Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members

Georgina, they are simply adorable! I know how much my little ones bring joy into my life. They always manage to make me smile. Those grandies of yours are precious.  I will be thinking of you tomorrow. You know we are here for you. Hold on with both hands.

Dee, this rather new form of immunotherapy is finding great results in the treatment of some cancers. Due to his allergic reaction a few years back from his folfox drugs from colon cancer they were careful as to how to treat this form of cancer for his eye.  Very worried about the weather conditions. We are supposedly going to reach temps of + 34 C on Tuesday. What the heck is that? Ninety-four F. We are experiencing a drought like condition with no rain for ions. Where have the birds gone? I know they gather for migration, but they almost disappeared after the eclipse. The changes are happening far too fast.

I am almost ashamed to admit we had a heavenly day. Literally. The weather was perfect with a warm and blissful breeze off of the lake. I packed an old-fashioned picnic. We found a terrific spot to just sit and enjoy the scenery. Today we lived in the moment. And what a moment it was! Perfect. 

Sending love to all, Kate  

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Kate, I love that today you lived in the moment. A picnic- how nice. My friend is doing immunotherapy for her cancer, melanoma...and she is doing nicely, way better than she would have done on chemo. My hat is off to the research medicine doctors.

As far as the birds, what is odd is, they are here, but they are quiet. I am so grateful to see the robins, and the cardinals are sounding, blue jays too, but the robins are almost silent. This week I started to hear the finch again, they had been quiet for a while...its odd for sure.

Georgina, my goodness, those girls are just beautiful. Those dark curls and lashes and the tender way big Sissy is watching over the little One. Gorgeous. Tomorrow talk to the skies and let your tears fall as they may...your Son will be there smiling on you and the Whole Family, loving you as he always will. Always has. Peace one day dear.

• Members

Nora.  You came to the right place. I lost my daughter shy of 6 months ago. Post what and when you can. We are here for you. 

Tina

• Members

hi Nora you are welcome to our little group but I am also so sorry you had a child loss in order to meet us. tell us more about yourself and Brandon when you feel upto it ok?

• Members

Georgina, may your day be filled with peace and love as you recall all of those special memories that you hold close to your heart of your special JAMES.

• Members

Georgina....You are blessed....they look like real live Dolls....let this day have it's way with you....and allow yourself some time alone...just you and your boy...I believe that we don't show the world how we love our child that passed by grieving deeply for years....it is how we learn to honor our child...

ScreenShot1846.jpg

ScreenShot1848.jpg

ScreenShot1824.jpg

• Members

Georgina,

Sending you love and positive energy on this day and every day. Know that James is there with you in his heart and spirit and he channels that light through you to them.  Let that light be a beacon and hold it in your heart for all to see. Much love to you, dear.

Margo

• Members

Nora, I am so sorry that you are in grief, but please know that long bad nights are all part of this sad time. Let us know more about your Sweet Boy.

• Members

Nora....grief is exhausting....early grief is crippling for our physical..mental...and emotional personas.....we are here to hear. Peace to you.

Dee...happy to hear your family is safe....

Dianne....how are your days going ? You really had some of those low blue days....which is normal. I do believe the changing of the seasons has a lot to do with our having more unbalance in our days.

Margo....I am glad you are feeling more balanced. After my surgery all I could think of was..'Why didn't I do this 3 years ago'......

Kate...that picnic sounds like something we all could enjoy....

ScreenShot1391.jpg

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Thank you knowing I had all my friends here to support me throughout these last few days has helped me.  Exhausted tonight will post tomorrow I thought I would share this again. 

God Bless xxx

• Members

I copied this a few weeks ago....needing time to put my words in the way my spirit knows this is true....energy never dies...it is transformed....our child is 'somewhere'....Believing it so....it is so......I hope this adds a layer of comfort to your heart and soul....

ScreenShot1348.jpg

ScreenShot1347.jpg

• Members

Laurie our friend...how are you ? We know you have been working 24/7...two jobs...plus family....and all that goes with daily living....I think of you every day....I know October is on your horizon....

ScreenShot1380.jpg

ScreenShot1379.jpg

• Members

Nora----So sorry for your loss of your dear son, Brandon.  this is a place no parent

ever wants to be a part of, but when tragedy strikes us,  we stagger with grief, and

feel only sorrow, loss and despair....along with pain.  It is a terrible load to carry,

and we understand .   Please come back to BI (formerly called Beyond Indigo).

You are welcome here.

JAMES......JAMES......SAYING YOUR NAME, AND REMEMBERING YOU.  SMILE DOWN

FROM HEAVEN ON YOUR MAMA AND FAMILY TO WARM THEIR SOULS.

Georgina------I'm sorry I missed dear James' Angel Day. He is in your heart and always

with you. Absolutely beautiful children. .......so sweet.   thank you for posting

the pics, and the lovely song.   Thinking of you, and sending prayers,  our BI friend. 

PEACE    AND   TRANQUILITY,  AND COMFORT    TO   ALL   INDIGOS.

davey&Lisasmom,    sherry

• Members

Susan I love the  message in your post with the photo of the space vehicle and the idea of energy. I do believe that all energy remains sometimes in new forms. I have a pretty saying on my school room door: You are made of stars. We are all made of the same materials that exist in stars and planets and flowers...our energy remains energy even after we are no longer walking around.

As the weather changes and the season changes soon to autumn, hang onto your hearts and know that sadness often comes on the wind with the new season. It is inevitable that the change in seasons just remind us of missing our Kids through this season too, we remember the events of their lives in this next season, apple picking, homecoming games/dances, so much. Hang onto your hearts and let your tears out, let them wash through your system and let them honor your ache.

Susan, how goes the clean up and finding homes for all those who lost their homes? We saw on the news this evening that 80% of schools in Houston are open again, which surprised me and wonder if things are getting the attention needed to help everyone.

Dianne, yep, sometimes things work out in ways we just can't understand at the time, but are good in the long run. I am holding your hand.

Laurie, as Susan has asked after you, I am sending hope for only positive events for your family. You have had such a full plate lately. Hope.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Georgina....thinking of you and your beautiful James. Prayers for gentle healing.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

All...I am ok. Christina and I are at my mom and dad's to check on them.

Went to Holy Hill today..it was very meaningful.

I will write more tomorrow as I am posting from my phone

Sendimg gentle thoughts to all

• Members

Dianne, the men are healing...thank you. Tomorrow, my Son turns 36 which brings tears because I can't believe that it was that long ago and that I remember the moments of his coming ot me in crystal clear images, sounds, all. Just as I do in remembering my Girl, who today I am feeling all around me and I have ready tears, hard to hide. Some days are like this. A song tips off my spout of salt water and that is it...

Hope and Love to All,

• Members

Hugs to you Dee. All events where a love one would have shined the brightest are difficult ones.  Take it easy, and know she is there shining her light on all of you.  It's music that gets me the most too, I have made a habit of carrying a hankerchief with me at all times now. I just fold it in my back pocket. It's the presence of autumn too, for me.  It's a season of big changes and it's always a reminder of things like big piles of raked leaves, and long mother-son walks in the many forest preserves here in Lake County.

Happy birthday to your son, and I am glad to hear that both your son and husband are mending well.

• Members

Laurie,

You must be in Southern Wisconsin.  Holy Hill is very near me.  There is a huge art fair at Holy Hill this weekend.  

Weather is beautiful in SE Wisconsin.

Colleen, Brians Mom forever

• Members

georgina gorgeous grangbabies you are very fortunate there.

dee sorry your water spouts have been triggered recently, does not take much sometimes does it, does not matter how much time goes by we will miss our kids forever. Hugs.

• Members

Dee, there is something about the changing of the seasons that reminds us of how our lives are passing. Hang in there. I hope that tomorrow you will be able to gather and celebrate Jon's birthday with the kids.

Laurie, I remember your visit to Holy Hill last year. It is a yearly visit for you and your mom and sister... if I recall correctly?

We did indeed break all records with our temps the other day. Today is a very different story however. Cloudy and they are calling for much needed rain for the next few days. The leaves are just beautiful. I waken each morning to the sound of hunters duck hunting. Their shot gun blasts are pretty noisy. Hope they miss! 

I am thinking of everyone both old and new. 

Kate

• Members

I hope that they miss too Kate...we talked today about how animals get placed on the endangered species list, and how sometimes the government takes animals off too soon, or wait until it is almost too late to place an animal on the list but how grateful that there is the list and what happens once an animal is on it. Good talk with 3rd graders, they are passionate protectors of the world. Fierce. I am glad that you are getting some well deserved rain. We are heating up now too, after some very cool and early autumn weather. I prefer the early autumn weather. However it will not get beastly hot so that is good, 83 on the weekend. We need rain as well. Have had very little.

Divianz, thanks for your sweet words too. How are you?

Oh thanks for the well wishes, it is the passing of time sometimes, the signal for migration soon for many of our winged  friends, the crisp sounds of leaves rustling...today I had Annie Lenox playing...NO MORE I LOVE YOU...that one just pulls my tears right from me. I don't mind having those easy to cry days, it often helps relieve the anxiety that holds up inside. I welcome my tears as a way that allows and honors those whose love we carry for all of time. Forever my Erica.

So I just now pulled a cherry pie from the oven...won't have time tomorrow to make it so I made it tonight for my Son's birthday tomorrow. It is his favorite dessert. I love pie, and I love making pie, rolling out the dough and smelling it as it bakes. Lovely. We will pick up the Grandies tomorrow at their daycare and bring them here to make some birthday cards for Daddy, and in thte mean time, their Mom and Dad will be at the CUBS game for his birthday. They will come here then after the game for dinner and pie. Hooray.

• Members

Just stopping by to say hello and wish everyone a good evening.

It has been a trying week .   Monday we had a scare with my daughter Rachel.  She suddenly had symptoms that looked like she was having a stroke  and she experienced paralysis on her left side and it was very scary for a bit. At 36 years old it was terrifying for her.  She looked at me while we were waiting on the ambulance and asked me if she was dying. I had to stay strong for her and reassured her but it was like a knife to my heart when she asked that question.However after testing she didn't have a stroke but a very weird Migraine that presents with stroke like symptoms at onset.   I have never heard of this in all my years as a nurse.   She had the headache all week but we are all very thankful that she is ok and symptoms are now gone.

My younger brother was placed on Hospice yesterday.   He has been battling lung cancer for the past 4 months and is losing the battle.   I talked with him tonight and he is so sick.   I don't think it will be long.   Oh how I hate cancer.      

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Have a good Friday and weekend.

Sandy

• Members

OH Sandy, I am so sorry for the fear that struck your family when Rachael got ill...so very glad that  it was not a stroke or a bigger event. What kind of migraine does such a thing. Prayers and relief for you All. And your brother, such sadness. Yes, I hate caner too, it has taken so many good humans from the world. Prayers for your Brother and you All as you face his leaving.

• Members

Sandy, I am so sorry to hear that poor Rachael is having so many struggles with her health over these past couple of years. What a relief for everyone that it was not a stroke, but still very worrisome nevertheless. You must have been beside yourself with concern. I am also keeping your brother in my prayers for a peaceful passing. I, too, hate cancer as you could well imagine. It has invaded our family in a big way and I have seen many deaths due to it.  I have also seen the positive progress that research has made over these past few years if it is caught early. Why is lung cancer so difficult to diagnose at times? My good friend and neighbour died a year and a half ago from it... and try as she may could not convince them she was ill until they performed an exploratory. She was coughing like a mad fool and they kept giving her antibiotics. She was a doctor's dream in that she always did everything she was advised to do over her lifetime. Did not smoke, etc.. Yet, it was her time... and it spread like wildfire. It was only a matter of months... as it had spread to her bone and brain. They kept her very comfortable and she slipped away peacefully. I hope you are taking good care of yourself these days. I know how much you have on your plate to deal with. Make sure you do not get run down. Sending  hugs. Kate

• Members

Hey there....sunny in BC hope it's sunny where you are. We dropped our daughter off halfway across the country to university..it was extremely hard! We are now "empty nesters" in one year from two kids to empty nesters!!! It's a lot!!!! I know Skylar is with his sister...I feel it. 

A strange thing happened yesterday ...I thought I would share since only this group would understand without being freaked out. I went into Skylar's room and the dogs would not go in for some reason? I sat on Skylar's bed :.i had my phone with me. I asked the dogs where Skylar was (I always do) at that time my phone rang and the number that came up was Skylar's old cell phone number. Of course I was by myself so I didn't answer it ...I was actually in shock and to be honest a bit scared.  I quickly left the room and closed the door. I texted the number back saying I was busy asking what they wanted but didn't get a response. I could have dwelled on it all day so I called the number back (I have Skylar's cell phone beside my bed and of course it is inactive) it was someone else's voicemail! What a coincidence that someone called me obviously wrong number but had been reissued Skylar's old number. I am also seeing a lot of feathers ...some at the front door. I guess I can look at them as signs....knowing he's ok.

its pretty quiet here...

• Members

Dee....I so understand what you are feeling....those times are when we actually feel the passage of time....no matter how old my adult children are....I have double vision...for right beside them is that child when they were 3 or 6 or 12....

Yes...Harris county schools are at about 80% able to open their doors for students...but...it is huge...so the 20% is numerous. Our niece teaches in Ft. Bend County...it is huge...their school will be taking in many displaced students....we have many displaced teachers...it is mind boggling...but will get it all worked out in time. It will take years for restoration.

Thank you, Dianne....watching the devastation on TV is one thing...seeing it all up close...overwhelming....all Texans are hurting for Florida...and the Islands...beyond sad.

Sandy...what a scare.....has your heartbeat returned to normal ? Just grateful that she is on the mend. Migraines are so elusive in the side effects they bring on.

Somersky....when we were on the boat for John David's Angel date....right in front of the Lydia Ann Lighthouse....I looked in the water...and saw a large brown feather floating in the water below the boat....and then...a large white feather. Yes...I will take that as a sign from my boy. The phone call is very strange....but....am told that the energy a soul possesses can trigger electric/electronic devices...let yourself be open....

ScreenShot1348.jpg

ScreenShot1347.jpg

• Members

Sommersky, i love the telephone sign...it is awesome. We had a member here a long while ago that also got the telephone signal with their dear Child's phone number showing up...how wonderful. I do believe it helps us remember that our Babies are just beyond a thin veil. THat our Babies are with us as we move forward, and that they are celebrating our going forward. LOVE IT.

Susan, wow to that about the feathers. I too would take that as a sign from your Sweet Son. Sometimes, we are right where we aer supposed to be. I am glad that the schools are opening but yes, those giant districts will have to pull thier resources and figure out how to deliver education to kids who are stunned by what happened, that can't be easy. Let me know if you know any third grade classrooms that can use a pen pal classroom.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Somersky, I had a similar incident with a cell phone the day Jesse transitioned...it was about 10 that night and there was a text message on my phone that said 

Thanks...Jesse

Also, my son had never texted my phone before (in life)

It was where the phone number or contact name would have been. There was nothing else in the actual message area. It was not attached to any phone number. I tried to call it back, but nothing. 

I never had that happen on a cell phone since. However, on one of his angel birthdays since, I did have a pic of a dove attach itself as an avatar to Jesse's number by itself. No one had touched the phone. It had been sitting on my dining room table. Also, when that particular picture was taken my daughter was sure it was a sign from him. 

I consider these touch points from the heaven world...I always give thanks to receive such signs.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Kate, Yes, I did take a similar trip last year. This year I took my daughter with. She really needed it after this last month. We walked the grounds, and there is a small cafe there with great food. It is one place where I feel safe enough to spiritual connect to a faith...

Colleen, the Holy Hill area is probably close to where you are....

On Synchonicity:

On Sept 2,  we received a final notice that the girl who ran over my son lost her appeal to the courts. She was still trying to place the blame on Jesse 5 years later. (also, nasty things about us were written too, such as we were trying to get the courts sympathy -- what a nut her attorney is, my son dies and no one should feel bad?!?). What is most important to us that the events that actually happened that day now stand legally. My husband after receiving this letter, came to his work to tell his co-worker/friend. He shared, that without our District Attorney's help and commitment --  the truth would never had come out, and lies would have stayed in place.

My husband's co-worker, told him,  that the District Attorney, Gerald Fox died that Monday, Sept 4. Though we missed his funeral, I was able to light a candle for him in the Prayer Room of Holy Hill. I would not be surprised if Jesse was one of his greeters. Gerald passed of a sudden heart attack at a Boy Scout event. We are forever grateful to his assistance.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Sandy, prayers for healing for your girl. 

Dee, good news for your husband and son. 

Kate, more prayers for your husband....holding your hand.

Susan, sending you lots of prayers for Texas!

1-holy-hill-wi.jpg

• Members

My husband is out of town and I told him...his response was "why do those things happen when I'm not around?" Dave is a lot more conservative that way...funny the day before Skylar passed away he said that my husband and sister were "squares" and he and myself think outside the box. Yes...I was open to the sign and received it. Today there is a bit of an aftershock...was he trying to get through to me for a reason? Or just say he's around?  

• Members

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories about your signs. It is so comforting to know that others share in these beautiful gifts given to give us courage to continue.

Thank you to all for thinking about us this past week. We are still waiting for the biopsy results. As always he is keeping busy and positive as to the outcome. Always the optimist.

I have many signs that I have shared over the past several years, but this has to be my favourite and most precious. It was a fall day that reflected my mood. Grey and gloomy. The skies were heavy and threatened rain at any moment. I had decided to have lunch with a friend from our church whose Mom had also recently passed away. When she arrived she asked me where I would like to go. We live in a rural area... but have several small towns that have lovely tea houses for lunch. We had all the time in the world and I suggested a lovely spot that is a heritage home located in a small spot approximately a forty minute drive away. It started to rain cats and dogs as we walked to the car. When we arrived my friend dropped me at the front of the building while she parked her car. I ran in and asked for a table. The place was packed...but they still had their summer addition functional and we were seated at a table at the back corner of the room. We settled in for a nice visit and were approximately half way through our meal when two women entered the room with a young boy. They were seated not far away. After some time I started to notice  one of the women watching me with interest. I started to feel uneasy. The other woman got up and took the little boy from the room by his hand. This woman started to walk towards us. She hesitated for a second and then continued towards us. She mentioned that she had a message. That she was not supposed to do this...whatever that means. Then my friend jumped in that her mom had recently died... the woman just shook her head and stared directly at me. She asked me if I had had a young man die recently? Well, I started to shake. My knees went weak and thank heaven I was seated or I would have fallen over for sure. She told me that he was insistent that she give me this message. He was standing right there beside me. My friend reached down and held my hand firmly and asked if I was OK. I knew in an instant that it was my boy. He kept his promise that if something ever happened to him that if he was able he would let me know he was alright.  The entire room fell silent. There was a table of ladies not far away and they heard every word. One of them appeared to be frightened. The waitress was standing in a small area just beside our table. When she came over I asked her if she had ever seen them before. She told me she had never set eyes on them in her life. Now they were not people that drew attention. In fact they were very ordinary in their appearance. But for one thing...this young woman had the most beautiful smile and her eyes were something you could lose yourself in. Time stood still when she spoke. This is no way could have been previously set up or planned. This spot did not read tea leaves or any of that stuff. This was just pure and simple...a devine message given to offer support and help to get through the next period of hardship. Two months later my husband was diagnosed with end stage three colon cancer and faced major surgery and chemo. I am convinced that Jeff was allowed to let us know he was right there along the way of our journey to support us. God does work in wonderous ways.  

• Members

Omg....that song..how to save a life...it's my daughters favourite song. It's a beautiful song...with heartfelt lyrics.

• Members
My girl is in heaven

2 am. Sleep is totally lost to me now. It used to be the only time I wasn't hurting. Glad to hear so many of uhave had signs from your precious babies. There should be a rule that when god takes a child he takes the mother too. Cause the cruelest thing god ever did was take my daughter but the second cruelest thing was to leave me behind to live with it.  

• Members

Louanne, I am so sorry for the lack of sleep. My belief of God does not make him/her to be the one to take our Kids, but rather the one-ONE that provides a space where the energies can be, to gather and always be. Always. God did not put my Daughter on the train tracks at a broken crossing when an Amtrak was rounding the corner...God did not make the hurricane hit some and not others, or cause terrorists to make their horrid plans, or tsunamis to wipe out whole civilizations, rather these are acts of nature and human actions. My Daughter did not look to her right that night, the broken light caused by a blown fuse was due to someone not doing his job. HUMAN conditions. But I do feel her energy and her love and I try very hard to live my life in ways that make her proud. We do lose all control when we lose a Child or when a Hurricane destroys our lives or anything that makes us realize that we really never had control to begin with. It causes some of us to say, OH, all I have is this moment and so i am going to try to live it well and strong and with hope...we never had control. It leaves us feeling very vulnerable doesn't it, but really, it also can allow you to find what is good in a day and make small celebrations for those little good things. When we let go of thinking we have or had control of our Kids' lives, we realize that we are parents whose hearts are broken because something bad occurred but it wasn't within my control to change it, to make it different, it was in fact, our of my hands, our hands, it was never what we wanted or desired, it was instead, the saddest thing in the world and if we could change it we would, but alas, all we can do in the light of our Children, is live on this earth a life of goodness and service and love.

Kate, that story from years ago is such a wonderful one, so glad taht you shared it again...it offers so much hope for folks.

Laurie, I think that Carol from Massachusetts also had a similar phone contact like you had. I think that it is astoundingly wonderful. What a great communicator that Boy of yours is.

Somersky, same with my husband but the night Eri died, six days after she was struck, my husband, (stepfather to my kids) saw the cloud that looked like ERICA, he saw the sun set through her big wonderful cloud body in the sky and turn this amazing shape of her bright pink as her big hands, (she had big hands) reached out for this other big cloud formation, and as it formed more and more, it was a big mans' face smiling. She was reaching heaven, she was letting us know with the color of the skies and the shape of her with her dreadlocks all around her head, that she was reaching heaven. We stood in the parking lot of a motel in Kalamazoo, Michigan, (I did not want to leave that town the same day she died, I felt I needed to stay  in the town she loved so much before going home. She and My Son had lived together with friends at a house they rented.) My husband and I cried and watched  and I would not go inside until the last of the pink was out of the sky...my phone rang and it was my sisters and nieces, they were driving home after leaving the hospital the day Eri died, back to Chicago area, crying and saying that they were in Indiana and saw ERica in the sky. So ERica let us know, and when I went into the hotel room the tv news was on and the first thing I heard? Hurricane Erica is a storm out in the Pacific. There she was again, letting me know. And one of her favorite songs...mine too, You are like a hurricane, there's a storm in your eye...Neil Young. Oh my Girl lets' me know.

• Members

Dee and Kate....your stories stay near me....always. It is important to write them again....so the new parents on the site can have a glow of hope in their heart...it touched my heart and spirit at a time I really needed it.

ScreenShot1422.jpg

ScreenShot1427.jpg

• Members

Thanks Susan, I do so agree, the stories need to be shared again and again, our written history for those whose stories are just beginning.

Dianne, so so well said. Very beautifully put...one more loss makes the first loss even more difficult to deal with...

• Members

Ross and I spoke at length today about his outlook on life and why he has not allowed himself to sink into depression. Five years ago we sat across from the oncologist while he outlined his form of chemo treatment. He looked at him firmly and told him that if it returned that he would not be able to help him apart from treat the symptoms. You see it has spread to his lymph nodes. He chose to face it with determination and the desire to give himself as much time as possible.

Today while reading our local obits I read this narrative that was written by a very handsome middle aged man that has passed away. It is related to what Ross and I just spoke about today.

"Life is about time. When we're young, we live in the moment and time seems to stretch endlessly before us. Then, at some point, we recognize that the time we've let pass is irretrievable. Suddenly, as the world continues to speed up...as we find there are more and more and still more demands on our time....the most precious thing in our lives  becomes our "freedom time", the time we have just for ourselves and those closest to us. These are the greatest moments in our lives. The great memories you can look forward to and depend upon...time after time."

So, you see...if you honestly asked yourself...if this was my last week or day here on earth is this how I would spend it? Heck no! Not in sadness or bitterness. Yes, there is much pain and terrible things are always happening it seems these days. But look at the beauty that still exists around it. The simple and lovely gestures of caring people in our daily lives. Small things that make a huge difference. Take the time to smell the roses. Give that friend a hug. Appreciate nature and all of God's wonders. It's free. 

I shared that experience because it is very special to us. I am not some lunatic woman that desperately seeks signs at every turn. It happened after my sons and MIL's death to give us hope and support to face yet another grueling setback. God did not promise to take this away, but he did give me hope and support to face it. I can not tell you how often I drew on that experience over that period. The one fact that has helped me to continue when my heartache for Jeff's loss is strong... is to hold on to the fact that I will most definitely see him again. It will happen ...in time. I know that for a fact. 

• Members

I've been there..I've been in the hospital...I didn't think I can go on without Skylar. Skylar was the love of my life...but...I have another love too ...my daughter summer and I KNOW she would be devastated without her mother. Losing Skylar was so hard on her I can't imagine losing a parent in addition to that. I've questioned MANY things since his passing ...friendships especially! Sadly the true friends you thought would be there became absent ...family members distant...strange because those are the ones you need the most which drives you down further into that hole. 

I'm pretty sure Skylar is so busy up there...but he knows to give me a sign. Sometimes you just have to look for it ...sometimes it's very inconspicuous ...don't they know we don't have 100% capacity of our brain ...lol

regardless if your child is a heavenly child they are still your child...they still love you and they are still looking out for you. I believe that!

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Thanks to all who shared their experiences with signs from their loved ones. How precious they are!

It gives hope to those who are still here, traversing the rest of our life pilgrimage. 

Kate, thanks for sharing about your husband...with his courage of facing this cancer. 

I do believe the more open you are to receiving these types of experiences, the more they will unfold in your life. 

Sending gentle thoughts to all.