I am so glad everything is so well. He IS beautiful!! And the fifth! Is that what I read? 

Susan, dare I say that the colors of that sky were for your heart to hold onto the magic...and dare I also say, that the photo shows me a little dude with his Momma's nose; the photo of the three of them is gorgeous.Relief is spread into their faces. May the NICU find this Child healthy and able in every way.

Susan, keep us posted as to how your little wee one is doing today and his Momma! The picture is lovely.

Gretchen, I wanted to say how awesome your sneakers are. Dee was right in that you could sell them.

Bob, our firearms regulations are similar to yours with the exception that we are not allowed to have handguns. In rural areas many people own registered guns for hunting. How did the chili turn out? Jeff was into all hot sauces and anything that burned the lining in your stomach.

Sherry, hope our cold weather has not headed your way yet.

Georgina, I see you are getting a blast of old winter as well.

Becky, how are you feeling today?

Take care everyone and stay warm!

Kate

Susan-----Congratulations and prayers for the arrival of this beautiful new little boy. So glad that the

baby is healthy. Your granddaughter must be so tired.....it's a lot to go through with a

C-section. Hope she gets lots of rest. Also,  hope that you get over your cold.  There will

be happy times ahead for you and the whole big family to love & dote on this sweet little newcomer.

God bless him, and everyone in the family.

Kate------It was quite cold last week, but now has turned warm now.  A little of a back & forth weather,

and I see on the news that the local hospitals are packed with flu victims.  This sometimes happens 

when the weather swings erratically from cold to warm. :(   I've been busy cleaning closets and doing

oil painting and reading to pass the winter months.  Have you found time for your pastimes?   Also,

how is your husband doing?  Sending prayers. 

Dee--------How are you surviving this erratic weather?

WISHING  PEACE   AND  COMFORT  TO  ALL  INDIGOS.

Davey&Lisasmom,   Sherry

thank each of you for the kind words and congratulations....and yes..Gretchen...he is the 5th to inherit the family name....they are going to call him Veto...that will certainly be a new name for our family. The news today is that they had to give him a feeding tube last night...just one time...since then...he has been given feedings from his Mommie and bottle...he is still in NICU.....there still needs to be stabilization of sugar issues...the Dr. said all is 100% fine and healthy....he will have to be weaned from the glucose IV drip. Family has been able to go and hold and hold that new little man....this is Uncle Hunter Bear..(Taylor's twin brother) holding him...no news of when he will be out of NICU....we will take it one day at a time....I did get a good night's sleep....feeling about 50% today....getting better.

ScreenShot576.jpg

I bet a good night's sleep after that tremendous amount of fear lifted has helped a lot Susan. On your way to being able to hold that precious bundle. Veto is a fun different name. I like it.

Here is a horrible pic my husband took of me climbing out of my newly fixed up loft.

0111171642-00.jpg

Sorry I'm not well at the moment but just wanted to say to Susan beautiful baby, lovely family picture so glad all turned out well. God Bless 

Kate were meant to have snow tomorrow I'm not sure we will though it's too mild. 

Im reading your posts everyday without which I'd be so lost. Take care everyone 

God Bless xxx

Congrats Susan...beautiful new life.

I do miss you all and I think of this place almost daily.   Yes, Bob, our plans change...don't they.  So did the plans of every parent, sister, brother..etc that has witnessed the death of their child.

Each one of us has taken a different road to get to the same place.  I cannot say my family is fully-functioning, but we have found our new life without Brians physical presence.  However, our Brian is part of our new life.  Most of the times are good memories of him.  But around the holidays, Birthday and Angel day, the pain still comes.  My very soul hurts.

I attribute my journey to the other parents here who walked before me.  They showed me that I could live again.

love to you all.

Colleen, Brians Mom forever 

Susan, what a pretty picture of Hunter Bear with Vito-Veto? Which spelling?

I have been hit with this silly cold too, very congested and have had no and I mean NO VOICE For three days now. Laryngitis. Yes, I teach even when I have it, though would heal faster if I did not. I have had too many special meetings this week to take off, and tomorrow is our field trip that I arrange each year, to the Art Institute with 115 third graders. So no rest for the wicked. I felt horrid on Saturday and not great on Sunday and Monday and the voice went but I am not feeling badly.

So I agree with you Sherry, when the weather goes nuts like it has, back and forth, it is cause of many illness. Laryngitis is rampant around my neck of the woods, the virus attacking the vocal chords and I am a pushover for it, getting it way too often. I look like a crazy mime when I teach while voiceless. We get it done though, and we have fun.

Gretchen, not a horrid photo, a fun one though.

Georgina what's up? Are you ill? Are you going to be okay?

Don't have much time.  Mom has gone downhill and is now on hospice.  Maddox is doing great and getting bigger each day.  I'm literally losing my mind.  My therapist says I'm Pandora's box that is about to explode.  I'm just hanging by a thread.  I pray for death every night and get mad when I wake each morning.  I'm too lazy to do it myself and besides, a girl always wants to die pretty.  Sharing a few pics.  The one with the tree is what we made for Ricky this year.  I miss him sooooo much! 

img1483730279447.jpg

20170105_175012.jpg

20161226_161515.jpg

moments_0333E020-ABEC-4056-BA64-E9D6AA24E65B_hi_res.jpg

Good Grief...it sounds as if several of you are under the weather. Take it easy and self care...That's an order! Don't know about any of you... but post Xmas sends me into a downward spiral. A general blah feeling to be honest. Our weather has been the pits. Cold with far too much snow. Most of my neighbours are either in Texas, Arizona, or Florida. So, things are pretty quiet around this neck of the woods. Spoke to my son in Calgary today and they are calling for temps of upwards of +14C. shortly. As they head up to Banff or Lake Louise every weekend to ski I imagine the road conditions for driving will be dicey.

Sherry, thanks for asking after Ross. He is doing quite well and plugging along as per his usual self. Today was his birthday and we had a quiet evening. We will go out and celebrate over the weekend. I am doing pretty much the same as you. Can't believe how quickly the days pass. His sister called from Dayton today and mentioned that your weather was actually quite warm. Her husband retires within the year and they are moving back to Vancouver Island for retirement. Beautiful spot to spend those lazy days.

Wendy, goodness...quite the set of lungs on that little one. Sorry to hear that things are not going well right now. Hang on with both hands.

Dee, hope you are feeling better soon.

Gretchen, thanks for sharing your pics. I always enjoy hearing what you are up to. Again, love those sneakers. 

Colleen, my goodness...good to hear from you. It is a huge help to those new to this journey to see that there is indeed peace after the initial stages wear off.

Sandy, how is Kelly doing?

I simply could not sleep tonight and thought I would get up to look outside. There is a light snow falling and there were a couple of deer quietly eating at our bird feeders. My they are such graceful and gentle creatures.  Get well everyone.

Kate