momofJustin

Loss of an Adult Child

59,486 posts in this topic

Oh----Lorri, you realize that when you meet any of us face to face it won't be your face that we look at first.....I know I'll be checking out the twins!  :)

I am in need my friends. JaBoa's mom has been calling me the last 3 days.  I think she is finally ready to leave her boyfriend.  She is tired of being beat and misses her mama.  Please pray that she calls me tomorrow for me to go get her and her children.  She hinted he will be gone and I will make my move.. I need strength.  I know there is a good chance with all of this I could get beaten up by the jerk.. but it is well worth it..  I am so afraid.. afraid that she won't leave him... because if she doesn't.. she has enlightened me with to much that I will need the strength then to get hold of certain people to force some help...  please just prayers... I really need them.. I don't feel to strong these days

Thank you in advance...  I am so thankful for you all

Leah/JaBoa's grandma

Leah-I haven't been much good at praying lately, but I'll try for you.  Please be careful. 

Rhonda Westley's Mom

Leah,

I will pray right now! I worked with domestic violence such as you describe. My name is Elaine, and if you need any information on leaving etc, don't hesitate to contact me! You can email me on here if you like. GO get a no contact/restraining order while or after you have her out of there! Don't put that off! And also make sure if she works, her employer/employees are aware of the order! If there is school to be concerened with for children, that can be worked out too! Go through the restraining order process and see if there is a (domestic violence victims advocate) she/you can talk too as well. If he's threatened you, you get one too! Do the same with your employer etc! Prayers going up and don't hesitate to contact me! If there are ever any written threats such as email, notes and so on,, keep them, also log any phone calls and so on. Cover yourself is what I am saying.

Elaine

Dear Leah 

Prayers are on the way.  I have put your family on my prayer chain.   I am so glad that your daughter has called and asked for help  Please be careful!!!  If things become violent please call the police. 

Sherry lovely picture of little Lisa I love seeing all the picture of our angels

Betsy  and Dan your creatuve remembrance  for Stephenie was really  beautiful

Susannah  I am so glad that little Curtis is home and recovering  He is very brave little guy as is Grandma!!!

Carol and Ralph  warm thought sn prayrs are always sent your way

Sonya  and Dee hope yu are enjoyig the wonder of your special vacation time

Colleen I too miss my old life.  I do visi it often and have many happy rememberings:?

Lorrie hope you are recovering

Stay well Indigos

Betty Stephen'smom:)

I am sorry i have not visted very much lately we have been going through alot this past year found out alot of things about our sons death one being it could have been prevented if the hospital we took him to woudl have done the right thing. It all has just been giving me so much pain i feel like i am reliving it all over again even though i want to know what really happened. most of all i just wanted to come here and thank everyone for remembering my EJ on his angel date i really appreciate it alot thank you all very much.

post-30061-128153899764_thumb.jpg

I ask that you, your daughter and her children be protected in the white light of Christ.  That you be surrounded by God's angels and that your thoughts and direction be made clear.  I pray that you be buoyed up for the task at hand and that God remove worry from your mind, instead replacing it with assuredness.  I pray that all the pieces be put in the right place so that Leah and her daughter move with efficiency and effectiveness.  I thank you, God, for reuniting Leah and her daughter.  Please strengthen their bond with love and forgiveness.  Thank you, too, for showing your grace, mercey and strength!

I don't know you, EJ's mom, but I send you hugs.  Knowing the truth doesn't make it much easier, does it.  In fact, in your case it makes it more difficult.  However, as you said, as bad as it hurts we have to know, don't we?  For me, in the end, being able to put all the pieces of the puzzle together didn't help much.  There was still a piece missing; my daughter. 

Your EJ is a very handsome young man!

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

Sus, do you need directions?

[user=39355]msnher[/user] wrote:

I don't think this is the right site.

The world has gone mad.  Tornados here in Victoria Australia....never seen here with such force.  Tonight there are weather warnings for galeforce winds and rain so I will batten down my hatches and crawl under the doona with one Muttley dog.

Before I do.....Lyn, I know its Thursday here tomorrow, Kalya's day....thinking of you.  Rainbow balloon with K.A.Y.L.A. will be launched regardless of the weather,

Marcia ... Bethany's day soon, you are in my thoughts.....

Trudi

Trudi

I agree, the weather has gone mad.  Rain, Rain and more Rain here in WI.  My yard is a rain forest (Dee, did your garden survive the flood)?

The mosquito's are the size of Robins and it is so humid, I feel like I am waking in a mist tent.  WOW

Other parts of the country are dry - very dry - I am sending a prayer for rain.

INDIGO's

I have decided not to contact my friend for a while.  She called Sunday night, after 7-8 years of not hearing from here.  I called her and wrote her during those 7-6 years- with no responce.  She called and had no idea about Brian.  I was consoling someone else over the death of my own son.  It was very hard.  Brought me back to those first 8-9 months where pain and sorrow ruled my life.  I cannot go back there.

She was such a good friend.  Perhaps after my mind, body and soul settle-down a little, we may begin again.  But not now.

Hard decision, but energy is a precious commodity for me now

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

FYI...It appears that they now actually have the http://www.grieving.com/ site live. I was on there and logged in today. Only thing is one you click on say "loss of an adult child" you have to click on "last" in order to see the most recent post. All postings from this site are in there.

I sent them a message about this. But, they do have a "chat" button once logged in you can use and it appears that it works but I was the only one in there and no way to tell if it "really" works or not.

[align=center]Kayla ........

[/align]Kayla ........

[align=right]Kayla ...........[/align]

Good morning Indigos! I have tried several times to post but I cant keep the thoughts straight in my head to type what I want/need to say.  Guess its my turn to come here for the support I know I can count on. The gut wrenching tears have started earlier in the week. Today marking the 24 month mark since I last heard Kayla's voice. Oh what I wouldnt give to hear it again. Even if I have to tell her to slow down while talking so I could understand her lol. She always had a knack for talking fast and dramatically.

I am able to use some ( 3 ) vacation days to get myself pulled together. Sure hope it works.

Not much rain here either. We have had some loud thunder and a huge lightening show the pass 2 nights. Maybe our Angels are having a gathering of sorts.

Sus, I sure wish I had your and Dee's way with words. You all inspire me.

Kathy, where oh where are the curls on that handsome boy? He still looks as handsome as ever tho.

Leah, so glad you decided to come back to your friends here on BI. Best of luck and please be careful.

I could go on and on but I am working on a project to take to Kayla tomorrow. Sorry for leaving other Indigo's out, it really isnt personal.  Do know that I am following you all on the journey.

Love and hugs,

Lynn aka: the Mom with one of the best angels in heaven-KAYLA

Has anybody checked out the new site?

LYNN, may this day and the following days somehow be filled with the love of Kayla more than the loss. She flutters all around you now, knowing that you are aching and wishing she could help that. We ache, we sob, we are torn up, and allowing that opens up the new airways, the new ways to live. Oh how I wish you didn't have this pain.

Leah, please be careful. Would it be wise if you called the local police in your daughter's area and ask for protection, unofficially?

Please know that you have the strength as shown over these past years, it is in you, just be careful please.

Dawnray, prayers for you as you find the facts of EJ's death, it must be difficult and I am praying for you.

Trud, climb under the what? be careful.

dee

Trudi-Batten down the hatches and stay safe.  It's so hot here you can barely breathe, but we're not getting storms at least.  Although we could use the rain.

Colleen-You have to do what is best for you.  I don't like this new life either very much, not nearly as much as my old life.  But its the one we've got to live and we have to do the best we know how. 

Lynn-Thinking of you and hoping you are getting some peace and rest.  I know the peace might be harder than the rest, but something is better than nothing.  I haven't even made it to the one year mark, it seems impossible that we would ever go that long without hearing our child's voice or seeing their beautiful faces, doesn't it?  Just know that you're not alone. 

Okay, so I'm confused.  They moved all the posts from here over to the new site, but we can still use this one?  Is everybody going to switch to posting on the new one, or will new posts on here also be over there?  I thought they were just going to change from one to the other, so there would never be more than one, but you all know I'm technologically challenged. 

Rhonda Westley's Mom

Dee-I looked it up and a doona is a quilt, at least that's what I found. 

Dawnray-I forgot to tell you how sorry I am that it is so difficult to finally find out more details about your son's death.  When I got the report from the ME's office, I was hysterical.  The only thing that could have made it easier to take was a note on there that the body had been mis-identified and wasn't really my son at all, just a look-alike who was pretending to be him.  That he was really on vacation in Mexico, or even running from the law.  Anything other than what he was, gone.  Your EJ was so handsome.  Hugs to you.

Rhonda Westley's Mom

testing.1.....2............3....

Hello Indigos.

This new site is pretty cool. I will have to take my computer home and play tonite.

Lynn, tomorrow is the 2 year mark since you hear your sweet girls voice. We are here for you. We feel your pain. May the love a Kayla surround you today and alway. Hope she gives you butterfly kisses.

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

ok this is SUCKIN..................

THIS IS ME NOT LIKING THIS SITE RIGHT NOW... :angry:

Well, I just kind of jumped on to say hello and a VERY late good morning...oops, now I see it's already afternoon...didn't sleep much lasst night, had completely WEIRD dreams that kept waking me up...hubby got up and saw me still sleeping, so he let me sleep...unitl 11:30!!!! I don't think I've done that since I was a teenager!

So, now I am trying to find my way around this site...at first I couldn't get to it and I was in a panic, but here I am. Glad to see others here, too...I guess it just switches automatically...

Colleen: I agree, you have to do what is best for you right now, and perhaps this friendship is not ready to be renewed. I had a very close friend for over 20 years, and a few years before Mike was diagnosed, for some weird reason, she decided to just stop our friendship...no explanation, nothing. It hurt like hell. We were like sisters---TWENTY years. I wrote her a letter and asked her to at least tell me why...we had always said that a good friendship survived, just as ours had for many years, because we were honest with each other, really loved each other, etc. But, she never would go into it...she just said that she didn't want to talk about it. Have run in to her since (she even came to Mike's blessing of the sick), came to his services, even came to visit him that last week...acted like nothing had ever happened, like we were old friends again, etc. In my kitchen, she looked around and said "It's like I was just here yesterday (it had been EIGHT freaking years!!!) and I couldn't help it, I just blurted it out "It doesn't feel that way to me." It took me over three years to get over not having her and her family in our lives...three years of just pain...til I finally realized the one being hurt the most was me and it was time to move on. Anyway, that's neither here nor there...what I wanted to say to you was just that sometimes it's better to just let it go and not worry about it...consider it something good that happened when it was good for it to happen, and now it's not---just, please, don't feel bad about it. You need to take care of YOU.

Well, one thing I've discovered about this site is taht you can still see the previous posts when you are replying...cool...no more lost posts trying to remember, look back, etc. YAY!!!

KAYLA....KAYLA....KAYLA...surround your beautiful mom with your sweet spirit...help her to remember those wonderful moments with you and help fill her heart with only love today... Lynn---I am so sorry that your are feeling such pain and sorrow right now...the two-year mark is tough...I think we imagine things will not be so bad, and then they are worse, and it just breaks us down, again...holding you close, sweetie...sending strength.

Leah: Prayers for you, sweet lady, as you go through this---please keep safe...as others have suggested, restraining orders, etc...I know they take time, etc., but please just keep safe. I pray that all works out and goes well...holding you close in thought as you face this.

Dawnray: I am sorry that all this pain is renewing itself in your heart...as others have said, dealing with all those reports, etc., must keep your heart in such pain...please know you are in my prayers for peaceful moments to find you.

Trudi: climb under whatever you have to, just stay SAFE!!! We love you, dear lady...just stay safe!

Kathy: I am glad to hear that things are sounding a little better for your mom and dad...it is just great that she will be in a place where your dad can be with her...praying that he will be accepting of this and that things will be okay for both of them.

Dee: so glad to read of your precious time with John...as usual, your description brought each of us along to enjoy it as well...I know that Eri was right there with both of you, enjoying the renewal of sweet memories of days gone by...a truly rejuvenating trip, it sounds like...your students will be blessed even more than usual, after you return.

got to go and get dressed...or maybe I will just stay in my pj's...

love and peace to all my beautiful indigo family...carol mikesmomrs

now I am going to hit "send" and see how this turns out!

What is your struggle with the site? We can help you get comfy in your new home...

Kelly

ok this is SUCKIN..................

THIS IS ME NOT LIKING THIS SITE RIGHT NOW... :angry:

:) HI INDIGOS

JUST TESTING THE NEW SITE IT APPEARS I CAN ACCESS THE BOARD. STEPHEN'S PICTURE IS NOT SHOWING I SEE ALL THE OTHERS SO I WILL SEND A QUESTION TO KELLY

LYNN I TOO REMEMBER THE LAST DAY I HEARD STEPHEN'S VOICE. HOPE YOU HAVE WONDERFUL MEMORIES OF YOUR SPECIAL ANGEL ON THIS DAY

KAYLA KAYLA KAYLA

LEAH DO TAKE CARE TOAY WAITING TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE SAFE

CAROL SO VERY GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO SLEEP SO LONG SO SORRY ABOUT TH DREAMS PLEASE TAKE CARE!!

SHERRY LOVE YOUR LITTLE ANGEL LISA'S PICTURE. NOT SURE IF I RESPONMDED TO THAT AND THE TOMATO CANNING. GREAT EFFORTS FOR THE SUMMER :D

DEE AND SONYA HOPE YOU ARE RELAXING AND ENJOYING THE DAYS

TRUDI I AGREE THE CHANGE IN WEATHER PATTERNS IS ALARMING HOPE MUTLEY HAS BEEN BEHAVING!! :rolleyes:

BETSY I KNOW THE MOVE IS GETING CLOSE i PRAY FOR PEACE AND REMEMBER YOU ARE MAKING THE RIGHT MOVE!!

HAVE TO RUN TO THE DENTIST AGAIN I BIT DOWN OAND BROKE MY BRIDGE A WEEK AGO IT IS NOW REAY AT THE COST OF 1,200. oH WELL NOT GOING TO WORRY

GOING TO TRY TO MAKE AN ATTACHMENT AND SEE IF i CAN :unsure:

HAVE A BLESSED DAY ALL

BETTY STEPHEN'SMOM