Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of an Adult Child

momofJustin

• Members
My girl is in heaven

And oh it was an outside wedding. And during the ceremony there was a dragonfly appear. I snapped a picture but it just looks like a dark spot but I know what it was. My husband's sister who was there and lost an 18 year old boy to cancer 20 yrs ago and was best friends with groom , looked over at me and we knew instantly our kids were there. Of course out of 140 people i think only the two bereaved moms would notice.

• Replies 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Tommy's mum

You know who the dragonfly was of course? Yep your girl just showing you she is always with you, that is all the confirmation and affirmation you need. We go along on our way shouldering our burden which will get lighter in time. just know you are valued and understood here we dont forget x

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Oh Lesley. I wish I could hug you right now. You just brought an ever so slight smile to my  face and warmth running through my heart  my husband does not believe in anything and actually got upset with me when I said that was Kira and our nephew there. I can't share anything like that with him at all.  Thank you for letting me share and confirming for me that was my Kira. Like I said I smiled just a little and that is extremely rare for me. Thanks again.

• Members

Signs are all around us, if we feel that special 'knowing' then that is your Baby...Those signs are the most precious actions in our new lives.

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Happy Heavenly Birthday, BRIAN!! Touch your mama today and let her feel your presence!!

Thinking of you today, Colleen.

• Members

Happy Birthday to my son, Brian.

He would have been 26 today.....forever 16.

I need a hug.

Colleen, Brians Mom forever

• Members
Tommy's mum

colleen sending you a big hug today for you and Brian on his birthday. I hope amongst the tears and sorrow there are happier past birthdays for you to ponder on and memories to make you feel a little better. It is always a hard day but think of all those very precious 16 years you had him. 

• Members

Thinking of you today Colleen as you remember your precious boy. Sending a huge "HUG".

• Members

And there are many signs we are given by our children to help us to cope with their loss. I remember the day of Jeff's memorial it was a really beautiful day. We waited months to hold it and it gave me the time to plan a special gathering of his friends, etc. It was held at a lovely resort that overlooked the lake. At the beginning we all stood on a high cliff that was covered by a tent overlooking the water. We gathered while prayers were said. A dragonfly kept landing on the hand of the person that was holding the prayer service. It simply would not fly away even though they kept shaking their hand. Everyone laughed and someone called out that it must be Jeff. I knew that it was a sign. He was there to witness the love being shared and shown. Particularly when he knew that an awesome Irish wake followed. Music, food and stories. This was not a typical religious ceremony at all... but something that a young man would consider SWEET! I even had a table with ice cream sundae and toppings set up for the kids. Everyone left with a smile on their face as it should be. As much as we miss them terribly our pain is softened by the hope and certainty that we will see them again one day. Hold on to that fact on your lowest days. 

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Colleen....what are your plans today ? What I have learned about 'myself' is that the days before a 'date' I feel like my feet are walking in quicksand...and my thoughts are concentrated on memories. I do have an obligation to lead my family...out of a valley of sorrow and sadness...by holding on to each other we create a loving circle.

ScreenShot1218.jpg

ScreenShot1220.jpg

ScreenShot1219.jpg

• Members

BRIAN sweet young man/boy. Your ten years gone...but 10 years arrived as well. Bless your Momma with a big hug today, let it come in the signs you love best. You are forever young, forever loved, forever the Son and Brother and Friend you always were...

Colleen, you're hugged by all of us here, but I do believe that signs will come your way from your Sweet Boy. Peace my Dear.

• Members
  • Members
My girl is in heaven

Sweet Angel Brian. Shine down your brilliant light on your mama bear today. 

• Members

My dear friends,

I just hurt today.  The sadness is so deep it is coiled around my heart.  Tears fall for what should be.  I still cannot believe my life is like this.  

It is days like these that bring me to my knees.  Heavy, like a wet blanket.  Thanks for thinking of my Brian.

Colleen, Brian's Mom forever.

thanks for calling Lou ann

• Members

Colleen, sending a huge and warm HUG. We all know how hard each special occasion can hit us. When we see how other families are intact it crushes us. We will never have an answer that will satisfy us as to why it had to happen. I am dreading the 16th as it approaches Jeff's birthday. To make matters worse on the 19th we are gathering for a family get together. All kids and family are to join together for a party. I must admit since his death I do not feel much like celebrating anything. One foot in front of the other is about all we can ask of ourselves. Thinking of everyone.

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Thinking of you today Colleen Just wanted to say "you are not alone" in my heart and prayers xx

IMG_4097.JPG

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Kate I feel exactly the same don't feel like celebrating anything anymore so hard as two of James's cousins are getting married one in October one in August next year how can I go to these how. 

I'm in a lot of pain the drugs I'm on keep me fairly comfortable but keep being sick my MAG (nuclear) scan has come through it's next Thursday feeling very apprehensive about it though.

The report arrived today from the police haven't been able to go through yet just feeling overwhelmed 

love to you all gxxx

• Members

Georgina, keep us posted as to the medical treatments and scans. Are they looking into your kidney? Wow, those reports came from the police...who will go through those with you? Don't worry about next year now Georgina...maybe you will go to the weddings, and maybe you will not. Determine it at the time, no need to worry yourself now. Today is for today...

Kate, your Boy's birthday is on this year's Eri-Fest, so when we toast her I will also toast Jeff upon his birthday...Prayers for your hurting heart. For everyone's hurting heart.

Colleen, your strong heart will beat with sadness as you miss your Brian. His birthday has always been your hardest time since he left. I am holding your hand and heart.

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Colleen. I hope you are done work by now and able to sit down and relax, go to the cemetery or whatever feels rigjt for you.  Kira s birthday in January this year totally brought me to my knees too. I still don't know which day is harder, thier birthday or Angel date.  You've almost made it thru another July 12th. And all of us will always be here you you.

Georgina. So sorry you are sick. Soldier on thru , remember we are all holding your hands

I wish I could take away all of our pain and heartache. I read somewhere the strongest people in the world are grieving parents. I still wonder why our kids? When did God decide it would be our kids. The day they were born , maybe the day we were born?  I still have my faith but very hard to hold on when your child is gone.  Grieving parents are a forgotten and neglected group of people, except for here. So nice to see everyone came together today for colleen and her precious Brian. 

• Members

HAPPY BIRTHDAY  IN   HEAVEN........BRIAN.

Colleen ------Thinking of you as Brian's birthday is here again.  Always 16....

Always  loved, Always Remembered.

Dee----Hope the spray for the insects will drive those devils away.   I, too,

have always listened to music after David's death.   He and I used to have

lots of in-depth discussions about music, because he loved it too.   Being a

teen in the 80's,  he liked the heavy metal bands  (which I did not),  but we

always got around to talking about  groups from other eras.  Prayers for

Carla's family.....so sad.  Wishing lots of sunshine for the ERI FEST.

Susan-----thank you for all the lovely screenshots with heartfelt words of comfort.

PEACE    TO   ALL

Davey&Lisasmom,   Sherry

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Georgina....you may want to ask your doctor about intraveneous vitamin C for additional tratment for sepsis....this is the article 

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/03/23/521096488/doctor-turns-up-possible-treatment-for-deadly-sepsis

It's hard not to get excited about news of a potentially effective treatment for sepsis, a condition that leads to multiple organ failure and kills more people in the hospital than any other disease.

But there have been so many false promises about this condition over the years, it's also wise to treat announcements — like one published online by the journal, Chest — with caution.

The study, from Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, Va., reported some remarkable success in treating patients who were at high risk of sudden death.

The story began in January, 2016, when Dr. Paul Marik was running the intensive care unit at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. A 48-year-old woman came in with a severe case of sepsis — inflammation frequently triggered by an overwhelming infection.

"Her kidneys weren't working. Her lungs weren't working. She was going to die," Marik said. "In a situation like this, you start thinking out of the box."

Marik had recently read a study by researchers at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond. Dr. Berry Fowler and his colleagues had shown some moderate success in treating people who had sepsis with intravenous vitamin C.

Marik decided to give it a try. He added in a low dose of corticosteroids, which are sometimes used to treat sepsis, along with a bit of another vitamin, thiamine. His desperately ill patient got an infusion of this mixture.

"I was expecting the next morning when I came to work she would be dead," Marik said."But when I walked in the next morning, I got the shock of my life."

The patient was well on the road to recovery.

Marik tried this treatment with the next two sepsis patients he encountered, and was similarly surprised. So he started treating his sepsis patients regularly with the vitamin and steroid infusion.

After he'd treated 50 patients, he decided to write up his results. As he described it in Chest, only four of those 47 patients died in the hospital — and all the deaths were from their underlying diseases, not from sepsis. For comparison, he looked back at 47 patients the hospital had treated before he tried the vitamin C infusion and found that 19 had died in the hospital.

This is not the standard way to evaluate a potential new treatment. Ordinarily, the potential treatment would be tested head to head with a placebo or standard treatment, and neither the doctors nor the patients would know who in the study was getting the new therapy.

But the results were so stunning, Marik decided that from that point on he would treat all his sepsis patients with the vitamin C infusion. So far, he's treated about 150 patients, and only one has died of sepsis, he said.

That's a phenomenal claim, considering that of the million Americans a year who get sepsis, about 300,000 die.

"So that's the equivalent of three jumbo jets crashing every single day," Marik said.

An effective treatment for sepsis would be a really big deal.

"If it turns out in further studies that this is true, and we can validate it, then this will be an unbelievably huge deal," said Dr. Craig Coopersmith, a surgery professor at Emory University School of Medicine. "But right now we should treat it as a preliminary deal that needs to be validated."

Marik may face extra skepticism because the main ingredient is vitamin C, which has attracted a great deal of skepticism over the years. Fowler at VCU was concerned about that when he wanted to launch a study about the role of vitamin C in sepsis.

"Honestly, when we submitted the grant to the NIH, I was fully expecting them to say 'vitamin C? Really?' " Fowler tells Shots.

But he'd made the case that vitamin C wasn't simply a once-trendy antioxidant. When the vitamin is injected, as opposed to taken orally, it can influence the immune system's response to inflammation, he told Shots.

The NIH gave him a $3.2 million grant to run a carefully controlled study of vitamin C to treat sepsis, with all the usual conditions: It includes placebos; the scientists don't know who's getting the active drug; and it's being conducted at several universities.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Kate, I am sorry for the loss of your good friend. Hugs.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

thank you, Laurie....John David developed sepsis....he was very, very sick...and then he had the massive heart attack. I know in my Mother's heart that he was beyond healing of the human hand....he was also the beloved child of Divine Spirit.....'and the Lord came with strong arms and took him in the night'....my beautiful beloved boy went to his first home. He is so loved.

ScreenShot1219.jpg

ScreenShot1216.jpg

ScreenShot1168.jpg

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Hi Laurie yes the doctors have prescribed vitamins but when I've finished the antibiotics I'm on as they are so strong they are making me sick most days. I will have to be on low dose antibiotics for the next six months after they have sorted out the kidney. Had a rough day today missing James with every breath I take .

Susan so sad your story xx Thank you for the posts they really help x

Have a gentle day God Bless xx

• Members

Georgina, take it as easy as you can.

Laurie, what amazing research you have done and what great news that this Doctor has found such success with sepsis. How great that you posted this.

Susan, I don't think I knew that John David had sepsis...such hard memories my dear. I know that you and Laurie will be marking dates next to one another for anniversary and birthday of your Boys.

Sherry, the bugs or chipmunks seem to be stronger than any spray I can come up with though I do think it deterred them for a bit. We had a bunch of rain, though nothing like th enorthern suburbs who are flooding terribly.

I hope that Laurie and Colleen are not flooding as Wisconsin got hit heavily too.

Anyone hear from Dianne? Shannon? Sandy? MaryAnne?

• Members

Dee, thinking of you tomorrow as you remember that special girl of yours. We will be with you in thought and we are sending a huge HUG.

Kate

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Kate.  I'm so sorry you have some one like this in your family. As usual the non-bereaved people don't have a clue what we live with every day. How dare they judge how you should or shouldn't be.  Thier ignorance is unbelievable at times.  Especially when you have Ross being unwell at times.  You are working  hard to keep your self a float  the very best you can while still offering helping  to others. A mother said  to me once " oh I never let my kids shower with door locked" as if it was my faulte for that door being locked.  That door had nothing to do whether Kira died or not. She just wanted me to fell bad.  Don't let one extremely rude insensitive person let you get depressed or suicidal. You have come a long way. And I won't go to that family event either.  I would like to see them walk in your shoes even for a day.  Don't let them take away all the progress you've made. I hope you can stayvaway from this person as much as possible.  Come to us all your kind and understanding friends. We would never hurt you like that .  Please don't let this person bring you down.  If you feel like a call let me know.  I am always here. I'm so sorry some one could talk like that. Head held high and strong. Hugs

• Members

Thanks Kate for your well wishes for tomorrow. Now my well wishes for you, having gone through a rough time today. I know that you need to stand up for what is right, it is who you are. So, well done!

• Members
Tommy's mum

Dee hugs esp for today always a very tough time. We are here with you holding your hand. let us know how you are and how you spent the day. Hope you are ok.

georgina sorry that you have had such a rough time. Take care of yourself and keep strong. Grief not only wrecks your mind and spirit it causes havoc with your body. I think the additional stresses put upon grieving parents causes inflammatory responses that cause organ issues. Also the major surges of adrenaline and cortisol can cause health problems. Also I think we are more vulnerable to infections etc because our immune systems defences are lowered because of ongoing stress and depression.

mermaidtears sepsis is such a tragic disease, often going undetected until it causes major health issues. In the UK we are having a major campaign going on to help the public and health professionals recognise the early signs which are very subtle which is always a good thing. knowledge is power. What exactly happened with John david if that is not too sensitive a question? I don't think I know your story.

Hope all you other Indigos are doing ok, check in when you feel upto it and let us know how you are doing.

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Dee. Thinking of you today on this sad occasion of Ericas Angel date.  Erica, paint the skies with your shades of pink showing your mama you are there with her, send her signs of your presence and let her feel up wrap your arms around her like you used to.  Stay strong my friend.  Feel all of use here with you as you navigate your way thru.  Hugs

• Members

I just found out that a friend of mine lost his 23 year old son. There has been so much losing around here. A week ago a van with 9 people got into an accident. I barely remember reading the article. I think I read 7 died. One was an older lady and the rest children. The driver is only 19. So sad. My heart breaks for them. If that's even possible since it's in shreds anyway. I started shaking when I heard about my friends son. I haven't stopped.

Happy birthday Brian. I don't have words of comfort. I'm sorry. I am having a hard time dealing/grieving. But I did want to say/acknowledge that I am thinking about his birthday. 

Love to all

I wrote the above on Wednesday. Thought my words were falling on deaf ears and honestly was beginning to feel more alone than I already do. I guess I didn't press the submit button good enough for it to post. I'm sorry. 

• Members

My heart and thoughts are with you today Dee .. your family and with Erica...    but you are all with me everyday.   You are a beautiful strong woman and your angel is so very proud of you.

I don't post anymore...  but I read always and walk with each of you through this journey.  All the angel days and birthdays .. the sadness and the happiness..  

I am going on my way to 11 years without JaBoa..  and this site has been such a help..   just to read the struggles and hopes of all hear makes me feel so not alone..   

My health has declined over the years.. ups and downs..  but I still keep going..    to many people still depend on me..  sometimes I think that is what keeps me going yet keeps me down..  can't do without it though.

My thoughts and prayers go with all the angels, parents and families.  It is a difficult road to travel but we are all so much stronger than we want to be or ever thought that we could be.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Dee...you have become such a touchstone to me and many....this is my 5th year on the grief journey..and now I understand that for me to have healthy healing..I must give unconditional empathy. That is what you have been giving all these years. We are all better for each word of care and compassion you have bestowed on many. I know this day will have clouds of dark and thunder....the day your Eri left this earth home...but we shall also be grateful that that beautiful..radiant...girl child left many joyful memories in your heart.

ScreenShot1226.jpg

• Members

Dee,

Thinking of you today and sending many warm thoughts your way for you and your family. I've been so grateful for your stories and words over the 11.8 months and I find strength in your courage and hopeful attitude. Much love and light to you all.

13076864_1544434939199315_1196775220354030697_n.jpg

• Members

ERI.....SWEET  ERI----------Bless your little soul in heaven.   Smile down

on your mama and family who  love you and miss you.

Dee----Thinking of your today, and holding your hand.

Tinay------Prayers for your friend who lost her dear son recently.

Leah-----Good to see your post.  I know that it has been a long 11 years

for you without your beloved granddaughter, JaBoa, and many other

health & family problems.  Sending wishes for peace to you.

Susan----Thanks for the screenshots....I especially like the one for  "a walk

in Nature".   I find that nature is so calming and soothing to the bereaved soul,

and nature is a true friend....always there for us. 

Georgina-----I've been watching reruns of "Grantchester" on PBS, and each time

I watch, and see the actor that you said looks like your dear son,  I think of

you and your James. Such a handsome guy,...your son. Wishing you good outcomes

for all the tests, and I hope you feel better.  Antibiotics can be hard to tolerate. Thoughts & prayers, friend

PEACE  TO   ALL.

Davey&Lisasmom,   Sherry

• Members

Thank you to EVERYONE today, for your kind thoughts and words about my Girl, Erica. I just got back from the cemetery...I am going to take a nap now, hopefully anyhow, as last night was a fitful sleep. Thank you Friends,

Leah, good good good to know you are out there fighting the good fight. Finding ways to stay mobile and helpful. The family does overly depend on you, but you have given them a guide as to how to live...no gift bigger or better than that. Eleven years Leah, hard to believe. Holding you right back.

Divianz, love the photo...

Tinay, prayers for your friend who now has to travel this damn road.'

Sherry, my 14 year-friend...we walk along together don't we...just one month separating our sad dates...thanks for your words.

• Members

I am not sure if I have come to the right place? I don't have support groups in the area and I am having a pretty tough time. Our son Skylar Sheehan passed away last year on his 20th birthday of sudden cardiac death. Skylar was a basketball player that was on scholarship at the university of Calgary and he was the light of my life my soul mate ...my everything. This second year has been so hard much harder than the first. I lost my brother in a car accident when he was 20 ..my biggest fear was that I would lose my son ... 7:30am on his birthday he was awake sleeping 8am he was gone. I tried cpr till the paramedics came and we tried for 2 hours. skylar left us on his 20th birthday ...my biggest fear came true. Autopsy showed necrosis on his right ventricle but we all have to go for genetic testing as he did have abnormal ecg's that were ignored (didn't know until I read his records) Thank you for being a place to talk about Skylar ....

IMG_5278.PNG

• Members

Somersky, your BEAUTIFUL Boy is sitting there looking so handsome, wearing his Marley shirt...my Daughter's friends sang three bird at her funeral, she was 19 when she died 14 years ago today. She also was an April birthday like your Son. We have had several parents here whose Child died from the sudden heart issues like your Boy. Often times, the first knowledge of something being wrong was the event itself. Do you live in Calgary? We have other parents here who do. The second year is often very hard for families as the shock is well worn away  by then and the small movies of their return that we play in our hearts, can no longer be viable..the second year holds the reality of the sad facts. When you say that these warnings were ignored...by who? The school? Please when you are up to it, tell us more about your sweet Son, tell us more about you and never be afraid of repeating your stories or retelling them. It is very good for ones soul to tell  the stories of their loved ones. WE are here. Always know that there is not one way to grieve but a myriad of ways, not one way is wrong, take your time as you go through this time.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Dee, thinking of you today on Erica's Angel day. Sending gentle wishes and hugs.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Tina, I am sorry for the loss of your friend's son. Once you lose your own child, it seems like these are harder blows to take. Much closer to the heart. Yours is a recent loss so there is still a lot of shock...may you find gentleness in your day.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Devianz, what a great picture of your beautiful boy! 

Somersky, I am sorry for the loss of your dear son, Skyler. Yes you are in the right place. Many have come here...some have stayed on to be a beacon to others --- it is a good place. 

Susan, I did not realize that John David had sepsis...actually my mom told me about this research...and then Georgina posted...yes, we are coming to our marker days.

Kate, sending gentle thoughts your way....

It is late tonight but wanted to get this posted...

Also, thinking of Gretchen and those we haven't heard from in awhile...Mary Ann, Becky....

• Members

Thank you for being there it means a lot to know others can relate...a group that not everyone wants to belong to. Doctors ignored his signs but I have to try and look beyond that...he has a sister going to university this year and I know he is so proud of her. I have flashbacks to that morning though and still cannot quite believe he's gone. My heart hurts..and it's sad because people are so afraid to mention his name. Over 800 people came to his service...he left a legacy in his short amount of time here. I live in White Rock British Columbia. I would love to share another picture...the last picture is his graduation dance I got to have with him

IMG_5377.PNG

IMG_4726.PNG

IMG_4611.PNG

IMG_6944.PNG

• Members
Tommy's mum

Devianz great photo handsome boy. i missed you posting.

Tinay we are always here no words fall on deaf ears. Even if you are not always mentioned by name  (there are so many of us to mention sometimes!) you are always a valuable group member.

Somersky i am sorry for your tragic and sudden loss. Sadly cardiac deaths often occur out of the blue without warning. Sometimes there is a genetic link and testing for your family is a good idea, but often it is undiagnosed until after the event. It is so difficult to accept a young healthy person who is full of life and not even reached their peak can be snuffed out so fast. Your boy was so handsome love the pictures. Also the fact that you were able to raise money in Skylar's memory is awesome what did you put it towards? Flashbacks are common it is just one of the unpleasant things we need to work through. I too am almost into my second year and have been feeling more depressed. I guess it all sinks in a bit more, the reality is our children are not coming back and we know we have a lifetime of silent sorrow. Not many people mention my Tommy either even my family but is is ok as long as we do their memory stays alive. We all know our children are still out there by our side knowing they are loved and loving us back we just cant see them for now. I am glad you reached out and joined us you are definitely in the right place here.

• Members

Somersky, we love photos. I love the dance photo, You and your Son are so alike, that smile! What a pretty woman you are, just as he is so handsome. Thanks for sharing with us.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Somersky.....when I see photos of a beloved child.....I can 'almost' see the halo of bright promise....your boy is handsome...and I see Mama Love all around him. I lost my boy, John David, in 2012....he was 42.....and now I have this deep empathy for other parent's that has lost a child...it goes deep and I actually have a physical hurt for others. We are just a group of parents that has lost a child...(some on this site has lost 2)....we are not professional counselors..or therapists...we come here to be understood....for there is simply nothing that can prepare a parent for this kind of grief....and there is no way you can explain this kind of grief unless you live with it. I do not have a circle of friends around me that has lost a child...and the parents on this site has been a gift to me...for they walk in my shoes and reach out to me with words of care and compassion. Some days are good...some days are better....some days are bad...some days are worse. No matter what kind of day or week I am having....there will be a parent or parents on this site that understand. There is no easy way to walk this grief journey...it helps to have someone who walks the same path with you.

ScreenShot1190.jpg

ScreenShot1186.jpg

ScreenShot1229.jpg

ScreenShot1224.jpg

ScreenShot2030.jpg

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Somersky. I am sorry for the loss of your precious Sklyer.  I can so so relate to your tragedy. Six years ago my 17 year old daughter collapsed in the shower. Ultimately she drowned as the water somehow started filling up in the tub.  Somethimg made her collapse though. Autopsy showed nothing abnormal but a cardiologist told me he thinks it was sudden cardiac arrthymia.  Thing is my daughter was perfectly healthy.  Good eater,  very athletic, no complaints of any kind of pain or discomfort. I heard a thump at one time but did not respond. In hindsight I know that was her falling and thus have this guilt to carry with me forever. Just as my Kira, your Skylar looked so strong and healthy. She too was looking forward to university and all that life ahead of her. Lots of people told me that year 2 would be the worst but in six yrs I cant really remember what each year was like. We carry it with us forever.  You have found the right place to come to. I have only been here since April but wisdom  and kindness shown here have really helped pull me thru. Post as much and often as you want and send as many pictures of your beautiful boy that you have. We are all her to hold your hands or send out hugs or anything you Need. If you want a call sometime or email let me know. I will always be here for you. I know that pain of losing a child in such a sudden and unexpected way  . Especially when tjiet lives were just taking off.  I live in Ontario. My sister lives in b.c. there is another mom here from Winnipeg. Please keep reaching out. We will help you. Hugs

• Members

Thank you for all the warm comments ...you are all so amazing. Skylar's fundraiser proceeds went to KidSport ..an organization to fund kids who can't afford extracurricular sports. We have also started a little scholarship in Skylar's name . Our daughter is going to Western which is a university half way across the country which is very tough but I think she feels she has to go far away from here for now. My kids are my everything and I feel that void of Skylar and I guess my heart is catching up with what my brain already knows and it's not right. My biggest fear was losing Skylar ... he reminded me so much of my brother who was killed in a car accident.. our relationship was different it was like I knew him from before. I still can't believe he died on his birthday ...I don't understand ...

i am so thankful I can post pictures of Skylar here and share him with you all and learn of your children too. I got a tattoo which is shocking as my pain threshold is very small but for some reason I didn't feel a think that day I'm sure he was there with me. "Skyballercash" was his basketball nickname thought I'd share my memorial tattoo. The sweet peas are the April flower..they also mean "goodbye"

IMG_6989.JPG