Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members
homeschoolmom

One of the few times we were able to bribe Rohan into kissing Karyn, his baby sister. To think this was exactly a year ago- he wasn't too happy about losing his curls!

Shelly, Rohan's Mama

post-27856-128153894243_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just a quick "Hello" to start the day. 

Since, we are routing you-all to my daughter's photobucket account, please feel free to look at "Michelle, my Belle."

She's a beauty

We so enjoyed speaking the names of our children.  I spoke the names of these children: Alex, Nick, Brian (Greg), Brian (Colleen), Brian (Maryann), Tanner, Cory and Adam (Terrie, you gave me the idea for these boards, thanks).

We said their names all weekend. A weekend that has made my spirit happy and my soul soar.  Really, BI friends, we were so comfortable with each other.  We did not have to watch what we say, or cry alone (not much crying, more laughing.)

Please consider joining us next year.

Colleen 

• Members

My BI log-in de-faulted to Bethany (Marcia's log-in)  How funny

Marcia, Bet you did not know you could get up this early, hey!?!?!

Colleen

• Members
homeschoolmom

I'm up but only because the puppy would not stop barking... eyes are open and am up and about but believe me- I'm still sleeping.

Shelly, Rohan's Mama

• Members
cameronsmom1

The video was great! A little hard to hear but I just turned it up all the way and had my ear close to the speakers. The tears were falling hearing you all speak of our angels and to hear some of you get choked up was so heartbreaking. Thank you all so very much for including our angels. I am looking forward to next time so that maybe we can all make it. We should try to get a package deal together so that it will be easier for everyone to afford.

Amanda

• Members
4everjoeysmom

I am still trying to watch the Photobucket video. It's very sporadic and broken when I try to play it with the access I have. :( Still hoping someone can put it on U-Tube. i don't seem to have as much trouble with that video stream.

I did want to say, however, that if you plug in some earphones or headphones to your computer while watching the video, the sound quality is WAY better. :)

Love & Hugs,

Claudia

• Members

For briansdad~ A beautiful video- Thank you so much, and thanks go to all of you  that went to MN and remembered all of our babies...

I love you all~

Much Love~

mamabets and Danny, her little wink from here, there and everywhere

• Members
4everjoeysmom

I am finally getting through the video, and YES, it is beautiful!! I've seen Dee and Bonnie present, and now am watching Carol. It's so wonderful to see you all standing there, speaking our babies' names out loud. Love you all!!

• Members

HOLLIE MOLLIE! I JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO, SNOT AND TEARS FRICKN EVERYWHERE..AINT A DRY SPOT ON MY SHIRT....GREAT AND I AINT EVEN HAD MY COFFEE....WOWWIE...THAT WAS GREAT AND THANK YAL SO MUCH FOR DOIN IT...YAL ARE SO CUTE AND SINCERE, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND IF I HAD BEEN IN THE ROOM YOUD A HEARD ME BLUBBERIN..

LOVEN THE PICS OF THE BEAUTIFUL LIL BOY, HE IS TRUELY BEAUTIFUL / HANDSOME...I NO U MISS HIM DEEPLY.

BRENT IS SEEN A NEW GIRL NAMED CARLY SHE WROTE ON MY MYSPACE "CANT WAIT TO MEET YAL" HOW NEAT IS THAT....HE CALLS AND VISITS AND TEXTS NOW DAILY, THANK YOU GOD FOR ANSWERING THAT ONE..

HAIR TO DO AGAIN TODAY, MORE BLONDE, DONT LIKE THE DARK DEPRESSED LOOK

YAL HAVE A BLESSED DAY...AND BLESS  I TRY TOO

• Members
heartbeataway

Good Morning .....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=100239&id=720118310&l=dccd88a185

This is a link that will take you my Facebook where I have more pictures of the reunion. You don't have to join to see them but if you do please let me know so we can be friends.

Greg,

Thanks for doing the video.  You rock!!

We may have another Bonnie joining us.  A friend I went to high school with. She lost a son and saw the Facebook pictures of the reunion. 

Bonnie, can't wait to have you on board with us!

One more thing,  I just found out (by reading Facebook!) that my Dad's prostate cancer has spread to the bone.  This is not good!  We are not really close but he is my Dad and I know this is painful. I'm praying that he goes home quickly so that he doesn't have to endure too much of that.  Please remember him when you say your prayers.

I bet Jay is already preparing for his arrival.  My Dad was the only person Jay ever referred to as his hero .......

The circle of life is just plain sad when you think about it! 

Gotta get my day started here .......

I'm so lucky to have you guys in my life!

Love!

Bonnie

Picture is my Dad and Jason ......

• Members

GREAT PICS OF THE REUNION, I SNACTHED THE ONES WITH KOURTNEY IN IT...THANK U NOW I SEEM TO HAVE "NEW PICS" OF KOURTNEY

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Bonnie, I will certainly be praying for your dad and Jay's hero. HUGS!! And hope to see your friend Bonnie here too. I think I posted a couple comments to her earlier via your FB photos. :)

• Members

Bonnie, My prayers are with you for your Dad, may he and Jay be together again soon with little suffering and pain.   The pictures on your facebook are great.  

Hugs, Marcia   Bethanys Mom Forever

• Members

to everyone who went to the reunion

i would like to say thank you for sharing your pictures of your reunion with us (me) i would like to say a special thank you to the ladies who did the poster of our children thank you so much for having the picture of my son Brian, as soon as i saw it i cried.

i read were you were talking about a reunion, but i thought it was something a few of you did just to get to know each other. 

i'm still crying but i just want you to know you have made my day, seeing Brian's picture on your board.

lots of hugs

thank you

mary ann

• Members
homeschoolmom

I was reading back to some posts in 2005, and I wonder now where those people are... where the journey has taken them, how many gave up, and how many more are helping those newer on the journey... Wonder where I will be in 5, 10 years? How many lives will I have had a positive impact on... will I be seen as a victor, or will I have let life simply bowl me over? Rohan LIVED life with all the gusto a seven year old could conjure, and I pledge to do the same in honor of him. Won't you join me?

Shelly, Rohan's Mama

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Absolutely Shelly! I've been here since 2006, and I am really happy that after 3-1/2 years of surviving Joey, I am surviving. We can, and we do...

I just finished the video. Took a while, but yay! I am so proud of you all: Dee, Bonnie, Carol, Marcia, Trudi and Colleen. You honored our angels, and us as well, and I thank you so much for that. I LOVED how the lights of the room and camera made the foil stars on the boards twinkle. It really brought our kids to life there! Bonnie, thank you for touching Joey's sweet face on that board. I miss his sweet face...

Love to you all!! ~Claudia (4everJoeysMom)

• Members
heartbeataway

Claudia,

The stars were not foil, there were actual lights on the boards.  Clever Colleen came up with them.

That reminds me, Colleen I need to know where you got those. I think they would be perfect for Pinnacle Days.

~b

• Members

BI Friends

Those are real, working lights on the boards.  These lights on 3 settings.  Fast blink, slow blink, no blink.  The lights run off watch batteries.

I have to go through my e-mail to find the supplier's name, but I will sure do that for my friend Bonnie. Give me a week and I will have the information for my BI friends.  Shipping is really quick

Colleen

• Members

Ok,

Here is another chance to meet one another. This will happen no matter how many of us show up. I will be there.

2010 Gathering to be held in Little Rock 

On Saturday morning in NY,  the site for the 2010 Gathering was announced.  The South Central Arkansas Chapter has taken the lead to host the 2010 Gathering in Little Rock, Arkansas, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, July 9-11.  The Central Arkansas Chapter, the North of the Arkansas River Chapter, and the Western Arkansas Chapter will all join with them to form the Gathering Committee.  The Gathering will be held in the Holiday Inn at the Little Rock Airport.  The Holiday Inn has just completed well over $20 million in renovations, and it promises to provide us a wonderful venue.  Over the last few years, Little Rock has invested a lot to renew its downtown area, and has many attractions for those who also look for a vacation in conjunction to the Gathering.  In addition, Hot Springs, a major resort area, is just an hour away.  The Arkansas Gathering Committee is already planning to bring in many fresh speakers and workshops to make this another outstanding gathering for our BP/USA family.  Please start talking it up with your members and noting the date and location in your newsletters.

[align=center] [/align]

• Members

Greg, thank you for telling us about this BP convention, July is a great time to not be in Las Vegas, I will have to mark my calendar and see what life brings ..... Please continue to remind us once in a while as we get closer to the dates. 

Marcia,    Bethanys Mom Forever

• Members

I wanted to thank you for saying my sons name at the reunion seeing his picture there made me cry. I know you don't know much about me or my son and I am sorry for that I am just not much of a talker I have a lot of anxiety problems and sometimes I just don't know what to say that is why I mostly read and post when I get the courage to. other then me and my husband E.J`s name doesn't get said to often so I really really appreciate it and I know E. J. did to. thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

• Members

I wanted to thank you all too. Very emotional for us all. I hid behind bbq university, but the feelings are here. Trudi, thanks. I agree, our boys did seem to go along a similar path. Working now, better go before security wonders why I'm in a room with 50 pc's, by myself but I think they know. They unblocked BI.

(((BI))))

• Members

Betsy , so glad your company unblocked BI for you, it helps to jump on and get a hug during the day.. I know..    Marcia    Bethanys Mom Forever

• Members

[user=16030]4everjoeysmom[/user] wrote:

Greg, What's "BP"?

Bereaved Parents of the USA

• Members

I too just watched the video. Tears tears tears and more tears. Thank You EVERYONE who participated. Sure is nice to hear her name spoken from others. Great job. Knowing she is with all our angels sure helps as well. Im sorry they are there but at the same time I know she is in good company.

Lynn

• Members
4everjoeysmom

Greg, Thanks. I had no idea. Cool... I'll have to look into that!

As the ladies said in MN, it's so wonderful to have you, Dan and other dad's posting on the site to get a man's perspective on this journey. We women need that balance, and when we can't find it in the world or in our homes, it's certainly refreshing to come and find it here on BI with you. Thank you for that!!

Blessings!

Claudia

• Members

Amen to that Claudia. I too appreciate having the male 'voice' here.

• Members

I am so very glad that everyone who has watched the video has been happy with it...I know that it will make you all feel part of our meeting...you all were there, with your sweet babes...I am so proud to have been a part of it and to have been able to speak our children's names out loud.

Bonnie:  I am sorry about your dad, and I also pray that he goes home soon and with little discomfort as he goes through these days.

Today is Mike's birthday.  I don't know why, but for some reason, this one is hitting me hard, really hard.  I just can't believe that he is not here with us, that he has been gone for almost three years...   We all went to dinner to celebrate, but we couldn't sing happy birthday because his youngest, Damon, was there, and his mom (nd we) were concerned that he would get too confused by it all.  He is only 4, and he still thinks that his dad is going to "show up" some day...last birthday, when Sarah was ddressing him for the birthday dinner, he said "I think maybe my daddy is somewhere getting all dressed up to meet us tonight."  She was in tears when she told me about it...unfortunately, she has not gotten too much into the spiritual aspect of Mike's "being around," although she did tell me one day that she "nows that Mike is around because every now and then I smell the wood."  Mike was a woodcutter, before he got the job at the roofing company, and he always came home smelling like freshly-cut wood...

So, this whole day has been a barrel of mixed emotions for me...I was in labor for three days with Mike, and when he was finally born, it was such a gift; we had waited 8 years for him....and I don't think that Mike was "more of a gift" than any other child here, but Mike was "my" gift....and it pains me so to know that he is not here to add more birthdays to his tally....he LOVED his birthday...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE...YOU ARE SO MISSED...WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH, AND WILL ALWAYS CARRY YOU IN OUR HEARTS. 

I can't type any more...my heart is full of his memories, but also aching with the longing to see him, hold him, tell him out loud, as I hold his face in my hands, that I love him so very much.

If anyone would like to leave a birthday wish for Mike, his memorial site is

http://www.james-michael.virtual-memorials.com/

love and peace, all, and a good night...

carol  mikesmomrs----forever, and ever and ever....

• Members

Happy Birthday, Mike! Hang in there mikesmom! This is a day for your your son and know that he is right with you! The video was wonderful! I will definitely be there next year. I don't know anything about Arkansas, but I gues we will all find out about Little Rock, AR! It looks like you guys had a very good trip to Minnesota. I so wish I could have been there! Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful video! I am thinking of you all! Drewsmom (Mary)

• Members

[align=center]Happy Birthday Mike !!!!!!! [/align]

[align=center]I hope that you spent the day soaring with our angels. [/align]

[align=center]Big Hugs for your Mom :)  :)  :)[/align]

post-24749-128153894255_thumb.jpg

• Members
4everjoeysmom

HAPPY BIRTHDAY #34 MIKE!!! WE MISS YOU!!! How could we not? Your mom has given you so vividly to us, it's as if we've known you since birth. Your mom misses you so... Lord Bless her! Bless our friend Carol, and bring her peace and comfort on this ever difficult and bittersweet day.

Carol, my love and prayer are with you!! Love, Claudia

• Members
4everjoeysmom

WhheeeeeeeeeeeeeHhhhhhhhoooooooooooooo!! That was a blast, Greg!!! THANK SO MUCH for that!!! :) Makes me feel like I was there...almost. :)

• Members

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE - MAY YOUR LOVE SHINE DOWN ON YOUR FAMILY AND ESPECIALLY YOUR MOM - LET YOUR ENERGY SURROUND HER!!!!!

It is late so I will just say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU - what a beautiful video, another amazing job by Greg. Ladies I cannot put into words how it felt to watch as each of you stood and spoke out loud our child's name - it was such a blessing to hear and see although the tears fall my heart soared.  I felt as though I was in the room with all of you!!! There is no way I am missing out on the next reunion - no way, no how!!

Will catch up with all tomorrow - so very tired, not sleeping well.

Carol - I am thinking of you my friend and your Mike's special day - When you said it is hitting you hard this year I felt your pain as I too had that with Jessica's B'day this year.  Your strength is amazing and you have always been such an inspiration to me, your kindness, your beautiful words - so proud to call you my friend. Mike will carry yout through.

Love and peaceful dreams - Kathy

• Members

BI Family , I have started a new thread "2009 Reunion" to post videos and pics of the reuion on. that way we can always find them and new members will be able to see them long after the posting pages have moved on.

HUGS<    Marcia    Bethanys Mom Forever

• Members

Oh oh oh!!! That defiantely put a smile on my face and even a few chuckles. That was the perfect song to go along with all the friends together. You guys are just too good. I hope you know how much this is enjoyed by all of us.

Thank YOU!

Lynn

• Members

Happy Birthday Mike!

Thinking of you Carol with the biggest outstretched arms and a heart full of love for you on this special day. If only spoken words could heal your heart and sole. Much love my sister/friend.

Lynn