Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers and Laurie, thank you for lighting that candle. After that call and sitting here waiting for my husband I was so overwhelmed. My Gramma is ok. Her foot is broken in three places. Her ankle is broken and she’s sore and bruised but she’s going to be ok. She sees an orthopedic surgeon in a couple of days. She can’t walk without the use of a walker which she’s not happy about at all. She had 6 year old, Emily in the car too. Em has a bruised cheek and some abrasions from the seat belt. It could have been so much worse. Her brakes failed on interstate in heavy traffic. The nurses and doctor told her she must have a guardian Angel. She will be staying with us for a while. She lives with my Great Aunt who is recovering from hip replacement surgery. No way they can care for each other right now. The woman who takes care of everyone else is going to have to let us take care of her for a bit. The nurse looked at me when we left and said, “Has she always been an overachiever?” I’m relieved but I am so drained being so worried for my Grandma and of course the place this took me back to. So much panic and anxiety. Just knowing that prayers were being sent helped a lot while I was sitting in the hospital. Thank you.

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Shannon,

I haven't been able to get here for several days. Just snuck on really quick and saw your post about your gramma. I'm so sorry. That must have been horrible for her and you both. In my prayers. I hope to get back later to see what else I've missed.

Debbie

• Members

Shannon

So glad grandma is alright.

Thinking of you

Colleen, Brian's Mom 4ever

• Members
Steve s mom

Becky,

Even think of stating an online petition for the principal to be held accountable for what was done.

I'm sure you could get a lot of signatures that should be sent to the school board

• Members

Shannon, I am so relieved that your Gramma is going to be fine. I know that this put your emotions and adrenaline in overdrive...I sure do get that. And now you are watching over another child in your home. Goodness knows that you have been a person of huge heart and an open door. Sleep well knowing that Gramma's mind is at rest with your keeping that little one with you.

Lora, I am glad for your day off tomorrow. The date is such a hard one I know. Forgetful? I get very forgetful in July, our angelversary month, just do, we are preoccupied in that living with one foot here and one in our memories. You do what is most comfortable to your heart tomorrow. Cara will be smiling on you and holding your hand.

• Members

CARA

CARA

CARA

Calling your name is like music to your Momma's ears, to her heart. We have come to know you well through the stories your Mom tells and we love you. Help your Mom and Brothers and friends through the hardest times Cara, helping them know that you will always be near.

Lora, holding your hand as this day brings what it does to you.

• Members

Lora, thinking of you today as you celebrate the beautiful life of your sweet and precious Cara.

Shannon, I am so happy to see that your Gram is going to be ok. I am wishing her a speedy recovery.

Dee, thank you for sharing your poems. They are so moving and really speak to the heart.

Sherry and Susan, thinking of both of you as another special date fast approaches.

Sending love to ALL for a good day. Kate

• Members

Cara's Mom

Thinking of you on Cara's second Angelversary.

These times are hard, we are here to hold your hand.

May you fell the angel wings of your beautiful girl today.

Colleen, Brian's Mom forever

• Guests
Guest Trista's_Mom

Cara, Cara, Cara…

We call out your name today, Sweet Girl. We know you are the music in your Momma’s soul. We’ve come to know your beautiful Spirit through your Mom. Wrap her in your love today and let her feel you so close. Show her you are near in those ways that are yours and hers.

Lora,

Know we are all holding you up in Spirit and holding you close in our hearts. Your Momma love is infinite and so is Cara’s love for you. My wish is that you feel that love all around you today, that you see it in everything sweet and beautiful just like your Cara.

post-328114-0-31418500-1402670458_thumb.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

I need some techno help from my friends on this site.....could one of you post the song by Van Morrison..'Reminds Me of You'......

Lora....am sending this song to you today.....for all of us know this is the background song in our lives now....for it is so true...

'everything reminds me of you'.....

We all have that one foot in the 'that was then'....

the other foot in the 'this is now'.....

we are stretched to the max....

but on this site....you have so many that are walking in your shoes...and holding your hand...and thinking of you with very special thoughts today....we know how hard it is.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

post-306805-0-20356700-1402673610_thumb.

This is for you and Cara.....

we all seem to know that Cara would want us....and need us....to reach out and touch you in prayer...thoughts...care...consideration..

Just as God/Mother/Father of the Universe uses mortal men and women....to create good on this earth home....

the Angels use us to console and comfort each other on this journey....

Sweet Friend....we hope you find a sliver of peace today and everyday....knowing you are thought of...

A very Special Thank You to Shannon for helping me 'give' you a song....

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Cara, Cara, Cara,

We shout out your name on this second angelversary...may your momma feel you close to her today....and help her to walk in the light of your love.

Lora, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
Angel Boy of Mine

Beautiful Cara, Cara, Cara!  We shout out your name today on this your second angelversary! I picture you with all our angels dancing and singing on the clouds! ((Hugs)) to you Lora!

• Members
lovU2themoon

Cara Cara Cara

saying your name out loud today!! 

Sending loving hugs to your momma.

​Trying to gather all my thoughts about the Afterlife awareness conference, so many things went on, so many amazing speakers, 

it truly was something to absorb and think about.

Being around 400 people who 100% know our loved ones are with us, showing us signs, guiding us, very powerful.

and those that teach us a new way to grief, a new way to look upon dying and death, soul contracts, that teach ego vs soul, what the ego does for/to death

what the soul does to/for death, so much.

I will give you the links to some of the most memorable speakers. 

I will post as i  remember and get the audio and video links to review, very difficult to remember everything!! 

http://www.tomzuba.com/

http://www.embracingdeath.net/

http://blessingsbyroland.com/

http://drparisetti.com/ 

post-352017-0-23079700-1402689007_thumb. (Tom Zuba and myself meeting for the first time, Lindsay crying as she was so moved by his lecture)

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Wanda....am so glad you attended....and yes....I am wide open...to anything you can share....

when I lost John David....my persona changed backwards...I became that student sitting in a desk...soaking up the words..information...like a sponge...

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Today is my daughter's birthday....Randa....and also....the day my Daddy died.....I asked if that would put a black cloud on her birthday....and she said no....for she would remember that was the day he went to be with Mimi....and so for all the years....we would celebrate her birthday...and celebrate when my Dad went to be beside my Mom..in their forever home...

I think John David is tapping her on the shoulder saying....Happy Birthday to my American Girl Big Sister....post-306805-0-69390200-1402692217_thumb.post-306805-0-94889100-1402692267_thumb.

• Members

Lora, I so know the exhaustion that comes with the ache of loss and those dates that will  come each year.

Body and mind work together so no matter what, our bodies and spirits know the time. They are our time keepers, letting us know that we are nearing 365 days past a certain point. Amazing connection. Not unlike the other miracles in nature; salmon coming back to lay eggs in the same stream they were hatched, turtles making their nests on the same beach where they emerged...birth, our babies, our parents, all connected in a cycle and in a circle of events.

Love to you

• Members

Remembering Cara today with her beautiful smile and sparkle in her eyes. I hope your Mom takes some comfort from this poem as I do.

“I am standing upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white
sails to the morning breeze and starts
for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until at length
she hangs like a speck of white cloud
just where the sea and sky come
to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says;
"There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"
Gone from my sight. That is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull
and spar as she was when she left my side
and she is just as able to bear her
load of living freight to her destined port.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.

And just at the moment when someone
at my side says, "There, she is gone!"
There are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad
shout;
"Here she comes!"

• Members

Betsy, I have long loved that poem/story. So perfect for this day.

How is your Daughter doing, does she still like the world of education?

A big full silvery moon shines brightly into our windows, into our prayers.

Wade and Ted, you guys okay?

Tomorrow marks Sherry's Son's 11thyear gone. Deep prayers. And Rich's 26th Birthday, more prayers. Two handsome men.

• Members

Cara...Cara...Cara... we remember you today and will never forget

Lora...

My thoughts were with you today with hopes and prayers for a day of fond remembrances.  A big hug to you as your love for Cara shines bright.  Something for you in hopes it brings a little peace.

• Members

Lora,

Knowing that Your beautiful daughter is smiling that big wonderful smile on her mother with love.

CARA, CARA, CARA...

YOU ARE ON MY HEART TODAY!

Thinking of you Lora. Sending hugs and prayers fir peace.

Debbie

post-376442-0-90157200-1402729942_thumb.

• Members

David, David, David, shine your love and light on your mom and family today. Let them feel the warmth of your love.

Sherry, thinking of you.

post-299004-0-53483200-1402743269_thumb.

• Members

Thinking of you today Sherry as you fondly remember DAVID!

HAPPY HEAVENLY BITHDAY RICH! May your spirit surround your mom today and fill her heart with treasured memories.

• Members

DAVID

DAVEY

DAVID

Calling our your name on such a day as this, letting you know that you are thought of and missed and that this day is etched forever in the hearts of All who love and know you.

Sherry, may your heart feel the extra beat of that deep love held for David. I am holding your hand and heart today as you find your way through the maze of emotions that are front and center.

• Members

Rich, on this Heavenly Birthday I hope that you will dance and sing with all of our Angels- fly freely Sweet Rich and breeze into Momma's window today as she searches her memories and heart for solace.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

David, David, Davey, we shout out your name today...may your mom feel your sweet love especially on this day.

Sending prayers this day to you Sherry...

post-312988-0-28246300-1402755697_thumb.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

post-306805-0-76434500-1402756594_thumb.

Sweet Sherry.....you have been such a rock for me....ever since I found this site....you always had that 'hand up' when I would be at my low....low....lowest....

I do believe that your Davey is wrapping you with all the heaven allowed love he can....I feel as if I have always known you and him...and your Lisa....may you find comfort and peace today....

• Members

Cara, Cara, Cara, sweet and beautiful Cara.  I say your name in our prayers and pray that you hug your sweet Mama tonight.

You will always be loved and remembered.

Lora, It takes an extraordinary Mom to mother a child in heaven. Sending you all  love and prayers

post-389396-0-41987300-1402761285.jpg

• Members

David

David

David

Your name will be spoken many times today. And your memories will be cherished and remembered. Give comfort to your Mama Sherry tonight...

Heaven must be having a party, with beautiful Cara, and handsome Rich and David....

Hugs and Prayers to you Sherry,

Kylie's Mommy- Mommy Cherry

• Members

I read this just now in our local paper. A memoriam to a young man. His picture and smile caught my eye. The words are so beautiful and I wanted to share it with you.

If death could be seen as a beautiful clear lake, refreshing and buoyant, then when consciousness moves towards its exit from a body there would be that delightful plunge and it would simply swim away. Free at last.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

post-312988-0-28256800-1402762741_thumb.

Betsy, you are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Laurie

• Members

DAVID, DAVEY, DAVID,

SMILE THAT BIG WONDERFUL OPEN SMILE DOWN ON YOUR MOTHER TODAY!

SHERRY,

SENDING LOVE AND PRAYERS YOUR WAY TODAY! KEEPING YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR WONDERFUL BOY IN MY HEART.

DEBBIE

post-376442-0-29255600-1402766277_thumb.

• Members

RICH, RICH, RICH....

HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY!!!!

BETSY,

THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ON YOUR PRECIOUS RICH'S HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

post-376442-0-18024800-1402766436_thumb.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Wade....when will you go to Alaska to Salmon fish ?

Shannon....how is your Grama..? It brings comfort to you and her that she will be taken care by you...and you will be the caretaker for awhile....am also thinking your sister can give lots of help, too, with her being there....

shared work, chores and care-taking are made lighter with two pair of hands...

Love what you posted, Kate.....words put together in certain ways brings much to the imagination....and brings comfort..

• Members

Davey and Rich I shout your names on this special day for both of you to hear Loved and remebered always

• Members

Davy, Davey Davey

May your wings comfort you family today.

Sending warm, tight hugs to your Momma.

• Members

Rich, Rich, Rich,

Here, we say your name loud and clear!

May the memories you made on Earth be comfort to your family today.

• Members

To all the Dad's on Fathers Day,

I am posting early, because I want to ensure the Dads here realize their importance in their child's life. My father was not involved in my life when I was young and he still is not, his choice.

Because of this, I wanted to ensure that the person I marry wanted to be a Dad. I must say, my husband is a wonderful father and my kids are very lucky.

The Dads on here are also great Fathers and their worth cannot be underestimated. Dad's lead by example and will play tea-party and football in the same day.

May the Fathers on this site know how crucial they are to their child well-being. And that being a Father does not stop after our child dies.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads on this site. You are and forever will be your child's Dad.

Colleen, Brian's Mother forever

• Members

Colleen, perfectly said! I echo those same feelings.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY...to all the Dads on this site.

• Members

I'm changed and different from before. I go through the motions of living, but the essence of innocence and happiness has left me. I can't seem to find it. I have searched in all corners. His death still does not seem possible at times. Time passes quickly but I feel locked in a time warp of a kind. I catch glimmers of happiness here and there and there are definitely good days. But they still hold an emptiness. Does it ever really get better? This journey is exhausting and I so crave the chance to have a break from it. Today we walked in an area where young kids were playing. The sounds of the children instantly brought back memories to those days long gone of Jeff and his friends doing exactly the same thing. Nothing has changed and yet everything. This hurts like hell. You can't make reason out of something that does not make sense. It takes a ton of effort to climb back up on that horse and keep going. Today I am content to lie on the ground and look up at the sky.

• Members

Davey , Davey , Davey saying your name out loud !! Sherry,may memories of stories shared of your handsome young man warm your heart today .

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Kate...you do have to know at some level that your friend does not have a tight grasp on 'reality'....we, too, have lost dogs that were simply a part of the fabric of our family....

and I, too, have wondered about people that can equate the loss of a pet....with the loss of a child...

they have one wheel off the road....

with that said....yes...this grief journey certainly has some barren spots to travel...and we have no answers...

we do have each other....that understands every emotion...every heartache you are experiencing...

there is enough dark days...I hope you and Ross can find a soft spot....and just rest awhile....and look up at that sky...