Top Posters In This Topic

• ericasmom

• Mermaid Tears

• daveydow1

• shorty16

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Shannon-Trista'sMom

Georgina, Thank you for honoring our Angels on your retreat. It makes my heart smile to see my Trista's name and to see her thought of . I'm glad that the retreat is a healing place for you. 

Lora, Sending prayers for your Aunt and family. 

I've loved seeing all the pictures and as always Dee, your poems are so beautiful. 

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Thinking of you especially today Laurie. God Bless Xxxxxxx

image.jpeg

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Becky, Lora, and Georgina, thank you all for posting a remembrance for Jesse. It means so much to me and is a balm to the heart. 

Lora, I will pray for your Aunt Pat. Do you live close to her? I am not sure why some people just get hammered with tragedy, one thing after another. 

• Members

JESSE    DAVID........... AN  ANGEL   IN   HEAVEN   NOW.......FLY HIGH, AND

SMILE   DOWN  ON  YOUR MAMA  AND THE  REST   OF  THE   FAMILY  TO  WARM  THEIR   HEARTS.

Laurie-----thinking of you on this day....Jesse's  Angel  Day.  I   know  that  it   is   a  difficult day.

Just  know  that all of  us  here  at  BI   are thinking  of  you,  and  wishing  you   peace.

A light went out on the earth for me

the day we said goodbye.

And on that day a star was born,

The brightest in the sky.

Reaching through the darkness,

with its rays of purest white,

Lighting up the Heavens

as it once lit up my life.

With beams of love to heal

the broken heart you left behind.

Where always in my memory

your lovely star will shine.

by  Catherine  Turner

Susan-----Thank you for posting all those lovely pics of your family.

the pic of the twins is especially  sweet.

WISHING   ALL   INDIGOS  PEACE   AND   A   RESTFUL  NIGHT.

Davey&Lisasmom...........Sherry

• Members
Shannon-Trista'sMom

Susan... Laurie... Dee...

You've all spoken about that 'time warp' lately. I feel it so much. When I think three years... it just seems so odd. Definitely impossible to explain unless you're living it. All the Christmas stuff is going up in the stores and it hit me my fourth Christmas... It just doesn't seem possible. I do wish the commercial Christmas season didn't start in October. 

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Cheryl, it is best just to go ahead and type your response to the thread at the bottom of the page and just note the person's name. Seems to not get lost then. 

Sherry, thank you for the poem by Catherine Turner and the remembrance. Today I changed out the fall flowers for white roses with a touch of purple. I thought they would weather better. Last year the frost came too soon so I could not switch out. 

Shannon,  I would agree...this 4th year the feeling of "forever this life" is overshadowing everything. I think perhaps the only thing that has come out of this is for me to pretend much better. I hate that pretense but have found it necessary as I have had to take a second job that has public contact. I am still not comfortable with that, but it has to be for right now. 

• Members
Shannon-Trista'sMom

I just wanted to share a couple of pics of my greenhouse/sunroom/moonroom. I've wanted this for the past three years. That first year I wanted one so badly because I couldn't stand the thought of the flowers in Trista's garden dying. It was like I connected that to losing her. My mind has settled since that first year. I won't be digging up her garden but I can keep some things growing for her year round now as well as a place to start my plants early in the spring and keep my herbs. Trista had always wanted a greenhouse and I decorated it for her with fairies and Angels and crystals. It's tiny but I love it and my French doors in the living room open right up to it. It will be a place I can go to feel close to her. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Ahh Shannon I just love the little sun house just so pretty such a lovely space to sit and reflect. I'd love somewhere like that. The veiw also looks just beautiful. 

Sherry I love the poem Catherine Turner I like the thought of all our angels being a guiding light thank you for sharing it. 

I am feeling very low can't still believe this is forever.  And when I think like that I feel I want to just go.

Our solictor has engaged a private detective to do some digging in our case I had to go over all the details again, on the phone to him, just so hard killing me little by little. The solictor thinks the driver of the lorry who killed James was 'texting' the police didn't seize his phone, but his on to something, that's why the detective. My daughter husband has offered to pay as we don't have any spare money to fund this.  

There are so many unanswered questions and errors that we have uncovered we have to see it through. 

My youngest daughter has to go into hospital for an operation, she has found a lump, she said it's the stress, it has to come out of your body somehow ahd this is how. I don't know if I told you that my oldest daughter also found a lump she's already had a byopsey and they are going to monitor it but also told its stress related. 

God b, 

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Carla I just wanted to say your so clever at redesigning our pictures of our loved ones. Thank you so much for all you do to give us comfort. Just wanted you to know xx

• Members

Shannon, the sun/moon sanctuary! What  a delight. I would be there a lot...I love that you dressed it in fairies and Trista kinds of delights. Thanks for sharing.

Laurie, I hope you are feeling the love through the screens...oh and thank you for the great video, the grief talk was super, and reminds us that we must acknowledge the events that found our Child gone...it is the story, a big part of our story.

• Members
TearsInHeaven

Shannon, your room is a dream.  I will bet that Trista visits that place often.

Laurie, you find the most poignant videos.  Thank you.

Georgina,  thank you for including Michael on the luminary. I am sure he saw that and looked up James to thank him.Prayers for your daughter's good outcome.  You all have suffered so many health issues-enough is enough, Lord, give this family some peace.

Susan, Essie wanted those beautiful babies to come and continue to fill your heart.

sad inside.jpg

• Members

Georgina, this is such a stressful time for you with both of your girls facing the unknown. Sending prayers for a good outcome for everyone.

Susan, those babies are adorable. There is nothing like a newborn to breathe energy and life into a family. How lovely! Congrats!

Shannon, your sunroom looks so inviting. I can see why you spend your time there in quiet reflection. I loved your plants. Will you be growing anything special for Xmas?

Dee, how is your family doing these days? I know this has been a very hard time for everyone.

Sherry, how have you been yourself? I meant to say how much I enjoyed seeing your pics of the sunflowers a while back.

We celebrated our Thanksgiving this past weekend. All went well. Must admit I'm glad that it is over. My best friend spent the weekend in Minneapolis  with her family at a Vikes game. Their nephew plays for Houston Texans. They lost the game... but she had a great time watching him play. Her son proposed to his GF with a few of the players and her nephew playing a part. Exciting all around. She looked like a deer in headlights when I saw the video. She really was surprised. No pressure there with thirty people watching. So a wedding is in the near future.

• Members

Wow Kate, that is exciting, the engagement in front of others in a fun place like that...I am glad that you enjoyed the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Georgina, the stress does have to come out one way or another. I hate that this latest way is a cause for concern for your Daughters. I also hate that you feel yourself dying a bit each time you have to retell your story...you may need to take a break Girl. Your Boy does not want your search for justice to kill you. If anything, James might say let it go Mom, justice is not going to bring me back and I could not love you more for just who you are right now, so let the fight go, especially if it is going to give your family time to heal a bit. Yes, chances are someone is hiding something, yes chances are that the coverup is a cruel way to hide negligience, but neglecting your health, your broken heart is also not okay. We all do what we feel we must do, but I hope you will know that OUR KIDS love us and want us to shine their lights, their love, not hurt ourselves to negotiate who was at fault. You are far more important to your Family and to James than this.Pardon me if I spoke out of turn, I just know too many whose health suffered greatly while trying to avenge the death of a young one.

• Members

Dee, sound advice as always! I agree wholeheartedly. Take it from a person who has suffered health issues from stress. Sometime you just need to take a very deep breath and step back for a bit. Georgina, you and your family have so much on your plate to deal with. James is always going to be with you along the road and would definitely want you to all be happy and continue along with your lives in a happy and positive way.  Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Put your hand over your heart and feel your heart beat. James is in every beat you take. And he always will be! You will never leave him behind if you move ahead. He is with you all along your journey. That is a fact! Focus on the positive energy and push that nasty stuff aside for now. Yes, people have to be held accountable for their wrongdoing. When it comes at the expense of your family and their health... I agree with Dee. James would want you to move ahead and try to be as happy as you can. I have watched a very ill husband that became that way due mostly to the stress of watching his son die. Yes, he had family history of this disease...but I am convinced it surfaced so quickly after Jeff's death due to the heartache. Take care of yourself. Your family needs you!

• Members

I just kind of scrolled thru and scanned a few things

Tommy's mom-I am so sorry for the shattering loss of your son. One day you will be able to stop the replay button and focus on enveloping yourself with his love and you will begin to feel it. Until then hang on we are here to listen during the darkest of moments

Dee-I love the poem about your sister. As I get older and slower I see the waning of my defiance and giving in to what is.

Georgina-thanks so much for including forest and I on your candle bag. It means so much to me anytime someone remembers us.

Still helping with the fallout ofAndrew's death. Took care of Keely's 8 mo old and 2 year old for a week as she is sleeping thru life on xanex and detaching . she is back in Houston for a couple weeks. I will need to fly out and witness for her to get common law status as they never got married. Still unreal. Both boys? Really?

FB_IMG_1476281676964.jpg

• Members

Georgina-------I'm so sorry to learn of  health worries of your two daughters. Yes...

stress can cause all sorts of problems. Sending up prayers for you and your 

family.  Also......hoping that the  detective can gather more info regarding the

circumstances surrounding the truck driver's status when he hit your darling, James.

I know that you had said that the police were not as helpful as they should have been,

and seemed to just want to close the case.  I pray that justice can be found for James.

Please take care of yourself........it's an exhausting task to find justice, but I, so, understand

your desire to follow it through.

Kate----I'm doing ok.  Our sunflowers are all done for the season now, but are soon

to be drying, and a good source of seeds for the many birds around here.  The wild turkeys visit

our grape arbor regularly to get the remains of the grapes.  Garden is also done for the season.

Now, there's just lots of yard & grounds cleaning up to get done. Soybean field is harvested.

Having some very nice fall weather to accomplish the work.  Hope that you are enjoying the fall in your area.

Gretchen----Thoughts & prayers that all will go ok for the family. Peace & comfort.

Dee-------Becky is now teaching K.  She got a call from the nearby school that she did student

teaching in her Sr. year of college. The school had so many K students, that they found it

necessary to add another class, so she got the job.  How's the weather in Chicago?  Have you

taken many bike rides or walks?   Great time of year for that activity......or just about any activity

outdoors, before the cold blustery weather sets in. :)

PEACE  TO  ALL  INDIGOS

Davey&Lisasmom.....Sherry

• Members

Sherry, tell Becky that I am thrilled for her. That is how I got my first job too, subbing in a school whose 3rd grade population skyrocketed and I was in the right place at the right time...Hooray for Becky, she worked hard to do her college work and now she is getting to make choices and decisions that are so very important. I hope that she has fun.

The weather is lovely Sherry, I have mostly taken many walks, so overworked these days so I get home in time for a walk before the sun loses its warmth. SO still averaging 4.5 miles a day spread between early morning and late afternoon.

Tomorrow is the memorial for my brother in law...

Gretchen, good to see you tonight. Glad that you were able to help out your Son's friends by babysitting. I hope she can gather what she needs.

Goodnight All, more later, but do get a good look at the HUNTER MOON. Full tomorrow. Beautiful.

• Members

We just went through he last of our first's! I don't know how we made it through this terrible time we lost our son Jamie 20 yrs of age last thanksgiving weekend when he was struck by two cars and killed instantly. the most horrific day of my life! as a parent you always fear that knock on the door when your kids are not at home. it was 100 times worse when it actually came!!! my life seemed to go in slow motion as the police told us what happened and gave us the few belongings that he had with him. His cell pone, which was in his pocket was smashed and bent I could only imagine how badly he was damaged. a year later and I still cannot believe that we will never see him again. my heart aches so much and I am not sure how to get through this.

we lost another son many years ago as a young baby and I thought that was the worst thing I could ever go through...but to lose a second child makes you wonder what you ever did to deserve this.... I have no religious beliefs and I sometimes question that if had maybe this would not have happened.

Am I being punished?

• Members

In Heavens keeping...

We had the same unanswered questions when our son was killed.. they did bloodwork on him to see if he was impaired...yet there never did on the driver, they did nothing ... never checked his phone to see if he was texting or talking on the phone...nothing!! we spoke to the police and were told the only way to have access to check his phone was if we filed a civil suit...how wrong is that!!! we need answers to what happened!!! I feel your pain and live it every day like you do and the unanswered questions make me angrier.

Because our son was standing between the northbound and southbound lanes waiting for traffic to clear... he was at fault and no charges were laid... I agree that he should not have been there.. but .. we all do it!! he got off a bus and the traffic lights were 300 meters away on either side so he did what everyone does and ran across the northbound lanes as they were clear and waited for the southbound lanes to clear. a car came up the northbound lane , saw him at the very last minute and tried to go over to the other lane and it was blocked so he turned to go back into the left lane and hit our son. no charges!! how wrong is that!

• Members

No i don't think you are being punished for not believing in God. Since my 24 yr old son was killed in Aug last year saving his friend from committing suicide off a 14 storey building in Hawaii I lost all my faith in the existence of a god. My Tommy went out to save his friend yet when they fell he was killed and the other boy survived yet he was the one who wanted to end his life. I was so angry at first I QUESTIONED WHY MY SON WAS NOT DEEMED WORTHY ENOUGH TO BE SAVED, and struggled with that for a long time. I still dont have all the answers I just know my Tommy was a hero as all the newspapers reported and saved a life. I have traced his friend and forgiven him because I want him to go on with his life paying kindness and helping others. my hope is that he will live a happy normal life and use it to the best of his ability to pay it forward. At least his family were spared going through what our family is going through. i now believe in spirituality and have always tied to help other people as my grandmother always used to say Love is what makes the world go round and a better place to live in.

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Hi Janris I am so sorry for your loss of your son and that you have had to find this group which none of us here wanted to belong to. But I could not have survived without the love, care and support I've been given. I feel I've made friends here as I lost my friends shortly after James died they just avoided me  

I too lost my baby boy Peter and for me too I thought I couldn't go through anything worse  then we lost James.  We are fighting not only for justice for james but our health is suffering because of the stress of loosing James ne having this battle on top.  We are getting somewhere but it's slow and torturous.  Keeping everything very raw.  

Our cases are similar I'm so sorry your having to go through this its just so hard  and for me this se on year has been harder.  I will keep you in my heart and prayers  x

Dee thank you for caring so much for me and my family  it really does mean so much to us all and my girls and Kevin said to say Thank you.  We are starting to self care we sat and talked about what we're doing and how it's affecting us all and we all decided we wanted to continue but we are all going to try and alleviate the stresses more than we have been doing we are all going to write things down, our thoughts and feelings worries etc.  Then every day or other day we have promised to take time out to sit in a chair with a warm drink and clock the moment just to be still .  It's a start we are all under the doctor now  

Kate, Diane, Sherry Gretchen thank you all a for caring  God Bless xxx

• Members

In Heavens Keeping..

this is so weird but the first son we lost had the middle name of PETER and the one we just lost we called Jamie since Birth but his legal name was JAMES

Maybe we were meant to meet

• Members

Hello all,

I have been away from the site for several weeks due to busyness and am just tonight getting caught up on reading.    Although I have been away and don't post often I think of each of you often.   We are truly a family.   Rachel and Jason are now all moved back to Fort Wayne and he is working at his new job.   It is very nice to have all of the grandbabies close to us now.   Maddie and Becca are over the moon having their  Aunt and Uncle close and the cousins love getting together often to play.  They are all growing so fast.   We are approaching the 5th anniversary of losing Sarah in March.  We all of course have good days and bad days as is the journey of grief.   As the girls grow they reach each milestone with a bittersweet mix of joy  as well as being reminded that the major person that should be in their life is missing at these important times.   It is painful to watch them maneuver through the loss knowing that this is the way it will be for them throughout life,  However we all love them so much and fill in as best we can.  They were 3 and 5 when she died and now are 8 and 10 and are so  beautiful.   We know we are blessed.

I will chat again later.   Have a restful evening.

Sandy

• Members

Sandy, as always, my heart smiles when I see your posts. So good to know you are out there in the universe. That Rachael and family moved in closer to all of you is a delight.

Janris, I am sorry that you are on this site and at the same time I welcome you here. I wish it was such that nobody else ever lost a child -never needed to find such a place, but alas, there is always someone new coming here, finding out how to live NOW? You are here now, and we are holding you. I gasp when I read that you lost a Son a long while ago and now your Jamie. We will listen to your stories, to your broken heart, we aer here to do just that. My girl died 13.5 years ago, and I miss her everyday, though have learned to keep her near and have appreciated all these 13 years, Erica's ability to touch my spirit each day. We carry them through everything we do...just as they carry us.

Peace All

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

just so tired tonight my body and mind are so worn out. Trying to sleep but it won't come x

thought I'd share this post more pictures tomorrow Janris it's a small world really gxx 

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Janris....no....you are not being 'punished'.....none of the parents on this site....or any who walk this earth home is being punished...I know that God/Mother/Father of the Universe would never take a child away from a parent to punish them. We are not the first...nor will we be the last parent to lose a beloved child. The depth of our grief is the depth of our love. Accidents happen. Disease and sickness happen. We never had or ever will have Super Human Control. We only have Super Human Love. We do have this heavy and dark kind of grief. We have this deep sorrow and mourning. We all have unanswered questions....and really...no matter what answer we may have...it will never be the right answer. I will never have a 'word' or 'phrase' that will give me any light on my 'WHY'....

This site....this group of parents have been a circle of healing for me. I need these parents that walk in my shoes. I do not have a circle of friends where I live that has lost a child and I so need that understanding...without me explaining in some 1,000 word essay of how my day and nights are. All the parents on here 'know me'...our grief journey will be as unique as our child is unique. We understand each others pain and all the 'firsts' that come...we all understand how our abnormal becomes the 'new normal' of our lives. We understand how we will never be the same. We are here to hear you.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

I have been in a super busy cycle....I hope I can slow down to normal....

Georgina....I am very pleased to hear that you are beginning to take 'self care' very seriously now. This kind of grief can cause many health issues...emotionally and physically. The deep grief can cause deep stress....on every organ in your body. After a time....the physical body will break. I think there are many great Doctors with many great pills to help alleviate certain symptoms....but in the end....it is up to you to help yourself. I also think it is the parent that ultimately has to lead and help the other siblings to a place of healing. There is no end for this grief journey....so....do take some breaks....and give yourself the gift of rest.

Sandy....so good to hear of the family moving back and once again...your circle is close. We do understand how the girls will always have that empty space where their Mama stood...but it sounds as if they are thriving. We want them to thrive...move forward with laughter and love. The ultimate price has been paid.

Many parents find themselves at a crossroads moment. We would like to shut the door. We would like to shut out the world. Run away. Hide. But 'we have promises to keep and miles to go before we sleep'. We have families that need us to make every day a gift. All that has ever been still is important. We have to re-shape ourselves...Dee says we change to make room for the grief. We learn to take all these shattered pieces of our hearts and make a mosaic of what was..and what is now.

ScreenShot274.jpg

ScreenShot272.jpg

• Members

I am happy to have found this site to speak with people that can understand what we are going through. My friends and family can comfort us the best they can, but they do not fully understand the magnitude of emotions that run through our minds.

• Members
Ricky's mom , Wendy

Janrise- I too lost 2 infants yrs ago and recently lost my 23 yr old son in a horrible crash 6 mths ago.  I'm currently taking care of my dying mother in my home now.  I have had to put grieving my son on hold to take care of her.You have not been punished.  I can so relate to your beliefs since I am in same boat.  I'm so angry with this God! You have come to the right place.  I don't post often but I do read always.  Hang in there! 

Ricky's mom, Wendy 

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

just so tired tonight my body and mind are so worn out. Trying to sleep but it won't come x

thought I'd share this post more pictures tomorrow Janris it's a small world really gxx 

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Janris, I so agree with what others have posted here to you. Like Susan said, I too do not have anyone in my community that I could talk to about my child loss. I have found that child loss seems to be a different kind of loss than most. There is that mother instinct that wants to protect our children from all harm...but somehow the worse came to be. I too have lost one infant and now an adult son. Some days are better than others. 

Sandy, how nice that your children are moving near you again...what a blessing! My son's kids enjoy playing with their cousins so much....they have their own unique circle.

Georgina, I am sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly, HUGS.

Wendy, still keeping you in prayers. HUGS. 

All, thanks for the special words of kindness this past angel day for Jesse. It meant so much to me. 

Dianne, thanks for posting the pic of the christening...she looks so carefree in her beautiful dress. I do love cathedrals, the architecture just speaks to me...it was one of the places I went with my mom to light candles for my sons and so many of our family members that passed shortly thereafter...

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

From the book, The Year of Magical Thinking, written by Joan after the loss of her husband.

“Grief turns out to be a place none of us know until we reach it. We anticipate (we know) that someone close to us could die, but we do not look beyond the few days or weeks that immediately follow such an imagined death.

We misconstrue the nature of even those few days or weeks. We might expect if the death is sudden to feel shock. We do not expect the shock to be obliterative, dislocating to both body and mind. We might expect that we will be prostrate, inconsolable, crazy with loss. We do not expect to be literally crazy, cool customers who believe that their husband (*or in our case, child)  is about to return and need his shoes.
In the version of grief we imagine, the model will be "healing." A certain forward movement will prevail. The worst days will be the earliest days. We imagine that the moment to most severely test us will be the funeral, after which this hypothetical healing will take place. When we anticipate the funeral we wonder about failing to "get through it," rise to the occasion, exhibit the "strength" that invariably gets mentioned as the correct response to death. We anticipate needing to steel ourselves the for the moment: will I be able to greet people, will I be able to leave the scene, will I be able even to get dressed that day?
We have no way of knowing that this will not be the issue. We have no way of knowing that the funeral itself will be anodyne, a kind of narcotic regression in which we are wrapped in the care of others and the gravity and meaning of the occasion.
Nor can we know ahead of the fact (and here lies the heart of the difference between grief was we imagine it and grief as it is) the unending absence that follows, the void, the very opposite of meaning, the relentless succession of moments during which we will confront the experience of meaninglessness itself.” 
 Joan Didion, The Year of Magical Thinking

• Members

Piper looks so beautiful in her smile and her white dress. Lovely, thanks for sharing.

• Members

Laurie, I read that book soon after Eri died...So much of what was said, is indeed what we feel. I loved the book PAULA by Isabelle Alende' who writes about her Daughter's illness and death, and then ten years later she writes, The sum of Our Days, a letter to Paula to let her know how everyone is ten years later. Powerful. I also loved: Name All the Animals by Alison Smith, a fiction account of a family who goes through the suden loss of a teenage son/brother. AMAZING!

• Members
Mermaid Tears

I read all of Joan Didion's books...when I read 'The Year of Magical Thinking' I had not been touched by this kind of grief...it was as if I was looking into a window of someone's life...I was on the outside looking in. Now I have another layer of understanding the words written....the poet's poem....the yearning in a song sung. Now I can hear the wails. Now I hear the grief.

Dianne....look at that sun kissed child. That blonde hair blowing and her pretty, pretty dress. You are blessed. I sometimes understand that we should become more 'childlike'...to see the world through a child's eye....throwing our adult judgement calls to the side and embracing just the today we have. I have been thinking more about simplicity. In ways I can simplify to accommodate the way I have changed.

Dee....I am going to read those books...

Laurie....I think it is more than a coincidence that we read the same books. I am always amazed how those great cathedrals were built. The architecture..the design...the craftsmanship...the detail...just intrigues me. When the twins went to Paris and stayed 3 weeks...Hunter Bear said he was impressed by the great buildings...now he is going to Architecture School at A&M.

ScreenShot220.jpg

• Members
Mermaid Tears

Randa found this letter from John David to Austin....priceless and cherished..

ScreenShot276.jpg

• Members

WHAT a gift Susan, that Randa found. How wonderful to have the actual paper that your Dear Son, her Sweet BRo, Austins's super-wonderful Uncle...wrote his love out on. What a dear dear man he will always be.

Dianne, it is so nice to open up this page and your Piper is welcoming us with her beautiful smile...

• Members
Mermaid Tears

She was so thrilled...and emotional to find that....she has been doing some 'cleaning out'.....they only have precious Pibby at home now. I so remember when Jeremy was the only 'chick' in the nest. It was like living in a vacuum...after having 6 kids in a big home...with all the activity..noise...music.

John David loved the Fall.....I am still a summer girl. Here we are a few days away from Halloween....I wonder when I will stop decorating for Halloween ? But November is coming soon....the dreaded Holiday Season is staring at us in the face. Once again...I wish I could pole vault over it all and land on my feet in January. Randa has been having 'those empty nest moments'....and she and I have had something like crippled conversation about plans....we start...but don't complete our sentences. My Grama once told me that the only thing we can really count on is..CHANGE. I wish I could take this off of my baby girl...but it is simply a part of life...and life goes on.

ScreenShot222.jpg

• Members

Dianne------Piper is a beautiful little girl, and looks so sweet in her christening dress.

Susan-----Precious letter.....one to keep, for sure.

Laurie----I believe that I, too, read that book not too long after David passed.  

Words of wisdom & comfort.

Dee----Lovely weather here....for the past several days.  I washed clothes and 

hung them out to dry, and did some more cleaning up of the back garden area.

There are deer tracks galore in the garden......Denny had planted some late season

lettuce, and  the deer were helping themselves...we don't mind.:)   Also,

there are chestnuts all over the backyard from one tree. The deer come around each

fall for the feast.  The lettuce had quite a lot of holes (slugs....:(), so we didn't get

to pick much for our own use, so its there for the deer and slugs.

PEACE   TO   ALL   INDIGOS.

Davey&Lisasmom,     Sherry 

• Members

Sherry, nice weather here too, though too warm for me on Monday, 83. My classroom does not cool off after heat, and my body dearly wants 50's and 60's. It is raining now, a soft rain and I hope the sound lulls me to sleep tonight. The slugs are all too numerous here, the raccoons dig them up so our lawn looks like a bad toupe'.. But our day lilies are still blooming along with roses of two variety, salvia, and dahlias. Amazing.

Susan, I have always embraced Autumn and winter, something lovely to my spirit about them, though I know i am in the minority there. I get what you mean however about the season, the joyous and jolly time that we sometimes have to fake for everyone else. One thing I do each year, always have but have increased it since Erica died, is adopt a family or two who are in need and purchase the things that they need and few things that they want or don't expect. Nothing feels better to my soul than to know that those who struggle can wake up to some magic on Christmas/Hannukah...often times they have never had a gifting time due to finances. I also include my class each year adn the students shop online iwth my help and we get clothing and toys for two kids and a Mom/Grandmom, depending on who is raising them. My students really learn from this lesson that in outreach we give and receive,we learn lifelong lessons in  how to lend a hand, how to cause a smile, how to heal a hurt. Anyhow, maybe you and Randa can plan a day to work at a soup kitchen and cook for those in your community who are needful. You are quite the cook and your heart is as big as all of Texas.Sometimes the way to heal some of the ache over the holidays is to start new traditions that the family can partake.

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

Hi thought I would share this. Thinking of everyone Xx

Running the 5k in the Great South run tomorrow for TCF in memory of my beautiful Son James. He loved to run and did the 16k every year. Love you James missing you just so much   Mum xxx❤️

image.jpeg

• Members
InHeavensKeeping

oh I'm only doing the 5k 

• Members

ONLY???You kidding, the 5 K is a great thing to take on. Good for you. I can't run, I could walk the 5, 10, 16, but not running thats for sure. Georgina, I hope you feel that handsome Boy's spirit right next to your ever-loving heart.

Dianne, I am sure that Michael sings to Piper, he is a part of her life from his side of the world...and how wonderful for his ability to do so. Lovely.