Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Kayla, Kayla Kayla.

What a beautiful name, send down some comfort for you family as they miss you so.

I had to go sign some paperwork at Lawyers today so the insurance company can issue the check to the kids trust funds. Very painful, what s signature no big deal but I cried like a baby after. He is gone and not coming back to see his kids grow up to hug me and tell me he loves me anymore

will have to do more paperwork when the check finally arrives to lawyers and we settle the estate but that signature to day was terrible

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guests
Guest msnher

Well. I typed a post on the old board and twa-la......here we are...a new board....hmmmm....change.....can I handle it? Time will tell.....

Betsy, I laughed so hard when I read "Sus, do you need directions?" that I spit coffee out my nose!

Talk about crazy weather....did you all read about the ice island breaking off of Iceland? Sure. Global warming is a figment of our imagination...(sarcasm)

Maybe, just maybe, we will all get to see our angels sooner than we planned.

Carol - I loved the video. Did you notice her two front teeth are missing? So cute. So inspiring. I noticed that Gary Chapman played the guitar as backup. Made me think about Steven Chapman. Now there's a story of faith, love and forgiveness. Their 17 yr old son ran over their 4 yr old daughter, killing her. I think she was four. Can you imagine the amount of love that boy needed (needs) to move on from such a tragedy? Several years ago, here in Casper, a prominent man in the community was flying a kite with his 3 yr old daughter in the park. They were running. She tripped in front of him, causing him to trip on her. His knee hit her chest and the weight of his body crushed her, killing her instantly. I had the pleasure of meeting him while we were going through the legal battle with our grandchildren. He is truly a source of inspiration and strength. Two years ago two 13 or 14 yr old boys were smoking pot and playing with a loaded gun. The gun went off, killing the other boy. The friend was devastated, of course. The mother of the boy who was killed stood by the friend's side, knowing it could have easily been her son holding the gun, killing the other boy, asking the judge to please grant the boy leniency and not incarcarate him. The judge was sympathetic, but stressed the boy was irresponsible and he can not just turn away from the fact another person died. The boy was sentenced to several years for manslaughter.

Reading Gary Chapman's name brought that all up for me. And, it wasn't even he whose family was almost destroyed by the tragedy. Almost destroyed because the Chapman's didn't allow it to destroy them. I admire that.....as I admire it in the prominent man who crushed his daughter and the mother of the boy who was killed trying to help the other......I want to be more like them.

Now...I'm going to try to find my way around this new form/site....if I don't return, please come looking for me!

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members

:angry:HI INDIGOS

I AM BECOMING OBSESSED WITH TRYING TO UPLOAD A PICTURE. :angry: I WAS NEVER NEVER LIKE THIS BLS(BEFORE LOSING STEPHEN,)

I WANT EVERYTHING DONE NOW!! I CAN NOT HANDLE ANY CHANGE OR DIFFICULTY OR I LOOK FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE IT OUT ON!!!

DISPLACED ANGER IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO BRING HRE SO I WILL JUST TRY AGAIN AND HOPE EVRYONE IS HAVING A GOOD DAY

I ALSO CANNOT FIND SPELL CHECK!!!!

BETTY STEPHEN'SMOM :blink:

• Guests
Guest msnher

I don't know if my post to you, Dawnray, posted or not, and I haven't figured out how to go back and check, yet. Holding you close in thought during this difficult time.

Lorri - I just love you!! You crack me up!!!!

So....I had just finished my shower and dressed when I heard a light knock on my bedroom door. It's Mariah. Serious expression of sympathy in her eyes. "I'm sorry, Grandma." She almost whispered....

Turns out Jasmine broke a $1.50 picture frame that held the picture of their young cousin. Respecting Mariah's serious tone, I kept a straight face as she explained what had happened. It almost became another coffee out of my nose moment when she lowered her head and said, "I'm sorry for your loss."

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members

What is your struggle with the site? We can help you get comfy in your new home...

Kelly

SOME HOW GO FROM OLD TO NEW STEAD OF HAVING TO SEARCH FOR RECENT PAGE.....AND NOT CRAZY ABOUT WHEN U START TO MAKE A REPLY OR COMMENT YOU CHOSE THE FONT AND COLOR AND IT LOOKS GREEK TO YOU TIL U POST IT...

WERE JUST SPOILED...LOL...I HATE CHANGE..DONT HAVE HALF A BRAIN ANYMORE...AND I CANT POST MY PROFILE PIC "TOO LARGE A FILE"...I WILL FIGURE IT OUT THOUGH..PLUS LOST EVERYTHING I HAD POSTD ON MY PROFILE BUT EVERYONE NOS ME NOW SO THATS OK

• Guests
Guest msnher

ROFLMAOFF

I think those are the correct initials for "rolling on the floor laughing my ass off"

Oh, gosh! I hope the new members won't be turned off my levity. While I completely respect the power of grief, I am enjoying all the confusion with the new site.

"Excuse me! We're grieving here!!" And, they give us a new site....I'm sure it will be okay, but it just seems so damn funny!!

It's like calling the suicide hotline and being put on hold.

• Members

Hey folks, just so you know i'm looking into fixing the complaints and getting everything running correctly. I apologize for the hiccups as we get going, but please keep letting me know things that aren't working the way they're supposed to!

Hotrod check your private messages and i'll send you my email to have you email me the picture you're trying to upload and ill try and get it up for you.

• Administrators

Ha! True but if we didn't give you a new site the other one would have stop working and then you would have had NO site. We didn't want that!! Seriously the technology was old and we no longer could update it. We plan on being on this site for a very long time as long as this company doesn't go out of business like the other one did. Please post your pictures in the photo gallery.

ROFLMAOFF

I think those are the correct initials for "rolling on the floor laughing my ass off"

Oh, gosh! I hope the new members won't be turned off my levity. While I completely respect the power of grief, I am enjoying all the confusion with the new site.

"Excuse me! We're grieving here!!" And, they give us a new site....I'm sure it will be okay, but it just seems so damn funny!!

It's like calling the suicide hotline and being put on hold.

• Guests
Guest msnher

okay...and, I'm sure my 9 yr old granddaughter could figure it all out in about 2 seconds. Me? I'm just learning how to use my remote control.

It's all good. I just find it funny....love the the choices for the silly little faces...

Oh. I DO appreciate the effort from all of you, Kelly! :)

• Members

I just wanted to thank you all for your prayers. So far she still can't leave him. She assures me she is going to, but has to do it when he is gone. He skipped work today, and now she thinks tomorrow he is visiting his brother's place in a town not far from here. Beleive me, i want to do this with the law on our sides, I believe this man is capable of being very cruel, but I am so afraid if I insist on doing it my way, she will lose faith in me and decide to stay with him. So now I wait another day... I hate waiting.. in my wait I fear that something bad will happen.. I told her I can't wait to long.. it has be done by the end of the week.. For her sake.. the kids sake.. and for JaBoa's.

Yes.. I had to come back here my friends.. I can't live alone anymore. This is the only place I have to speak with anybody. I guess if my protective family is still lurking out there and watching us, it is up to them.. I am here.. and if they feel they need to spread the word about anything nuts i say.. oh well.. They are reltated to JaBoa.. perhaps a kind word here or there would make my need to come to strangers a little less.. Though through time.. your not strangers.. your family.. this wonderful family with the tragic bond..

Thanks again so much for caring.. Once I get her with me, I plan to do everything to make this lowdown coward go back to the pen.. and hopefully spend a very long time..

I will close now being I am on the phone line... I love you all for caring!

Leah/JaBoa's grandma

• Guests
Guest msnher

does bold work? does italics work? How about underline? I don't know what the S with a line through it is for. hmmm hmmmm2 bullets? numbers? I don't know how to insert a link.

Well, with the old site when we hit spell check we lost everything. With this site it just slaps your hand, but your stuff remains.

Just experimenting..please ignore...

???   Spell check brought a gloved hand with a thingy on it.  I think they slapped my hand.  Note to self, don't do that again.  

• Members

Hi Leah I am so very glad that you have decided to return and that you are safe. Will continue praying for the situation and know that you are not alone

Susannah You really broke my obsession

The story about the picture frame and the little one, so very serious saying:

" I am sorry for your losss". You cracked me up

Thank you.

Betty stephen'smom :blink:

• Guests
Guest msnher

Leah - I'm sure the worry and waiting is terrible. I am so greatful you have your daughter back in your life but so sorry it is under these circumstances. Perhaps this is something JaBoa is orchestrating for you all.....not something being orchestrated for her (JaBoa). I have discovered that when God is invited into a situation, the action I take may be the very same action I would have taken in the first place. But, the path is smoother and the results are much, much better. May God, whatever you perceive him or her to be, calm your fears and give you peace! May that same God also watch over and protect your daughter and her children; knowing he will also protect you.

By the way, how's your mom?

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members

Susannah-I thought that was so funny too that she was sorry for your loss. I'm just trying out the new site. It does look much different. the icon for insert a link kind of looks like a pistol pointing to the left. I didn't know how to work the old site that good.

Leah-I'm glad you are back with us and hope that you can get her away from him as soon as possible. Take care.

Rhonda Westley's Mom

• Members
heartbeataway

Hi guys,

I think I'm getting the hang of this site ..... it's all good! Just gonna take a little time to get use too!

Rich and I went and had lunch at a prospective barbecue caterer today.

We are just not that into this food!

We are not vegetarian but very close ...... so the idea of serving this food in large quantities is just not setting well.

We have an appointment with the manager of a local Chipotle to see if they can handle our catering desires.

That would make us happy!

If you have any ideas, please share them with me!

Thanks!

• Members

I don;t get it yet, I just posted, or so I thought, but I don;t know where, maybe under chat, so if you want to know what I said, which was kind of long and drawn out, it is under chat if possible.

I will navigate, or learn to anyhow, tomorrow night or Friday. Can't in a hotel room on a laptop.

Love you all though, through and through.

dee

• Members
josephsmom90

Hi Everyone,

This is a little wierd. Everything is in light blue & when I go to bold my type it does not work! Ugh... I missed the brief chat, was out sorting tools. Just wanted to say hey and tell ya I'm praying for you all. Can't wait to get in a chat that will be cool. Michael is in a lot of pain today. Traveling from Penn to NC today, staying till Fri, then going to Wyoming... I am pretty uptight.

Elaine

• Members

hey all, sorry to jump in here but i saw a couple people concerned that the formatting may not work with the forum

the important thing to do i found is type everything out and then highlight what you want to change, then select the formatting, It appears if you say, press bold first and then type it doesn't bold anything, but if you type your sentence/paragraph and then format after it should work!

• Members

Hi Everyone,

This is a little wierd. Everything is in light blue & when I go to bold my type it does not work! Ugh... I missed the brief chat, was out sorting tools. Just wanted to say hey and tell ya I'm praying for you all. Can't wait to get in a chat that will be cool. Michael is in a lot of pain today. Traveling from Penn to NC today, staying till Fri, then going to Wyoming... I am pretty uptight.

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

I'm sorry you are having trouble. We are trying to work out all the kinks. Once we all get used to things, this forum will be much better. The chat does look great doesn't it?

Konnie

• Members

HEY GUYS IM HERE LOST IN THIS NEW WORLD...TALK AMUNGST YOURSELVES IF I LOSS ALL OF YAL I LOVED YOU ALL......I DO GOOD TO REMEMBER HOW TO FEED THE DOGS AROUND HERE... :D

• Members

HEY GUYS IM HERE LOST IN THIS NEW WORLD...TALK AMUNGST YOURSELVES IF I LOSS ALL OF YAL I LOVED YOU ALL......I DO GOOD TO REMEMBER HOW TO FEED THE DOGS AROUND HERE... :D

OH AND JUST SO YAL NO THIS IS ORANGE...

• Members

OH AND JUST SO YAL NO THIS IS ORANGE...

Hi Lolynbo,

Eric our wonderful technician is going to see why your post is orange. I am so glad you are here. Thank you for being so patient.

Konnie

• Members

Look people.....we've been through the hardest changes in our life. This web change is childs play

• Members

Hi guys,

I think I'm getting the hang of this site ..... it's all good! Just gonna take a little time to get use too!

Rich and I went and had lunch at a prospective barbecue caterer today.

We are just not that into this food!

We are not vegetarian but very close ...... so the idea of serving this food in large quantities is just not setting well.

We have an appointment with the manager of a local Chipotle to see if they can handle our catering desires.

That would make us happy!

If you have any ideas, please share them with me!

Thanks!

Yeah! I'm so glad you are getting the hang of things. Isn't it kinda nice? Have you checked out the photo gallery? It's really awesome.

Konnie

• Members

Hello? Anyone in here? Wow I hope this is going where I think it might. Just dropped by to make sure Mikes avatar is still here. Off to send a rainbow balloon to Kayla. Thinking of you Lynn. Tried the Chatroom, nice to talk in real time. Guess if we set up times (given I'm way way down south) we can speak to each other realtime. B)

• Members
4everjoeysmom

For those of us whose avatars have been distorted by the change over, just re-upload the photo on your profile page/avatar, and it will reload correctly. You may need to resize it if the file is too large. :)

• Members

Eric, Kelly, Konnie, and whoever else is trying to accomplish this transition...please know that we all SO VERY much appreciate all that you do...as some have said, our brains are mush and change is hard...but, we are all old enough and wise enough to realize that it is inevitable. We know you are doing everything you can to make it as easy as possible and we appreciate that, also. Just the fact that you are monitoring to see what the kinks are tells us how much you care, which we who have met you already know. So, again, thanks, and thanks again.

Lorri: More than likely, admin can retrieve your info that you had for your profile...can you guys? That way you won't have to type it again...sometimes typing that info once is more than enough...

Sus: you are such a funny lady...yes, I agree...sometimes it is easier to laugh and just let things happen as they will...I am sure admin will get it straightened out...they always do. I love what Mariah said about the picture frame... Yesterday, Jamie and his cousins were here (Jamie is Cathi's youngest, at 9) and he was drawing so intently at the table that he didn't notice that the marker was going right through (the indelible marker---which they weren't supposed to have) paper to our dining room table. We just got the dining room set last year, and he has heard me going on about how much I just love it, etc. When he saw what happened he ran out the door! I felt so bad that he thought I would be angry...Papa is the one who gets upset over those things, not me...When he came back in he came up to me and hugged me and told me how sorry he was...meantime, I'd already gotten it off the table with "goof off" which is now "miracle stuff for a miracle lady" according to Jamie!

Trudi: yes, we will have to coordinate our times for chats with you...I am usually up most of the night, so it won't be a bother for me...

love and peace, carol mikesmomrs

• Members

Leah: I forgot to say that I am so very glad you decided to come back...we would have missed you a lot...I am so sorry about the problems with your daughter and her kids and I pray everything works out okay and they stay safe until they are away from him. I know you will not rest until you know they are safe. Praying for you and for them.

love and peace, carol mikesmomrs

• Members

I think Im liking this site. Thanks everybody who organized and finally got it together

• Members

Hi Indigos

I found spell check It is the top right hand corner. Upside down triangle. :rolleyes: . I was just in chat and spoke to Dan and it was fun!!I do look forward to talking to you all

Trudie we will have to connect with right time frame.

Bonnie I love the idea of Pinnacle Day being catered by a local chain restaurant

Carol,I loved the story of your little one "running out of the room!!! How cute :rolleyes:

Dee, Rhonda, Lynn, Leah, Betsy and all Indigos please be gentle with yourself

Betty

Stephensmom :blink:

• Members

Just noticed a small problem with the site- I cant post from my blackberry :blink:

• Members

Its AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL! THANK YOU!!

• Members

WELL THIS IS BETTER COMING ALONG..ON THIS SITE....IM SURE WE WILL FIGURE IT OUT....

BRIANS DAD IS RIGHT, WE CAN ADJUST TO THIS LIL BIT OF TIDBIT...

AND YES MIKES MOMMY...HARD ENOUGH TO TYPE IT ONCE...TOO DRAINING...ITLL BE OK...YAL NO ME NOW...

U NO WHATS WEIRD, IS I WAS HOLDING BRINLEY YEST...LOOKN AT KOURTNEYS PIC....SO WEIRD SO HARD...SO WISH IT WAS KOURTNEYS BABY...

JUST TOLD MONTY MY DREAM YEST OF HOLDN KOURTNEY THEN WONDERIN DID SHE HAVE ENOUGH CLOTHES ON , IN THE GRAVE......HIS RESPONSE......"SILENCE....SILENCE.....THEN SAYS ITS A NICE NIGHT OUT"....

OK THEN...

WELL WORKIN TOM AT KOURTNEYS KLOSET THEN MAYBE WALMART IDK...

OH AND FOR ME I DONT USE SPELL CHECK....WE NEED A TRANSLATION CHECK FOR MY POSTS...

KAYLA LOVE TO YOU GIRL...HAVE A SPECIAL DAY WITHT HE GIRLS AND GUYS....WE LOVE YOU SWEETY

• Guests
Guest msnher

Greg, you do know how to put things in proper perspective! LOL

I'll have to play and experiment when I have more time...the kids go back to school in one week...Hurray!!

Kelly or Eric, can you explain what the add as a friend is/does? Also, when I hit spell check it tells me it is not detected and to go to my download page. What does that mean? When you explain it to me please keep in mind that I've just learned how to use the ipod my husband bought for me three years ago and I recently found out I have a calendar on my cell phone. We're talking kindergarten level here. No. Pre school. Thanks!!

I looked through my profile and I don't know how to finagle it yet...but, I will soon. Until then, Steph will just be a little distorted.....Oh my, she and I would have a good laugh about that.

Well....tonight was a bit emotional. Again, bittersweet. I'll explain later. I'm too tired and drained.

Love you all!

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members
jefferysmommy

Hi Everyone,

Wow, new site, haven't been on for a while been doing training at work.

Kayla Kayla Kayla, saying your name out loud, send peace to your family!!

Sherry: I love the picture of Lisa, so sweet!

Susannah: I love ya, you made me smile tonight, with what Mariah said to you, out of the mouths of babes! When Jess was little, she told me she had seen Jeffery 3 times, each time she would nonchalantly say oh mommy, I saw Jeffery today, he's crawling now, and lo and behold he would have been around 6 months and probably crawling, the next time, she said it she told me he was walking now, and it was about a year, which was a tough time for me, and she really put a smile on my face by saying that, the next and last time she said I saw Jeffery today, he talked to me, and I said what did he say? She said, "I love you, Jessica!" and all I could say was, what did he say about his mommy??!!

Cathy: Hope that all is going well with your mom and dad, Tavian is a sweet little boy, love the picture!

Colleen: Take your time and do what you have to do. Hugs to you!

Leah: Be careful, and hopefully this will all be resolved soon, glad to hear that you are taking precautions.

Carol: You must have really needed that sleep, good for you!

Bonnie: I hope your Pinnacle Day planning goes well.

Richie's Mom: Sorry that it was a tough day for you with having to put your signature down.

To the rest here at BI, thinking of you everyday, all my love,

Jenn - Jeffery's Mommy

• Guests
Guest msnher

For Kayla and for you, Lynn...sending love, light and hugs!! I tried to upload a picture of an angel for you but it failed and I'm too brain dead to figure out why right now. In case I don't get on first thing in the morning, I just want you to know you have been in my thoughts everyday since I realized how close our angels days are.

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

• Members

Lynn - The balloon wasn't rainbow, it was a star with a bright smiley face. The ribbon had attached the following.. KAYLA

The dragonfly is believed by some to be the souls of those gone before their time. It’s a symbol of renewal and hope. It travels on the wind, reflecting light and awe at its beauty. This balloon is released in memory Kayla who like the dragonfly was here albeit briefly.

Thinking of you...Trudi

• Members

SWEET KAYLA

REMEMBERING YOUR WONDERFUL SPIRIT

AND THE JOY YOUR BROUGHT

]

• Members

LYNN

THINKING OF YOU THIS DAY AND PRAY THAT YOUR DAY IS SOFT AND GENTLE.

I AM TRYING TO UNSUCCESSFULLY TO UPLOAD A SPECIAL ANGEL

KAYLA, KAYLA KAYLA

I WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL THIS TIME BUT THE THOUGHT WAS THERE

BETTY STEPHEN'SMOM :):)

• Members

KAYLA Dear,

may this day find you swirling all around your Momma and Brother, letting them feel the peace you now hold in your heart. Let them know that you carry them everywhere just as they do you.

SWEET KAYLA,

love,

dee

• Members

Kayla, Kayla, Kayla

Saying her name, loud and clear

May you wrap your angel wings around your family today and always

Colleen

• Members

I tried to send Nick's Dad a PM to tell him how great that post is for Kayla. But I received an error message "NicksDad cannot receive PM's"

Just a heads up

Colleen

• Guests
Guest msnher

The first set of Kaylas was supposed to be bigger font and purple, too. The second time I highlighted the text after typing and then picked the size and font. Kind of a pain, if you ask me.

But, this day is for Lynn...in memory of her precious Kayla! I have no words of wisdom today. Imagine that! Just holding you close!

• Members

HI INDIGOS

THANKS SUSANNNAH I HAVE MADE A NOTE OF THAT!!I KNOW WE WILL ALL DISCOVER NEW INFORMATION AND EVENTUALLY BE AS EXPERT HERE AS WE WERE ON THE OLD BOARD.

I DISCOVEERED (QUITE BY ACCIDENT) THAT THERE IS A LIMIT ON EACH MEMBER AS TO HOW MANY PHOTOS HAVE BEEN POSTED. I HAD MAXED OUT!!!!.

I HAD TO GO IN AND DELETE HALF OF THE PHOTOS I HAD POSTED TO FREE UP SPACE SO I COULD IMPORT FUTURE IMAGES.

IT IS EASY. THE PROGRAM SHOWS THE PICTURE AND THE DATE IT WAS POSTED. ALL I HAD TO DO WAS CHECK THE BOX FOR DELETE AND THAT WAS THAT.

NOW I AM GOING TO TEST AND SEE IF I CAN POST A IMAGE IF NOT BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

LEAH AND LYNN YOU ARE IN THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

INDIGOS BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELVES.

KAYLA